All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Anyone else that haven’t got their membership pack yet ? I’m going to the Leicester game and still haven’t received it. It’s annoying as they were quick enough to take the payment on July 1st but 5 weeks later it still hasn’t arrived.
We're close enough to the match now that it's probably worth calling the ticket office. If you don't get the card in time you'll need to collect a paper ticket on the night, so it's probably best to know the pickup instructions.

corno_mufc

No membership pack here either.

Looking at Twitter (and eBay)... some fans have received them already!

Whatsername

Anyone else that haven’t got their membership pack yet ? I’m going to the Leicester game and still haven’t received it. It’s annoying as they were quick enough to take the payment on July 1st but 5 weeks later it still hasn’t arrived.
Mine came the middle of last week, my son's pack isn't here yet though.
Not like they have to get the yearbooks published at the end of the season and put in now that we have to collect them ourselves, just a bit of printing on the card so I don't see why they can't send them sooner.

Not doing Leicester as we can't make evening games but in previous years they've seemed to send paper tickets anyway for the first match.

LilWayneHQ

What's the best way to get to Old Trafford from Town on matchdays?

I used to drive to Eccles, park my car there for free, and then get the tram to Exchange Quay.

But over the summer I've moved to Town, so I'm looking for someone to let me know the best and cheapest way to get to OT?

Appreciate it.

corno_mufc

Oct/nov tv fixtures out soon ish then?
THE FIVE CHANGES AT A GLANCE

Saturday 6 October: Manchester United v Newcastle United at 16:30 BST
Saturday 20 October: Chelsea v Manchester United at 12:30 BST
Saturday 27 October: Manchester United v Everton at 12:30 GMT
Saturday 3 November: Bournemouth v Manchester United at 12:30 GMT
Sunday 11 November: Manchester City v Manchester United at 16:30 GMT

Reactions: Rood

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
THE FIVE CHANGES AT A GLANCE

Saturday 6 October: Manchester United v Newcastle United at 16:30 BST
Saturday 20 October: Chelsea v Manchester United at 12:30 BST
Saturday 27 October: Manchester United v Everton at 12:30 GMT
Saturday 3 November: Bournemouth v Manchester United at 12:30 GMT
Sunday 11 November: Manchester City v Manchester United at 16:30 GMT

Excellent. Best start plotting. Although that Saturday one is surely 5.30 not 4.30

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
What's the best way to get to Old Trafford from Town on matchdays?

I used to drive to Eccles, park my car there for free, and then get the tram to Exchange Quay.

But over the summer I've moved to Town, so I'm looking for someone to let me know the best and cheapest way to get to OT?

Appreciate it.
cheapest? Walk !

depends where in town really - tram might still be best or bus

littlepeasoup

If anyone's interested, MUFC Ticket Exchange on Twitter has just started up again after a bit of a lull. Plenty of Leicester tickets changing hands by the looks of it.

LilWayneHQ

cheapest? Walk !

depends where in town really - tram might still be best or bus
Bottom of Collyhurst, it's about 5 mins to walk to Shude Hill.

And OT is a bit too far to walk I think even though I did used to walk from Salford Uni.

Does anyone else on here get the Metro from one of the stops in town? I'm looking more to see which time I should get aka how long before kick off would be safe.

Robbo*

Bottom of Collyhurst, it's about 5 mins to walk to Shude Hill.

And OT is a bit too far to walk I think even though I did used to walk from Salford Uni.

Does anyone else on here get the Metro from one of the stops in town? I'm looking more to see which time I should get aka how long before kick off would be safe.
Walk up the canal - very pleasant if sun out and can start at a pub.

LilWayneHQ

Walk up the canal - very pleasant if sun out and can start at a pub.
It will take me an hour and 15 mins which ain't bad if the sun is out, but what about these winter games.

Is there no one on here who gets the Metro from town?

JK-27

Mine came middle of last week but they told me previously that it could be up until the end of August to arrive.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It will take me an hour and 15 mins which ain't bad if the sun is out, but what about these winter games.

Is there no one on here who gets the Metro from town?
Walk from house, get on metro mate.
Be glad you don't have a 3hour drive before that part :lol:

LilWayneHQ

I have all the time. Dead simple. Hop on at Piccadilly Gardens.
How long does the journey take mate? 20 mins?

Walk from house, get on metro mate.
Be glad you don't have a 3hour drive before that part :lol:
I know haha I am grateful, but I'm looking for someone to let me know the best place to get on and exactly how long the journey is, so I can work out when to set off.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I've only just realised that our Monday night game with Spurs is a Bank Holiday. So that and the first game being on a Friday night. I hate the FA/Sky/BT Sports.

Red00012

Mine came middle of last week but they told me previously that it could be up until the end of August to arrive.
I ended up getting paper tickets through the post yesterday.it saved me a phone call !

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Just in case anyone hasn't seen it. United are tightening up the bag rules again. Best advice is - don't bring one. They've changed some of the pedestrian access routes as well.

Bags & Bag Drop Facilities

From the beginning of this season, we've introduced a £5 charge to leave an item with us at a Bag Drop. All profits will go to the Manchester United Foundation to support their work using football to engage and inspire young people across Greater Manchester to create a better life for themselves and the communities in which they live.

As with last season, any bags larger than 20cm x 15cm x 5cm (8" x 6" x 2") are not permitted in the stadium, unless they contain essential medical or childcare items.

This restricted bag policy also applies to the areas in the immediate vicinity of the stadium itself (including the forecourts and the tunnels under the stands), so the Bag Drop facilities have been conveniently located on E2 car park, N2 car park and the back of W2 car park. You can find a map showing where the Bag Drop facilities are located here, and further safety and security details here.

Please remember, the easiest thing is not to bring a bag or any unnecessary items with you on the day.
Other Important Information (Pedestrian Access, Ground Halt Station, Roadworks)

From the first home game of the 2018/19 season (Leicester City on Friday 10th August, KO 8pm) supporters will not be able to gain access to the stadium via the Freight Terminal off Europa Way roundabout. This has previously been open to pedestrians who were able to walk past the W3 car park towards the stadium, however pedestrian access will now only be available via John Gilbert Way.

With regards to the Ground Halt Station being in operation this season, we have not yet received any confirmation from Northern Rail about their plans for the service. We would therefore advise any supporters that have previously used this service to keep an eye on the Northern Rail website for up to date information.

There also continues to be major roadworks on key roads surrounding the stadium, so please plan your journey accordingly and try to arrive at Old Trafford as early as possible (turnstiles will be open 2 hours before kick-off).

ZupZup

How long does the journey take mate? 20 mins?

I know haha I am grateful, but I'm looking for someone to let me know the best place to get on and exactly how long the journey is, so I can work out when to set off.
You could get on the Alty tram from Shudehill if that is your preferred/closest stop - which will take 20 mins at the most... probably more like 15 mins. Piccadilly Gardens would be the next best choice to leave from as you have more options on trams you can get (MediaCity or Eccles getting off at Exchange Quay or the Alty tram getting off at Old Trafford or Trafford Bar). Journey times will all be about 15-20 mins.

Old Trafford tram stop is slightly closer but if you wanted to go to a pub beforehand, Trafford Bar is next to the Tollgate which is very lively and a decent place for a bit of atmosphere pre-match.

You may know a lot of that already.

LilWayneHQ

You could get on the Alty tram from Shudehill if that is your preferred/closest stop - which will take 20 mins at the most... probably more like 15 mins. Piccadilly Gardens would be the next best choice to leave from as you have more options on trams you can get (MediaCity or Eccles getting off at Exchange Quay or the Alty tram getting off at Old Trafford or Trafford Bar). Journey times will all be about 15-20 mins.

Old Trafford tram stop is slightly closer but if you wanted to go to a pub beforehand, Trafford Bar is next to the Tollgate which is very lively and a decent place for a bit of atmosphere pre-match.

You may know a lot of that already.
Appreciate that matey!

littlepeasoup

In fairness they know well they are going to a game before they leave their place that morning. Pack lighter for that day or leave bits in work/office.
Very true and it's what I do myself, but sometimes it's just not feasible. I assume most the people wanting to bring bags in are day-trippers.

Whatsername

Very true and it's what I do myself, but sometimes it's just not feasible. I assume most the people wanting to bring bags in are day-trippers.
Time constraints with evening kick offs in the past have meant that my son has had to come straight from school to meet me at the railway station, so he's had his school bag and I've had a bag containing clothes/trainers so that he can change out of his uniform. There's no way of leaving his bag at school, no time to go home and get changed/drop off his bag and us both using public transport means that there's not a car to leave bags in.

rotherham_red

Watford applications started today, managed to apply online this time
I tried applying online yesterday morning and the Watford game wasn't on, had to ring through again to get my application in.

Also, getting to OT from London was an absolute nightmare. Left at 1pm and got in for 7:10ish. There seemed to be congestion on every motorway, bar the M6 toll.

serxyo

I’d be very happy if someone can help me. I bought tickets for flight to Manchester and the day after that i wanted to purchase tickets for the game against Fulham. Now when I go to official ticket store it shows that all matches at OT are sold out. I already wrote a mail and also called in Manchester (they didn’t respond). Is there any chance to buy the tickets, or do I have to splash money and pay like 100 € more to agency...?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
I’d be very happy if someone can help me. I bought tickets for flight to Manchester and the day after that i wanted to purchase tickets for the game against Fulham. Now when I go to official ticket store it shows that all matches at OT are sold out. I already wrote a mail and also called in Manchester (they didn’t respond). Is there any chance to buy the tickets, or do I have to splash money and pay like 100 € more to agency...?
The match date isn't confirmed yet. United will be selling tickets again closer to the game. The timing of the sales and number of tickets available are unpredictable though.

Someone on here might be able to help, especially if it moves off the Saturday timeslot. I know it's a frustrating reply, but your best bet is to wait for a while, and to start phoning the ticket office every week. If you aren't already a member, they'll ask you to buy the membership and ticket at the same time.

serxyo

The match date isn't confirmed yet. United will be selling tickets again closer to the game. The timing of the sales and number of tickets available are unpredictable though.

Someone on here might be able to help, especially if it moves off the Saturday timeslot. I know it's a frustrating reply, but your best bet is to wait for a while, and to start phoning the ticket office every week. If you aren't already a member, they'll ask you to buy the membership and ticket at the same time.
Thank you for the answer. I guess the match will be played on this date or a day earlier because of the earlier game vs Arsenal and champions league 3/4 days later. Let’s wait then :)

Dyslexic Untied

Am I right in thinking that the home game against Crystal Palace, Saturday, November 24th is confirmed, and that it won't be re-scheduled to accommodate cups, CL or TV broadcasting?

rotherham_red

Am I right in thinking that the home game against Crystal Palace, Saturday, November 24th is confirmed, and that it won't be re-scheduled to accommodate cups, CL or TV broadcasting?
Yep, all the fixtures until the end of November have been confirmed.