All or Nothing: Arsenal

JuriM

Got to the end of episode 6, really growing onto me. Imo as good as the Manchester City one was.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I don't know, i'm still not sold on him. I know he's getting Brighton higher than what they could usually dream of with their budget but i don't see it. I'd like to see him struggle a bit and given another squad/club like a Leicester/Villa/West Ham before he gets a top 6 club. I also don't like his haircut, massive downgrade from Arteta.
I like Arteta a lot, and unless things crash this season I don’t think Arsenal should sack him. Potter is special though, dunno if he’d be the right choice due to lack of experience at a club of that size but he’s incredible, he’ll end up at a top club

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I like Arteta a lot, and unless things crash this season I don’t think Arsenal should sack him.
If he can't deliver what the management expect of him, he will be sack just like every manager out there. For now he is good. Manager/Head coach in this industry is just as good as his last game.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I like Arteta a lot, and unless things crash this season I don’t think Arsenal should sack him. Potter is special though, dunno if he’d be the right choice due to lack of experience at a club of that size but he’s incredible, he’ll end up at a top club
If he doesn’t make top 4 I think he is gone.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
if top 4 is a prerequisite for head coach in current top 6 to keep their jobs, then 2 clubs out of them will need to get a new head coach every season.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
if top 4 is a prerequisite for head coach in current top 6 to keep their jobs, then 2 clubs out of them will need to get a new head coach every season.
Yeah but none of the others have spent as much as Arteta has over the past 2-3 years combined and none of them have been in the job as long as Arteta has. Tuchel, ETH and Conte have all had less time and less money spent than Arteta.

mu4c_20le

Think he spent 160m this summer alone, missing out on top 4 and no silverware would be awkward.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah but none of the others have spent as much as Arteta has over the past 2-3 years combined.
Other than City, is this really true? Also only transfer net spend should be considered, and not wages? Anyway this is irrelevant as no one know what Josh's expectation on Arteta, and it will be his decision.

CallyRed

I don't hate Arsenal as much after watching this. Though I remember I live amongst their fans and then normality is restored.
I love Arteta's team talks "now lets go fecking win this game"

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
If he can't deliver what the management expect of him, he will be sack just like every manager out there. For now he is good. Manager/Head coach in this industry is just as good as his last game.
Yes and no, there’ll be targets, some will be soft and some will be hard when it comes to reviewing them. He has expectations he’ll have to meet like every other manager. But it’s not a just as good as his last game situation either. 2020 November they were on an awful run, most supporters would have had him sacked during that period but he wasn’t.

I think that should be the target, and I think they will get top 4. But if they don’t, I think the board will take a more holistic view rather than a more binary top 4 or get sacked.

If they play good football, have a strong season performance and miss out on top 4 to 4 good sides I think they’d have to think hard.

Yeah but none of the others have spent as much as Arteta has over the past 2-3 years combined and none of them have been in the job as long as Arteta has. Tuchel, ETH and Conte have all had less time and less money spent than Arteta.
I’m not sure how good the money spent point here is. ETH joined this summer, Conte has been there for half a season. Tuchel has spent plenty.

Couple that with there are 4 clubs that spend significantly more on wages than Arsenal, which is a more pertinent metric, I think it’s a empty point

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Not every season, but making the top four once in three years should be the minimum requirement.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Not every season, but making the top four once in three years should be the minimum requirement.
if Arsenal's wage budget is ranked in top 4, then I would expect the team finished in top 4 every season. Poch couldn't get Spurs punch above its weight every season back then, neither can Leicester as well.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I don't hate Arsenal as much after watching this. Though I remember I live amongst their fans and then normality is restored.
I love Arteta's team talks "now lets go fecking win this game"
Same :lol: I grew up around them, almost my entire circle of friends are Arsenal fans. Every time I soften a little bit and feel sorry for their misfortune over the years, I remember the shit I used to take when I was a kid, when they were good and Chelsea were not.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
OK, I saw that brain/heart drawing and cringed. But the more I've watched it the more I'm liking Arteta. I suspected he'd turn out a good manager and I think that's what we're seeing. Their young players have a high ceiling and if they can sort out those problem positions which seems to be happening (Saliba) and the midfield, they're starting to become a pretty interesting team.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Comes across this on twitter earlier, at first I thought it was one of manipulated videos and he had drawn something else but he actually did draw them. Look at the players faces especially Aubameyang "Like get me the feck out of here come January man, He's drawing the Mr. Men to me" :lol:

What the f did I just see??

frostbite

I'm convinced there's no bigger jinx than making documentaries about sport clubs.

