All or Nothing: Arsenal

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The YouTube comments are bewilderingly positive.
Yes! :lol:

I was going to post some of those in my previous post. But then I wasn't sure if it was sarcasm. There again, I think I'm giving them too much credit.

Fair play. I'm Not sure it worked out but it shows imagination
I don't think the atmosphere at Anfield can ever be replicated on any level. But credit to Mikel for paying attention to that mental aspect.
He's applying reverse psychology on them boys. Credit to Mikel..it shows how much he respects the opponent..COYG, let's make this season ours
"Not sure it worked" got me!

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You do wonder how many managers try little things like this to give them an edge. Each will have their own quirks and ideas, like Tuchel training defenders holding tennis balls to stop shirt pulling, or playing with smaller sized footballs to aid ball control.

Some will be more elaborate than others, and you won't find out about a lot of them, obviously a documentary like this exposes a lot of things.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Do you think it was a good idea to play that song during training as part of preparation for the Anfield game?
I am not a football coach so I don't have an answer for that. The video just showed Arteta tried something different to prep the game for his players. It may work, or may not. I remember i read somewhere that Klopp gave a speech above the movie "Rocky" to his players and tried to inspire them before a final, but none of his players watched the movie.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
One thing that Arteta has done for sure is get the fanbase behind him. This is the most positive I have seen Arsenal fans at the start of a season in more than a decade. Only time will tell how that ends

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
this one is actually a good idea tbf
It’s still cringe as feck. Like every other bit of footage they’ve shown. Plus it’s so mad that he’s being portrayed as being some kind of master at the art of team psychology when we know the mental fragility of his team cost them at the business end of the season, when push came to shove. Maybe he ran out of other employees to give the team talks?

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Comes across this on twitter earlier, at first I thought it was one of manipulated videos and he had drawn something else but he actually did draw them. Look at the players faces especially Aubameyang "Like get me the feck out of here come January man, He's drawing the Mr. Men to me" :lol:

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Jesus fecking christ :lol:

I can't even say anything to add to that. It's just beyond parody - you couldn't pull up a David Brent clip to take the piss because it wouldn't be any better.

I mean... ffs :lol:

mu4c_20le

Comes across this on twitter earlier, at first I thought it was one of manipulated videos and he had drawn something else but he actually did draw them. Look at the players faces especially Aubameyang "Like get me the feck out of here come January man, He's drawing the Mr. Men to me" :lol:

That lady is all of us

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He even did the little laces on their shoes. Mikel is miles better than ETH at Pictionary and you just can't handle it... Sad.

DevilRed

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

this can’t be real life.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I wonder if most of them are just super unimpressive behind the scenes nowadays? That's utter cringe.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Jesus what the feck is this shitshow :lol:

I'm getting tempted to go and watch this.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers

I can't even say anything to add to that. It's just beyond parody - you couldn't pull up a David Brent clip to take the piss because it wouldn't be any better.

Surely that's scripted for the cameras for a bit of a self-deprecating humour?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The YouTube comments are bewilderingly positive.
Arsenal fans are on a high after their transfer window. You mostly find them buzzing on the youtube / other SM comments section. Which is fine as fans are allowed to get excited and be positive if their club has a good window. But a better guage would be during next season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Still haven't seen any of these Amazon behind the scenes documentaries. I just cant imagine investing all that time watching behavior and interactions of other clubs staff. Is it like really well put together or something? Don't get the appeal. I'd watch a United one of course.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Still haven't seen any of these Amazon behind the scenes documentaries. I just cant imagine investing all that time watching behavior and interactions of other clubs staff. Is it like really well put together or something? Don't get the appeal. I'd watch a United one of course.
I caught a glimpse of one episode of the city one, it was an absolute borefest with all the dumb generic shit you could imagine hammed in.

