ALL Ronaldo's future/comments/speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabasco Sauce

6814 miles from the centre of the universe...
ok ok, i know there was a separate thread and i apologise to the thread police in advance for making a new one but I think this is important enough for all of us fans to understand....Classic case of media BS and selective hearing from the tabloids...

TV interview with BBC after the match and celebrations on the pitch
BBC TV presenter : Are you going to stay at Man United or are the rumours about you going to Real Madrid, are they true?
CR : I stay.

Radio interview with BBC after the match and celebrations on the pitch but before the TV interview

BBC Radio interviewer: Winning the Champions league..(muttering...).
CR : Of course, you know, this club has the opportunity to win everything. We show this season we are a great team, we are the best team in Europe, in the Premier league and next season we try to do the same again

Interviewer: Can you assure Manchester United supporters that you will be here next season?
CR : Say again?

Interviewer: Can you assure...you know, can you promise Manchester United supporters that you will be with them next season?

CR (laughing): I never promise nothing. I dont promise nothing to my mum...I dont promise nothing to the supporters

Interviewer: But, but, when you say I want...
CR (cutting off the interviewer): I want to stay, i want to stay, really...Its OK, i want to stay. But the future no one knows, but I want to stay.

Interviewer : But does there have to be a new contract or something like that?
CR : I dont know nothing..Nobody speak with me...eh...We are going to see next two weeks, OK?

Interviewer: But when you say, "I will make a decision"....i mean...that means that?
CR (cutting off the interviewer): I dont say " I will make a decision..I dont say...I dont say that...Its the the club take the decision... I dont know...I think...I dont know...

SirAF

Ageist
Thank you for posting this, as united. 7 said, context is everything.

Snake Doctor

"It's the club that takes the decision" (last sentence)

Does this mean they're thinking about letting him go?

NYC Red

Ronaldo's Future after Last Night

Last night's events make it:
a) more likely Ronaldo will stay,
b) less likely Ronaldo will stay or
c) doesn't effect it either way

Discuss.

I personally felt that if we had lost because Ronaldo had missed his penalty, he'd be off. Glad as feck that scenario didn't have a chance to play out.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
Also, on ITV right after the final penalty their on-pitch reporter got hold of Ronaldo.
Reporter: "Surely you can't leave this club after that?"
Ronaldo: "No, I will be staying"

That seems pretty clear.

jim

In most joy
I thought the reverse.

If he knew that the only reason he hadn't got a Champions League title to his name was because he missed a penalty, and it was entirely his fault, he would owe something to United to try again.

Irrespective of that, we've proved that we are one of the top clubs in Europe. With Madrid's consistent failures in the Champions League over the past few seasons I don't see him being tempted somehow.

NYC Red

i hear what you are saying, but i felt like he would have taken the easier path. Its easier to leave and have a fresh start then stick around and take a lot of stick for being the one who cost us the big one. The media and opposing clubs would have been brutal.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
To be honest, just now I couldn't care less.

Because we are Champions of England. And Europe :D

DaSPOT

on his face is caused by puberty
He said irrevocably live on TV to Gabriel Clarkes face, "I'll stay...I'll stay".
when i read that in another thread, it sounded to me like he made his mind up that he was leaving for real this summer.

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
Either way he can say the same things.

I leave because i have won everything with United.

If United lost he says, I leave because we did not win and i want to win.

Basically he is at the right place, does he want the lifestyle of Madrid and the suntan that comes with it or does he want to become a legend.

On footballing reasons he should stay but i suspect he fancys a bit more glamour.

Kaos

I dont think he fancies a move to Madrid because of their success - theyve actually been hugely underachieving in the last couple of years and we're miles ahead of them.

Its just that he fancies playing in Spain, and no one can stop that really.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
"no, i'm staying" - Ronaldo after being asked if he will be here next season.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I fecking hate the media. Why do they keep asking him the same questions?

It's as if they're trying to bully him into saying he wont stay.

Rahul

Its fecking remarkable that we win the CL and you hear more reports abour Ronaldo's future then about our actual CL win.

He should really stop playing around with the club and just say what he wants.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Take a look at this from before the final. Right at the end - the reporter keeps nagging. Ron's doing his "happy here" "it's home" "the future only God knows" thing.

The interviewer jumps on the only God knows remark and follows it with, "And your agent?" at which point Ron starts laughing and then finally says - "I'll stay here in the club."

I think it's a point in his career when he's really got a choice - almost certainly nothing to lose financially by staying or going, family (and maybe friends) pulling him one way and football pulling him a differerent one. For the moment the football is in control and that's why I can't see him leaving - he wants to know how good it can get.

That said - we hear it all the time when people talk about great players - "he didn't just do it for X, he did it for Y as well" or "he dragged them from mediocre to champions". One day that kind of football challenge, coupled to the cultural attractions may change his mind. When? As Ron says - God knows!

kundalini

Real can't afford him right now. The club could demand 50m at minimum. I think he sticks around through the World Cup and then he's off probably.
Sounds about right. He needs to wind down his contract so it perhaps has 2 years left, then he is in a position to pressure United to sell. Right now with 4 years on his contract he just doesn't have the leverage. All United need to say is that he isn't available. The likes of Zidane, Ronaldo and Beckham were sold for vast amounts because the selling club were prepared to let them go. Clearly that isn't the case with us.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Real could easily afford 50m. Maybe even a lot more.

I dont think he will leave as long as Fergie is around.
Real are in a financial crunch right now. At least that's been rumored on the web and elsewhere. I suppose the gov't will buy/lease some property so Real could pay xx million for Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.