All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Adam89

They are pal
Can I take them off your hands then please? Only just got an account on here (long time lurker) so not sure what the preferred route is to buying/selling spares - is paypal ok and I can post the card back after the match? I'm not in Manchester until the Friday before the game though but if you wouldn't mind posting that'd be grand. I'm based in N. Wales.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm looking for some advice guys.

My girlfriend has bought tickets for the stadium and museum tour with the meal for my birthday and I am buzzing for it. I am thinking though of trying to make a weekend of it, to try and get to a United game in the same weekend. I have signed up to the United website but I need to purchase a membership before being able to see about tickets being released and so on.

Is this the easiest way to get a hold of tickets for non-season ticket holders? Buying the membership and awaiting the ticket release? Or is there an easier way to go about it?

It's been ages since I have been to Old Trafford due to work and family commitments so I am unsure what may be the best way to go about it and any advice would be much appreciated.

Cantona's Collar

Looking for a pair of tickets for any 3pm Saturday kick off for the coming season. First one on the calendar is Crystal Palace so if anyone has a pair spare for that one could you give me a shout please?

Thanks muchly in advance.

ozinjusz

I have a ST that I’m looking to sell for 19/20. In the process of organising a wedding so was probably bit too optimistic when I purchased it.

North East Q, opted out of Europa and EFL (can ask to reopt (?) if needed), but home FA cup games included.

Qualify for away games but need to get them in the ballot (lowest in the rung).

If interested, please PM

LoneStar

Hey guys, I am looking for a ticket for the Crystal Palace game on the 24th this month. Any help/advice would be appreciated!

I called up the united office, and they told me I need to have a membership before I can buy tickets, is there any workaround to that?

Rio5

Hello, we are coming from Finland to Brighton game after few years break and the ticketing has changed totally since last visit. Would appreciate some help since its a bit confusing. Website says its sold out but also says something about future releases. Website also says there is more ticket releases planned for tomorrow, but no info to what games those tickets will be.

So if someone has any idea if there will be more ticket releases for Brighton game that would help us a lot. If there wont be any more official tickets what would be the best way to get tickets (2-3)? Found lot of sites online selling tickets online but no idea how reliable those are? Also if we buy tickets from some online shop do we still need to buy membership to get in to the game?

calcio

Looking for 4 tickets to Wolverhampton away or Crystal Palace home.

Cheshire Red

Supports
Wife and Kids
Hello, we are coming from Finland to Brighton game after few years break and the ticketing has changed totally since last visit. Would appreciate some help since its a bit confusing. Website says its sold out but also says something about future releases. Website also says there is more ticket releases planned for tomorrow, but no info to what games those tickets will be.

So if someone has any idea if there will be more ticket releases for Brighton game that would help us a lot. If there wont be any more official tickets what would be the best way to get tickets (2-3)? Found lot of sites online selling tickets online but no idea how reliable those are? Also if we buy tickets from some online shop do we still need to buy membership to get in to the game?
We use the Thomas Cook sport website. Hotel and match ticket packages for Brighton game £119.00

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Still trying to figure the tickets available to members out. I thought that most tickets had a set date which they were available in, however it seems that basically all home games (apart from the ones against the big 6) this year are already sold out. Is this just the way the site shows it or is it already too late to get any tickets for a match this year?

I'm looking at the list here, and I'm not a member yet so not logged in.

Also, what do you reckon the chances of getting a ticket to the Arsenal game would be with it being a Monday night? I could probably make it in time.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I'm looking for some advice guys.

My girlfriend has bought tickets for the stadium and museum tour with the meal for my birthday and I am buzzing for it. I am thinking though of trying to make a weekend of it, to try and get to a United game in the same weekend. I have signed up to the United website but I need to purchase a membership before being able to see about tickets being released and so on.

Is this the easiest way to get a hold of tickets for non-season ticket holders? Buying the membership and awaiting the ticket release? Or is there an easier way to go about it?

It's been ages since I have been to Old Trafford due to work and family commitments so I am unsure what may be the best way to go about it and any advice would be much appreciated.
Membership is the only official way to get a ticket

but there are often tickets floating around on here and also Twitter/Facebook groups but you do have to be a bit careful buying on there

PM me when you know what games you are thinking about - As a dedicated podcast listener I'll try to help you out !

