All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Left myself opted in to cup games, but just got an email saying they're taking payment tomorrow/Friday.

Yet lower down the email you can opt out of cup games, by 2nd September by clicking the link.

On the (eticketing) link, there's nowhere you can set to opt out - only the ability to change card details.

Frustrating stuff.
Anyone got any idea? Early call tomorrow otherwise methinks!

Last edited:

Robin

Left myself opted in to cup games, but just got an email saying they're taking payment tomorrow/Friday.

Yet lower down the email you can opt out of cup games, by 2nd September by clicking the link.

On the (eticketing) link, there's nowhere you can set to opt out - only the ability to change card details.

Frustrating stuff.
Anyone got any idea? Early call tomorrow otherwise methinks!
Or be like me and just go to the game, I reckon watching the current crop of kids will be more exciting than the first team

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Or be like me and just go to the game, I reckon watching the current crop of kids will be more exciting than the first team
Yeah may be not worth a 7hour round trip.

Enjoy though. Not sure who we'll have left. I see smalling has gone now

ZupZup

Still not received mine yet either
One of the lads in my group just messaged me to say his arrived a few mins ago... was posted 24 hour tracked delivery.

It should hopefully arrive with you today I think. I hope mine is waiting for me when I get home from work anyway.

UmbroDays

Has anyone here tried to buy Europa Cup tickets yet? Got a couple with my Mrs about 1-2 hours ago but not seen any confirmation email nor are they in my online profile.

I figured it'll take a little bit of time, but it's not normally this slow

ATXRedDevil

Alright fellas, trying to make it from Texas to Old Trafford for the Southampton home game on Saturday 4/25. Need to be in western Ireland the following day for my best mate's wedding on the Monday. Will be my first trip to Old Trafford (to see a game). What's the best way to get tickets? It seems so much easier in the US to get tickets to pro sports events. Money's not an issue if it's easier to get VIP/hospitality type tickets. Can I just StubHub this? I know the rules are really strict on touting back home and certainly don't want to go all the way from Manchester to TX and get screwed on fake tickets. Any advice would be appreciated.

ATXRedDevil

Alright fellas, trying to make it from Texas to Old Trafford for the Southampton home game on Saturday 4/25. Need to be in western Ireland the following day for my best mate's wedding on the Monday. Will be my first trip to Old Trafford (to see a game). What's the best way to get tickets? It seems so much easier in the US to get tickets to pro sports events. Money's not an issue if it's easier to get VIP/hospitality type tickets. Can I just StubHub this? I know the rules are really strict on touting back home and certainly don't want to go all the way from Manchester to TX and get screwed on fake tickets. Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: Looks like the club sells VIP packages on their site. Anyone had an experiences with these? Would prefer to be in the Stretford end (or at least not in a suite) but would take comfort in knowing i have legit tickets over the risk. Seems like some packages have seats in the SAF stand rather than a suite. Thinking that may be the play but would love to hear some feedback on these packages. https://www.manutd.com/en/Matchday-VIP/Fixtures

Andy_Cole

@ATXRedDevil

I’m sure you’ll find tickets by asking on here nearer the time. If it comes nearer the time and you don’t have tickets I’ll sell you mine for face value as you’ve come all the way from Texas!

Edit: Not in Stretford end though but great seats.

ATXRedDevil

@ATXRedDevil, you should definitely go for a VIP package rather than take the risk, when you're travelling so far!
@ATXRedDevil

I’m sure you’ll find tickets by asking on here nearer the time. If it comes nearer the time and you don’t have tickets I’ll sell you mine for face value as you’ve come all the way from Texas!

Edit: Not in Stretford end though but great seats.
Cheers fellas! @Andy_Cole I will probably take @Penna 's advice since I'll be on a tight timeline, coming so far and don't think I could handle the stress and disappointment of this not working out now that I've got my hopes up to irrationally high levels. But I'll certainly check back in closer to April if for some reason I haven't pulled the trigger on a VIP package and def appreciate the kind offer.

Super pumped this is going to work out. I thought my buddy's wedding was on the Sunday and there was no chance I'd make the game as a groomsman expected to be there the day before, so I was thrilled to see the wedding is on the Monday and I can make it. Especially since the games before and after are away - it was Southampton or bust for me.

