All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ta chaps. Either way im gutted to miss going as i need to be in portsmouth on the Sunday morning. I really can't trust english motorways to get there!!

ArjenIsM3

Feck.
AZ Alkmaar (Away)
3 Oct 2019 19:55

European Away Game

Event Information

You are ineligible to apply for tickets to this event.
Unfortunately, you are not eligible for accessibility tickets.
:(

Mickson

Can someone please explain to me shortly how United's loyalty pot works and exactly what it means? Or where I can find info on it. I'm talking about away tickets. Thank you.

ZupZup

Can someone please explain to me shortly how United's loyalty pot works and exactly what it means? Or where I can find info on it. I'm talking about away tickets. Thank you.
The loyalty pot was started in 2003/04 and to be in it, you had to have applied for every away match since December 2002. You can't be added to the pot... you can only stay in it by continuing to apply for every away since it started. If you happen to be in the loyalty pot, you have a much better chance of getting away tickets as I'm sure you know - like an 85% success rate I believe.

The club would no doubt like to get rid of it and the numbers that are in it have very slowly dwindled down over the years.

Mickson

The loyalty pot was started in 2003/04 and to be in it, you had to have applied for every away match since December 2002. You can't be added to the pot... you can only stay in it by continuing to apply for every away since it started. If you happen to be in the loyalty pot, you have a much better chance of getting away tickets as I'm sure you know - like an 85% success rate I believe.

The club would no doubt like to get rid of it and the numbers that are in it have very slowly dwindled down over the years.
Why? And how many apply for an away game? Sounds like it can happen that people apply only to stay in the pot for matches they will not attend either way. So they just raffle from everyone who applied then?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Ta chaps. Either way im gutted to miss going as i need to be in portsmouth on the Sunday morning. I really can't trust english motorways to get there!!
Happy to house your tickets if required :)

rotherham_red

That's cos you applied for disability tickets. You should be fine to purchase the general tickets when they come on sale.

EDIT - just seen it was the away game. You should be able to apply for them when the window opens because European away games everyone can apply, though it is on a rolling credit basis, so you might still end up not getting a ticket if you haven't received a ticket before - though, with it being the EL, the demand might not be as high, so you could still get a ticket. If you have further issues, ring the ticket office.

ZupZup

Why? And how many apply for an away game? Sounds like it can happen that people apply only to stay in the pot for matches they will not attend either way. So they just raffle from everyone who applied then?
It depends... usually between 7k and 12k apply depending on how popular the fixture is. The rules for away tickets are that you can't pass them on... unless doing so officially through the club and that is limited to twice per season for any match goer.

The club will sometimes send a letter to a fan with an away ticket and ask them to collect the ticket in person at the away ground with photo ID. This has happened to me a few times although I am not in the pot myself. This is to prevent people passing on or selling away tickets unofficially. They have used this method to get rid of people from the loyalty pot before. If a loyalty pot fan failed to collect a ticket in person at the away ground on two occasions, they were removed.

Mickson

It depends... usually between 7k and 12k apply depending on how popular the fixture is. The rules for away tickets are that you can't pass them on... unless doing so officially through the club and that is limited to twice per season for any match goer.

The club will sometimes send a letter to a fan with an away ticket and ask them to collect the ticket in person at the away ground with photo ID. This has happened to me a few times although I am not in the pot myself. This is to prevent people passing on or selling away tickets unofficially. They have used this method to get rid of people from the loyalty pot before. If a loyalty pot fan failed to collect a ticket in person at the away ground on two occasions, they were removed.
Thank you, very interesting!

ArjenIsM3

That's cos you applied for disability tickets. You should be fine to purchase the general tickets when they come on sale.

EDIT - just seen it was the away game. You should be able to apply for them when the window opens because European away games everyone can apply, though it is on a rolling credit basis, so you might still end up not getting a ticket if you haven't received a ticket before - though, with it being the EL, the demand might not be as high, so you could still get a ticket. If you have further issues, ring the ticket office.

It's the AZ Alkmaar EL away game yeah. So the ones on sale are disability tickets? Can't say the website is very clear on this. It says "AZ Alkmaar (Away)" and the in the image it says "Applications open for qualifying supporters". Then when I click "Apply" it says I'm ineligible. All a bit vague tbh. I get the same message when trying to apply for the Arsenal home game. What am I doing wrong? What are the requirements for applying for a ticket? Do I need a paid official membership for example?

rotherham_red

It's the AZ Alkmaar EL away game yeah. So the ones on sale are disability tickets? Can't say the website is very clear on this. It says "AZ Alkmaar (Away)" and the in the image it says "Applications open for qualifying supporters". Then when I click "Apply" it says I'm ineligible. All a bit vague tbh. I get the same message when trying to apply for the Arsenal home game. What am I doing wrong? What are the requirements for applying for a ticket? Do I need a paid official membership for example?
For domestic away games you need to be a ST holder for 3 years and be opted in to the Cup games (unless you have a disability, in which case for now, you only need to be an official member - but this will change in due course when the STs for disabled supporters have been allocated after all the disabled areas throughout the stadium have been opened).

