All ticket/travel information thread - 2017/18 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

beedoubleyou

Club wembley has loads of bars, and, I know I say this to the annoyance of some, some lovely food, although pricey. If you can, walk round to the "front" of the stadium, so you overlook Wembley WaY - it's pretty cool to have a drink and watch people walking up to the stadium.

You're not allowed to wear a football shirt in there which is pathetic, so a nice red t shirt will do for me, as per usual. I took my 4 year old to the semi final, and for what it's worth its pretty friendly banter in there. He got in a shouting match with a 40 year old guy behind us who was a spurs fan.

"Daddy, why is that man shouting?"

"it's just what you do at football, you shout and sing songs"

"oh.. COME ON!!!!!! Um.. TWINKLE TWINKLE LITT"

"No Alex, football songs".
Cool. I reckon I'd rather get to the ground early than mess around in pubs and last minute tubes. Never been to new Wembley to very excited! Any insider tips around getting the feck back to Euston much appreciated!

mckenzie79

We're the other end this time mate, so that will be a Spurs pub.

Our main pub will be The Green Man. Speaking of which, I wonder how early we'll have to get there before it's already jam-packed. Atmosphere there was incredible for the semi vs Everton couple of years ago

Allocated Pubs

Man Utd

The Green Man
Dagmar Avenue, Wembley, HA9 8DF
Blue Room
53 Wembley Hill Road, Wembley, HA9 8BE
The Arch (Greyhound)
324 Harrow Road, Wembley, Middx, HA9 8LL
Station 31
299-301 Harrow Road, Wembley
JJ Moons
397 High Road, Wembley, HA9 7DT
Thirsty Eddie's
412 High Road, Wembley
Flannery's
610 High Road, Wembley
Fusilier
652 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA0 2HA
Masti
576-582 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AA
The Comer House (Mannions)
313 Harrow Road, Wembley HA9 6BA
The Liquor Station (Old Bear)
397a High Road, Wembley, HA9 7AA
Moore Spice
Unit 2, Wembley Retail Park, Engineers Way, Wembley HA9 0EG

Does anyone know if these the same allocated pubs for the final then? We should be getting there for about 1ish so need options!!

muller

Cool. I reckon I'd rather get to the ground early than mess around in pubs and last minute tubes. Never been to new Wembley to very excited! Any insider tips around getting the feck back to Euston much appreciated!
Depending on how much of a rush you are in, it's sometimes worth hanging around and getting one last pint and some food after the game as Wembley Way gets packed going back to Wembley Park Station - you can be queueing/shuffling forward for 45 minutes which isn't ideal. To be honest, with 1 set of fans leaving around 30 minutes before the other on this occasion (whilst the other see's the trophy lifted) - this shouldn't be too bad.

Its a lovely stadium, the facilities are amazing - although the criticism's of it being another modern soulless stadium are certainly more true in club wembley than in the club ends.. but i've been there 20 times for NFL games, United League Cup Finals, FA cup games, play off finals 0- never had a bad view.

beedoubleyou

Depending on how much of a rush you are in, it's sometimes worth hanging around and getting one last pint and some food after the game as Wembley Way gets packed going back to Wembley Park Station - you can be queueing/shuffling forward for 45 minutes which isn't ideal. To be honest, with 1 set of fans leaving around 30 minutes before the other on this occasion (whilst the other see's the trophy lifted) - this shouldn't be too bad.

Its a lovely stadium, the facilities are amazing - although the criticism's of it being another modern soulless stadium are certainly more true in club wembley than in the club ends.. but i've been there 20 times for NFL games, United League Cup Finals, FA cup games, play off finals 0- never had a bad view.
Yeah that was our plan. Last train to MCR isn't until midnight so no massive rush to join a 45 minute queue, even if we go to pens. Thank you

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Has anyone sat on the front row of the North Stand at Old Trafford? Our tickets are now there... don't know how the view will be though given the pitch is raised. Should we ask for a move?
I have a few times, including vs Watford on Sunday. Not the best view in all honesty because your seated eyeline is probably about knee height of the players. The linesman and players can hear every word you shout though, which I do like. Probably my favourite seats I've sat in because of that. You feel like you're helping influence the game.

Robbo*

Does anyone know if these the same allocated pubs for the final then? We should be getting there for about 1ish so need options!!
yes, we are same side of stadium as for semi and the list of pubs looks broadly the same.