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

No - but membership is the only official way to get a ticket. Those online shops are all unofficial and you do have to be a bit careful with them

Still trying to figure the tickets available to members out. I thought that most tickets had a set date which they were available in, however it seems that basically all home games (apart from the ones against the big 6) this year are already sold out. Is this just the way the site shows it or is it already too late to get any tickets for a match this year?

Also, what do you reckon the chances of getting a ticket to the Arsenal game would be with it being a Monday night? I could probably make it in time.
Basically a lot of tickets were sold at the start of the season but nearer the time of each match there are usually more tickets released - you just have to keep an eye on the website and be ready to pounce

Always worth asking on here for specific tickets as some are exchanged on here - just dont be silly and ask for away or big match tickets!

Sergio Biscuits

Agree with the post above - no need to buy from third party websites or Thomas Cook like some other person said for a match like Brighton (no disrespect, but there are just quite a few fairweather fans who are picky about opposition and dismiss teams like these even though they are exciting plus you are going to support our team anyway).

For every match of season apart from one or two matches you can get tickets just by ringing the ticket office easily. There should also be some more tickets available shortly after that match kickoff gets confirmed (16 September 2019) as it will probably move to Sunday or Monday since we play EL on Thursday the 7th. Call the ticket office many times till you get some and be proactive especially if you are chasing three. But you'll get them no problem!

Sergio Biscuits

"Sold out" like with any similar football tickets just means sold out of current allocation. This season they are dripping tickets in small batches to drum up sales of hospitality for the even smaller matches. But tickets largely remain the same as they will release larger batches and resales in the weeks leading up to the game. Best bet is always just to ring the ticket office and speak to someone.

For Arsenal, there will be so many returns from people just because it is a monday night. Similar to last season which was mid-week and it was p*** easy to get a ticket anywhere in the ground. Be prudent after the ballot if you are unsuccessful as usually 3-5 days after the ballot is conducted (Fri 6th Sept so the week after this) there will be lots of tickets available from then onwards.

Reactions: Rood

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Membership is the only official way to get a ticket

but there are often tickets floating around on here and also Twitter/Facebook groups but you do have to be a bit careful buying on there

PM me when you know what games you are thinking about - As a dedicated podcast listener I'll try to help you out !
Hiya mate,

Yeah I have looked at the membership thing and I suppose that is the only way to officially get a ticket which may be the only way forward. I'll give you a shout mate cheers :)

kelvmufc

Hi guys,

I am a new season ticket holder and i am looking to sell some tickets during the season. Just wondering how everyone does this? Do you post your card out to buyers and get them back? Any instances people dont send them back to you? and if so what do you do?

Also what is this friends and family thing on the official website? Does the club then get the money for selling a game?

Any information i appreciated.

Cheers

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No - but membership is the only official way to get a ticket. Those online shops are all unofficial and you do have to be a bit careful with them

Basically a lot of tickets were sold at the start of the season but nearer the time of each match there are usually more tickets released - you just have to keep an eye on the website and be ready to pounce

Always worth asking on here for specific tickets as some are exchanged on here - just dont be silly and ask for away or big match tickets!
"Sold out" like with any similar football tickets just means sold out of current allocation. This season they are dripping tickets in small batches to drum up sales of hospitality for the even smaller matches. But tickets largely remain the same as they will release larger batches and resales in the weeks leading up to the game. Best bet is always just to ring the ticket office and speak to someone.

For Arsenal, there will be so many returns from people just because it is a monday night. Similar to last season which was mid-week and it was p*** easy to get a ticket anywhere in the ground. Be prudent after the ballot if you are unsuccessful as usually 3-5 days after the ballot is conducted (Fri 6th Sept so the week after this) there will be lots of tickets available from then onwards.
You two both seem to be pretty good with this, so what would be my odds of getting in for the United v Liverpool game in October if I bought a membership now and then applied for the match? Not sure when those games even go up for member sale or when you would get informed of if you got the match or not, but I'm guessing it's a few weeks before. It'd be a pretty big trip for me so I wouldn't really want to leave that much up to chance, but the hospitality packages just look expensive as feck even though they seem to be the only way to guarantee it (like $600 on boxofficeevents which I read was actually an authorised seller, unlike others like stubhub).