For European away games, you need to be an official member at the very least, but as its on a rolling credits system, first time applicants are rarely successful at the first attempt. However, with it being the EL, the demand might not be high (though, knowing how well supported we are on the road, I'd say this is unlikely). On the other hand, the stadiums being smaller in capacity might make it harder to get tickets, even if the demand isn't high (which again, is unlikely).

EDIT - by everyone in the previous post, I meant official members and upwards. If you're not an official member, you won't be eligible to apply for any European away game. And tbh, in reality, because of the credits system, the bulk of tickets go to ST holders - particularly those in the loyalty pot.

ZupZup

You would have to buy a membership, but even with one... you would have only a very small chance of getting a ticket to AZ Alkmaar in the United end. 95% of United's ticket allocation will be sold to applicants who have the most Euro away credits from attending previous European away matches. Even though this is the Europa league, I would expect this fixture to be fairly popular because... who doesn't fancy a trip to Amsterdam?

5% of United's allocation will be allocated in a random ballot to all remaining applicants... we're talking less than 200 tickets and a large number of applicants.

It's just worth being aware that you would be buying a membership and your chances of actually getting a ticket would still be very, very low.

ArjenIsM3

You would have to buy a membership, but even with one... you would have only a very small chance of getting a ticket to AZ Alkmaar in the United end. 95% of United's ticket allocation will be sold to applicants who have the most Euro away credits from attending previous European away matches. Even though this is the Europa league, I would expect this fixture to be fairly popular because... who doesn't fancy a trip to Amsterdam?

5% of United's allocation will be allocated in a random ballot to all remaining applicants... we're talking less than 200 tickets and a large number of applicants.

It's just worth being aware that you would be buying a membership and your chances of actually getting a ticket would still be very, very low.
Meh, might be better off trying to get a ticket through AZ then though I suspect I might run in to similar issues. Shame, don't yet many chances to see United play

EA24

Hello guys

Does anyone maybe know when they will give the ballot results of the Arsenal game on 30th September?

Sergio Biscuits

Hello guys

Does anyone maybe know when they will give the ballot results of the Arsenal game on 30th September?
On Friday the 6th of September 2019.

For future reference, if you go to the ticketing section of the official website there is a convenient table that shows you the open and close dates of all league ballots.

EA24

On Friday the 6th of September 2019.

For future reference, if you go to the ticketing section of the official website there is a convenient table that shows you the open and close dates of all league ballots.
Thanks mate!

philipos

I have a single ticket available for each of Leicester on 14 Sept and Astana on 19 Sept in South Stand Upper. Can meet outside before each match. Face value of course.

PM me if interested.

cbmufc

Is this a pair?

Happy to take a pair of undesirable tickets off your hands if you are looking to sell Liverpool as well.

Jukes Bigalow

Hi all, just a quick question -

I recently moved to Congleton, and I am planning on a good 5 or 6 visits to OT this season (already failed in the Arsenal ballot!). I work every other weekend so I am limited to when I can go, but happy to get to some night matches, especially Europa League.

My issue is this - I don't drive, I only ride a 125 bike so it's an hour there and hour back, possibly more with the traffic, and coming back on those dark A roads doesn't appeal to me, the last train would mean leaving the match 15 minutes earlier at least which again is not what I want to do, so does anyone know where to find any info on car pools, or anyone that runs a coach that passes through here? You'd think they'd put later trains on for this kind of thing but nope. Proving a bit of a pain just to get to a match!

Thanks in advance

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Got a spare for Leicester if anyone interested. Stretty tier two, think it's 40 quid (face value obviously). PM if you want it.

EA24

Hello, I have a question for you guys. I live in the Netherlands and when i want buy tickets on the website, i get a important notice. The notice says "We cannot complete your purchase online. To complete your purchase, please call or email. I mailed so many times but they didn't reply yet. Does someone know why I get this notice every single time? I get the same thing on the Europa League and EFL Cup matches aswell.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Does anyone know when the ST payments for Astana home take place? I still have an option to opt out which seems like cutting it fine to me

philipos

Does anyone know when the ST payments for Astana home take place? I still have an option to opt out which seems like cutting it fine to me
Payments were taken from 2 September but you had to opt out by 5pm on 1 September. I received a couple of emails about this just before and after the draw.

oldhand

Got 2 spare for Arsenal on Monday 30th, cards in NE Quad at ST Face Value 42 (costs 50 for members)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
the chap below answered, but just on the opt out situation, I was slightly panicked when the league cup draw was a Wed night, and they emailed immediately saying payments would come out on Thursday!