It jinxed City they didn't won the UCL, jinxed the New Orleans Saints, jinxed Juve that couldn't win the league after 9 straight titles and got Knocked out by Porto in the UCL, and the best one is Sunderland til I die. God damn they were supposed to film the teams path back to the premier league and ended up going to League one instead. Can't make it up really.
We need: All or nothing: Liverpool

TheReligion

Abusive
Why? Poster loves having a veiled dig at Arteta and his methods, but he's done what the majority of the Caf wants ETH to do and clear out the deadwood and the egos.
People are allowed to have a negative opinion on him, or something Arsenal related. It’s a forum and you’ll find not everyone agrees with you or will be complimentary about your club.

It’s very childish if your go to response is to go ‘yeah but Man United…’.

It also derails the thread and becomes another Arsenal v United dick measuring contest.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He ain't getting off that easy. Top 4 is the bare minimum for Arteta considering the time he's been there, the spend over the last two seasons in particular and the already inexcusable season he had last year. Perhaps next year the expectation might not be there as you rightly say only 4 can get it.

But THIS year, for Arteta/Arsenal, there are absolutely NO excuses.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The more I watch these 'All or Nothing's, the more I'm convinced that Rangnick never went to any of that trouble during his time here. He didn't know anything about his team. I doubt whether he had any 1:1 chats with any of the players or went through that level of preparation for each game.

No wonder we were so bad. There had to be a reason why we were just so bad. I just can't see him doing any of that stuff.
Wait, what? How can you possibly get any information on Rangnick by watching other team’s dressing room talk? Or is it simply result-related?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Wait, what? How can you possibly get any information on Rangnick by watching other team’s dressing room talk? Or is it simply result-related?
I'm just saying when you see how much preparation these guys put into a game and how the manager interacts with the players, I just can't see him doing any of that stuff. There can't be any other reason for how bad we were under him. He didn't have a clue about the players personally and he just never seemed arsed whenever we lost a game. That's just my opinion.

avgp_1

Watched just the first 4 episodes so far and liked what I saw of Arteta. To be honest he is the only one can really focus on. The show as a whole doesn't feel as good as the Spurs one. There don't seem to be too many interesting characters like Spurs had with Mou, Levy, Alli, Rose, Kane, Lloris, Aurier etc.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
People are allowed to have a negative opinion on him, or something Arsenal related. It’s a forum and you’ll find not everyone agrees with you or will be complimentary about your club.

It’s very childish if your go to response is to go ‘yeah but Man United…’.

It also derails the thread and becomes another Arsenal v United dick measuring contest.
He (and many others) on here obviously have an opinion, and people are allowed to answer in kind. We're on a Utd forum, he's a Utd supporter, so the obvious reply is to compare his point in context of his team.

Everyone of course is allowed to laugh at Arsenal no matter how their team is doing, but don't be surprised when they answer back, as long as its in context with the initial point.

mu4c_20le

Watched just the first 4 episodes so far and liked what I saw of Arteta. To be honest he is the only one can really focus on. The show as a whole doesn't feel as good as the Spurs one. There don't seem to be too many interesting characters like Spurs had with Mou, Levy, Alli, Rose, Kane, Lloris, Aurier etc.
Didn't you enjoy Rob Holding's assessment of the Auba situation?

avgp_1

Didn't you enjoy Rob Holding's assessment of the Auba situation?
Dont think there was enough made out of it tbh. Spurs one had more drama about any one of Eriksen's transfer request, Rose or their Belgian CBs contract situations.