Thanks again to both of y'all.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Cheers fellas! @Andy_Cole I will probably take @Penna 's advice since I'll be on a tight timeline, coming so far and don't think I could handle the stress and disappointment of this not working out now that I've got my hopes up to irrationally high levels. But I'll certainly check back in closer to April if for some reason I haven't pulled the trigger on a VIP package and def appreciate the kind offer.

Super pumped this is going to work out. I thought my buddy's wedding was on the Sunday and there was no chance I'd make the game as a groomsman expected to be there the day before, so I was thrilled to see the wedding is on the Monday and I can make it. Especially since the games before and after are away - it was Southampton or bust for me.

Thanks again to both of y'all.
I say take one of the packages where you get a comfier seat. The ordinary seats can be a bit brutal, even for a small woman like me. If you're a big bloke, you'll appreciate some padding! I hope you have a great time. :)

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Looking for a West Ham spare. Would say I can repay the favour later in the season but no promises with my luck in the ballot. Can certainly sort any home in W3104

RedDevilRoshi

AZ Alkmaar tickets not showing on the website for some bizarre reason?

Is this game already sold out?

hp88

Bit early but I am sure someone on here will have spares going for the Southampton game, not sure on how ticketing works with the memberships nowadays as the club release tickets for games at the start of the year but I think something like Southampton will go on general sale so anyone can grab some tickets.

Just be aware that games my be moved as Quarter Final are normally play around that time of the month.

ATXRedDevil

Bit early but I am sure someone on here will have spares going for the Southampton game, not sure on how ticketing works with the memberships nowadays as the club release tickets for games at the start of the year but I think something like Southampton will go on general sale so anyone can grab some tickets.

Just be aware that games my be moved as Quarter Final are normally play around that time of the month.
I was thinking about this yesterday. Looks like the semi finals are schedule for 4/18 and 4/19. Should be good since the game is 4/25? Or could there be a knock on effect?

Sergio Biscuits

AZ Alkmaar tickets not showing on the website for some bizarre reason?

Is this game already sold out?
No they just took it off sale for a bit and put it to just hospitality for a lil while. Otherwise too many Dutchies will jump over and just buy a membership + ticket for 50 quid. No way is it sold out nowhere close. Check out the availability on the other matches for a general idea of how many tickets are available.

ArjenIsM3

How would one go about getting tickets for the AZ Alkmaar away game? Can't see them on the Man Utd website. Do I have to go through AZ?

RedDevilRoshi

No they just took it off sale for a bit and put it to just hospitality for a lil while. Otherwise too many Dutchies will jump over and just buy a membership + ticket for 50 quid. No way is it sold out nowhere close. Check out the availability on the other matches for a general idea of how many tickets are available.

Was just being a wee bit sarcastic about it being sold out already ;)

Do you know when this game will be available to buy tickets for?

Sergio Biscuits

How would one go about getting tickets for the AZ Alkmaar away game? Can't see them on the Man Utd website. Do I have to go through AZ?
From the relevant page on our official website:
"Applications for this game will open at 8am on Wednesday 4th September, and will close at 8am on Monday 9th September".

UmbroDays

Hi all,

I booked tickets to match day 2 on 24th October at OT, before the draw

Looking at the schedule it’s now an away game to in Belgrade

Anyone else had this issue?? Not too sure what to do as I booked hotel and train tickets already

Last edited:

corno_mufc

Hi all,

I booked tickets to match day 2 on 24th October at OT, before the draw

Looking at the schedule it’s now an away game to in Belgrade

Anyone else had this issue?? Not too sure what to do as I booked hotel and train tickets already
MD2 will be the second home game. And not that date.

Astana (H) - 19 September, 20:00 BST
AZ Alkmaar (A) - 3 October, 17:55 BST
Partizan Belgrade (A) - 24 October, 17:55 BST
Partizan Belgrade (H) - 7 November, 20:00 GMT
Astana (A) - 28 November, 15:50 GMT
AZ Alkmaar (H) - 12 December, 20:00 GMT

UmbroDays

MD2 will be the second home game. And not that date.

