Alfredo Morelos 'El Bufalo'

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s a good player scores goals but so does Lawrence shankland, and I don’t hear everybody shouting and bawling about him, if I was OGS, I would sign Dembers far far superior plus you would be giving us a big fat cheque, don’t even ask about Eddy.

morelos or whatever he’s called wants to be Edouard.
A Celtic fan not rating a Rangers player, shocker.

VanAlden

He’s a good player scores goals but so does Lawrence shankland, and I don’t hear everybody shouting and bawling about him, if I was OGS, I would sign Dembers far far superior plus you would be giving us a big fat cheque, don’t even ask about Eddy.

Don't worry, no one is asking about Edouard.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
A Celtic fan not rating a Rangers player, shocker.
I never said I never rated him, he’s a good player for that level, what I said if you rate him why not go for Lawrence shankland, he scores goals aswell, also not against Celtic, although I don’t think Lawrence shankland has ever played against Celtic, could be wrong.

Lay

I never said I never rated him, he’s a good player for that level, what I said if you rate him why not go for Lawrence shankland, he scores goals aswell, also not against Celtic, although I don’t think Lawrence shankland has ever played against Celtic, could be wrong.
Shankland plays in the Scottish Championship, weird comparison. All this “morelos wants to be Eddy” sounds like a 12 year olds opinion as well.

lysglimt

Scout
It's actually shocking that anyone seriously consider a player who has been sent off 5 times in one season. That is one more than was dished out during the entire World-cup.

This is a guy who seriously can't take any kind of provocation - what would happen if United played City, Leeds or Liverpool ?¨A disaster waiting to happen. I don't even know how much "bonus" you get for being sent off 5 times :) You do get get a bonus-game for the second sending off - so maybe you get 5 for the 5th extra .. I really don't know :)

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He reminds me of Suarez, in more ways than one!

I'm not sure if he's ready for a club the size of United yet. He needs to make that Southampton type club step in to the Premier League.
I have no interest in Morelos.

However if we have interest in these types of players we’ve got to move faster and not let them join the Southamptons of the world because their price then triples or worse.

VanAlden

It's actually shocking that anyone seriously consider a player who has been sent off 5 times in one season. That is one more than was dished out during the entire World-cup.

This is a guy who seriously can't take any kind of provocation - what would happen if United played City, Leeds or Liverpool ?¨A disaster waiting to happen. I don't even know how much "bonus" you get for being sent off 5 times :) You do get get a bonus-game for the second sending off - so maybe you get 5 for the 5th extra .. I really don't know :)
His disciplinary record is much improved this season. He looks like a different player in that regard. It's also important to realise that there was a huge target on his back last season and he was being booked for absolutely anything.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Shankland plays in the Scottish Championship, weird comparison. All this “morelos wants to be Eddy” sounds like a 12 year olds opinion as well.
He’s a good goal scorer so why is it a weird comparison?, counter argument would be comparing morelos and Dembele for fee wise, Dembele has scored against Man City and PSG then so they can’t ask for same fed Dembele went to Lyon for then?

also when I was saying morelos has never scored against Celtic to be fair Edouard and Dembele never scored against rangers, they would have if they ever played against them.

Gary Hooper was the last Celtic player to score for Celtic against rangers.... a wee trivia question for you.

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
He’s a good goal scorer so why is it a weird comparison?, counter argument would be comparing morelos and Dembele for fee wise, Dembele has scored against Man City and PSG then so they can’t ask for same fed Dembele went to Lyon for then?

also when I was saying morelos has never scored against Celtic to be fair Edouard and Dembele never scored against rangers, they would have if they ever played against them.

Kris Commons was the last Celtic player to score for Celtic against rangers.... a wee trivia question for you.
Edouard scored last time against rangers did he not.

Lay

I think he’s alluding that Rangers are dead..:rolleyes:

like I said, he posts like a 12 year old

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
His disciplinary record is much improved this season. He looks like a different player in that regard. It's also important to realise that there was a huge target on his back last season and he was being booked for absolutely anything.
That might be the case - but until he has shown an improved record over several seasons, that is not the kind of player you sign in the situation we are in. It's way too big of a gamble

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

:houllier:

It’s not even 9am, lad. Put down the Buckfast.

VanAlden

Kris Commons was the last Celtic player to score for Celtic against rangers.... a wee trivia question for you.
There is no way you are 30 years old.

Deery

Dreary
I think he’s alluding to the fact that Rangers are dead..:rolleyes:

like I said, he posts like a 12 year old
Yeah, just looking Edouard is 5 in 7 against Rangers.

As for Morelos I think he would be a great addition and at low cost about £30m would be enough.
Even if he’s not a starter he would significantly improve or squad, maybe like a Louy Saha off the bench or starter type player obviously the goals are there.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Was really hoping we were going to firm up our interest in him last summer when £15m was being talked about, he is everything Benteke isn’t. Unfortunately our board have an aversion to investing these days and I fear we have missed the boat again.

AneRu

That might be the case - but until he has shown an improved record over several seasons, that is not the kind of player you sign in the situation we are in. It's way too big of a gamble
But sometimes the gamble is worth taking and if the fee is reasonable the club can recoup most of it if it fails. However the potential upside is huge and we do have a couple of young talented strikers in Martial and Greenwood so it's not exactly like we would be struggling for goals if we sort our creative issues.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Nope Edouard has never played against rangers, it was Gary Hooper in a 3-0 victory in April 2012, my mistake I said Commons but it was Hooper that scored the last ever goal for Celtic against rangers.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Nope Edouard has never played against rangers, it was Gary Hooper in a 3-0 victory in April 2012, my mistake I said Commons but it was Hooper that scored the last ever goal for Celtic against rangers.
You’re being a bit naughty. Start looking for another forum

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would take him as a cheap option. But I'd take just about anyone for some goals at this point. Creativity seems the bigger need for us though.

