Alisson Becker | Budding Target Man

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The passes to the City players looked intentional :lol: that’s how bad they were

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
He had so many howlers that season (Arsenal, Newcastle, Derby,..) :annoyed:
Him, Blanc, Brown and Silvestre looked like proper clowns at times :mad:
Well Blanc was an Old Man then 35! We signed a 35 year old to replace Stam... Orange was better as a right back I think.
Yeah many howlers, but bring back those days for me... unforgettable.. even our kit looked amazing that year.

Lay

To be fair, United fans at the time thought Barthez was utter wank. Kind of like 'this guy won a World Cup?!'
I think he had one good season here though, not sure if it was before or after the mistakes. So did Blanc

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I think he had one good season here though, not sure if it was before or after the mistakes. So did Blanc
Blanc never had a good season at United. Slow and couldn't handle the pace of the league his first season and crocked much of his second and final season.

Barthez made the PFA team of the year his first season, I think. He was an improvement on Bosnich/Taibi/van der Gouw from the prior year. But it went downhill from there although he did have a handful of top class performances in the 02-03 title win but was dropped towards the end for Roy Carroll, ffs.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
that’s rewriting history. He was excellent in his first season with us, and looked like a long term quality no 1. It then started to fall apart in his second year.
Granted, a lot of good to great keepers would look world class behind the likes of Lizarazu-DeSailly-Blanc-Thuram. But Barthez in the late 90s to early 00s was a very good keeper prone to the occasional gaff.

Lay

I was under the impression Blanc redeemed himself in the second season, probably wasn’t the case then. I know we lost games he played and each teams first letter spelt his surname.

FujiVice

Why cant he pick the ball up? Leicester just launched it from the halfway like and instead of picking it up and retaining position he just booted it back up the pitch to their back four. I think these feckers need to remember they are goalkeepers. Not centre halves.

EDIT: Oh and as I was typing this, they scored from it!

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Can he save a single goal directed at his left hand side? He has enormous trouble with those it seems.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I mean, that was Karius levels of disastrous.

Who was it on here that suggested Allison was one of the best keepers in the world?

No, Liverpool fans don't count 'cos deluded.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Kabak should share the blame with him.
Like hell he should. Alisson can see the entire picture and knows exactly what's happening in front of him. It's his responsibility to tell his CB that he's coming out for the ball. Unless the CB heard him and decided to ignore him for some reason, it's on Alisson. Kabak can't assume that Alisson is gonna be a lunatic.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Like hell he should. Alisson can see the entire picture and knows exactly what's happening in front of him. It's his responsibility to tell his CB that he's coming out for the ball. Unless the CB heard him and decided to ignore him for some reason, it's on Alisson. Kabak can't assume that Alisson is gonna be a lunatic.
Yup. If Alison is coming that far out of his area then he needs to screaming at Kabak to leave it. There's no crowd in the stadium so he would've heard him if a clear call was given.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Without VDK , guy is getting exposed. Think he has always been prone to these kind of brain farts but the defense bailed him out. This is his standard .