All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

GeorgieBoy

So we'll get 9k for Arsenal in the cup?
How many people do you reckon will apply for this?
Cheers.

JipJap Stam

So we'll get 9k for Arsenal in the cup?
How many people do you reckon will apply for this?
Cheers.
Doubt we will get the full 15% of allocation prob end up getting 6-7k and I can see this being oversubscribed as usual so fingers crossed

JipJap Stam

Anyone know why the Arsenal application has been taken off the website?

Last edited by a moderator:

mufcneville

Looking for an early spare arsenal away (FA CUP) - flights were extremely cheap so going either way.

Please let me know if anyone has a spare ticket. Will be compensated. Deluxe.

oldhand

Good run on away tickets for me
Got PSG on 11 credits ( expected), my r 8th consecutive euro away
Got Fulham in ballot yesterday
got Leicester last week
Already had Spurs
Makes up for last season with 10 consecutive chubbings and a lot of beggings

rotherham_red

Good run on away tickets for me
Got PSG on 11 credits ( expected), my r 8th consecutive euro away
Got Fulham in ballot yesterday
got Leicester last week
Already had Spurs
Makes up for last season with 10 consecutive chubbings and a lot of beggings
My luck's turned the other way - Had 2 consecutive chubbings for PSG (expected) and Fulham, after a run from Watford to Leicester all being successful.

Ah well, can't complain :)

amps

Sorry if I'm posting in the incorrect place but I'm wondering if anyone has any idea about the derby scheduled for 16th of March at 3pm.

Is this more than likely due to be switched to the Sunday 17th? (or any idea as to when we will find out?)

AndersonHatTrick

Sorry if I'm posting in the incorrect place but I'm wondering if anyone has any idea about the derby scheduled for 16th of March at 3pm.

Is this more than likely due to be switched to the Sunday 17th? (or any idea as to when we will find out?)
The FA Cup Quarter Finals will be on the weekend of Saturday 16th March, according to the FA website.

So if either United or City make it to the Quarters, the United v City PL fixture would be on a different date entirely.

Even if by some small chance both City and United get knocked out of the FA Cup before the QFs, then the fixture will almost certainly be televised which means Saturday 17th 12.30 or 17.30, or one of the Sunday KOs.

Irrational.

Can someone please define the term 'chubbed'?

I had a look on Urban Dictionary and it appears I may have the wrong end of the stick.

TIA.

Decade long lurker

I had a look on Urban Dictionary and it appears I may have the wrong end of the stick.

TIA.
Chubb are a company that makes security locks. So Chubbed in ballot = locked out of ballot. That’s what I always took it to mean

Cpt Negative

TIA.
I understood there to be a gentlemen who worked in the ticket office who’s surname was Chubb a long time ago

Could be utter bollocks though

Heinzesight

TIA.
Up until the late 00’s your ‘unsuccessful in the ballot’ email was always signed off by A.Chubb...I think it was Arthur.

Irrational.

Chubb are a company that makes security locks. So Chubbed in ballot = locked out of ballot. That’s what I always took it to mean
I understood there to be a gentlemen who worked in the ticket office who’s surname was Chubb a long time ago

Could be utter bollocks though
Up until the late 00’s your ‘unsuccessful in the ballot’ email was always signed off by A.Chubb...I think it was Arthur.
Thanks for the responses, that makes much more sense. :D

I presume this term is only utilised by United fans then.

oldhand

My luck's turned the other way - Had 2 consecutive chubbings for PSG (expected) and Fulham, after a run from Watford to Leicester all being successful.

Ah well, can't complain :)
A pretty long run, but you get better odds than most, even than me with execs, Fulham had 9.5k apps, always a popular trip as was demand for PSG you need to have been to a good few aways to get on 1st ballot. Between mate and me, we share on 2 execs each and have had all but Watford and Chelsea, he got Bournemouth City and Liverpool, the most difficult ones, we both got a match a couple of times.

Cpt Negative

any word on the Arsenal away (cup pricing). Want to go but dont really fancy paying £60+ a ticket

rotherham_red

A pretty long run, but you get better odds than most, even than me with execs, Fulham had 9.5k apps, always a popular trip as was demand for PSG you need to have been to a good few aways to get on 1st ballot. Between mate and me, we share on 2 execs each and have had all but Watford and Chelsea, he got Bournemouth City and Liverpool, the most difficult ones, we both got a match a couple of times.
Yeah, absolutely re my chances of getting tickets to away games, but it still doesn't stop some MUDSA members from complaining, believe it or not.