ZupZup

If there is anybody in the original ballot who didn't get lucky and they are willing to pay £145 for the tickets... I'd give the ticket office a call now.

eldoherz

Yeah that was our plan. Last train to MCR isn't until midnight so no massive rush to join a 45 minute queue, even if we go to pens. Thank you
Where are you getting a train that late from? Virgin and the Trainline show the last train back being at 21:21 with their being a slight push back if the final goes to extra time and penalties. If there's a later option then I'd love to know as it'd beat kipping on my sisters floors to get the train back next day if I don't fancy rushing for it.

beedoubleyou

Where are you getting a train that late from? Virgin and the Trainline show the last train back being at 21:21 with their being a slight push back if the final goes to extra time and penalties. If there's a later option then I'd love to know as it'd beat kipping on my sisters floors to get the train back next day if I don't fancy rushing for it.
Yeah, you're right, was looking at the wrong times. Official advice from United:

ADVICE FOR FANS TRAVELLING BY TRAIN

Virgin Trains will be running two additional services from London Euston to Manchester Piccadilly for fans heading back north after the game. These are due to depart London Euston at 20:15 BST and 20:40 BST, calling at Crewe and Stockport.

The last train back to Manchester will leave at 21:00 BST and is expected to be extremely busy so fans are encouraged to make the way back to London Euston immediately upon the final whistle and take advantage of the earlier services.

Direct Trains from London Euston to Manchester Piccadilly:
19:40
calling at Crewe, Wilmslow, Stockport
20:15 Relief Service calling at Crewe, Stockport **
20:20 calling at Milton Keynes, Nuneaton, Stoke, Macclesfield, Stockport
20:40 Relief Service calling at Crewe, Stockport **
21:00 calling at Milton Keynes, Stafford, Crewe, Wilmslow, Stockport

** The additional trains will only run at these times if the game finishes in 90 minutes. Should the game go to extra time and penalties, Virgin Trains is looking at options to further strengthen their services to Manchester with two departures at 21:10 BST and 21:20 BST. Fans are advised to keep checking the Virgin Trains’ website or the @virgintrains Twitter feed for updates.

For fans looking to stay overnight in London, Virgin Trains will be running a normal Sunday service, with the first departure back to Manchester Piccadilly leaving London Euston at 08:20 BST.​

Joker

Against palace there were a lot of united pubs. Some... most had old ladies singing kareoke but in one of them was pete boyle and the place was rocking. Anyone know of a place where there will be a proper pre match atmosphere ?

zed17

Against palace there were a lot of united pubs. Some... most had old ladies singing kareoke but in one of them was pete boyle and the place was rocking. Anyone know of a place where there will be a proper pre match atmosphere ?
The Green Man is always a decent bet.

Last edited by a moderator:

oldhand

What times good to get to the Green Man?

Does it get full early?
It gets busy but if you walk through the crowd to the far side by the marquee there is normally space and a fairly decent cabin service though drink options are slightly limited

Tomm

Massive long shot. Been let down on tickets for tomorrow. Travel already paid for, hotel etc. If anyone has or knows of any spares for tomorrow please message me. You won't buy a drink all day.

eldoherz

Sounds like a silly question but the Green Man will let you in wearing a United shirt?

I have clothing options but would like to have a couple before the game and wear my shirt that's all.

zed17

Anyone know if the upper tier has separate entrance/concourse to the lower tier?
Yes - as soon as you enter you will only see escalators. There is of course a staircase to walk down from the top but usually stewarded.

oldhand

Sounds like a silly question but the Green Man will let you in wearing a United shirt?

I have clothing options but would like to have a couple before the game and wear my shirt that's all.
LOL

Of course mate most will be in them you ain't in club Wembley

rotherham_red

Just a quick question, do ST holders get a membership pack with their ST, or do we just get the ST only? I heard that this is the case, and it seems a bit weird to be an ST holder but not get a membership pack considering a membership pack only costs £32 while an ST is obviously much more. Surely the obvious thing to do would be to send the membership pack but replace the membership card with the ST card? Also, if you don't renew the membership, then doesn't that mean that you aren't a member, but then you have an ST. How does that work? :houllier:

mark_a

Just a quick question, do ST holders get a membership pack with their ST, or do we just get the ST only? I heard that this is the case, and it seems a bit weird to be an ST holder but not get a membership pack considering a membership pack only costs £32 while an ST is obviously much more. Surely the obvious thing to do would be to send the membership pack but replace the membership card with the ST card? Also, if you don't renew the membership, then doesn't that mean that you aren't a member, but then you have an ST. How does that work? :houllier:
You normally get a pack of some description with your ST. Last year was a United Wallet thing, a nice badge, a booklet of vouchers for 2-for-1 bits at the game and some other bits (pictures, postcards or similar.. can't remember!)

rotherham_red

You normally get a pack of some description with your ST. Last year was a United Wallet thing, a nice badge, a booklet of vouchers for 2-for-1 bits at the game and some other bits (pictures, postcards or similar.. can't remember!)
Ah coolio, mate thanks for the clarification. I cancelled the auto-renew of my membership when my ST application came through thinking my membership would just transfer but then I got the emails saying that I wouldn't have a membership if I didn't renew. Which like I said, was a little odd.

Glad that I'll have a pack of some sort though, seems a bit of a pisstake if we're paying more than 10x the price of a membership but not get a pack, lol. Though, we do get all the home games, so shouldn't complain, I suppose!