All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

rotherham_red

Well, wasn't expecting Friday and Mondays for our first home games! Arse!
Could be worse, the Monday game falls on a Bank Holiday, so won't need to book more than a half day off the next day if you're travelling from far like I am.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Could be worse, the Monday game falls on a Bank Holiday, so won't need to book more than a half day off the next day if you're travelling from far like I am.
Ah yes, good point pal. Although i'll probably stay over and take a full day off for comfort. Otherwise it could be a 4hour or so haul to get to where I work (further out than home) for 12.30!

On a similar note, i'll probably take a full day for the Friday night game this time! I still have horrible memories of setting off at 2pm from 170miles away, and just about getting to Old Trafford for about 7.40!! And heard how Southampton fans had an 8 or so hour trip!

Whatsername

Had to return my Leicester city tickets, because I can't do night matches.

Does anyone know when the second round of tickets go on sale?
No idea but I randomly checked a week or so ago for a game we wanted to go to but which had sold out of the initial round and there were a few available so we got some. Not sure if the club had released more or if they were returns though.

Whatsername

Glad I didn't manage to get any for the Leicester game now. Night games are difficult for us. We have to get a train and the last one leaves Piccadilly just after 10, and staying over makes it a very expensive 90 minutes.

rotherham_red

Ah yes, good point pal. Although i'll probably stay over and take a full day off for comfort. Otherwise it could be a 4hour or so haul to get to where I work (further out than home) for 12.30!

On a similar note, i'll probably take a full day for the Friday night game this time! I still have horrible memories of setting off at 2pm from 170miles away, and just about getting to Old Trafford for about 7.40!! And heard how Southampton fans had an 8 or so hour trip!
Yeah, I had similar with my first game at OT v Fenerbahce in the Europa League. It was an 8:05 kick off and I barely made it on time after setting off at 3:30. All the others have been fine though. As long as you set off around 1, you should be golden.

This is my first season as an ST holder too, so you can imagine my surprise when I saw that the first two home games were a Friday and a Monday, considering I only had 7 days of Annual Leave left for the rest of the year, and the midweek games are still to come in the League Cup and the Champions League! I just hope that we get plenty of away draws which are London-based so that I can get to them and still be able to come into work the next day, lol.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Hate Friday and Monday games. Setting off around 3:30 from Cannock for the Leicester game. I have 3 hours of annual leave left this year so will be taking it then and booking half a day off work. No more time off so don't know what's going to happen for the CL games

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hate Friday and Monday games. Setting off around 3:30 from Cannock for the Leicester game. I have 3 hours of annual leave left this year so will be taking it then and booking half a day off work. No more time off so don't know what's going to happen for the CL games
Presume your holiday is the calendar year basis? You've smashed through that a bit then haven't you!
Ours is April to March, but got to allow for those big midweek games!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah, I had similar with my first game at OT v Fenerbahce in the Europa League. It was an 8:05 kick off and I barely made it on time after setting off at 3:30. All the others have been fine though. As long as you set off around 1, you should be golden.

This is my first season as an ST holder too, so you can imagine my surprise when I saw that the first two home games were a Friday and a Monday, considering I only had 7 days of Annual Leave left for the rest of the year, and the midweek games are still to come in the League Cup and the Champions League! I just hope that we get plenty of away draws which are London-based so that I can get to them and still be able to come into work the next day, lol.
A real shocker. It's like they gave one odd day, then thought, let's do another while we're at it!
Friday is good once the game is on though, as at least there's no pressure the next day. And the other one being the bank holiday helps too.

rotherham_red

A real shocker. It's like they gave one odd day, then thought, let's do another while we're at it!
Friday is good once the game is on though, as at least there's no pressure the next day. And the other one being the bank holiday helps too.
Yeah, I'm not fussed about the games coming on the days they have fell on, it's just that I was banking on the Monday and Friday games coming after January when my A/L would have refreshed. Ah well, it'll all work out, I'll just have to plan out the work schedule and plan accordingly.

rotherham_red

Has anyone received their season ticket yet? First timer here, and getting a little impatient :)