Fussball13251

Those are my thoughts too, he's that aggressive type of South American warrior that plays on the edge like Tevez and Suarez. I fully expect to see him in the Premier League soon.

Gary Hooper was the last Celtic player to score for Celtic against rangers.... a wee trivia question for you.
Nobody cares if he hasn't scored against Celtic yet. Overall picture he looks promising. He's improving. Some are now even comparing him to Suarez. His workmate is high and he scores out of nowhere: https://twitter.com/passandmove3 He's doing this alot in Europe whenever he gets a sniff on goal. He's only 23.

Last edited:

galwayfa

Yeah, just looking Edouard is 5 in 7 against Rangers.

As for Morelos I think he would be a great addition and at low cost about £30m would be enough.
Even if he’s not a starter he would significantly improve or squad, maybe like a Louy Saha off the bench or starter type player obviously the goals are there.
Saha was v good for us, no way is he close to what Saha was, if it wasn't for injuries he be still talked about. Perfect for Rooney

Deery

Dreary
Saha was v good for us, no way is he close to what Saha was, if it wasn't for injuries he be still talked about. Perfect for Rooney
Yeah I agree, Saha was a great player. Morelos is similar he can play with his back to goal, score from nothing, poach and hold a ball up just like Saha.

Will he ever be as good as Saha I don’t know, could he be better maybe...

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Scored his first goal for Colombia last night. Last minute winner.
Genuinely unbiased when I say I don't even think it was his goal. Keeper saved it, comes back out and hits the other guy on the deck then the goal is given and I'm positive the ball didn't even cross the line.

Not entirely fussed though, if he's credited with it then good, might crank up interest in him ahead of January. Rangers a one-man team right now so sooner he's sold the better.

VanAlden

Genuinely unbiased when I say I don't even think it was his goal. Keeper saved it, comes back out and hits the other guy on the deck then the goal is given and I'm positive the ball didn't even cross the line.

Not entirely fussed though, if he's credited with it then good, might crank up interest in him ahead of January. Rangers a one-man team right now so sooner he's sold the better.
I can only assume you don't watch a lot of Rangers (which is odd given you're a Celtic fan) if you think they are a one man team.

Jibbs

Great player... has a bit of Tevez and Suarez in him, it is not because Gerrard is managing him, but I think he will end up at Liverpool. Their recruitment has been superb of late and somehow they get the right deals done at right price. He would really suit United too, probably the best player within 30,40 million bracket.

Fussball13251

Every player occasionally misses sitters. Also Suarez is 32 years old now. That is when performances drop a little.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball 8/10 times. He's world class. He would be up there with Harry Kane, etc, in the EPL. He barely receives any service, but still scores. On;y time in the game Rangers pushed for goals, and he scores two quick ones.

Dick Advocaat:

We dominated the first half, but only scored one goal which was not enough,” Advocaat said.
Besides that, they got two chances and scored two goals. At this level, that should not be possible.
Morelos is a good striker because apart from his goals I didn’t see him. However, that only shows his talent.

Last edited:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Every player occasionally misses sitters. Also Suarez is 32 years old now. That is when performances drop a little.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball 8/10 times. He's world class. He would be up there with Harry Kane, etc, in the EPL. He barely receives any service, but still scores. On;y time in the game Rangers pushed for goals, and he scores two quick ones.

Dick Advocaat:
Well his finishing was patchy up till 2017/18. Last season and this he's been absolutely ruthless. Started 20 games this season and scored 24 goals. Top scorer in the Europa League netting a goal for every 3.5 shots. Last night two chances, two goals, and he should have won a penalty.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Another 2 goal, good goals to be fair, 2 headed goals, dare I say it Henrik would’ve been proud of.

Fussball13251

Well his finishing was patchy up till 2017/18. Last season and this he's been absolutely ruthless. Started 20 games this season and scored 24 goals. Top scorer in the Europa League netting a goal for every 3.5 shots. Last night two chances, two goals, and he should have won a penalty.
Feyenoord effectively lost the game (a draw at home is practically a loss) because they have poor finishing. They missed even more chances versus Porto. Morelos on the other hand only needs half a chance in the box. The headers weren't lucky they were directed.

He reminds me of Ruud van Nistelrooy and all them players.

Last edited:

MC89

Supports
Celtic
£40/50M they say:rolleyes:

Alfredo morelos - 7 shots 0 goals
Christopher Jullien - 1 shot 1 goal
...... who’s the better striker?

Tel074

Feyenoord effectively lost the game (a draw at home is practically a loss) because they have poor finishing. They missed even more chances versus Porto. Morelos on the other hand only needs half a chance in the box. The headers weren't lucky they were directed.

He reminds me of Ruud van Nistelrooy and all them players.
You have obviously never ever seen RVN playing then . Morelos wouldn't score 15 goals a season in the Championship nevermind the PL .

SAFMUTD

The level between the scottish premiership and the EPL is worlds appart. I wouldn’t even waste my time looking at that league the jump from one to another is way to big.