All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

DM07

How difficult would it be to get tickets for the Chelsea home game?

I am planning a trip to the UK from 25th of April to 5th of May next year. This would be my first visit to Manchester, so obviously watching a match at Old Trafford is top of the things to do list. Our only home game during this time according to the fixtures list is Chelsea home. I know tickets for the City, Arse, Liverpool, and Chelsea games are sold in a different method compared to other games. So how difficult would it be to get a ticket for this game through unofficial sources (including this forum)? I am willing to pay upto twice the FV, wouldn't want to spend more than that.

My tickets havent been finalised yet but I wouldn't want to change the dates unless its impossible to get tickets for the Chelsea game. If thats tha case then I will have to reschedule the entire month long trip, as I plan to travel to mainland Europe after UK.

Also since the FA cup semifinals are on the weekend of 6th april, am I right in assuming that there are zero chances of the game being rescheduled? And when is the exact time and date for the fixture finalized? Beginning of March? Is there any chance that the game would be played on Friday? If not then I will arrive in Manchester a day later.

Thanks

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Pair available for tomorrow - J stand singing section, great view and best atmosphere in the ground!

PM for more details

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I've just had a call from the club offering me a ticket to Valencia away.

I wonder if people are backing out due to performances or because we're through... I'm still very tempted though.

GeorgieBoy

I also have 2 tickets for the Fulham home game tomorrow if anyone wants them? DM me.

Red00012

I've just had a call from the club offering me a ticket to Valencia away.

I wonder if people are backing out due to performances or because we're through... I'm still very tempted though.
I would think it would be the fact we’ve qualified already and been so close to Xmas.
They were doing call backs yesterday and today for returns.

DM07

@DM07 touts will charge more than twice FV and the game could be rescheduled
Is it really likely that the game might be rescheduled considering all FA cup and league cup games are done by that time?

I guess Iwould be willing to pay more than twice the FV if there are no other options. But hoping to get tickets at a reasonable price.

Pol

Hi im currently travelling in Europe and will be in England for the Bournemouth game on the 30th. I bought tickets via official ManUTD website but i am worried that the membership card/tickets are being sent to my home address in Australia! D: is there a way to pick up my membership or paper tickets at the ground? Please help! <3

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Hi im currently travelling in Europe and will be in England for the Bournemouth game on the 30th. I bought tickets via official ManUTD website but i am worried that the membership card/tickets are being sent to my home address in Australia! D: is there a way to pick up my membership or paper tickets at the ground? Please help! <3
Yes. If your membership card doesn't reach you in time, just let the ticket office know - phoning them is the easiest. They'll let you collect tickets from them on the day - you'll need to take some kind of ID with you to do it, just ask them what they'll need.

Upside Down Tomato

Hi all!

I have a question hoping some more knowledgeable people than me can help with!

Credits?
Do you get them if your successful in any ballot and go to the game? Or is it just away games/ champions league. I managed to get tickets for the reading game in the ballot, so wondering if that will give me any credits? Also where do you find out how many you have?
For the premier league home games that are balloted (like city or Liverpool) do these still go based on credits? And do you get credits for these games if your successful?

In other words I have no idea about credits and if anyone can explain it all id be so happy!

Red00012

Hi all!

Credits?
Do you get them if your successful in any ballot and go to the game? Or is it just away games/ champions league. I managed to get tickets for the reading game in the ballot, so wondering if that will give me any credits? Also where do you find out how many you have?
For the premier league home games that are balloted (like city or Liverpool) do these still go based on credits? And do you get credits for these games if your successful?

In other words I have no idea about credits and if anyone can explain it all id be so happy!
Credits are only for European away games, you must be successful in an European away ballot and pick up your ticket over there you get 1 credit , you don’t get credits any longer for just applying, you have to attend. You must be an official member to apply.

Home games have no bearing on credits you just apply and a ballot is done, domestic aways you need to be a season ticket holder to apply for a domestic away. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Rood

Reynoldo

Credits are only for European away games, you must be successful in an European away ballot and pick up your ticket over there you get 1 credit , you don’t get credits any longer for just applying, you have to attend. You must be an official member to apply.