Astana (H) - 19 September, 20:00 BST
AZ Alkmaar (A) - 3 October, 17:55 BST
Partizan Belgrade (A) - 24 October, 17:55 BST
Partizan Belgrade (H) - 7 November, 20:00 GMT
Astana (A) - 28 November, 15:50 GMT
AZ Alkmaar (H) - 12 December, 20:00 GMT
Yeah I saw after the draw was made. Before it was made they were selling the tickets for the 24th October at home and didn’t even say the dates would change

I’ve bought advanced train and hotel tickets that I’m struggling to change. Not sure whether I should get a refund on the tickets and lose the money on the train and hotel. About £160 down the drain

Sergio Biscuits

Yeah I saw after the draw was made. Before it was made they were selling the tickets for the 24th October at home and didn’t even say the dates would change

I’ve bought advanced train and hotel tickets that I’m struggling to change. Not sure whether I should get a refund on the tickets and lose the money on the train and hotel. About £160 down the drain
In fairness it did say "Europa League Matchday 2 (Date/KO TBC)", TBC meaning "to be confirmed". Just like any of the other dates that say "TBC" for example currently any league match November onwards - they are provisional placeholders until the date is actually confirmed. This was discussed on the page previously for example post #1627 and a few before that on page 41. Fingers crossed you can get some refunds!

corno_mufc

Is the train not refundable -£10 admin, usually is the case

United will definitely refund unwanted tickets

RedDevilRoshi

It’s says on the website that the AZ Alkmaar tickets go on sale today. When you log into the website, it is still showing as “Tickets Off Sale Until Tuesday”.

Am I right that it is Tuesday today or is the ticketing website just as slow and useless as the team on the park?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
That’s for the Astana game, not AZ Alkmaar mate.
Sorry, I wasn't paying attention there. The main website is showing it as unavailable on the ticketing homepage
https://www.manutd.com/en/tickets-and-hospitality/europa-league
Match tickets for our UEFA Europa League home game against AZ Alkmaar are not currently on sale. This information will be updated as soon as possible.

So I'm not sure where you saw the original Tuesday release date - probably just a typo on one of the other pages, that isn't passed through the ticket office staff.

If you mean the away, applications start tomorrow.

RedDevilRoshi

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention there. The main website is showing it as unavailable on the ticketing homepage
https://www.manutd.com/en/tickets-and-hospitality/europa-league
Match tickets for our UEFA Europa League home game against AZ Alkmaar are not currently on sale. This information will be updated as soon as possible.

So I'm not sure where you saw the original Tuesday release date - probably just a typo on one of the other pages, that isn't passed through the ticket office staff.

If you mean the away, applications start tomorrow.
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/muticketsandmembership/Events

Scroll down to the bottom and you will see for that game, it says “Tickets Off Sale” “Until Tuesday”.

It’s Tuesday today, I’m sure?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/muticketsandmembership/Events

Scroll down to the bottom and you will see for that game, it says “Tickets Off Sale” “Until Tuesday”.

It’s Tuesday today, I’m sure?
That's weird, I don't get that message, I just get a straight "tickets not on sale" - no mention of Tuesday - when I look on that page. Just the usual info link with the accessible/hospitality/parking applications active behind it. Strange that we're seeing different versions.

I guess they changed their minds on the timing - waiting for more opt outs from the ST holders maybe?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hang on hang on, I'm sure the United v Pool game was a 5.30pm saturday kick off?

Just checked and it's now the Sunday at 4.30pm?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah, because of the Champions League fixtures schedule
They have a Wed game after the game v us. So i don't see why they needed to move their game back a day in fairness?

Id understand if it was afterwards.
Either way very weird to move it to start with before dates were settled

Sergio Biscuits

Hang on hang on, I'm sure the United v Pool game was a 5.30pm saturday kick off?

Just checked and it's now the Sunday at 4.30pm?
You are correct that it was, but when they did the TV match confirmations back on the 6th of August that kickoff date/time was under the provision of which day Liverpool were playing in the CL once it was drawn with the reserve kickoff of Sunday at 16:30. Therefore last week on Thursday night after the CL group stage draw it was now confirmed that the match is moved to Sunday.