All ticket/travel information thread - 2016/17 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

FraserP1

Has there been any additional announcement regarding qualification for Community Shield tickets? The details that I have seen so far, suggest we are getting 27K tickets but only this qualification:-

Applications for Season Ticket holders and Executive Club Members, and those supporters with accessible seating requirements will open at 8am,
Friday 1st July

If this is the case, we are talking of 50k+ supporters being able to apply for 27k tickets, a far worse % than was presented for the FA Cup games at Wembley. That was difficult enough without paying over the odds.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wouldn't have thought charity shield tickets will be anywhere near the demand of the FA Cup games to be honest.
Lot of expense for the northern based to come down for a glorified friendly, even with the new regime excitement.

Well, am hoping so anyway!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Wouldn't have thought charity shield tickets will be anywhere near the demand of the FA Cup games to be honest.
Lot of expense for the northern based to come down for a glorified friendly, even with the new regime excitement.

Well, am hoping so anyway!
it definitely wont have the demand of the cup final - thats why there is no mention of credits or anything like that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Think tv fixtures were out on the equivalent to this week's Friday last year...
see if that happens again

Doogie

Not sure if this is the right place as it is the United section of the forum but if anyone has 2 spares for Iceland v France please let me know

faipdeooiad

Supports
Mata For Powell
Email received yesterday:

Further to the FA Cup Final win in May we will play Leicester City in the Community Shield on Sunday 7th August. We will receive an allocation of around 27,000 tickets which are priced £20, £25, £35 and £45 at the West side of Wembley (a £10 discount will apply to concessionary Season Ticket holders).

Applications will open for all Season Ticket holders and Executive Club Members from 8am Friday 1st July until 8am Thursday 7th July. The ballot will begin immediately after applications close and will be finalised by Monday 11th July. If we are oversubscribed, priority will be given to supporters who purchased all 10 home cup games in 2015/16, in descending order.
Full application information, including a seating plan is available at manutd.com/ticketnews.

We have received requests directly from supporters and via fan groups including M.U.S.T, the Fans' Forum and J Stand reps, to support an initiative to encourage vocal fans to come together and create more of an atmosphere at Wembley for this game. You will be asked during your application if you would like to be seated in a vocal/singing area. The best location for this has been identified as behind the goal, between rows 6 & 30 of blocks 130-137. All tickets in this section will be in category 2 which is £35 for adults (the £10 discount mentioned above will apply for concessionary Season Ticket holders).

We only advise supporters who wish to be part of this atmospheric and noisy area to apply for these tickets, and those supporters who specifically wish to remain seated throughout the game should not apply for tickets in this vocal/singing price band.

Please see here for some important points to note regarding applications for, and collection of, domestic away match tickets that will be in place during the 2016/17 season. These policy reminders/updates are designed to ensure that away match tickets are used by the supporters they are allocated to, and are intended to help the Club maximise the allocation of tickets we receive for away games.

We hope you are looking forward to what should be an exciting season, starting with this game at Wembley.

Regards

Sam Kelleher
Head of Ticketing & Membership Operations

This is being seen as a domestic away game, so the new rules are applicable

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Interesting. I'm a new season ticket holder and did not receive this e-mail.

As I understand it, it makes no difference whether I apply for CS tickets either now or the night before the deadline.

Werder Herzog

Got tickets for Burnley at home- my eldest son's first game. Cannot wait. Thought i'd take him to a game we are likely to win, plus i couldn't get Southampton or Leicester tickets.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

As I understand it, it makes no difference whether I apply for CS tickets either now or the night before the deadline.
Check your junk mail, I got it a few days ago. Just sent my application in so fingers crossed.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Will have two tickets available for the first home game this season as will be travelling....first come first serve :)

Edit: Sold for now...

Last edited:

Sylar

Anybody else having trouble with the "Buy Tickets" section of the website?

LilWayneHQ

Me neither. I purchased my first ever season ticket at the end of May and I've been getting a few e-mails from MUFC like when the fixtures were announced, I got the e-mail about purchasing tickets for certain games... but didn't get this Community Shield mail.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Hi!

Anybody got any clues for getting tickets to the Leicester home game in september?

And what do you reckon I'll need to fork out for them?

Mark McMaw

Looking for two tickets together for burnley at home at the end of October if anyone's got any spare. Just out of interest how do people usually go about getting tickets off other forum members??

