Alien: Isolation

Bojan11

I’ll go for Vanquish next time.
You can choose my first PS5 game.
I feel Miles will drop in price quicker, so Demon’s.

But that ultimate edition is tempting considering you have not played the first game. So flip a coin. Heads for spidey and tails for demon.

Irwin99

I first completed this in 2016 and then went back to get the platinum during the last lockdown and it made me appreciate the game even more. The music from Alien is beautiful and the game brilliantly lives up to the atmosphere of the first (and I'd argue, best) Alien film.

It's just tragic that possibly the only good Alien videogame will never get a sequel :(

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I first completed this in 2016 and then went back to get the platinum during the last lockdown and it made me appreciate the game even more. The music from Alien is beautiful and the game brilliantly lives up to the atmosphere of the first (and I'd argue, best) Alien film.

It's just tragic that possibly the only good Alien videogame will never get a sequel :(
I’m quite near the beginning of the game still and have to escape from some Android dudes. But I’m enjoying the atmosphere of it so far, the music and sound effects are great.

Is the DLC worth playing when I’m finished?

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I first played this on hard level, but my heart couldn't take it. Way too scary.

Eventually I finished it on easy level. Brilliant game.

Irwin99

I’m quite near the beginning of the game still and have to escape from some Android dudes. But I’m enjoying the atmosphere of it so far, the music and sound effects are great.

Is the DLC worth playing when I’m finished?
I actually didn't play the DLC which is weird considering that i'm a huge fan of Alien. Maybe it's because, although it's a great experience, there's such a huge outpouring of relief and a feeling of safety when you've finished the game that it's kind of hard to think about playing anything like it again without a break.

BTW please play this game with earphones. I wish someone had told me that 4 years ago. Not only does it heighten the atmosphere but you also get a slight help with detecting threats.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I actually didn't play the DLC which is weird considering that i'm a huge fan of Alien. Maybe it's because, although it's a great experience, there's such a huge outpouring of relief and a feeling of safety when you've finished the game that it's kind of hard to think about playing anything like it again without a break.

BTW please play this game with earphones. I wish someone had told me that 4 years ago. Not only does it heighten the atmosphere but you also get a slight help with detecting threats.
I only play with headphones now! Can’t stand the noise of my PS4 without them :lol:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I started playing this 2-3 years ago but within the first hour just found myself wandering around bored not knowing what to do. I should give it another go.

Irwin99

I started playing this 2-3 years ago but within the first hour just found myself wandering around bored not knowing what to do. I should give it another go.
That is one of the frustrations about the game for the first time. You will get lost, angry and have a randomly appearing Alien always looking to kill you. On my first play through i found it a weirdly old fashioned game in the sense that it can almost reduce you to tears by how maddeningly lost and stressed you can become as opposed to a lot of newer games that hold your hand a bit more. I grew to love it though, especially on a second play through.

Just get to that save point on the map when anything at all happens, if you think you're being too cautious you're not :D

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
That is one of the frustrations about the game for the first time. You will get lost, angry and have a randomly appearing Alien always looking to kill you. On my first play through i found it a weirdly old fashioned game in the sense that it can almost reduce you to tears by how maddeningly lost and stressed you can become as opposed to a lot of newer games that hold your hand a bit more. I grew to love it though, especially on a second play through.

Just get to that save point on the map when anything at all happens, if you think you're being too cautious you're not :D
This happened with me before after escaping the androids!

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Do it Olly
I'll do it for you Elvis.

Normally I like that feeling of not being told what to do or where to go, but in this it felt like I was so limited with the initial area and because it was really small I couldn't really do any exploring, just walk back and forth. I didn't even get so see Alien :(

I probably wasn't paying enough attention and missed something though, hopefully I'll do better when I try again!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Finished it.

All in all a good game I thought, certainly one of the more scarier and tense games I’ve played. Definitely overly long and the ending was disappointing, was hoping for a final fight with the Alien at least. Not sure I can be bothered with the DLC.

GazTheLegend

Finished it.

All in all a good game I thought, certainly one of the more scarier and tense games I’ve played. Definitely overly long and the ending was disappointing, was hoping for a final fight with the Alien at least. Not sure I can be bothered with the DLC.
Same. I felt like there was a point 50% in where you'd seen all the "game" there was. It didn't really get any harder than the medical level.

Fantastic game and something on my list to play in VR but the ending was extremely weird (probably with a sequel in mind) and I'm not sure I "get it". But as a spiritual sequel to the alien movies it's absolutely incredible.