All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

TheRedDevil2019

The tier 2 in East/West Stand are imo the best parts to sit in the ground. You have a superb view of the pitch, where you have a clear view of everything occurring in the game. (Very intriguing watching the movements of certain players etc) and the atmosphere is far better in these two sections then both the south and north stand.

If you don't mind a decent walk up the stairs I'd highly recommend these two sections E334-36, W3104-06. The pitch is much closer to the eye then you'd expect in the upper parts of those 2 stands. The one to avoid would be tier 3 in the north stand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rood

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
The tier 2 in East/West Stand are imo the best parts to sit in the ground. You have a superb view of the pitch, where you have a clear view of everything occurring in the game. (Very intriguing watching the movements of certain players etc) and the atmosphere is far better in these two sections then both the south and north stand.

If you don't mind a decent walk up the stairs I'd highly recommend these two sections E334-36, W3104-06. The pitch is much closer to the eye then you'd expect in the upper parts of those 2 stands. The one to avoid would be tier 3 in the north stand.
You do get a slightly restricted view at the top of the Stretford End due to the sloping roof - good atmosphere though

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Hi guys,

I am a new season ticket holder and i am looking to sell some tickets during the season. Just wondering how everyone does this? Do you post your card out to buyers and get them back? Any instances people dont send them back to you? and if so what do you do?

Also what is this friends and family thing on the official website? Does the club then get the money for selling a game?

Any information i appreciated.

Cheers
Officially you are only supposed to give your tickets to friends and family and not sell them to randoms on the internet, they do checks now and again and people have had tickets taken off then

If you dont know someone then ask them for a deposit (say £10/ticket) which is returned when you get the cards back - to be honest, it is not that easy nowadays and the club really need to sort out an official ticket exchange

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Looking for 2x tickets for any home game, excluding evening KOs. My other valve's eyesight is awful so preferably not in the heavens, and not behind the goal.

Mrs wants to get me a birthday present based around my interests :wenger:

Ceased my membership when my daughter was born to ensure money was reserved for the right things. Also got fed up of them mass selling to the worldwide market by 1st of August. So many home games used to go to Ballot! Fulham under Fergie in his last season was a ballot - just in case someone is wondering why I've gone down this route.

RedDevilRoshi

Hoping someone would be kind of enough to help with the below enquiry or if it is best to get in touch with the ticket office.

I bought X2 tickets for the Burnley game in January for me and my dad. Both games have been added to our membership cards. However my dad now cannot make it and my little brother would like to go now instead. Just wondering if my brother would be able to use my dad’s membership card in his place or is security at the turnstiles extremely strict that he would need to get a paper ticket as a replacement in order to gain entry into the stadium? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers

corno_mufc

Hoping someone would be kind of enough to help with the below enquiry or if it is best to get in touch with the ticket office.

I bought X2 tickets for the Burnley game in January for me and my dad. Both games have been added to our membership cards. However my dad now cannot make it and my little brother would like to go now instead. Just wondering if my brother would be able to use my dad’s membership card in his place or is security at the turnstiles extremely strict that he would need to get a paper ticket as a replacement in order to gain entry into the stadium? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers
Officially no, membership cards are not transferable.

Reality, they can do ID checks on the turnstile, but these are few and far between.

corno_mufc

So in that case, will he need to get a paper ticket for that designated seat?
They generally don't print tickets for no reason. (To stop them being passed on).

And if you say card lost or not with you, they ask you to go ticket office with ID to get a printed one instead, again to stop being passed on.

The only official way is to get another membership and transfer the ticket onto it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Do what @corno_mufc says for safety, but you'd be pretty unlucky to get ID'd at the turnstile. I've never seen it happen, and probably average 9-10 games a season.

RedDevilRoshi

They generally don't print tickets for no reason. (To stop them being passed on).

And if you say card lost or not with you, they ask you to go ticket office with ID to get a printed one instead, again to stop being passed on.

The only official way is to get another membership and transfer the ticket onto it.
Do what @corno_mufc says for safety, but you'd be pretty unlucky to get ID'd at the turnstile. I've never seen it happen, and probably average 9-10 games a season.

Cheers guys! Really appreciate it! I’ll probably just buy him a membership and transfer the ticket from my dad’s onto his. Just save the hassle and best to be on the safe side if we were to be ID’d at the turnstile.

Thank you again! :)

MataFanatic

When is the Europa League draw and when can we expect the fixtures for the EL to be announced? Love me a bit of Thursday nights at OT :wenger:

always_hoping

When is the Europa League draw and when can we expect the fixtures for the EL to be announced? Love me a bit of Thursday nights at OT :wenger:
August 30th will be the group stage draw.

Group fixtures as follows
Round 1 - 19th September
Round 2 - October 3rd
Round 3 - October 24th
Round 4 - November 7th
Round 5 - November 28th
Round 6 - December 12th

Reactions: jojojo

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Are we expecting further Palace tickets to go on sale online? Need some for family. If not, if anyone has spares then please let me know

Sergio Biscuits

Also if you are that keen, they are selling tickets to the three EL group matches already (and there are lots of great seats available). Some of the matches may go to general sale later but if it interests anyone and you know you can go just buy it now. As mentioned above you'll find out the opposition/date/kickoff on the 30th of August.

