All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surprised the Thomas Cook type packages don't sit outside of ticket hierarchies and suchlike. After all it's a corporate deal, and you can just cruise into whatever big game through them at home. Surely that's why you pay the whopping premium? Obvs not though.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
I bought flights separately. Would’ve just sacrificed them and cancelled the flight if I succeeded for the Thomas Cook package. Obviously keeping them now and will find a ticket in the Barca end now. Or maybe I’ll get lucky and get a return on Monday.
How many credits you got? I reckon there will be quite a few returns for this.

What are the odds of getting a home ticket through the ballot?
Probably about 1/10, maybe a bit more if applying for just a single.

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

Long shot but if anyone has 1 spare for Barca at home PM me please. I have 2 season tickets but a mate is looking to go with us. If anyone can help, I'd give my 2 seats for a big game next season FOR FREE

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
Looking for 4 tickets for the West Ham game on 13th April if anyone's in a position to help. 4 together would be ideal but I know that's not likely. Two pairs would be great. Preferably in the Stretford End but we're not in a position to be fussy.

JP04

Does anyone know when the Manchester City ballot will take place?

cbmufc

Second ballot for Barcelona Away underway, just got 2. I think the home leg is due today as well.

Good luck all, going to be an expensive trip this looking at flights.

Evans999

Second ballot for Barcelona Away underway, just got 2. I think the home leg is due today as well.

Good luck all, going to be an expensive trip this looking at flights.
Still not booked flights, Hoping they get cheaper.

My brother who's a member got on the away but chubbed for the home leg.

Gudderz1

Today mate, ring up. I’ve had two in a row chubbed for both legs. Bloody class

Anyone want Wolves away for a home leg haha?
My first time entering a ballot, no money taken and no email/text, does this mean unsuccessful?

Red00012

Today mate, ring up. I’ve had two in a row chubbed for both legs. Bloody class

Anyone want Wolves away for a home leg haha?
You can’t have expected to get Barca away with one credit in the beginning is the most positive way to think ! I was at the cup game not going back there again.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
You can’t have expected to get Barca away with one credit in the beginning is the most positive way to think ! I was at the cup game not going back there again.
Honestly we only applied because we’re out there anyway, seen it happen before where people have ended up with tickets despite not having enough credits.

More than happy to spend my money drinking in the sun the week before!

GoalsGetGirls

Emails are out for Barca home, not successful myself. Hope some of you guys/girls got lucky.

SnowRoll

Just got this email: :(

Thank you for your ticket application for our UEFA Champions League Quarter Final home game against FC Barcelona.

The ballot has now taken place and unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. We received over 41,000 applications and unfortunately we are unable to accommodate all supporters.

If any further tickets are made available closer to the date of the game, these will be on sale exclusively online to Official Members online

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I'm buying a ticket for the Barca match.

I can get "West Stand Tier 2" for £375 plus fees or I can "Stretford End Tier 1" for £438 plus fees.

I want to be in the heart of the atmosphere. Anyone got any recommendations/thoughts?

Cheers.

Cpt Negative

I can get "West Stand Tier 2" for £375 plus fees or I can "Stretford End Tier 1" for £438 plus fees.

I want to be in the heart of the atmosphere. Anyone got any recommendations/thoughts?

Cheers.

West stand tier 2 out of both options. In fact, west stand tier 2 out of any where in the stadium.

They are silly prices though

Red00012

Cheers.
That is crazy. Pull yourself aside and watch it in your local for that price, or else walk down to stadium 20/30 mins before the game you’ll get it for half the price.

willhse456

Cheers.
West Stand and Stretford End is the same stand! I wouldn't go for it at those prices, crazy. They even have the nerve to add "fees" onto the end of that, whatever that entails.

Andy_Cole

Cheers.
Where are you buying from?

Andy_Cole

I fancy your chances.
Didn’t end up getting. Called up and they said the 2nd ballot wasn’t on credits, just lottery. Which I don’t think is fair! Pretty gutted, hopefully something works out as I’m definitely flying out. A bit nervous though.

KingMinger22

Where are you buying from?
Live Footy Tickets website.

I'm flying in from Chicago so I'm definitely not going to watch it in a pub!

I haven't been to a match at OT in years now so I am ready to overpay.

Obviously, if anyone has suggestions how I can get a ticket cheaper please do let me know.

KingMinger22

To people think I'm better off going with touts on match day then?

Bearing in mind I'm paying top whack and trecking 3000 miles just to get there...

ZupZup

The club would never do it, but they really should give credits to fans who attend the CL group matches so they have a better chance of getting a ticket in the ballot for matches in the latter stages like this. There will be fans/members who went to the home matches against Valencia and Young Boys who deserve a ticket for Barca but will have missed out. It all seems a bit unfair.

cbmufc

The club would never do it, but they really should give credits to fans who attend the CL group matches so they have a better chance of getting a ticket in the ballot for matches in the latter stages like this. There will be fans/members who went to the home matches against Valencia and Young Boys who deserve a ticket for Barca but will have missed out. It all seems a bit unfair.
The clubs whole ticketing for members is poor in my opinion. Putting all tickets up in June, the seemingly random dump of tickets on the site and the lack of any "loyalty". I get we are a big club and have loads of people travelling from afar to watch United which is great, but they need to introduce a points scheme or something. I don't know of any other club that doesn't differentiate between members, but United don't because all they care is about is marketing to the masses and shifting as many memberships as possible.

A cup scheme like you suggest is a good idea, but something as simple as "supporters who have at least X games from the previous seasons can apply" or just give credits similar to Euro aways and work down. Lads who take tickets off the club for games they can't shift should then in turn have a better chance of the more "glamorous" games. In terms of overseas fans, maybe set aside an International Pool?

Again, I'm not sure how the dynamics would work but there has to be a better way than this? 41 thousand applications is a joke, where was the 41k apps for other games? Would Porto at home have had 41k applications?

Also, the new Euro Credit system makes its very difficult to get on the ladder and rewards those who applied last year just to credit accumulate but not go. The club have clamped down on this now but it makes it difficult to get on.

Talking of which, I've not been away in Europe and had to navigate this collection protocol. Do we need to have our membership cards? Presumably a passport will suffice?

ZupZup

Talking of which, I've not been away in Europe and had to navigate this collection protocol. Do we need to have our membership cards? Presumably a passport will suffice?
Yeah, passport is fine... they just need a legit photo ID and the collection point will often be a hotel or somewhere not far from the stadium.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Failed in the barca ballot, can never get tickets these days.

If anyone has 2 tickets available please pm.

Andy_Cole

Looks like I'm going to Barca! Not through United though. I've managed to swap Barca home plus 2 other Prem games (West Ham and Watford) for Barca away . So all in it's costing me £157 for a seat in the Nou Camp . Think that's a pretty good deal!

Edit: it’s in the home end.

Last edited:

TheHeya

Unsuccessful in both home and away legs vs Barca unsurprisingly. Any spares welcome

SnowRoll

A question regarding the ballots, for future reference;
Is there any advantage in choosing a specific price band on the drop-down list?
I usually opt for price bands A and B, but thinking maybe choosing 2 of the lower bands would actually increase my chances, as less people go for them?

cbmufc

Looks like I'm going to Barca! Not through United though. I've managed to swap Barca home plus 2 other Prem games (West Ham and Watford) for Barca away . So all in it's costing me £157 for a seat in the Nou Camp . Think that's a pretty good deal!
With an Exec? I'd be a little bit wary given the pick up requirement for aways.