ALL issues relating to the bond issue and club finances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plugsy

Can some-one explain one thing to me please.. If we keep our current trajectory how much of a hit would that be when the kit deals are up for renewal in 2015 ? We know Adidas dropped Liverpool for under performing on the clause. Could a similar thing happen to us if unfortunately we're outside Europe for maybe 2 seasons ?

I think if Nike do wish to impose penalties on us then the deal will be very short-term. No chance would the club be tied into a long-term deal that values us as beneath CL standards. A year or two 'top-up' to the current deal (worth more, obviously) would be possible if Nike really concerned, but don't think they willbe.

Mauzindark

I think if Nike do wish to impose penalties on us then the deal will be very short-term. No chance would the club be tied into a long-term deal that values us as beneath CL standards. A year or two 'top-up' to the current deal (worth more, obviously) would be possible if Nike really concerned, but don't think they willbe.
Was thinking the same maybe they'll have an improved 2 year agreement in place and see how it goes before agreeing on a long term deal. Ta.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Was thinking the same maybe they'll have an improved 2 year agreement in place and see how it goes before agreeing on a long term deal. Ta.
Nah.

Never going to happen. Not being in Europe for a year or even two wont affect what nike want. This is the likes of rooney/rvp's face plastered on adverts and bilboards with a big nike swoosh below their face.

Same for cheverolet. The united shirt will still be one of if not the most visible and recognisable sport shirt in the world. It would take a decade at least of mediocrity to affect that.

Which is what has happened to liverpool

FineYoungCasual

Nah.

Never going to happen. Not being in Europe for a year or even two wont affect what nike want. This is the likes of rooney/rvp's face plastered on adverts and bilboards with a big nike swoosh below their face.

Same for cheverolet. The united shirt will still be one of if not the most visible and recognisable sport shirt in the world. It would take a decade at least of mediocrity to affect that.

Which is what has happened to liverpool
I agree that it would take longer than a season but disagree it would take as long as a decade.

Everything moves faster in this day and age, especially regarding the commercial world, which is essentially what we're talking about.

Every season out of the CL is another season in the CL for other teams, with them constantly reaping and investing more money each season.

I think 2 seasons of mediocrity and it'll start to effect the club quite dramatically on a commercial level.

Status
Not open for further replies.