All or Nothing: Arsenal

Traub

Watched just the first 4 episodes so far and liked what I saw of Arteta. To be honest he is the only one can really focus on. The show as a whole doesn't feel as good as the Spurs one. There don't seem to be too many interesting characters like Spurs had with Mou, Levy, Alli, Rose, Kane, Lloris, Aurier etc.
Rose vs Jose was gold. Like two children :lol:

Big Andy

Bloke
Without reading through, do we know why Aubamayang was kicked out and dropped as captain?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
It's not as if Arteta has delivered anything impressive, is it? He has yet to finish in the top 4 and the only thing he has won is a single FA Cup, which isn't some monumental achievement for Arsenal who win it every other year these days. He has spent loads of money and there's not much evidence of progress, even if they did finish higher last season than in the previous two, which were miserable 8th place ordeals with him at the helm. I'm not sure why anyone feels optimistic about him. What exactly has he done to deserve patience? If he doesn't qualify for the CL this season, I'm certain that he gets the boot, and I can't see why they would be more likely to do so than in the last three years. What would constitute a "crash" in your book? It seems to me that unless he does far better than he ever has before, he'll be done.
You don't?

Chief123

They really should have recorded it this season. I think they’ll fly this year. Possibly win the europa league.

Suedesi

Enjoying it so far especially the latter episodes because they're starting to fall off

Interesting seeing stuff like Lacazette getting shown clips of Benzema with the coach giving him tips on how to move in the box.

It's hard to dislike Arteta, he comes across well in this.

Vry bland though, devoid of personality. Like the rest of the team.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Most hopeful thing I’ve read today.
2 of them were against Chelsea and City so kind of expected at least but yeah i'm sure you will avoid relegation just like we did ! Cheer up ;)

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
2 of them were against Chelsea and City so kind of expected at least but yeah i'm sure you will avoid relegation just like we did ! Cheer up ;)
Arteta finished 8th 2 season in a row. Arteta out!

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I agree. Though if you were a gambler, I imagine the odds on offer seem tempting right now.

Lincm

Supports
Arsenal
last season Arsenal lost first 3 games, scored zero and conceded 9 goals. Iet's see if Man Utd can beat that.
United already scored one goal. So they're one up in that area?

Over the season, it's unlikely that Man Utd will get relegated.It was just as ridiculous with the Arsenal relegation claims early last year (because people didn't rate Arteta, they still don't).

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Just go to the Ten Hag or million Glazer threads if you want. Those things are totally unrelated. Also, no one thinks our club is well run, but it's got nothing to do with opinions about Arteta.

I think it’s fine when constructive but yeah if you’re just throwing shade because you don’t like a negative opinion about Arsenal you’ll likely get pulled on it.
I don't like going on rival forums and trolling the home team, I try to be a bit more respectful than that. I don't tend to comment on many Utd specific threads a lot because of that reason and different perceptions of what I might post, that's why i tend to use the Arsenal threads, and try and make Utd comparisons within that.

I don't think what I said was disrespectful, I do genuinely think that in order to make that culture change, a genuine clear out is sometimes needed, because when that 'cancer' sets in, sometimes the only thing to remove it is just to weed it out.

Remember as well, Arteta has no back history in management to fall back on. He needs to establish control, otherwise it will end up just more of the same. If the squad or parts of the squad aren't buying into what the manager is doing, then you really are pissing into the wind.

I think Utd should back Ten Hag to the same extent, otherwise you just change manager and the cycle continues.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
United already scored one goal. So they're one up in that area?
(because people didn't rate Arteta, they still don't).
I will go by point total and goal difference after 3 games. Arsenal's record for zero point and -9 is pretty hard to beat.
I highly doubt anyone in the Arsenal boardroom cares if people like Gary Neville rate Arteta, but there were Arsenal fans want Arteta out last season as well.

Arsenal are just an irrelevant team on the European stage
Arsenal is not in CL for a long time. No argument here.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I will go by point total and goal difference after 3 games. Arsenal's record for zero point and -9 is pretty hard to beat.
I highly doubt anyone in the Arsenal boardroom cares if people like Gary Neville rate Arteta, but there were Arsenal fans want Arteta out last season as well.
They did really well to stick with him, glad to see a club be rewarded for patience.

Bwuk

Could easily see Liverpool taking 4 off us next week to match that.

I've been watching it and Arteta is a bit cringe, but other than that I think the likes of Edu have done a good job at building a young and talented squad, whilst shipping out the older negative influences (Auba).

I do think the pressure will be on Arteta this year to finish top 4 otherwise I think it'd be wise for them to move on from him.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I like Arteta and have a lot of respect for him after watching this show but I still don't really like Arsenal or have a soft spot for them.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I liked the way the club backed Arteta with the whole Auba situation, even though Edu and the other board members sounded like they would have preferred a different solution.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
I quite enjoyed it in the end, obviously not the way the season finished, but hey.

Some of it was a bit cringe, but coming up with new ways of motivating young millionaire footballers must be difficult. What is clear though is Arteta has their respect, and he doesn't feck around if someone is not invested.

I thought Xhaka came out of it really well. He is clearly still the 'captain' - no other player cares like he does.

ShoePolish

Watched it all and was surprised to not hear a single word through the series from Odegaard. Isn't he their captain now?

The whole rub your hands, love each other and create energy bollocks didn't do it for me, even though Arteta seems like a likeable chap.

Dan

It’s a bit boring really, too much Arteta in it and not enough with the players.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

It is very hard to beat Arsenal record last season. 0 point and -9 after first 3 games.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
With Pepe gone now, let's see if Edu can bring in a winger otherwise Saka will burn out pretty quickly.