All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

robinrooney

I was at the Ticketing and Membership services office today, while on the museum tour with my nephews and niece, to check on when my ST would be sent and the person told me that Membership packs haven't yet been sent out either and that it they should start to be sent this coming week.

We could be looking at them coming through really close to the line, especially with us starting on Friday instead of the usual Saturday.
Right, so they get everyone to renew extra early this year but are still potentially going to have thousands of fans without their cards to gain access to the 1st game due to their incompetence. Brilliant.

JK-27

Can anyone explain why Official members are not allowed to apply for domestic away game tickets, but can apply for European away games, and buy home game tickets?

Seems odd that every type of member (ST, Exec, and OM's with special access requirements) can apply for a domestic away game except an Official Members.

JipJap Stam

Can anyone explain why Official members are not allowed to apply for domestic away game tickets, but can apply for European away games, and buy home game tickets?

Seems odd that every type of member (ST, Exec, and OM's with special access requirements) can apply for a domestic away game except an Official Members.

Because isn't exactly fair on season ticket holders that fork out a fortune every season and then have to wait 3 years to have the privilege to apply for away games , that's why you cant apply for away games . If you want to then try get a season ticket and go through the same process as the rest of us

JipJap Stam

Has anybody received a text or confirmation of ballot results for Brighton away? Thanks

robinrooney

I expect it is because they are massively over subscribed they have to keep the numbers down somehow.

RameezCPT

Good day All,

Newbie from Cape Town South Africa. Will be up in the Uk for the first time in October - which conincides with the United v Magpies game at OT (6 Oct). I registered as member on the united website, but seems that tickets are "Sold out" already:( - i registered interest for any future ticket releases, so holding thumbs that i can get a ticket:)

Couple of questions:
Is this the best way to go about purchasing tickets (just need the 1 for myself);
Which stands/seats would you recommend?
What other options do i have in trying to purchase tickets?
How often are tickets released? I assume its a phased approach.
your Opinions on Stubhub? - Prices seem inflated tho.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Rameez

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

oldhand

The ballot for Brighton has still not started yet, just phoned. Had a great overnight trip there in May, football had better improve this time.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Season ticket holders obviously get priority; then it goes down to members applying for the tickets which you have already done, you could come to Old Trafford on the day and see if there are any spare or returned tickets at the ticket office(north-west corner, opposite Stretford end and SAF Stand, big MUFC badge on the window).

I would stay away from Stubhub, Ticketmaster and things like that; tickets for PL match days range from £38 to around £60 for a standard adult ticket depending on where the seat is.

the only other way is ticket touts, but if you get caught then you may be refused entry, touting isn't allowed so you need to be careful; go through the main channels.

if you need anymore info, just ring the ticket office +44 161 868 8000
Reply posted in the newbie thread.

oldhand

Good day All,

Newbie from Cape Town South Africa. Will be up in the Uk for the first time in October - which conincides with the United v Magpies game at OT (6 Oct). I registered as member on the united website, but seems that tickets are "Sold out" already:( - i registered interest for any future ticket releases, so holding thumbs that i can get a ticket:)

Couple of questions:
Is this the best way to go about purchasing tickets (just need the 1 for myself);
Which stands/seats would you recommend?
What other options do i have in trying to purchase tickets?
How often are tickets released? I assume its a phased approach.
your Opinions on Stubhub? - Prices seem inflated tho.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Rameez
I might have a few spares this season since i now have both execs and season cards. They are all in NE quad above J stand. Of course for any match the date can vary from fri evening to mon ev due to TV which is only published till September at present.

rotherham_red

Has anybody received a text or confirmation of ballot results for Brighton away? Thanks
Just checked with on the UWS forum and one of the guys there who is on the fans committee just told me that the ballot has just started, hence the delay.

EDIT - Just checked my account and I was successful for Brighton away.

Last edited:

rotherham_red

Btw has anyone received their ST pack yet? Not received anything just yet, will wait til Monday and if I don't get anything I'll give the ticketing office a call.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Could you imagine how irate you'd feel if you hold a long time season ticket / exec ticket, that you're shelling out a minimum of £500 a season for (right into the multiple £1,000s for the exec), and going to loads of games with all that expense, if some guy just rocks in, pays his £32 for membership, and gets In in front of you!?

