All Ronaldo fanboys

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Last years mega Ronaldo thread will embarrass some on here.

Nem 7

Now now calm down dear, it's only a player.

Not the time to be fighting each other over a player that wants to go.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Wow....What a pathertic thread Sults...Wanna compare who's dicks bigger?

United > Ronaldo...

But Ronaldo has done wonders for this club and I wish him well. I'll remember him as a great player and possibly even a legend

Shame on you

Sultan

He started questioning the great man.

Brilliant player, amongst the best I've ever seen at Old Trafford.

Thanks for some great memories.

anver

Shart stop
I see an exodus from the Cafe. The site is clogged with Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime wanting out. They are on their way to an RM fan site.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
feck off. Absolutely retarded thread. Calling people fanboys 'cause they want our best player to stay?

I'll miss ya Ronnie. You're one of the best players the club has ever had. That said, no one is bigger than the club.

Hopefully, though, you have a nervous breakdown and feck up that joke of a club that is Madrid.

Crustanoid

Sultan is right

Ronaldo's influence on United is over-hyped anyway. It's not as if we'll suddenly be shit without him.

Longsden_7

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

wonder how many people are saying

"i wanted him to go anyway" with a tear, just one tear in their eye.

Member 5225

Follow the club...
oh okay so it's either support the club OR appreciate a player's footballing ability....stop pretending it isnt a loss for our club

we shall move on, no doubt, but for the first hour FFS it's a bit of a shock to see it actually happen....no need for the patronising thread

edmundo

feck off. Absolutely retarded thread. Calling people fanboys 'cause they want our best player to stay?

I'll miss ya Ronnie. You're one of the best players the club has ever had. That said, no one is bigger than the club.

Hopefully, though, you have a nervous breakdown and feck up that joke of a club that is Madrid.
Agree 100%. The lad was a genius, it's just a pity we didn't get to see him in his prime. I'll miss him big time but no player is bigger than the club so I guess we'll just have to move on.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Please follow him to Real Madrid.
The lad has delivered so many trophies to our club over the past few years and you criticise those fans who appreciate that. None of the fans I have spoken to have ever said he is bigger than the club and to comment that they should now go and follow Real Madrid is just bloody stupid, naive and ungrateful for the services of one of the worlds greatest ever player.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I can see where Sultan is coming from actually.

There is definitely a certain type of new breed United supporter (and a lot on this board) who get so wrapped up in their support of individual players that they forget about the bigger picture and the fact that the rest of us only care about the club. Ronaldo, more than any other player I can think of, attracts these people in hordes.

If Ronaldo's departure means a proportion of these people lose interest in United and/or Redcafe then I think that's a very healthy cull.

I was gutted when Beckham left. Ruud too. For some reason the departure of Ronaldo doesn't bother me anywhere near as much. No more will he/won't he flirting with Madrid, no more cringe-making tantrums on the pitch and no more pointless BPITW arguments on this place (well, a lot less, anyway)

He's a cracking player and I've enjoyed watching him play for United but he comes across as a bit of a cock on the pitch, has legions of rather irritating fans and I'm considerably less bothered about his departure than I thought I would be. Legend my arse.

Sultan

oh okay so it's either support the club OR appreciate a player's footballing ability....stop pretending it isnt a loss for our club

we shall move on, no doubt, but for the first hour FFS it's a bit of a shock to see it actually happen....no need for the patronising thread
As much as I loved watching Ronaldo play the bigger picture is the club.

Plan M

There is definitely a certain type of new breed United supporter (and a lot on this board) who get so wrapped up in their support of individual players that they forget about the bigger picture and the fact that the rest of us only care about the club. Ronaldo, more than any other player I can think of, attracts these people in hordes.

If Ronaldo's departure means a proportion of these people lose interest in United and/or Redcafe then I think that's a very healthy cull.

I was gutted when Beckham left. Ruud too. For some reason the departure of Ronaldo doesn't bother me anywhere near as much. No more will he/won't he flirting with Madrid, no more cringe-making tantrums on the pitch and no more pointless BPITW arguments on this place (well, a lot less, anyway)

He's a cracking player and I've enjoyed watching him play for United but he comes across as a bit of a cock on the pitch, has legions of rather irritating fans and I'm considerably less bothered about his departure than I thought I would be. Legend my arse.
Good post mate, I agree.

Sultan

Courtesy of a Newbie called "TopRed"

Held up at Albania v Portugal

Cal?

CR7 fan
I have no doubt that quite a few of his super fans will join him at madrid. Cal? etc
feck off, just because he was my favourite United player for the past few seasons doesn't mean I like him more than United. :mad:

I hope he shows in La Liga he's better than Messi.

HsJ

Well, I think that many United fans realised he was a special player, who offered a lot to us in his time here. He was great for us, ever since he arrived. But now he's gone, we as fans must accept that life goes on, much like the disapointment I felt when Ruud/Beckham/Veron left. (and yes I said Veron).

No need to slate the lad is there. Just respect what he has done for the club, 6 years here is quite a long time for any player.

United will move on, as we always do after losing great players.

Cal?

CR7 fan

You just dislike Ronaldo. Ronaldo was more important to us than Beckham or Van Nistelrooy ever were.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think Becks and Ronnie were both victims of the legion of muppets who climbed aboard the United wagon and in so doing turned a good number of long standing Reds sour on both players; when infact they were both fantastic. The debate shouldn't be player vs club or United > Player, but rather a realistic assessment as to how we are going to recover from losing a player without whom we would still be sitting on 15/2 rather than 18/3.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Completely agree with the main sentiments of the OP. Fact of the matter is there are some fans on here who follow the "Ronaldo and Trophies > Manchester United" quite a bit. Those fans are a like a plague and often fail to see reason on their favourite player.

Ronaldo in essence was one of the greatest players to have played for the club but also the one who has caused me the most embarrasment. His cringe-worthy behaviour on the pitch made it increasingly difficult to criticise a player from a different club seeing as we often had the worst culprit on our own pitch. The fact that the team was also built round him is another thing I will not miss. So goodbye to Ronaldo and his many followers on here I hope.

HsJ

I think a lot of fans always tried to see the good in the player rather than slate him. I think we do it with other players too.

We have to stick up for our players, because if we don't, who will? Its what makes us the greatest supporters in the world.

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the

Good post.

As good as Ronaldo is he is still the most petulant and egotistical player i think i've ever seen. Also since when did any player who clearly didnt want to play for United be called a legend?

Great player but you are right, he is no legend.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You just dislike Ronaldo. Ronaldo was more important to us than Beckham or Van Nistelrooy ever were.
Exactly the type of person I'm thinking about.

People who assume that other posters "like" or "dislike" players. What the feck is all that about? Why can't people get theire head around United fans who couldn't give a shit about individuals and only "like" the club.

I don't like or dislike any members of our squad. I think some of them attract undue criticism, others get their overall contribution over-rated. Some make me proud watching them play, others make me cringe (thankfully the former happens much more often than the later).

None of them are bigger than the club and I'll be supporting United long after all of them have hung up their boots. Chances are the same can't be said for a proportion of the members of redcafe. Oh well. No great loss.