Got a decent run there yourself mate. Didn't realise Bournemouth was a difficult place to get tickets for though. I thought it would be one of the easier ones with how far away it was and especially considering the kick off time this season.

It's not the fairest system in the world with the way we do the ballots, but I genuinely can't think of a better one, considering the size of our support and the fact we still have that loyalty pot.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Those who got knocked back for PSG away - in the ballot email, when you click on the link to be on the "last-minute returns list", does it take you to a website which says Young Boys at the top? Bunch of clowns our ticket office...

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Interested in 1 or 2 tickets for Spurs away on the 13th.

Also interested in 1 or 2 tickets for the FA cup tie against Arsenal.

Both in the United / away section.

Thanks!
Shameless repost - still looking!

I would also be interested in 2 or 3 tickets for the Southampton match at home.

Cheers! :D

Last edited:

ZupZup

any word on the Arsenal away (cup pricing). Want to go but dont really fancy paying £60+ a ticket
I haven't heard anything yet and I want to know for the same reason...

I asked a mate who is an Arsenal ST holder and thinks the match will be a category A... so yep, £60+

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Do you need to be a ST holder to apply for FA Cup away tickets? Arsenal I'm talking about but also just FA cup in general.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
2nd leg, away match. First leg would be a bit difficult since I am in a different country. :(
If you mean a ticket in the away end, you have to collect your ticket in the away city and you're ID'ed on collection, so realistically you can't buy away tickets. You need to earn the credits yourself.

oldhand

Yeah, absolutely re my chances of getting tickets to away games, but it still doesn't stop some MUDSA members from complaining, believe it or not.

Got a decent run there yourself mate. Didn't realise Bournemouth was a difficult place to get tickets for though. I thought it would be one of the easier ones with how far away it was and especially considering the kick off time this season.

It's not the fairest system in the world with the way we do the ballots, but I genuinely can't think of a better one, considering the size of our support and the fact we still have that loyalty pot.
Issue with Bournemouth is only 1300 tickets so LP takes a bigger %age as well. Direct train from Manchester as well or via Euston.

coolredwine

lameredboots
If you mean a ticket in the away end, you have to collect your ticket in the away city and you're ID'ed on collection, so realistically you can't buy away tickets. You need to earn the credits yourself.
:(

I have anyway registered myself in the last minute list (available for last minute tickets and ready travel at the last minute), so let's see.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Didn't know this, cheers.

Can you confirm if this also applies to domestic away games?

A friend of mine is a season ticket holder, and I'm trying to get a ticket in the away end for the Arsenal FA Cup match under his name.

ZupZup

Didn't know this, cheers.

Can you confirm if this also applies to domestic away games?

A friend of mine is a season ticket holder, and I'm trying to get a ticket in the away end for the Arsenal FA Cup match under his name.
That should work... although there is a small chance they will ask him to collect the ticket with ID as they do random collections. In that case, he would either have to travel and collect the ticket in person or cancel it.

ZupZup

I have anyway registered myself in the last minute list (available for last minute tickets and ready travel at the last minute), so let's see.
If you are quite close to Paris... I would suggest ringing the ticket office on the morning of the match to ask if they have any returns as you missed out in the ballots and are already in Paris. They may not have any, but it has to be worth a try.

Red00012

How many credits do you have? The official line is that it’s random out going calls but i reckon they’ll start at 9 and make their way down.

thedano

after 1 or 2 for the Arsenal FA cup game on the Friday night?

Thanks

Red00012

If you are quite close to Paris... I would suggest ringing the ticket office on the morning of the match to ask if they have any returns as you missed out in the ballots and are already in Paris. They may not have any, but it has to be worth a try.
I was in Valencia and my buddy had no ticket i collected mine and asked if there was any not collected could he take one , I was told any tickets not collected stay not collected.

ZupZup

I was in Valencia and my buddy had no ticket i collected mine and asked if there was any not collected could he take one , I was told any tickets not collected stay not collected.
That's a different scenario though and I am not talking about tickets that just haven't been collected. Was your mate even in the original ballot for Valencia?

It's possible someone with a ticket might contact the club on the day of the match, or the day before to return their ticket which is different. In that instance, the club can give that ticket to anyone else who were in the ballot. Now they would generally make outbound calls at random to get rid of that ticket but that's not so easy at such short notice. If he were to contact them on match day and explain that he was in the original ballot and is in Paris already, he could end up lucky and they might sell him a returned ticket if they have one.