Alfredo Morelos 'El Bufalo'

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The level between the scottish premiership and the EPL is worlds appart. I wouldn’t even waste my time looking at that league the jump from one to another is way to big.
Van Dijk came from that league, Moussa Dembele who's being linked with a lot of top clubs also did.

With it being such a weak league overall players won't be that expensive which means if you can identify which players are capable of making the step up you have a bargain on your hands.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
The level between the scottish premiership and the EPL is worlds appart. I wouldn’t even waste my time looking at that league the jump from one to another is way to big.
A smart PL club could have snapped up McGinn, Van Dijk, Tierney and Wanyama for a fraction of what they'll be worth now.

Nick7

Can’t understand why anyone could watch his “performance” today and want him. That stamp down the achilles of the Celtic player was disgusting.

Thiagoal

Virgil Van Dyke and Wanyama are two exceptions suggesting a diamond can be found!
Morelos had a stinker today though

van Hooijdonk

Always shambolic and wasteful againts Celtic. 11 games already without goal in the Old Firm. Overrated as feck.

SAFMUTD

Van Dijk came from that league, Moussa Dembele who's being linked with a lot of top clubs also did.

With it being such a weak league overall players won't be that expensive which means if you can identify which players are capable of making the step up you have a bargain on your hands.
Yeah but its like saying we should look into EFL league one because some players have come from there.

I get your point but like VVD and Robertson they first made the step up into a lower table premier league team and then to a top team.

SAFMUTD

A smart PL club could have snapped up McGinn, Van Dijk, Tierney and Wanyama for a fraction of what they'll be worth now.
Only VVD is a great adition, the other ones haven’t proved a thing to say it would had been a smart move to go for them.

And VVD first made the jump into southampton and then to his current level at liverpool.

SAFMUTD

Virgil Van Dyke and Wanyama are two exceptions suggesting a diamond can be found!
Morelos had a stinker today though
Sure but both of them made a jump first to a low table premier league team, saying we should look into the scottish league because some players that used to play there became good is like saying we should look into english third division or african leagues because some talents have come from there.

PoTMS

Sure but both of them made a jump first to a low table premier league team, saying we should look into the scottish league because some players that used to play there became good is like saying we should look into english third division or african leagues because some talents have come from there.
This is beyond stupid. For one, Morelos has been tearing up the Europa League, in a group with Porto and Lazio, no less.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I'd say there's no league on earth (within reason) that a club our size, and with our resources shouldn't be following in some capacity. SPL is definitely in that, as would the top 5 or 6 English leagues and many of the African leagues (seeing as they was specifically mentioned).

I'm not talking about sending scouts physically to games all the time. If there isn't independent football industry scouting services/reports that clubs can subscribe to I'd be surprised. Companies set up to scout players/talent spot then sell reports on to clubs that subscribe if they spot anyone good.These would be competing with each other to be the best talent spotting agency.

Then I suppose people can keep an eye out for the likes of Opta stats or similar for whatever leagues have that kind of thing. You can watch a hell of a lot from your armchair too. I signed up to Bet 365 a couple of weeks ago and the amount of stuff they stream is insane. I watched 2 Italian second-tier games, and a Polish and Argentinian top-flight one on there today. They have allsorts on there including Guatemala, Indonesia, Paraguay to name a few obscure random ones. I'm sure someone, somewhere is watching those feeds looking for talent. SPL is on regular telly so that's an easy one. If someone catches the eye from video feeds you take a closer look or ask for opinions from people who know those teams/players.

Edit: All of that's irrelevant to whether or not this fella is good enough for us of course, but I'm sure we know what's going on in the SPL at all times. We could just give Choccy a buzz for a start. It's right next door, no language barriers etc. It would be really negligent if we didn't have some idea of who the best talents in that league are and weren't keeping some sort of eye on them, even if it's just very basically.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

This is beyond stupid. For one, Morelos has been tearing up the Europa League, in a group with Porto and Lazio, no less.
I’ve never seen him with Rangers but I’ve seen him in the colombian team, and he seems a extremely limited player that bases all his strengths in his physique and nothing else and he’s not that young anymore at 23. Anyway we’ve seen what happens with “superstars” that come from the scottish league.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah but its like saying we should look into EFL league one because some players have come from there.

I get your point but like VVD and Robertson they first made the step up into a lower table premier league team and then to a top team.
I have always been of the opinion that it's not that difficult to work out which players can make the step up and which can't. It's not as hard as people think working out the potential of a player. Any regular viewers of the SPL should be able to identify which players are capable of making the step up and who ain't.

For example I only needed one game to realize Patrick Bamford would never be a PL quality player.

SAFMUTD

I have always been of the opinion that it's not that difficult to work out which players can make the step up and which can't. It's not as hard as people think working out the potential of a player. Any regular viewers of the SPL should be able to identify which players are capable of making the step up and who ain't.

For example I only needed one game to realize Patrick Bamford would never be a PL quality player.
I think its easier to identify the players that wont make it but extremely hard to identfy the ones that will, thats why clubs pay so much for players that ultimately end up being crap.

poleglass red

He was absolutely horrible in the cup final yesterday. He's still to score against Celtic in 11 games.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Quite a lot of shite being talked in here. There is, of course, no national league that is irrelevant when it comes to unearthing talent. Alfredo, as it happens, is not good enough.

poleglass red

Lazio aren't in Rangers group.
Porto, Young boys and Feyenoord are in same group as them.
Lazio are in Celtic's group.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I’ve never seen him with Rangers but I’ve seen him in the colombian team, and he seems a extremely limited player that bases all his strengths in his physique and nothing else and he’s not that young anymore at 23. Anyway we’ve seen what happens with “superstars” that come from the scottish league.
Such as? The hit rate in recent years has been tremendous. And when a player hasn't been a massive success, the knock-down price clubs pay to pluck from the Scottish game covers the risk. Even your own username came from the fecking Scottish League, hopefully you weren't around in the 1980s telling the Board not to gamble on this Ferguson bloke from Scotland.

