Alien: Isolation

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Soooo.........

Are we going to get sucked in yet again?

Revan

Assumptionman
I thought it will be a Ridley Scott movie.

Loved the movies (well the first two, though the third one was acceptable too) so I am going to play it. It better not interfere with the new Dragon Age game though.

Edit: Creative Assembly are the developers. When did they started doing these kind of games?

afrocentricity

It looks and sounds really good, but I've been burnt so many times on this franchise...

gaz1185

On a geeky note; is that Tom Wilkinson, Daniel Craig and Ian Holm on the voice overs?

Nickosaur

Looks fantastic, and utterly terrifying, so I won't be touching it. I'm such a pussy when it comes to scary games :lol:

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
CA need this to be playable and successful after the debacle of Rome 2. I mean how can we be sure this will be any good? They should not be making this game after their track record of releasing unfinished and buggy games (no matter how good the games are, its unacceptable business practice they have gotten away with for years) and then last year with Rome.

afrocentricity

There was preview on gamespot I think, had nothing but good things to say...

Phurry

Furry Fecker
I hope this lives up to the trailers. I loved the first two films, I've actually got a model of the dropship from Aliens being professionally built at the moment (I had 2 kits and the one I did looks fecking awful :lol:)

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Edit: Creative Assembly are the developers. When did they started doing these kind of games?
Probably since they knew they'll still make something way better than Gearbox Software's attempt in scamming everyone with Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
So far it looks more like a survival horror than typical space shooter with Aliens in it. I still feel there will be some typical weapons like flamethrower.

Nickosaur

I read in one of the previews that the developers have said there will only be one xenomorph in the whole game, similar to the first Alien movie.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I read in one of the previews that the developers have said there will only be one xenomorph in the whole game, similar to the first Alien movie.
In that case it may be more in the mood of 'Amnesia: Dark Descent' or 'Outlast' which will probably be a much needed refreshment.

Iron Stove

Looks fantastic, and utterly terrifying, so I won't be touching it. I'm such a pussy when it comes to scary games :lol:

I'm exactly the same. Huge fan of the Alien film, but I just can't play games like this. Looks stunning though.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Tripping balls that gameplay commentary vid. Looks like somebody watched Ridley Scott's classic and took notes finally.

afrocentricity

After playing this on the Oculus I don't know if I want to play this without it... I would wait, but then VR support isn't even confirmed.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
After playing this on the Oculus I don't know if I want to play this without it... I would wait, but then VR support isn't even confirmed.
Long way to go for Oculus Rift, I will have long completed it by then. ;)

afrocentricity

Long way to go for Oculus Rift, I will have long completed it by then. ;)
Yeah I hear that, but with so many games coming out... maybe I can wait. Don't wanna spoil a potentially great experience. Won't be the same playing it in VR (be that OR or Morpheus) pretty much knowing what will happen and how the game works, etc...

Yeah I think I'll wait. Make sure you lot use spoilers once this comes out...

afrocentricity

Let me say this though, the VR demo that I played was a game changer for me... VR is real :drool:
It puts you right inside the game. It's not going to be a fad, unless they invent the holodeck some time soon.

Ducklegs

Even though I am a big fan of the Alien franchise and Sci Fi in general, I have no interest in this.
Doesnt look like my kind of thing at all.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Even though I am a big fan of the Alien franchise and Sci Fi in general, I have no interest in this.
Doesnt look like my kind of thing at all.
Really? I think this is going to be freaking amazing. Completely fresh new gameplay it'll feel like a unique game imo.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's weird, I admit it - not a shooter in any way I assume? I haven't even watched Alien (somehow) but I asummed there'd be one Alien on the ship and you'd be trying to get through the game without being killed by him. His AI is supposed to be top notch.

Moonred

Loved the movies, have played the older Alien games and enjoyed it. Not much into survival horror but it looks fantastic.

afrocentricity

Old but it will give you an idea of the game type:

Kaos

I only ever tried EVE:Valkyrie on the Oculus and that was mindblowing enough as it was. I'd imagine something like this would be insane.

Revan

Assumptionman
It's weird, I admit it - not a shooter in any way I assume? I haven't even watched Alien (somehow) but I asummed there'd be one Alien on the ship and you'd be trying to get through the game without being killed by him. His AI is supposed to be top notch.
Yep, that's it. It looks to be similar to the first movie. Btw, don't miss watching the first and second Alien movies, they're very good.