FraserP1

LilWayneHQ

From the main Manchester United menu.
Select :- Tickets and Hospitality
Buy Tickets

This will take you to the following site:-
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/muticketsandmembership/

Log in with your registered email address and it will allow you to select Match Tickets
When I click on "Find Tickets" next to the Community Shield game, I get sent to a page that says this:

Home match applications are accepted from Official Members. Official Members can apply for one ticket per membership. To purchase Official Membership and apply for tickets please call 0161 868 8000.

Away match applications are accepted from qualifying Season Ticket holders. If you need any assistance please call 0161 868 8000.
So I'm guessing you can't do it online?

When I click on "Find Tickets" next to the Community Shield game, I get sent to a page that says this:

You need to log-in mate.

First on the home page, and then again on the ticketing page by confirming your surname.

Bloody technophobe ;), we should an "applications for dummies" thread.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
anyone know when sky and BT will be announcing their live games?

Trying to book the Leicester game become impossible if it becomes a Monday night game

Bosws87

I've got the same problem, its the online site for tickets its awful best bet is to apply via phone and then explain your having an issue with the online site not letting you apply.

Ever since i moved my seat for the season coming up i'm having the same issue i just haven't got round to getting it fixed!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
anyone know when sky and BT will be announcing their live games?

Trying to book the Leicester game become impossible if it becomes a Monday night game
Take so long don't they. I'm sure last year it was the equivalent to Friday just gone, so will now presume it's THIS Friday.

This year I'm hoping to finally combine my league 2 local boys playing away midlands/north west with a United sunday game. The Europa helps that, if nothing else.

Southampton is the game I really hope is a sunday though, as my boys are at Blackpool on the Saturday!

Alonzo

Looking to buy a few tickets to Southampton match that won't require me selling a kidney

LilWayneHQ

I've got the same problem, its the online site for tickets its awful best bet is to apply via phone and then explain your having an issue with the online site not letting you apply.

Ever since i moved my seat for the season coming up i'm having the same issue i just haven't got round to getting it fixed!
Yeah it looks like I'm gonna have to ring up, I just hate waiting so long before I can speak to someone :(

saivet

No idea what the demand is like, but interested in getting 3 tickets for the Community Shield. If anyone can help, would be much appreciated.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
How's everyone treating away applications this year then? Only apply if the holder can/wants to go?

I do feel it's a STH's prerogative to apply for any away game they want to, given they have the status and pay the money to be allowed - in my opinion, it should be up to them if they want to give the ticket to a mate or swap it for another away.

Even though I understand the argument that it's not technically allowed or fair on those who miss out but at the end of the day it's a random ballot.

ZupZup

How's everyone treating away applications this year then? Only apply if the holder can/wants to go?

I do feel it's a STH's prerogative to apply for any away game they want to, given they have the status and pay the money to be allowed - in my opinion, it should be up to them if they want to give the ticket to a mate or swap it for another away.

Even though I understand the argument that it's not technically allowed or fair on those who miss out but at the end of the day it's a random ballot.

I'm just applying for the ones I know I can attend... I haven't put in an application for Bournemouth as I'm out of the country (not that I'd get one anyway as the allocation is tiny). I've applied for Hull.

I don't think STH's should be able to pass on away tickets because the system is abused 10 times more than genuine cases where someone applies and suddenly finds out they can't make a match for whatever reason. You can say it's a random ballot but it's not really a fair ballot when you have people who will put in 10 applications using different ST's just to land one ticket... and unfortunately that's what happens on a huge scale.

There are plenty of fans who who regularly get tickets to away matches that don't have season tickets themselves.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
I'm just applying for the ones I know I can attend... I haven't put in an application for Bournemouth as I'm out of the country (not that I'd get one anyway as the allocation is tiny). I've applied for Hull.

I don't think STH's should be able to pass on away tickets because the system is abused 10 times more than genuine cases where someone applies and suddenly finds out they can't make a match for whatever reason. You can say it's a random ballot but it's not really a fair ballot when you have people who will put in 10 applications using different ST's just to land one ticket... and unfortunately that's what happens on a huge scale.

There are plenty of fans who who regularly get tickets to away matches that don't have season tickets themselves.
You can call it abuse of the system but if there are 10 eligible season tickets to apply with, each of them deserve a name in the hat regardless of who uses the ticket IMO as it's what you pay the money for but each to their own.

ZupZup

You can call it abuse of the system but if there are 10 eligible season tickets to apply with, each of them deserve a name in the hat regardless of who uses the ticket IMO as it's what you pay the money for but each to their own.
But why are people going into the hat when then have zero intention of going to the match? That is abusing the system... the whole point is that eligible ST holders are able to apply for away tickets for matches that they themselves want to attend. That is what they pay their money for. The tickets are not sold to be transferable.