I suppose this one has some meme worthy moments in it so it could be just worth it for that.

iamking

I am a football coach, I try a lot of things with my team which people outside might feel cringey( for Eg: I make them write a dairy about their mistakes in every game). But it works for my team. I see the heart and brain thing as something like that. The Anfield noise thing might sound dumb from the outset, but its not unheard off to train with crowd noises. In one of the coaching camps, they advised this, particularly for younger teams with less experience. It gets them used to practical side of playing in loud intimidating stadiums. Things like player communication, which is taken for granted at training pitch becomes difficult with noise, Concentration while shooting/passing becomes impacted by crowd noise, emotions go out of control etc.. I see where he is coming from. Arsenal is full of 19-21 year old kid, and these kinda things sell well with them. I understand the criticism looking from the outside, but every manager did something with the team that the outside world would think cringey. Klopp does the hugs, the hand-holding at West Brom was outright cringey and the thing with throw-in coaches etc. Pep does this cringey false instructions amidst goals instead of celebration, fake appreciation pats etc., Rodgers did the sealed envelope crap.. it happens.

I like Arteta, the little shite has a set playing style. He has been backed to the hilt, more than any manager in Arsenal's history (including wenger) and he is yet to produce anything close to the amount he has invested in his squad. But he is young, bold and not afraid to try. You would take those over Footballing dinosaurs like Route 1 football Sam Allardyce, Tony Pulis, Sean Dyche etc. Rafael Vander Wart used to say that Harry Redknapp is the best coach he played under because Redknapp had no tactical plans and used to tell the players to just go do their things with full freedom. If you compare to those, Arteta types are welcome additions. He is on borrowed time though, this season will be his judgement day. Going by preseason, I have to say he is onto a good start.

Last edited:

Mike Smalling

:lol:

Never saw that team talk option in FM.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I am not a football coach so I don't have an answer for that.
You have a brain though, no?
:lol: Love Daniel, he's a good lad.

That lady is all of us
:lol: I'm at work and fighting to repress the laughter. It's amazing.

NoLogo

Someone needs to make a version where he has drawn a dickbutt on the flip chart. :D

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I am a football coach, I try a lot of things with my team which people outside might feel cringey( for Eg: I make them write a dairy about their mistakes in every game). But it works for my team. I see the heart and brain thing as something like that. The Anfield noise thing might sound dumb from the outset, but its not unheard off to train with crowd noises. In one of the coaching camps, they advised this, particularly for younger teams with less experience. It gets them used to practical side of playing in loud intimidating stadiums. Things like player communication, which is taken for granted at training pitch becomes difficult with noise, Concentration while shooting/passing becomes impacted by crowd noise, emotions go out of control etc.. I see where he is coming from. Arsenal is full of 19-21 year old kid, and these kinda things sell well with them. I understand the criticism looking from the outside, but every manager did something with the team that the outside world would think cringey. Klopp does the hugs, the hand-holding at West Brom was outright cringey and the thing with throw-in coaches etc. Pep does this cringey false instructions amidst goals instead of celebration, fake appreciation pats etc., Rodgers did the sealed envelope crap.. it happens.

I like Arteta, the little shite has a set playing style. He has been backed to the hilt, more than any manager in Arsenal's history (including wenger) and he is yet to produce anything close to the amount he has invested in his squad. But he is young, bold and not afraid to try. You would take those over Footballing dinosaurs like Route 1 football Sam Allardyce, Tony Pulis, Sean Dyche etc. Rafael Vander Wart used to say that Harry Redknapp is the best coach he played under because Redknapp had no tactical plans and used to tell the players to just go do their things with full freedom. If you compare to those, Arteta types are welcome additions. He is on borrowed time though, this season will be his judgement day. Going by preseason, I have to say he is onto a good start.
Fair points and something I'm sure most people who have played at some level would agree with.

But to then put yourself in front of 10 cameras and have the world see it out of relative context is quite idiotic. These documentaries bring in some welcome monies I'm sure, but you lose the essence and soul of the club even more than the usual branding nonsense, because you're actually monetising the internal processes, something that should remain sacrosanct.

It comes off as twee and silly to most outside watchers, especially opposition supporters (regardless that Tuchel might be making little voodoo dolls of all his players in Season 3).

Not a fan, Jeff. Off with Amazon's heads.

SuperiorXI

He treats his players like kids in a nursery, they won't understand the points unless you draw nice pictures to help them visualise things.

Skills

Snitch
This entire thing is ridiculous. I'd be pissed if I was a player or a coach who had to be put under the spotlight like that for a docuseries.