Especially as the website didn't yet have the option to opt out. Ringing through brought up no automated "Opt out" (which I expected), but instead said you could email (!) saying you wanted to opt out, and then they'd refund you!

After trying a few more times, and hanging on for 10-15mins (not using their call back, as if they're that busy, they surely won't have time to call back), the automated message (and then text) THEN brought up the option to opt out on the website..

Lo Behold a simple "click" to opt out...

stressier than it needed to be

(similar situation for the Europa - straight out of that!)

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Payments were taken from 2 September but you had to opt out by 5pm on 1 September. I received a couple of emails about this just before and after the draw.
the chap below answered, but just on the opt out situation, I was slightly panicked when the league cup draw was a Wed night, and they emailed immediately saying payments would come out on Thursday!

Especially as the website didn't yet have the option to opt out. Ringing through brought up no automated "Opt out" (which I expected), but instead said you could email (!) saying you wanted to opt out, and then they'd refund you!

After trying a few more times, and hanging on for 10-15mins (not using their call back, as if they're that busy, they surely won't have time to call back), the automated message (and then text) THEN brought up the option to opt out on the website..

Lo Behold a simple "click" to opt out...

stressier than it needed to be

(similar situation for the Europa - straight out of that!)
Cheers lads. They’ve not taken payment for both games for me so I’ll get on to them.

EDIT - update on this - spoke with the ticket office and the reason no payment has been taken is because I was moved from my seats in ST2 due to the disabled section they are giving me free cup games for the season. Seems a little too good to be true, especially considering all I did was move slightly lower down in W3104.

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Hello, I have a question for you guys. I live in the Netherlands and when i want buy tickets on the website, i get a important notice. The notice says "We cannot complete your purchase online. To complete your purchase, please call or email. I mailed so many times but they didn't reply yet. Does someone know why I get this notice every single time? I get the same thing on the Europa League and EFL Cup matches aswell.
are you a member?

Robbo*

Anyone heard back about Alkmaar away tickets? Imagine will need a fair few credits.

oldhand

Anyone heard back about Alkmaar away tickets? Imagine will need a fair few credits.
How many do you have, remember 5% random for 0-5 credits so it's a lottery but worth trying
No TCS helps people on a good number of credits, still.no 100% confirmed allocation but if 750 plus 200, hoping I get in the second ballot with 9 credits, done all aways last 2 seasons but only Stockholm final in 2017.

Thinking could get on last minutes list if i need to, already booked flights for Amsterdam and Belgrade

Reactions: Rood

oldhand

Allocation of around 850, I'm on 7 credits and not holding my breath, apparently ballot delayed until Thursday.
7 is probably a last minute list option unless we secure more tickets, our standard allocation is 750 based on the 15k Den Haag stadium but there away section blocks hold 500 so one isn't big enough and we don't know what They will give us in 2, the full 1,000 would be a massive bonus for both of us, i would probably get first ballot and your chances would be much better, No Thomas cook sports trip helps

EA24

are you a member?
Yes, I am a membership since this season. I asked so many people what the problem can be and they said that there are maybe some technical problems on the website. But the thing is that other people can buy tickets without any problems except me. The last option for me is to visit the ticket office in Manchester to find out what the problem is.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Yes, I am a membership since this season. I asked so many people what the problem can be and they said that there are maybe some technical problems on the website. But the thing is that other people can buy tickets without any problems except me. The last option for me is to visit the ticket office in Manchester to find out what the problem is.
Call them

simeon

Does anyone have a guess how big the interest for the Partizan Away Tickets will be?
How are the odds on getting a ticket with zero credits?

Jordi

Have two spare for Leicester on Saturday. Face Value and can meet you at OT to give you the cards. PM me if you want them.

Robbo*

How many do you have, remember 5% random for 0-5 credits so it's a lottery but worth trying
No TCS helps people on a good number of credits, still.no 100% confirmed allocation but if 750 plus 200, hoping I get in the second ballot with 9 credits, done all aways last 2 seasons but only Stockholm final in 2017.

Thinking could get on last minutes list if i need to, already booked flights for Amsterdam and Belgrade
I've got 8. Think it is unlikely but we will see. Have booked Belgrade too which should be doable.