All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Red00012

Hey guys, I've never bought tickets before and I'm moving to Manchester next week (yay) so I was wondering how to go about getting tickets versus Barca? Like when do they go on sale, and where is the best place to buy from? Thanks!
Are you a member ? If so you can apply in the ballot for a ticket.

Red00012

So I can’t go to the home. Just bought flights to the away game. Wondering if anyone would be willing to trade a pair (long shot). I’m a ST holder but been fobbed off to every Euro away so far.

Also any ideas how to just buy Home tickets officially?
How have you been fobbed off ?
You either have enough credits for the game or you don’t ?
Am I missing something ?

Andy_Cole

How have you been fobbed off ?
You either have enough credits for the game or you don’t ?
Am I missing something ?
I have enough credits to apply but it’s on a lottery isn’t it.

Edit: you’re right. I’ve been rejected as I don’t have enough credits. Hopefully next season I’ll start getting games!

Last edited:

kolli

does somebody know when the result of the Champions League Ballots will be released? Applied for both Barcelona home and away

What are the chances to get tickets for an European away game of this size?

Red00012

does somebody know when the result of the Champions League Ballots will be released? Applied for both Barcelona home and away

What are the chances to get tickets for an European away game of this size?
Away game - Tuesday
If you have 5 or more credits you’re ok
Possibly will drop to 4

Home game Tuesday week
Needle in a haystack

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
On the Thomas Cook package for the away to Barcelona, it doesn't actually seem to be clear on whether you can just bundle in, whop the money over and you're in.
Or whether you'd have to have some sort of credits etc?

Anyone know for sure?

Robbo*

Co
On the Thomas Cook package for the away to Barcelona, it doesn't actually seem to be clear on whether you can just bundle in, whop the money over and you're in.
Or whether you'd have to have some sort of credits etc?

Anyone know for sure?
It’s a combination of both - they have a fixed number of tickets as part of their package and they are taken up in order of credits. Since more people usually want to stay longer/make their own travel plans the number of credits required for Thomas Cook is often less than tickets allocated otherwise.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Co

It’s a combination of both - they have a fixed number of tickets as part of their package and they are taken up in order of credits. Since more people usually want to stay longer/make their own travel plans the number of credits required for Thomas Cook is often less than tickets allocated otherwise.
It's a lot of money, about £300, and I'm not sure that actually includes the ticket!
Probably wouldn't do it myself but it's interesting to hear it still follows some sort of priority order.

Andy_Cole

It's a lot of money, about £300, and I'm not sure that actually includes the ticket!
Probably wouldn't do it myself but it's interesting to hear it still follows some sort of priority order.
It’s not bad considering flight costs have sky rocketed. Ticket will be £80 I think.

TheHeya

Just had a quick look at the Thomas cook package for the second leg. Paying the £299 now for flights does it actually guarantee you a Ticket? What if you pay now for the flight and don’t get a ticket?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just had a quick look at the Thomas cook package for the second leg. Paying the £299 now for flights does it actually guarantee you a Ticket? What if you pay now for the flight and don’t get a ticket?
There's fairly similar questioning about 5 posts above

TheHeya

There's fairly similar questioning about 5 posts above
Appreciate that but I still do not understand. If I pay the £299 now and then will I get an email closer to the time asking me to pay the £80 match ticket?

rotherham_red

That away end last night was the worst I've ever experienced, certainly in the same ball park as Spurs in the league at Wembley last season. To think I started that day in high hopes after the ballot numbers were released.

daveoliver91

Hi all,

Still looking for x2 tickets (or x2 and 1) for the United game vs Barcelona.
If anyone has some available, please let me know :)

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Ballot delayed as no agreements on price or the allocation yet. £80 is standard for euro aways in Spain so anything lower be good, as well as a few extra thousand please :D

Also, Watford? Any one have any singles?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
These random (seemingly reliable) websites that are selling tickets for United-Barca, how do they gain these tickets?

Like I assumed the only place you could buy tickets for games were from United themselves?

Red00012

These random (seemingly reliable) websites that are selling tickets for United-Barca, how do they gain these tickets?

Like I assumed the only place you could buy tickets for games were from United themselves?
Some people buy multiple season tickets for games like these where they will get half the cost of the season ticket in one game.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Some people buy multiple season tickets for games like these where they will get half the cost of the season ticket in one game.
Bastards. I see. In terms of value for money and view of game - where’s the best area of Old Trafford to buy a ticket for?

ASHTON-RED

Has anyone had money taken for the Barca home game yet? Email said it would be yesterday or today?

cbmufc

Bastards. I see. In terms of value for money and view of game - where’s the best area of Old Trafford to buy a ticket for?
If your shelling out I’d personally go for lower tier behind the goal, far back. Personally K is better atmosphere but then you’re stuck next to the Spanish so maybe Stretford End. Failing that Stretford end, tier 2 low down.

It’s hard to know what value for money is though given I don’t know what the robbing chancers on the internet are charging. Frankly mate if your looking at £300 minimum it’s a bit silly really.

Barca away ballot underway.

Last edited by a moderator:

cbmufc

Barca away ballot has been done.

Chubbed. Shame really, I’m there Thursday - Sunday for my stag anyway! Would have stayed on.
You sure? Been told it’s gone right down. I’ve not had a chubbing yet

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Barca away ballot has been done.

Chubbed. Shame really, I’m there Thursday - Sunday for my stag anyway! Would have stayed on.
Thomas Cook have reopened applications for people who were chubbed in the ballot, it's £299 for direct flights in the morning of the game and then a flight straight after the game.
It's only open to people who were unsuccessful in the United ballot though.