All ticket/travel information thread - 2017/18 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

GlasgowRedz

I have a single ticket going in the NW quadrant for the Leicester game on the 26th of August.

PM for details.

daveoliver91

Hi guys,

Looking for 2 tickets for the home game vs Leicster on the 26th.
Anyone got a couple of spare tickets?

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Hi Guys,

A buddy and I are headed across the pond to London for a week in mid-September. Wanted to make my first trip to OT for the Everton game. Anyone know of a reliable way to get tickets? Don't mind paying more, just don't want to get screwed. Been looking at a bunch of different sites (footballticketnet.com, stubhub, ticketgum, viagogo, livefootballtickets.com), but tickets seem to be on the expensive side and not sure which site I can trust. Any info would be much appreciated!

JohnnyKills

Alright folks, got a query.

I want to apply for away tickets this year as I live in London, but am told the only way to get them is with a season ticket. My dad still lives near OT and has a season ticket, but they say the tickets have to be for him - if he's caught buying them for someone else he could lose the season ticket.

Is there any way of getting round this? Seems ridiculous!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Security update from United. It's gone out by email but I'll post it here for people who borrow tickets from members or who don't read their emails.

-----------

Dear Supporter

Manchester United takes the safety of our supporters extremely seriously. Working in partnership with Greater Manchester Police, we've reviewed our security procedures since recent events in Manchester, London and Paris and have made a couple of important changes to help ensure the safety of all supporters, visitors and staff at Old Trafford.

These include enhancing our searches of supporters at the turnstiles. This means that searches may take longer and as a result it is likely that queues will also be longer this season, however we will do all we can to keep things moving. We are also restricting the size of bags allowed.

Because of the above changes, and due to major roadworks around the stadium, we recommend the following so that you are able to get into the stadium before kick-off:

• Arrive at Old Trafford and get to your turnstile at least an hour before the start of the match (turnstiles will still open 2 hours before kick-off)
  • Do not bring a bag larger than 20cm x 15cm x 5cm (8" x 6" x 2") with you to the match; this equates to a small handbag
All bags will be searched and items larger than the size criteria must be left at one of the 'Bag Drop' facilities, which are located near the ticket office (N1 car park) and in E2 car park. Bringing a bag will further delay your entry to the stadium (and will delay your departure after the game if you have to use a 'Bag Drop') and we therefore encourage you not to bring any bags or prohibited items to the stadium (if you have to bring a bag, we recommend you arrive at least 2 hours before kick-off).

Please do not be alarmed by the extra security measures (which will be in place for every match from now on), they are to ensure your time at Old Trafford is as safe as possible. For more information visit manutd.com/safety

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
With regards to the the increased security measures, I half expected the searches to be done before you get to the ground. Anyone without a ticket can walk right up to the ground/turnstile and walk under the stands!

With regards to the the increased security measures, I half expected the searches to be done before you get to the ground. Anyone without a ticket can walk right up to the ground/turnstile and walk under the stands!
That's not the case, there are searches on Sir Matt Busby Way for anyone with a bag etc.

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
Have to say it was much tighter for the Carrick testimonial. Had to show your ticket before even being allowed near the ground.
That sounds like a good idea, will see next week and hopefully it will be harder to get close to the ground without a ticket this season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That sounds like a good idea, will see next week and hopefully it will be harder to get close to the ground without a ticket this season.
Does that mean they could stop the bunch of parasites who sell their knock off gear right in between the megastore and Trinity statue?

Whatsername

Have to say it was much tighter for the Carrick testimonial. Had to show your ticket before even being allowed near the ground.
We didn't have to show tickets before we got to the turnstiles, just had a quick bag check as we approached the stadium but then that's been the case for a year or so anyway (since around the time of the Paris attacks I think?) although that's always seemed to be random. Interestingly at the Carrick game we were told that no bags would be allowed in the ground but we saw some being checked and tagged at normal turnstiles as we walked around to the Stretford End.

Haven't had an email yet so thanks for the info (we're lowly members, not ST holders) but a bit more notice from the club would've been helpful. I wish I'd booked an earlier train now, only booked it a few days ago as you can't leave it until the very last minute or you're paying extortionate fares.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
We didn't have to show tickets before we got to the turnstiles, just had a quick bag check as we approached the stadium but then that's been the case for a year or so anyway (since around the time of the Paris attacks I think?) although that's always seemed to be random. Interestingly at the Carrick game we were told that no bags would be allowed in the ground but we saw some being checked and tagged at normal turnstiles as we walked around to the Stretford End.

