All ticket/travel information thread - 2016/17 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Anyone tried to move their season tickets about for next year? Are the club entertaining moves at this point or refusing to engage, given the mandatory reallocation for some?

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Anyone tried to move their season tickets about for next year? Are the club entertaining moves at this point or refusing to engage, given the mandatory reallocation for some?
I tried. They flat out said 'we're not doing any moves for the next couple of seasons as we're working on the new changes in the stadium'. If you're on the Stretty you wana switch with me? :)

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I tried. They flat out said 'we're not doing any moves for the next couple of seasons as we're working on the new changes in the stadium'. If you're on the Stretty you wana switch with me? :)
I just want to move to a slightly better seat in the same stand - but good try!

I won't bother calling then.

KristoferK

not being sarky here but if you look at the stadium maps online we are on the right hand side as you look at it. Don't know whether thats NSE or W. We are in blocks 202, 302 - a stadium map will show you which end
Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm at the other end but feck it; I'm going to the Europa League final!

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Pair of Southampton away available for £20 a piece.

Would prefer to sell to someone who could help with aways in future but PM me anyway if you're interested.

Edit: @MkPaul I think I owe you a favour if you want them.
You do indeed ;)

Sorry mate, I already had tickets for the Southampton game. I think you have my # so text me in future and i'll reply much quicker!

Jordi

It pains me to have to do this but I have two tickets for Wednesday and haven't been able to find an affordable route to Stockholm. If you can get there or already have flights and accommodation but no ticket send me a DM.

*Tickets have been taken*

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It's sad how many people cannot get there without throwing serious money at the problem. There's apparently been thousands of tickets returned and I know someone who bought two tickets for the final for £80 at Old Trafford yesterday.

EverReddy

A friend who is joining us this week organised his travel a couple of days ago. Flight to Oslo then a 5 hour train journey. Return less than £200. It can be done.

OJKernow

Was lucky enough to get two tickets in the open ballot held by Uefa, was still the 1/4 stage of the competition at the time but went for it. So excited for it now.

Having not been to a major final before, I wondered what the more experienced European travellers thoughts were on:

• Wearing United colours in the neutral section of the stadium
  • Do we know what end/section of the ground is allocated for United? Would be great if our seats are close by
  • Will we be able to access the Man Utd fan zone on the day of the match? Or is access to the fan zones limited to those with tickets in the relevant sections of the ground, leaving us with the 'neutral zone'
Any other advice for both keeping safe, and making the most of the trip?

On travel, because we were lucky enough to get the tickets a couple of months ago, we decided that we would go to the final regardless of who ended up playing, and make a few days of it, so were able to get cheap flights and accommodation at the time.

Thanks all.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
It pains me to have to do this but I have two tickets for Wednesday and haven't been able to find an affordable route to Stockholm. If you can get there or already have flights and accommodation but no ticket send me a DM.
Not sure if it helps, but I'm flying to Gothenburg then catching the 3/4 hour train to Stockholm.

Tried going directly to Stockholm but the prices this late on are ridiculous as I'm sure you'll know.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
It's sad how many people cannot get there without throwing serious money at the problem. There's apparently been thousands of tickets returned and I know someone who bought two tickets for the final for £80 at Old Trafford yesterday.
You definite on that about loads of returns? If so I will be buying one in the next hour.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
You definite on that about loads of returns? If so I will be buying one in the next hour.
Not definite, but going off what has been reported anecdotally both here and talking to those who are generally savvy on getting away tickets.

Would be surprised if there was still more available now.

Cee90

I emailed them about a week ago when I heard about the returns, they got back to me saying:

"Thank you for your email.

We did received a very small allocation of tickets for the game that had been returned to us but these have now been sold. These tickets were allocated by outbound call only to supporters who were originally not eligible to apply.

The supporters contacted were Season Ticket holders who have purchased 11 of 12 home cup games and applied for at least 1 European away game this season and so on, in order of the most home games purchased and European away games applied for.

If we receive any further returned allocation of tickets then we will only communicate out to supporters who have applied for at least 1 European away game this season via an outbound basis.

If you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to get back in contact with ourselves or by calling the ticket office on 0161 868 8000 and select option 1 followed by option 3 on the telephone options."

Still might be worth giving them a call though.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I emailed them about a week ago when I heard about the returns, they got back to me saying:

"Thank you for your email.

We did received a very small allocation of tickets for the game that had been returned to us but these have now been sold. These tickets were allocated by outbound call only to supporters who were originally not eligible to apply.

The supporters contacted were Season Ticket holders who have purchased 11 of 12 home cup games and applied for at least 1 European away game this season and so on, in order of the most home games purchased and European away games applied for.