Robbo*

Could you imagine how irate you'd feel if you hold a long time season ticket / exec ticket, that you're shelling out a minimum of £500 a season for (right into the multiple £1,000s for the exec), and going to loads of games with all that expense, if some guy just rocks in, pays his £32 for membership, and gets In in front of you!?
Agreed - it's never going to happen I don't think, which is a shame in some ways but, as you say, makes the most sense!

Inter Yer Nan

Anyone going to the Milan game next Wednesday? I'm just having a look on the prices and they are steep when you factor in the fee's. $80 for standing in general admission and about $150 for a decent seat.

andygod

I have received tickets to the Leicester game. Does anyone know if they will release a special train back to LDN post game? Thanks!

Kidders

I have received tickets to the Leicester game. Does anyone know if they will release a special train back to LDN post game? Thanks!
They don't and won't, I have written to Virgin who run the most direct service, and the premier league and FA about re-scheduling games that make train travel impossible, they're not interested.
Virgin claim to monitor demand ? While the PL and FA blame the TV companies.

The alternative is to amuse yourself until 05.15 Saturday morning, it's not actually that hard to do !

andygod

They don't and won't, I have written to Virgin who run the most direct service, and the premier league and FA about re-scheduling games that make train travel impossible, they're not interested.
Virgin claim to monitor demand ? While the PL and FA blame the TV companies.

The alternative is to amuse yourself until 05.15 Saturday morning, it's not actually that hard to do !
Thanks mate! Have to give up the tickets then.

Too much of a hassle to rush in on a Friday evening and then spend extra on a hotel for the first game. Also from the looks of it, most of the stars will be sitting out for this.

oldhand

Anyone who has an issue like that let us know. Tried to buy some tickets for that game today at the TO but couldn’t.
I have 2 spares on season cards in ne quad for Leicester, I will be nearby in the same area above j stand.

klayton88

I'll be looking to take my gf to her first ever football match this season. If anybody has 2 home spares to any game (must be a sat/sun) I'll happily take them from you. Just PM me as and when they become available. Thanks

ZupZup

Got my season ticket this morning... came with a bottle opener, a pen, a pin badge... no vouchers for matchday food/beverage discounts though.

rotherham_red

Got my season ticket this morning... came with a bottle opener, a pen, a pin badge... no vouchers for matchday food/beverage discounts though.
Finally! Took them long enough, though it is strange there's no vouchers. That's usually a given.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Finally! Took them long enough, though it is strange there's no vouchers. That's usually a given.
Very skimpy on vouchers indeed. Just the free year book.

I wonder if it's because they started doing those half price drinks before a certain time at the end of the season. In effect made the vouchers pointless.

Used to have straight forward free stuff tho so it is a little tight

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Very skimpy on vouchers indeed. Just the free year book.

I wonder if it's because they started doing those half price drinks before a certain time at the end of the season. In effect made the vouchers pointless.

Used to have straight forward free stuff tho so it is a little tight
Probably. Couldn’t use the vouchers within one hour of kick of last season I was told so I didn’t bother with them after that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Probably. Couldn’t use the vouchers within one hour of kick of last season I was told so I didn’t bother with them after that.
In fairness, all I found was that I ended up buying a pal a drink, which he let me do as I had "vouchers", meaning I ended up paying more out than I would have anyway (comfy with not buying anything a game ) :lol:

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
Pin badge missing! Hardly used the vouchers because I never get in the ground in time to use them!!

JonSlu

I've been swindled.
Yep, you have been. A few years ago it said on each voucher it had to be either at least half an hour or an hour before kick off (can't remember) but they changed it either last season or the season before so that you could use them anytime before kick off but not half time. I still used mine at half time! Shame because none of my family or friends can't be bothered with them so I start the season with ten sets!

I think they have offers on for before an hour before kick off but who, besides tourists, would want to get there that early? I'm not interested in watching the team warm up or some kids having a kick about. I'd rather be in the pub or, in the case of a 12pm kick off, in bed.

redchamp

Anyone else having trouble lately logging into the online ticket portal to apply for aways? Or is it just me