Haven't had an email yet so thanks for the info (we're lowly members, not ST holders) but a bit more notice from the club would've been helpful. I wish I'd booked an earlier train now, only booked it a few days ago as you can't leave it until the very last minute or you're paying extortionate fares.
I had to show my ticket before I was even allowed anywhere near the ground (on the bridge by Hotel Football). I did arrive late though due to the insane traffic with the Manchester concert on at the same day.

Whatsername

I had to show my ticket before I was even allowed anywhere near the ground (on the bridge by Hotel Football). I did arrive late though due to the insane traffic with the Manchester concert on at the same day.
We came in the other way, from the cricket ground direction.

Be interesting to see what new measures they've got in place next Sunday. Must admit that it's often been at the back of my mind that it'd be pretty easy to get something into the stadium. We've had occasions over the last couple of seasons when we've turned up with minutes to spare and been told to go straight through the turnstiles with no checks done.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

For sheer profit/greed reasons, they could never refuse all bags, as it'd put loads of people off lashing money in the megastore!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We came in the other way, from the cricket ground direction.

Be interesting to see what new measures they've got in place next Sunday. Must admit that it's often been at the back of my mind that it'd be pretty easy to get something into the stadium. We've had occasions over the last couple of seasons when we've turned up with minutes to spare and been told to go straight through the turnstiles with no checks done.
That's the crux of it.
The checks they'll be doing when they have fewer people and more time, will never be the same as last min rush time.
You just hope that anything really sinister would have been picked up on those "wands" in the corden round the ground. But then you can usually wander through gaps anyway, so not sure how effective those are.

ZupZup

I want to apply for away tickets this year as I live in London, but am told the only way to get them is with a season ticket. My dad still lives near OT and has a season ticket, but they say the tickets have to be for him - if he's caught buying them for someone else he could lose the season ticket.

Well... there would only be an issue if he is asked to collect the tickets because you have to then collect them on the day in person. I was asked to do that twice last season. There is a new ticket forwarding thing where twice a season you can pass on an away ticket to someone else - but it has to be another season ticket holder. Also, if you are asked to collect and then forward your ticket to someone else, they will need to collect in person with their ID.

I'm sure your Dad could find someone to forward an away ticket to, which would at least prevent him from being sanctioned at all for not collecting himself. Failure to collect wouldn't lose him his season ticket... but he won't be able to apply for future away matches for a long while.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Its not ridiculous at all - away tickets have become a hot commodity and there was too much ticket touting going on with extortionate prices being charged so thats why they put in these rules, they have relaxed them a bit this season though so you should be ok applying on your Dads ticket

Last edited:

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Hi Guys,

A buddy and I are headed across the pond to London for a week in mid-September. Wanted to make my first trip to OT for the Everton game. Anyone know of a reliable way to get tickets? Don't mind paying more, just don't want to get screwed. Been looking at a bunch of different sites (footballticketnet.com, stubhub, ticketgum, viagogo, livefootballtickets.com), but tickets seem to be on the expensive side and not sure which site I can trust. Any info would be much appreciated!
Drop me a PM. Can try helping.

JohnnyKills

Well... there would only be an issue if he is asked to collect the tickets because you have to then collect them on the day in person. I was asked to do that twice last season. There is a new ticket forwarding thing where twice a season you can pass on an away ticket to someone else - but it has to be another season ticket holder. Also, if you are asked to collect and then forward your ticket to someone else, they will need to collect in person with their ID.

I'm sure your Dad could find someone to forward an away ticket to, which would at least prevent him from being sanctioned at all for not collecting himself. Failure to collect wouldn't lose him his season ticket... but he won't be able to apply for future away matches for a long while.
Thanks mate.

JohnnyKills

Its not ridiculous at all - away tickets have become a hot commodity and there was too much ticket touting going on with extortionate prices being charged so thats why they put in these rules, they have relaxed them a bit this season though so you should be ok applying on your Dads ticket
Cheers mate.

Why should non season ticket holders get away tickets over season ticket holders? They are like gold dust so if the rules are "ridiculous" I'd always wanna ask this question... why do you think it's fair for a season ticket holder to miss out on an away ticket so that Joe Bloggs who wants to go to 2 games per season can go instead?

@JohnnyKills

Last edited:

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Only random ones I've seen plenty people not being searched with bags!
Usually I've been checked with metal detectors coming down Sir Matt Busby Way, then thoroughly checked again going under the Munich Tunnel, then patted down again going through the turnstile - and I never bring a bag. Admittedly you usually slip through at least one of these checks, but surely a bad lad with a bag will get it checked at least once.

JohnnyKills

Why should non season ticket holders get away tickets over non season ticket holders? They are like gold dust so if the rules are "ridiculous" I'd always wanna ask this question... why do you think it's fair for a season ticket holder to miss out on an away ticket so that Joe Bloggs who wants to go to 2 games per season can go instead?