You two both seem to be pretty good with this, so what would be my odds of getting in for the United v Liverpool game in October if I bought a membership now and then applied for the match? Not sure when those games even go up for member sale or when you would get informed of if you got the match or not, but I'm guessing it's a few weeks before. It'd be a pretty big trip for me so I wouldn't really want to leave that much up to chance, but the hospitality packages just look expensive as feck even though they seem to be the only way to guarantee it (like $600 on boxofficeevents which I read was actually an authorised seller, unlike others like stubhub).
Odds aren't great but impossible to say, it's a ballot after all. You can just get lucky.

Ballot results for a game like Liverpool will come out around 4-5 weeks before the game. A Thomas Cook Sport package is way cheaper for you than boxofficeevents etc.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Odds aren't great but impossible to say, it's a ballot after all. You can just get lucky.

Ballot results for a game like Liverpool will come out around 4-5 weeks before the game. A Thomas Cook Sport package is way cheaper for you than boxofficeevents etc.
Thanks. Didn't know about the thomas cook packages, would've been good for sure with the hotels included but the liverpool game is sold out already! Only the family packages available where you need a child with you. Will keep looking though.

Rossi7

Want to also pick up on the ticket system for members.

I've signed up for the first time, and have found the whole thing quite opaque, the website doesn't seem to lay out exactly the pros/cons of membership, details on how the waves of ticket releases work etc. As a result, I'm a little puzzled as to the best strategy to pick up two tickets.

Basically, I would like to get two tickets to a home league game for me and my partner (not picky about the opposition). However, as I don't get to the city much, I would like these tickets to be good ones, not in the upper tiers.

Am I best signing her up as well, and then checking the website daily for tickets to released. Are there no alerts for members? This seems a pretty archaic and unclear system.

Apologies for the newbie post, as I'm sure these are ten a penny.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Want to also pick up on the ticket system for members.

I've signed up for the first time, and have found the whole thing quite opaque, the website doesn't seem to lay out exactly the pros/cons of membership, details on how the waves of ticket releases work etc. As a result, I'm a little puzzled as to the best strategy to pick up two tickets.

Basically, I would like to get two tickets to a home league game for me and my partner (not picky about the opposition). However, as I don't get to the city much, I would like these tickets to be good ones, not in the upper tiers.

Am I best signing her up as well, and then checking the website daily for tickets to released. Are there no alerts for members? This seems a pretty archaic and unclear system.

Apologies for the newbie post, as I'm sure these are ten a penny.
if you want 2 tickets then you need 2 memberships - they keep changing the system so its true that its not easy to work out for newbies

People do sometimes post on here when more tickets are released so keep an eye on the thread and then its worth calling the ticket office now and then to get the latest info

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
1st ever away on Monday night. Any tips on what to do/not to do etc? Where do United fans normally drink/hang around at Wolves?

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Two available for Palace on the 24th of August. Drop me a PM if interested.

EDIT: sold.

Last edited:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Looking for a ticket for the Leicester game . If anyone is looking to shift theirs then please let me know.

Jordi

Also in need of a single for Leicester. I’m a ST holder but have another mate visiting, can sort someone out with future tickets if you can sort me out for this one. Ta

Decade long lurker

Hi guys,

I am a new season ticket holder and i am looking to sell some tickets during the season. Just wondering how everyone does this? Do you post your card out to buyers and get them back? Any instances people dont send them back to you? and if so what do you do?

Also what is this friends and family thing on the official website? Does the club then get the money for selling a game?

Cheers
The family/friends thing means you’re allowed pass on your ST to family and friends but you’re not supposed to accept money in exchange for your ST. In regards to selling on your ST when not in use. That’s a tough one. I don’t trust FB/Twitter. I’ve built up a network over the years. So WhatsApp/viber groups are the way. People you grow to trust. It takes time. Stick with it. Learn as you go.

GlasgowRedz

Hi guys,

Cheers
This a single ticket or a pair?

redchamp

1st ever away on Monday night. Any tips on what to do/not to do etc? Where do United fans normally drink/hang around at Wolves?
Sing your heart out, don't constantly be filming things or taking pictures. But above all, just enjoy it. There's nothing quite like United's away fans

In terms of pubs, Bluebrick is your best bet - that's where I ended up before the cup game last season