RedDevilRoshi

Also if you are that keen, they are selling tickets to the three EL group matches already (and there are lots of great seats available). Some of the matches may go to general sale later but if it interests anyone and you know you can go just buy it now. As mentioned above you'll find out the opposition/date/kickoff on the 30th of August.

Are those definitely the confirmed home dates? The draw hasn’t taken place yet as we still have another round of qualifying to go before the group stages. We don’t know who we will be playing and whether we will begin the group stages home or away first.

Sergio Biscuits

Are those definitely the confirmed home dates? The draw hasn’t taken place yet as we still have another round of qualifying to go before the group stages. We don’t know who we will be playing and whether we will begin the group stages home or away first.
Three of these dates as mentioned above:
Round 1 - 19th September
Round 2 - October 3rd
Round 3 - October 24th
Round 4 - November 7th
Round 5 - November 28th
Round 6 - December 12th

Find out August 30th, as mentioned in the post you quoted.

Reactions: jojojo

Okey

Three of these dates as mentioned above:
Round 1 - 19th September
Round 2 - October 3rd
Round 3 - October 24th
Round 4 - November 7th
Round 5 - November 28th
Round 6 - December 12th

Find out August 30th, as mentioned in the post you quoted.
Any idea how the pre sale works please? All 6 match days are on sale, but of course only 3 will be home games. Do they just disregard the away days. Refund if money already taken?

Sergio Biscuits

Any idea how the pre sale works please? All 6 match days are on sale, but of course only 3 will be home games. Do they just disregard the away days. Refund if money already taken?
If you buy a ticket for the match "Europa League Matchday 1 (Date/KO TBC)" it will be on one of the first two dates. If you buy a ticket for the match "Europa League Matchday 2 (Date/KO TBC)" it will be on one of the third or fourth dates. If you buy a ticket for the match "Europa League Matchday 3 (Date/KO TBC)" it will be on one of the last two dates. These are obviously only the home matches (location listed is Old Trafford). Rocket science I agree.

The thing is it is mainly just a sales tactic, since it's a member presale right now but no doubt at least one of the matches if not two or three will go to general sale depending on the opposition (I think they did something similar to boost sales for the League Cup Derby County match last season). But since the person above (MataFanatic) was talking about wanting to go to a match anyway I pointed out that the matches are already on sale.

Jack Burke

Would I be right in saying every league game after playing Europa League will be fixed for the Sunday?

Last edited:

ZupZup

Has anybody who was successful in the ballot had their ticket for Southampton away in the post yet?

Okey

If you buy a ticket for the match "Europa League Matchday 1 (Date/KO TBC)" it will be on one of the first two dates. If you buy a ticket for the match "Europa League Matchday 2 (Date/KO TBC)" it will be on one of the third or fourth dates. If you buy a ticket for the match "Europa League Matchday 3 (Date/KO TBC)" it will be on one of the last two dates. These are obviously only the home matches (location listed is Old Trafford). Rocket science I agree.

The thing is it is mainly just a sales tactic, since it's a member presale right now but no doubt at least one of the matches if not two or three will go to general sale depending on the opposition (I think they did something similar to boost sales for the League Cup Derby County match last season). But since the person above (MataFanatic) was talking about wanting to go to a match anyway I pointed out that the matches are already on sale.
Thanks a million. I better get in...

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Need one ticket for Palace tomorrow, can meet in London or Manchester.

Cheers.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Would I be right in saying every league game after playing Europa League will be fixed for the Sunday?
Right in that they'll all be moved, but some could be to the Monday (just to mess up people trying to second guess!!)

Although the league game after the 28th Nov Europa game has to be a Sunday, as we have a Tue league game - which may become Wed, but you can't play Mon-Wed (outside of extreme circumstances!)

Jack Burke

Right in that they'll all be moved, but some could be to the Monday (just to mess up people trying to second guess!!)

Although the league game after the 28th Nov Europa game has to be a Sunday, as we have a Tue league game - which may become Wed, but you can't play Mon-Wed (outside of extreme circumstances!)
Yeah I was thinking that in regards to the Villa game as we have Spurs mid-week. Thanks for that, appreciate it.

MikeeMike

quick question.. when will Everton (H) date and time be confirmed?

i only ask as i’m looking to plan flights / hotels.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Robin

It will most probably be changed to the Sunday, it’s just the time that will need to be confirmed, we have a Eufa game the Thursday before.

Sergio Biscuits

quick question.. when will Everton (H) date and time be confirmed?

i only ask as i’m looking to plan flights / hotels.

Thanks in advance

Mike
It will be confirmed on the 11th of October 2019.

We aren't allowed to link to other pages here but in the future, if you Google search "Premier League live TV 2019/20 fixture announcement dates" the first link has a nice table with all the dates on it for each month.

As the other poster mentioned, it shouldn't be on the Saturday as we have a match on the Thursday previous.

MikeeMike

It will be confirmed on the 11th of October 2019.

We aren't allowed to link to other pages here but in the future, if you Google search "Premier League live TV 2019/20 fixture announcement dates" the first link has a nice table with all the dates on it for each month.

As the other poster mentioned, it shouldn't be on the Saturday as we have a match on the Thursday previous.
great.. thanks mate!