@JohnnyKills
Because a lot of people, like myself, have moved away from Manchester for work and can't justify a season ticket. Some people can't afford to be t0p reds due to money and circumstances.

Suggest you wind your neck in mate.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Because a lot of people, like myself, have moved away from Manchester for work and can't justify a season ticket. Some people can't afford to be t0p reds due to money and circumstances.

He's saying that those that go every week should have priority. That's only fair. RAB is a good lad no need for the top red nonsense

It's not about winding my neck in @JohnnyKills, it's about what is fair to the people who pay 800 quid a year to watch the team. Nothing about that is "top red", it's just a simple fact of life.

Bloody 'ell.

Bosws87

It's not about winding my neck in @JohnnyKills, it's about what is fair to the people who pay 800 quid a year to watch the team. Nothing about that is "top red", it's just a simple fact of life.

Bloody 'ell.
Exactly and its about £3200 to just have the privilege to apply the 4 years you need in advance.

Points exactly spot on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I don't mean to be harsh, but on what planet do you think you should get what is a very limited commodity over the many who put their commitment in through a season ticket?
You live in London, what of it? Many of us are a couple of hundred miles away and find a way to hold season tickets.

You'll be saying it's an outrage you can't get a cup final ticket next

SiYuan

Cafe Grandmaster 2008
Bit of a long shot, but would really appreciate it if someone could assist me.

I am finally making a hop over the seas to catch some games, and if anyone has tickets or knows how to get tickets to the following games, I would be very appreciative:

Crystal Palace @ Home
Tottenham @ Home

JohnnyKills

Bloody 'ell.
Apologies if the t0p red remark offended you but your original post was out of order. People who don't have season tickets aren't just Joe bloggses as you suggest, they still support the club. I've been going for 27 years and would have my own season ticket if I was still living in Manchester.

I'd be happy to accept a lower priority for away ticket ballots due to my non-ST status, and would also happily pay a membership fee to compensate for my lack of an ST. The fact that I can't apply at all is what seems crazy.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
Looking for 3 tickets to the West Ham game on Sunday. I know it's probably a long shot. If anyone is selling or can point me in the right direction, please let me know. Thanks!

ZupZup

I'd be happy to accept a lower priority for away ticket ballots due to my non-ST status, and would also happily pay a membership fee to compensate for my lack of an ST. The fact that I can't apply at all is what seems crazy.
The problem is that the demand for away tickets is huge. Opening ballots to people who aren't season ticket holders would be ridiculous for that very reason... at the moment, they only accept applications from fans that have had their season ticket for more than three seasons and still the ballot success rates for one of those fans will be about 20% (on average).

If they were to loosen the restrictions more to include non-season ticket holders, you'd be looking at an average ballot success rate of something silly like 5%... You'd be lucky to get one away ticket a season if you applied for all of them. The chances of you getting one having just applied for the 'local London ones' would be even tinier than that. You have to give eligible fans a reasonable chance of getting an away ticket.

Ober tan

Bit of a long shot, but would really appreciate it if someone could assist me.

I am finally making a hop over the seas to catch some games, and if anyone has tickets or knows how to get tickets to the following games, I would be very appreciative:

Crystal Palace @ Home
Tottenham @ Home
Buy a Lite membership (£20 adult) and get Palace tickets from the website - https://www.eticketing.co.uk/muticketsandmembership/details/event.aspx?itemref=9150.

Can also apply for Tottenham with said membership via the ballot.

JohnnyKills

The problem is that the demand for away tickets is huge. Opening ballots to people who aren't season ticket holders would be ridiculous for that very reason... at the moment, they only accept applications from fans that have had their season ticket for more than three seasons and still the ballot success rates for one of those fans will be about 20% (on average).

If they were to loosen the restrictions more to include non-season ticket holders, you'd be looking at an average ballot success rate of something silly like 5%... You'd be lucky to get one away ticket a season if you applied for all of them. The chances of you getting one having just applied for the 'local London ones' would be even tinier than that. You have to give eligible fans a reasonable chance of getting an away ticket.
Yeah, I can see it from that point of view. Guess United are so popular that, whichever way they do it, it'll be difficult.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
So any regular Sam Platts reds here? I've been going there for the past few seasons for most games, and now that's it gone, need a new place to drink pre-game which has a solid atmosphere. Any recommendations? Is the BB the best option?

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
So any regular Sam Platts reds here? I've been going there for the past few seasons for most games, and now that's it gone, need a new place to drink pre-game which has a solid atmosphere. Any recommendations? Is the Bishop's Blaize the best option?
BB has a good atmosphere no doubt but is too busy for my liking - Tollgate is my recommendation, for West Ham there will be a Jstand gathering there and then a match to the ground so will be a good atmosphere to start the season.