If we receive any further returned allocation of tickets then we will only communicate out to supporters who have applied for at least 1 European away game this season via an outbound basis.

If you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to get back in contact with ourselves or by calling the ticket office on 0161 868 8000 and select option 1 followed by option 3 on the telephone options."
Nice one, so not 'thousands of returns' then :lol:

Cee90

Nice one, so not 'thousands of returns' then :lol:
I'm sure that there have been a few (hundred or so) in the last week simply because people are not interested in forking out for travel.

Nothing to lose by giving them a call though mate just to be sure.

Jordi

I'm sure that there have been a few (hundred or so) in the last week simply because people are not interested in forking out for travel.

Nothing to lose by giving them a call though mate just to be sure.

I rang the club over the weekend offering to give my tickets back and they said they couldn't take them back at that stage... thought that was quite poor form. If people can't return to the club surely it would encourage people to tout the tickets as I saw many people doing online.

Jordi

Not sure if it helps, but I'm flying to Gothenburg then catching the 3/4 hour train to Stockholm.

Tried going directly to Stockholm but the prices this late on are ridiculous as I'm sure you'll know.
Appreciate it pal but no joy. Flights to GOT from Dublin are just under 600 and there is no train that would get me back for the return flight. I feel like I have literally looked at every possible option. Had hoped to find a route by flying into UK airport and getting connecting flights but now flights back to Dublin from U.K. On the 25th are €300. Absolute joke.

Wythenshawe

I get myself in line for possible spares for Wednesday. Will obviously be able to pick up from now on to 1 hour before kick off since I currently live in Stockholm. Bonus: I'll show the best hideaways and I'll get you pissed for free.

KristoferK

Was lucky enough to get two tickets in the open ballot held by Uefa, was still the 1/4 stage of the competition at the time but went for it. So excited for it now.

Having not been to a major final before, I wondered what the more experienced European travellers thoughts were on:

• Wearing United colours in the neutral section of the stadium
  • Do we know what end/section of the ground is allocated for United? Would be great if our seats are close by
  • Will we be able to access the Man Utd fan zone on the day of the match? Or is access to the fan zones limited to those with tickets in the relevant sections of the ground, leaving us with the 'neutral zone'
Any other advice for both keeping safe, and making the most of the trip?

On travel, because we were lucky enough to get the tickets a couple of months ago, we decided that we would go to the final regardless of who ended up playing, and make a few days of it, so were able to get cheap flights and accommodation at the time.

Thanks all.
Would like to know more about this as well, I will be in a neutral zone close to the Ajax fans.

SocccerNomics

Would like to know more about this as well, I will be in a neutral zone close to the Ajax fans.
On the Man Utd fan zone - I've seen nothing to suggest the area is restricted to fans with tickets for the specific United section of the stadium (or indeed a ticket at all).

On visibly being a United fan in the neutral section - Unless the ticket expressly says 'no club colours' (like Club Wembley) I don't imagine there will be a problem. Of course you could be unlucky and surrounded by Ajax fans.

KristoferK

On the Man Utd fan zone - I've seen nothing to suggest the area is restricted to fans with tickets for the specific United section of the stadium (or indeed a ticket at all).

On visibly being a United fan in the neutral section - Unless the ticket expressly says 'no club colours' (like Club Wembley) I don't imagine there will be a problem. Of course you could be unlucky and surrounded by Ajax fans.
All right, thanks! Do you know where these fan zones are located or where I can find information about that?

robinrooney

All right, thanks! Do you know where these fan zones are located or where I can find information about that?
A dedicated MUFC pedestrianised fan area will be at Rörstrandsgatan in the centre of Stockholm, where there will be a number of bars and restaurants available just to Manchester United supporters. We advise you to remain in this area on Wednesday.

Ready2Rumble

A dedicated MUFC pedestrianised fan area will be at Rörstrandsgatan in the centre of Stockholm, where there will be a number of bars and restaurants available just to Manchester United supporters. We advise you to remain in this area on Wednesday.
Do you think we would be able to get into this with a neutral ticket?

KristoferK

is this area only for fans who bought tickets through the club?

Cee90

From the .Gov website:

Manchester United Fan Zone
The Manchester United Fan Zone will be located at Rörstrandsgatan. The zone will be open from Wednesday lunchtime until the match starts. The best way to get to Friends Arena from the Fan Zone is by commuter train from Karlberg station. You should be aware that drinking alcohol in public places is forbidden in Sweden at all times. You will be allowed to drink alcohol inside the Fan Zone, but not outside.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uefa-league-final-in-stockholm-sweden-travel-advice