For an outsider I didn't really get any understanding of how it impacted their players apart from that Holding interaction ofcourse

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Mourinho is just a far better main character than Arteta. Levy is more interesting than Edu and Josh Kroenke.
One of the most interesting part last year was Mourinho 1 on 1 with players and him talking about his choices. We barely see that this year and it's replaced by these weird video sessions with Tavares, Ben White and Laca where we don't even hear what the players think.
That's my main issue with this season, players should absolutely be the main characters and for some strange reason they decided to give them no air time.
No interview for Auba.
Pepe being benched should have been one of the main story but we barely see him.
Laca being in the middle of Auba and Arteta's beef could have given us another perspective.
Leno being benched and relegated to a number 2 role could have been another storyline.
Even focusing on Arteta could have been done much better, what was his reaction after his altercation with Klopp, does he regret it ? What players did he want during the January transfer window? what happened when he went to see Kroenke in the US? It's not even addressed.
The only explanation is that Arsenal's PR team had too much control on this season and the fact that Arteta had already experienced it with City is probably a big part of it.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm just saying when you see how much preparation these guys put into a game and how the manager interacts with the players, I just can't see him doing any of that stuff. There can't be any other reason for how bad we were under him. He didn't have a clue about the players personally and he just never seemed arsed whenever we lost a game. That's just my opinion.
But what is it based on?

avgp_1

Mourinho is just a far better main character than Arteta. Levy is more interesting than Edu and Josh Kroenke.
One of the most interesting part last year was Mourinho 1 on 1 with players and him talking about his choices. We barely see that this year and it's replaced by these weird video sessions with Tavares, Ben White and Laca where we don't even hear what the players think.
That's my main issue with this season, players should absolutely be the main characters and for some strange reason they decided to give them no air time.
No interview for Auba.
Pepe being benched should have been one of the main story but we barely see him.
Laca being in the middle of Auba and Arteta's beef could have given us another perspective.
Leno being benched and relegated to a number 2 role could have been another storyline.
Even focusing on Arteta could have been done much better, what was his reaction after his altercation with Klopp, does he regret it ? What players did he want during the January transfer window? what happened when he went to see Kroenke in the US? It's not even addressed.
The only explanation is that Arsenal's PR team had too much control on this season and the fact that Arteta had already experienced it with City is probably a big part of it.
Yep, felt exactly the same

TheReligion

Abusive
He (and many others) on here obviously have an opinion, and people are allowed to answer in kind. We're on a Utd forum, he's a Utd supporter, so the obvious reply is to compare his point in context of his team.

Everyone of course is allowed to laugh at Arsenal no matter how their team is doing, but don't be surprised when they answer back, as long as its in context with the initial point.
Meh not really. It just becomes tedious and childish as I say.

Dansk

I like Arteta a lot, and unless things crash this season I don’t think Arsenal should sack him
It's not as if Arteta has delivered anything impressive, is it? He has yet to finish in the top 4 and the only thing he has won is a single FA Cup, which isn't some monumental achievement for Arsenal who win it every other year these days. He has spent loads of money and there's not much evidence of progress, even if they did finish higher last season than in the previous two, which were miserable 8th place ordeals with him at the helm. I'm not sure why anyone feels optimistic about him. What exactly has he done to deserve patience? If he doesn't qualify for the CL this season, I'm certain that he gets the boot, and I can't see why they would be more likely to do so than in the last three years. What would constitute a "crash" in your book? It seems to me that unless he does far better than he ever has before, he'll be done.

Castia

Enjoying it so far especially the latter episodes because they're starting to fall off

Interesting seeing stuff like Lacazette getting shown clips of Benzema with the coach giving him tips on how to move in the box.

It's hard to dislike Arteta, he comes across well in this.

TheReligion

Abusive
I suppose I need to remember I'm on a rival teams forum so responses that might dig out their own club won't be well received.
I think it’s fine when constructive but yeah if you’re just throwing shade because you don’t like a negative opinion about Arsenal you’ll likely get pulled on it.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I suppose I need to remember I'm on a rival teams forum so responses that might dig out their own club won't be well received.
Just go to the Ten Hag or million Glazer threads if you want. Those things are totally unrelated. Also, no one thinks our club is well run, but it's got nothing to do with opinions about Arteta.