Ultimately if you want to wait till that potential prospect is now worth 5-20 times what other clubs have paid, fire on ahead.

SAFMUTD

Such as? The hit rate in recent years has been tremendous. And when a player hasn't been a massive success, the knock-down price clubs pay to pluck from the Scottish game covers the risk. Even your own username came from the fecking Scottish League, hopefully you weren't around in the 1980s telling the Board not to gamble on this Ferguson bloke from Scotland.

Ultimately if you want to wait till that potential prospect is now worth 5-20 times what other clubs have paid, fire on ahead.
What has been tremendous? Besides Robertson and VVD who has triumph in the premier league? And as I said they first made the step into a low table club.

Tierney for example dominated the league and was picture as one of the hottest prospects and? He is hasn’t proved anything yet with Arsenal.

Im not saying it’s impossible for a player from the scottish league to make it on the premier league, my point is that the level is so far away that all the statistics from the scottish league are almost irrelevant, like the MLS for example.

I get the point of buying young prospects to get them cheap, but I dont think we should be looking for our next striker in that league, specially Morelos that doesn’t look special at all.

EdinburghDevil

He's been a lot more disciplined this season, but lost his head yesterday. Feels like the occasion gets the better of him against Celtic.

I suspect longer term Odsonne Edouard who plays at Celtic will be the better player.

poleglass red

What has been tremendous? Besides Robertson and VVD who has triumph in the premier league? And as I said they first made the step into a low table club.

Tierney for example dominated the league and was picture as one of the hottest prospects and? He is hasn’t proved anything yet with Arsenal.

Im not saying it’s impossible for a player from the scottish league to make it on the premier league, my point is that the level is so far away that all the statistics from the scottish league are almost irrelevant, like the MLS for example.

I get the point of buying young prospects to get them cheap, but I dont think we should be looking for our next striker in that league, specially Morelos that doesn’t look special at all.

Tierney is a bad example, he's been injured basically the whole season so far. Its a worrying trend for him esp at such a young age. Didn't he get man of the match in his first start for them and played excellently in his only other appearance.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic

Forster, Wanyama, Ki, Steven Davis was Southampton captain, Naismith was a success at Everton.

Pukki on the other hand was absolutely terrible in Scotland and has been a rip roaring success in England.

And the MLS comparison is awful. MLS teams don't compete in European competition against some of the top teams from Europe's top leagues.

SAFMUTD

Forster, Wanyama, Ki, Steven Davis was Southampton captain, Naismith was a success at Everton.

Pukki
on the other hand was absolutely terrible in Scotland and has been a rip roaring success in England.

And the MLS comparison is awful. MLS teams don't compete in European competition against some of the top teams from Europe's top leagues.
Would you take any of the ones you mentioned as a good buy by ManUtd? Im not talking about playing in the premier league, Im talking about playing at top level in the premier league.

All those players you mentioned have had enough time to develop, bar Pukki, and none has the required level to be at top flight. Maybe Wanyama, but very debatable.

Again Im not saying its imposible for a player that comes from the scottish league to make it big here, but the levels are so different that the step will be way to big in the vast majority of cases.

SAFMUTD

Tierney is a bad example, he's been injured basically the whole season so far. Its a worrying trend for him esp at such a young age. Didn't he get man of the match in his first start for them and played excellently in his only other appearance.
Sure the jury still out on him, but we'll see if he's as good as he was highly rated on that league.

poleglass red

FFS he’s averaged 1 goal in 4 games while been played out of position and fecked around by Jose.
Jury still out on him though due to inconsistency. Injuries, tactics, position etc have all been reasons/excuses for his lack of consistency. If he played like he did v City, there wouldn't be any doubt, but as we've seen in recent games that's not always the case. Just look at this website alone for negative views on him. Look at the clamour of posters on here for Haaland. He'd be coming to take Martial's place. I like Martial but he can go from sublime to pathetic from game to game. As good as he can be I don't think you can say he's been an undisputed success.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Scored against Motherwell, got a second yellow for his celebration and got sent off.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Also did a throat cutting gesture on his way out. Has to be the biggest moron in football at the moment.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Hes a dick head.
Rightly booked for a pathetic dive. Then throat cut gestures ?
Massive bell end. Suits Steven Gerrard to a T.

Bulldog United

El bufón is perfect for these games. The Old Firm game isn't proper without a red card, and this guy pretty much always delivers.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I used celebration, but that thing he done when he got sent off, couldnt work out what he was doing because it cut of him quick
Oh right... he made throat cut gestures as he walked off the pitch. Hard to know what he was thinking or who it was aimed at?

arnie_ni

Oh right... he made throat cut gestures as he walked off the pitch. Hard to know what he was thinking or who it was aimed at?
If he did that, and i did see him do something to his throat, needs a long term ban.

That derby is fiesty enough without that shite.

As a player, is he any good? Always hear people talking about him