Alisson Becker | Budding Target Man

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Alisson was in the top ten last season of mistakes to goals, now he appears to be unstoppable, would part of that not be a more solid foundation at the back and the more resolute midfield that Liverpool have this season.
Really?

Expected goals really don't prove to much, as once again it could be down to the strikers not taking their chances rather than a class save.
Those are post shot charts

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I remember Jens Lehman looking like the GOAT when he was in an unplayable Arsenal defence, I also remember Courtois being incredibly overrated because of Chelseas defence.

He gets incredibly nervy when people press, he has given the ball away quite a lot, kicked it out for a good few throwins, hes even been red-carded through stupididy.

Allison is a good keeper, but he's not as good as people are suggesting. I've seen a lot of routine saves, I've seen a few very good saves that most top keepers make. Take big Virg out of that defence and it would look very different.
Well, he was amazing at Roma, too. Top 4 in the world amazing

_00_deathscar

Supports
Liverpool
I remember Jens Lehman looking like the GOAT when he was in an unplayable Arsenal defence, I also remember Courtois being incredibly overrated because of Chelseas defence.

He gets incredibly nervy when people press, he has given the ball away quite a lot, kicked it out for a good few throwins, hes even been red-carded through stupididy.

Allison is a good keeper, but he's not as good as people are suggesting. I've seen a lot of routine saves, I've seen a few very good saves that most top keepers make. Take big Virg out of that defence and it would look very different.
Liverpool reached a European Cup final with VVD at the back and shat it, because of the goalkeeper.
They bring in Alisson, win the European Cup, go within a point of the league, and (possibly) win the league in his next season (and possibly more).

Yea, ok then..

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ashley Young is playing like Trent AA out in Italy. Inferior league by some distance.
For a goalkeeper? :D

How about the fact he was also the best goalkeeper in the CL? Or the fact his season and a half in england compares well against De Gea's 17/18 season across the board?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Liverpool reached a European Cup final with VVD at the back and shat it, because of the goalkeeper.
They bring in Alisson, win the European Cup, go within a point of the league, and (possibly) win the league in his next season (and possibly more).

Yea, ok then..
Thats only because becker is better than karius. Put kuskczak in goal for Liverpool during that final and he wouldn't make those mistakes either

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Allison is a good keeper, but he's not as good as people are suggesting.
I disagree.

Firstly look at the difference between now and when they had Adrian in, yeah they won every game but they were conceding atleast once usually through some Adrian stupidity.

Secondly people use keepers being behind a great defense like it somehow weakens their argument of being a top keeper but if anything it strengthens it, the strongest attribute in a keeper is one that could do nothing for so long and still be alert, this goes for Alisson and it applies to Courtois too.

Last edited:

Jonno

I disagree.

Firstly look at the difference between now and when they had Adrian in, yeah they won every game but they were conceding atleast once usually through some Adrian stupidity.

Secondly people use keepers being behind a great defense like it somehow weakens their argument of being a top keeper but if anything it strengthens it, the strongest attribute in a keeper is one that could do nothing for so long and still be alert, this goes for Alisson and it applies to Courtois too.
Adrian is a shit keeper, that's why. I genuinely believe most top level keepers could put similar numbers to Alisson. It's the defence, it's complete. It's as complete as United 08, Arsenal 98 and 02, Chelsea 05/06. The keeper, doesn't in reality have all that much to do. The rare moment the striker gets a chance, its a routine save because they've had to bust their gut to get past big Virg.... take him out, Alisson wouldn't look special then.

It's like Van Der Saar. He was a very good keeper, but he was made to look like the GOAT because he had Rio and Vidic in front of him. He was breaking clean sheet records at the time. Now Van Der Saar is a top class goalkeeper, but he wasn't the best in the world at any point of his United career.

Schweigaard

Supports
Liverpool
Adrian is a shit keeper, that's why. I genuinely believe most top level keepers could put similar numbers to Alisson. It's the defence, it's complete. It's as complete as United 08, Arsenal 98 and 02, Chelsea 05/06. The keeper, doesn't in reality have all that much to do. The rare moment the striker gets a chance, its a routine save because they've had to bust their gut to get past big Virg.... take him out, Alisson wouldn't look special then.

It's like Van Der Saar. He was a very good keeper, but he was made to look like the GOAT because he had Rio and Vidic in front of him. He was breaking clean sheet records at the time. Now Van Der Saar is a top class goalkeeper, but he wasn't the best in the world at any point of his United career.
Adrian is alright. Much better than the drivel we've had in the years before. Alisson already looked special before we got him, and he still does. He's the complete package. I agree that having a great defense can help a goalkeeper appear better than he is, but it's not like Alisson would look bad even with a worse defense. He's one of many reasons why our defense improved.

_00_deathscar

Supports
Liverpool

He wasn't far off...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Again, he very much looked special before liverpool

Not that i disagree with the rest of your post

Out of curiosity, which current goalkeepers would you consider as special if Alisson doesn't make the cut?

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma

Tbf, he made that save against Napoli at Anfield last season in the final few minutes whereby had it gone in, Liverpool would've been in the Europa League - he's had a massive impact on them. Combined with VVD and Fabinho, he's completed that spine.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I hope Adrian is feeling less flappy than he was on Tuesday. I still prefer him as a back up compared to Mignolet & Karius.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I hope Adrian is feeling less flappy than he was on Tuesday. I still prefer him as a back up compared to Mignolet & Karius.
Tbh from the outside I think he's been pretty naff for you.

When you won your first eight games despite having him in goal that's when I knew it was all over.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Tbh from the outside I think he's been pretty naff for you.

When you won your first eight games despite having him in goal that's when I knew it was all over.
He's been a mixed bag. Made some great saves and some howlers. I wouldn't class him as trustworthy but he's still better than what we've had recently pre Alisson signing.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He's better than mignolet and that goes a long way.

But yeah, he's only ok as backup really.

Falcow

Wont matter for the return leg. Athletico will hardly make it out of their own half at Anfield.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Liverpool will dominate but Atletico will get 1 or 2 chances. Can’t really afford to concede because Atletico won’t concede 3 imo.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Liverpool will dominate but Atletico will get 1 or 2 chances. Can’t really afford to concede because Atletico won’t concede 3 imo.
Problem is, the back up has shown he's error prone. 1 or 2 chances even ones straight at him are more likely to end up in the back of the net.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Think it's BS. Nothing from the club or any reliable sources.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
One positive - fruit of the loom are doing a special on t-shirts at the moment. You can get both the “Scrap VAR, it’s really unfair” and “Free Alisson from Isolation” tees for £8 delivered. Bargain.
Can I order one Null and Void or is it too last year?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Funny how that talk has gone now that it's a new season, despite more players getting it now.
Yeah no one's interested now. Troy Deeney's family discovered a secret stash of vaccine months ago without telling anyone else.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Out for another week with a hamstring issue. Class keeper but he’s looking like a glass one too picking up these odd injurys every season. Keheller starts in goal over Adrian tonight.