Alisson Becker | Budding Target Man

the_irish123

I dont think they are players with same level in terms of shot-stopping, i think De Gea is much better in this aspect. It doesn't mean that Alisson is not a great keeper, just that De Gea is exceptional.

In the other hand its not easy to play progressive football if your keeper can not reciclate possession with world class quality. A perfect example of this quality was Ederson against Everton today. The hability to brake the pressure and pass through the lines.
I wish Ederson was the starter for Brazil in World Cup man. He's much more Brazilian, Alisson seems more European and steady, but I prefer the other. Ederson has those explosive saves using his quadriceps strength like Julio Cesar. I'm sure he would have saved the first Belgium goals!

Charles Miller

I wish Ederson was the starter for Brazil in World Cup man. He's much more Brazilian, Alisson seems more European and steady, but I prefer the other. Ederson has those explosive saves using his quadriceps strength like Julio Cesar. I'm sure he would have saved the first Belgium goals!
I wish Fernandinho was Belgian.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Can't believe scousers (I can) and people on here are giving weight to him being as good as De Gea :lol:

There's a lad on my Facebook sharing stats comparison, as if a clean sheet number in a shite team playing their worst football in years is proof of anything.
Save percentages mean shit all as well because it removes context, like most stats.

aman92

Supports
Liverpool
Can't believe scousers (I can) and people on here are giving weight to him being as good as De Gea :lol:

There's a lad on my Facebook sharing stats comparison, as if a clean sheet number in a shite team playing their worst football in years is proof of anything.
Save percentages mean shit all as well because it removes context, like most stats.
Most people are saying he has been better than De Gea this season which isn't absurd at all. In fact it's completely justified considering De Gea's dip in form and Alisson's immediate impact at Liverpool. And it's not just Liverpool fans, even experts like Michael Cox who share the same opinion

Rouge McDuck

Supports
Liverpool

Yeah, when you remove all stats and just judge on what you want to believe, the conclusions are much more palatable.

Alisson might feck up tomorrow, but I still wouldn’t want to swap him for anyone.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah, when you remove all stats and just judge on what you want to believe, the conclusions are much more palatable.

Alisson might feck up tomorrow, but I still wouldn’t want to swap him for anyone.
You're on another planet if you think he's as good. So many people forget to use their brains and eyes with football instead of stats, but it's no surprise a few month into a new keeper that scousers think he's the best in the world.

Rouge McDuck

Supports
Liverpool
You're on another planet if you think he's as good. So many people forget to use their brains and eyes with football instead of stats, but it's no surprise a few month into a new keeper that scousers think he's the best in the world.
He was incredible last season. He has been a revelation this season. He has actually been better than DDG by quite a margin this season. Not only does he have the best save per shot percentage in the league (DDG doesn’t make the top five), but his overall contribution to winning points has been outrageous. That’s not me being blind, it’s just clear. I’m not saying he is better than DDG, I’m saying I wouldn’t swap. DDG is excellent, there’s no doubt about it. But I think Alisson is getting better and better for us.

Holocene

De Gea has been United's best player for 4 seasons. Saving around 15 points a season.

Alisson has been at Liverpool for 6 months and there are Liverpool fans saying he's on De Gea's level.

Absolutely baffling.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
De Gea has been United's best player for 4 seasons. Saving around 15 points a season.

Alisson has been at Liverpool for 6 months and there are Liverpool fans saying he's on De Gea's level.

Absolutely baffling.
Yeah, Alisson only started playing football 6 months ago.

montpelier

Absolutely baffling.
but exactly what you'd expect, :D

montpelier

DDG isn't as perfect as we might want to believe but I've never seen a GK (before he went crap this year) stop so many stone-cold goals on a seemingly routine basis over several seasons.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

Absolutely baffling.
In the 6 months he's been here, he's been better than de gea has been. DDG I imagine has been better in the preceding four years (I've no idea what Alisson was even doing four years ago). That's all.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
De Gea's form dipping a little this season is the only reason there's even a comparison being made. Hes clearly the best keeper around.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah, Alisson only started playing football 6 months ago.
Even these 6 months he's not really been at an elite level. He has no case to be the world's best. Maybe in 3-4 years of proper DDG level showings.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Even these 6 months he's not really been at an elite level. He has no case to be the world's best. Maybe in 3-4 years of proper DDG level showings.
He's been performing at World Class level for a season and a half now. He just continued his Roma form seamlessly to a new team and a new league.
Granted Liverpool fans may get carried away, but the man's kept us in the UCL and has saved us 3/4 games in the league.
Personally. think Currently Him Oblak and Ter Stegen are the best keepers.

The Last Jedaiiii

This is akin to why Neuer in his prime may not have been as successful as Ter Stegen has been. Neuer in his prime was also incredible with his feet, it's just that Ter Stegen is just on a different level to any keeper when it comes to distribution (Neuer ,Alisson and Ederson are the only ones near his level).
Alisson is a better fit for Liverpool as he along with van Dijk have added stability to Liverpool's defence. If Liverpool were to sign someone like Koulibaly to partner van Dijk then the defence is potentially a Van Der Sar-Rio-Vida in the making

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
This is akin to why Neuer in his prime may not have been as successful as Ter Stegen has been. Neuer in his prime was also incredible with his feet, it's just that Ter Stegen is just on a different level to any keeper when it comes to distribution (Neuer ,Alisson and Ederson are the only ones near his level).
Alisson is a better fit for Liverpool as he along with van Dijk have added stability to Liverpool's defence. If Liverpool were to sign someone like Koulibaly to partner van Dijk then the defence is potentially a Van Der Sar-Rio-Vida in the making
What? Neuer won a UCL and World Cup in his prime, Ter Stegen has just won a UCL. Ter Stegen has nothing on Neuer, either from a success point of view or statistics.

Treble

Liverpool fans tend to be obsessed with their stars being the best in the world. The next 'best in the world' players: Robertson, Gomez, Keita, Mane...Untill the bubble go bust.

Alisson, VVD, Salah are excellent players but they should win big trophies or be up there with the best for several seasons before entering the discussion of being the best in their positions.

Neither United nor City would swap their goalies for Alisson. DDG has been the best in England for 4-5 years and Ederson seems better at distributing the ball under pressure, especially at hitting it long and creating chances.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Ter Stegen is a better fit for Barca due to his style of play.
Barcelona won trophies with Pinto. Actual goalkeeping skills will always be far more important than just distribution, can this shite please stop.

Spain won everything with Iker, and he was having problems with hoofing the ball on the pitch, let alone passing to his defenders.

montpelier

Keeper is unlucky for me - I don't know what you want him to do.

Staying on his line probably doesn't help much.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona won trophies with Pinto. Actual goalkeeping skills will always be far more important than just distribution, can this shite please stop.

Spain won everything with Iker, and he was having problems with hoofing the ball on the pitch, let alone passing to his defenders.
Pinto was their second and he was terrible at everything :lol:. They did have Victor Valdes whose shot stopping was erratic, but had great distribution

Neuer and Ter Stegen have the same style, even the same strengths and weaknesses

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
If that ball hit de Gea, would that be the second best save in history of football?

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Best in the history of football. To come out like that for in crucial moment, wow, only few keepers can do that.