Whatsername

We're from Cannock too, and have pretty much given up on driving up now. Thinking back 20 or so years I could finish work at 5.30 in Rugeley, go home to Cannock, get changed, leave around 6 and be in Old Trafford with plenty of time to spare for an 8pm kick off. Now you have to give yourself at least 3 hours. We just get the train from Stafford now, but of course that means that night time games are difficult because we'd have to leave midway through the second half to get the last train.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Has anyone received their season ticket yet? First timer here, and getting a little impatient :)
I doubt it, unless they've changed things a lot. I'm not sure what the schedule is, but I know it always feels as if they leave it really close to the first game of the season. Which seems weird given it's basically a piece of plastic rather than something that needs dates printed on it or whatever.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I doubt it, unless they've changed things a lot. I'm not sure what the schedule is, but I know it always feels as if they leave it really close to the first game of the season. Which seems weird given it's basically a piece of plastic rather than something that needs dates printed on it or whatever.
Season ticket normally comes in good time.
It's the FA Cup tickets that they seem to send stupidly late. Almost like they're doing it to stop any exchanges going on. I remember one last year, i'd have been stuffed if i'd needed to get it in the post to my northern pal, rather than my local pal taking it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We're from Cannock too, and have pretty much given up on driving up now. Thinking back 20 or so years I could finish work at 5.30 in Rugeley, go home to Cannock, get changed, leave around 6 and be in Old Trafford with plenty of time to spare for an 8pm kick off. Now you have to give yourself at least 3 hours. We just get the train from Stafford now, but of course that means that night time games are difficult because we'd have to leave midway through the second half to get the last train.
The bit that puts me off the train, is that it's 20-30mins beyond Old Trafford. Meaning you're spending 40-60mins out of your way.
Plus the cost, the timings never quite work out/add to the stress factor, and the lotto of being around odd characters :)

Maybe it'd be worth a trial, staying at a very local hotel to the ground, and then picking a midday train the next day when it should all be a bit more relaxed.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Season ticket normally comes in good time.
It's the FA Cup tickets that they seem to send stupidly late. Almost like they're doing it to stop any exchanges going on. I remember one last year, i'd have been stuffed if i'd needed to get it in the post to my northern pal, rather than my local pal taking it.
Yes, my memory messed with me there. Last year they went out third week in July with the matches starting 10th August. I was halfway through a house move at the time.

rotherham_red

Which pricing did you go for? I'm just debating which to plump for myself.
I'm a disabled fan so it's slightly different for me, as they are phasing in the pricing. It's standard cost is £836 but it has a 50% discount this season, so it cost £418 but next season it will have a 25% discount and the season after that, it'll be full price. I'll also get a free carer's ticket with it as well.

JK-27

Have I missed the boat for away tickets to Brighton or have they not gone on sale yet? Website is only showing home games.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Presume your holiday is the calendar year basis? You've smashed through that a bit then haven't you!
Ours is April to March, but got to allow for those big midweek games!
Yes it's Jan to Dec. I'm saving my main two weeks for September cus with the paternity leave, I'm hoping to have 4 weeks to spend at home :)

I'm taking a week with the kids in a few weeks time and the rest I've used up for games earlier this year so a grand total of 3 hours left!

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
I travel with a supporters club and they pick up from Cannock at 3:30 and then onto Stafford to pick up a few more before we head onto Manchester. I live about 25 minutes away from Cannock so drive to the pick up point but yeh I used to do what @Sandikan suggested. Get a hotel, stay the night and drive down the following day but the costs all add up!

robinrooney

Anyone got a link to when the away ballots open? I like to add them to my calendar just in case the texts don't come through.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Back on topic - If anyone wants the Wolves game off me in September then give me a shout. The same with Any Champions League games when the draw is made.

vulmik

Any regular matchgoers able to tell me whether it's easier to get tickets to an away game via a Man Utd membership or a membership for the opposing (home) team? I don't really want to take out a West Ham United membership but if it means I get tickets to the game then so be it. Not really fussed where I sit either. I'll be in the UK in September/October.

JMack1234

Spurs tickets are on general sale right now if anybody is interested.

JB7

Any regular matchgoers able to tell me whether it's easier to get tickets to an away game via a Man Utd membership or a membership for the opposing (home) team? I don't really want to take out a West Ham United membership but if it means I get tickets to the game then so be it. Not really fussed where I sit either. I'll be in the UK in September/October.
Yes, unless you are willing to pay tout prices to be in the away end then your only option is to get tickets through West Ham and watch with their supporters.

saivet

I got a ticket in the West Ham end when we played them a couple of years ago and I didn't even have a membership. Their tickets are pricey though.

rotherham_red

Just made my application for Brighton away, and noticed that the Champions League games were available on the ticketing site, so just a heads up for everyone...

Parma Dewol

Anyone know when the season ticket packs are being sent out?
No exact date, but this is what the club says: "As we look forward to the start of the new season, we'd like to let you know that your Season Ticket will be delivered to you no later than 1 week before the start of the season. We look forward to welcoming you to Old Trafford for the first home game against Leicester."

Dolf

Could anyone tell me what the cheapest way is to get tickets for Arsenal - City on august 12th. If it isn't sold out already...

rotherham_red

Anyone know when the season ticket packs are being sent out?
I was at the Ticketing and Membership services office today, while on the museum tour with my nephews and niece, to check on when my ST would be sent and the person told me that Membership packs haven't yet been sent out either and that it they should start to be sent this coming week.

We could be looking at them coming through really close to the line, especially with us starting on Friday instead of the usual Saturday.