Home games have no bearing on credits you just apply and a ballot is done, domestic aways you need to be a season ticket holder to apply for a domestic away. Hope this helps.
So CL knockout home games are ballot only always?

Upside Down Tomato

That has cleared things up a lot! Thanks!

robinrooney

Hi all!

Credits?

They did a ballot for Reading HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There will be thousands of tickets available for that game.

I have 3 in Stretford below face value.

DM if interested

redchamp

For the knockout CL ties, does anyone know if Thomas Cook run trips with a match ticket included, or is it travel only?

Can imagine if we draw Real or Barca that it will be heavily oversubscribed, and not sure I'd make the cut on my 6 European credits via the standard ballot.

Red00012

Depends really on demand if it’s Barca it will be a ballot and nothing else ! If it’s a smaller club it might go on sale to official members but usually after a ballot has taken place ,if the demand is less than the tickets available that’s when you might be able to snap up a ticket either by calling the TO or online.

Upside Down Tomato

They normally start with a ballot but will release more tickets closer to the date
They did a ballot for Reading HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There will be thousands of tickets available for that game.

I have 3 in Stretford below face value.

DM if interested
I know!!! I thought it would be an easy way to get on the credit ladder! But that plan fell apart! Ha ha!

Reynoldo

Depends really on demand if it’s Barca it will be a ballot and nothing else ! If it’s a smaller club it might go on sale to official members but usually after a ballot has taken place ,if the demand is less than the tickets available that’s when you might be able to snap up a ticket either by calling the TO or online.
They normally start with a ballot but will release more tickets closer to the date
Cheers guys

JohnnyKills

Anyone know which bars United fans will be using in Valencia?

I'm coming down from Barcelona so won't be travelling with a group.

willhse456

Single available for Huddersfield and Bournemouth. Will have to take both as they're close together. Away for Christmas and I just want the seat filled. Will take a lot less than FV!

mr.suave

Is there any chance of getting a pair of tickets for the Huddersfield game on Boxing Day?

I haven't been to a United match for years as every time I'm back home United are playing away. Boxing Day would be a nice opportunity to go and take my wife to Old Trafford for the first time.

I'll probably end up getting something from Stubhub or somewhere similar, but figured it was worth trying on here first.

PM me if you can help. Cheers.

JK-27

Anyone else get an email this evening saying major ticket release for all future home games is imminent? Is that a reference to the Champions League knock-out stages or that ST holders have returned a bunch of tickets?

juggernaut1986

I am planning to visit Old Trafford for the first time. I have official membership. Tickets for several matches are available on the official website. However, I am getting this error "We cannot complete your purchase online, to complete your purchase please call (+44) 161 868 8000 or email tickets@manutd.co.uk". Anyone knows the reason?

Edit - Called them and bought the tickets for Brighton game. Excited already.

Last edited:

Robin

Anyone else get an email this evening saying major ticket release for all future home games is imminent? Is that a reference to the Champions League knock-out stages or that ST holders have returned a bunch of tickets?
It means that United hold a batch of tickets back so our official sponsors like Thomas Cook can sell them with a meal at exhorbitant prices , of course when we are playing like this no one wants to go so the tickets go back to the members.

JamesCurran

Got tickets sorted for Liverpool in February anybody any idea when tv fixtures are announced as waiting to book flights etc.

Cheers

coolredwine

lameredboots
Looking for tickets for the PSG - United game, 6th March. Away end is preferable, but even the home end would do.

Cheers!

oldhand

Looking for tickets for the PSG - United game, 6th March. Away end is preferable, but even the home end would do.

Cheers!
If you have some credits it may help but having looked at the updated list, reckon 9+ guarantees in first ballot, less for TCS trips and less for the 300 or so the club holds back till about 4 weeks before the match. It's always a collection with passport, the only other way you can get a united one, is you need an exec with enough credits who can allocate and who has a spare.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Pair available for Bournmouth on Sun 30th Dec - J Stand singing section

PM for details

EDIT: gone

Last edited: