All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
According to United's website:

"We were sad to hear the news this morning regarding Thomas Cook and the impact this will have on its customers and employees. Along with other Premier League clubs, Thomas Cook Sports have been travel partners with Manchester United. They have pre-sold a small number of tickets and hospitality for some home matches this season, along with travel packages to to two upcoming UEFA Europa League away games. As soon as we were aware of their potential insolvency, we started to work through contingency plans and we will endeavour to contact affected Manchester United fans who had booked direct via Thomas Cook."
Hopefully no fans lose out then. I was tempted to do the Belgrade day trip as I heard it was basically a guaranteed ticket. Glad I didn't now!

JamesCurran

It's not only ST holders... if you have a ticket to the match, you can apply through the Red Army to go in their section of the ground and if successful, they will move your ticket/seat to that section. For league matches it has been on the right hand side of the Stretford End lower tier, but we had L stand last night for Astana. The atmosphere there has been really good this season... it was even bouncing in L stand last night for Astana with pretty much non-stop singing until well after the final whistle.

For league matches we have been paying £3 a pint on the concourse.
Sounds good must get a look into that then cheers pal

philipos

One ticket available for Arsenal next Monday in the South Stand Upper at face value.

PM me if interested.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
According to the minutes of the Fans' Forum Meeting that took place before the Leicester match, Sam Kelleher said, "We have received feedback around the outbound call process, and for the game against West Ham next we are trialing selling any 'returned tickets' through the website with notifications being sent by text message which until the recent ticketing system upgrade hasn't been possible."

I wouldn't have received a text because I was successful in the ballot, however neither my Uncle nor Dad received one. Just have to keep an eye on the website around a week before the match.
The automated texts never work for me too so it's not just your Uncle and Dad having that issue. I've called in recent years and made sure they have correct number etc but it just doesn't work very well.

New system of returns going online a few days sounds much better to me.

Red00012

Hello everyone,

I have a question, if someone can help. We are traveling from Croatia to Spurs game at Old Trafford. Since the match against Villa takes place on 1st December, Spurs game will be rescheduled also. I was looking at probable new dates for the match, but I can't find any that looks fit. Does anybody know from their experience when cca should this match take place? We would like to book hotel and plane soonest possible. I know that they will announce the date on October 11, but if we can just have an idea of possible new date it will be helpful. Thank you.
It’ll be on the Wednesday regardless , there’s a full listing of games on the Tuesday and Wednesday , because we play Wednesday we won’t be playing Tuesday so it’s 99.9% Wednesday.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It’ll be on the Wednesday regardless , there’s a full listing of games on the Tuesday and Wednesday , because we play Wednesday we won’t be playing Tuesday so it’s 99.9% Wednesday.
One of those Wednesday above surely was meant to be a Sunday.:lol:

oldhand

Hopefully no fans lose out then. I was tempted to do the Belgrade day trip as I heard it was basically a guaranteed ticket. Glad I didn't now!
Apparently considerably more applied than the number of tickets available including some after the first club ballot results. The club will try to offer everyone who still wants a ticket with independent travel and if demand exceeds supply, then allocation will be based on credits

matija_pu

Thank you for your help. We will wait for official announcement althought it is easier to plan when we have this info. We tried to book Stadium Tour for 3rd December but it is all listed as "SOLD OUT". Do they block this days before official game date annoucement or you believe it is really sold out?

oldhand

Apparently considerably more applied than the number of tickets available including some after the first club ballot results. The club will try to offer everyone who still wants a ticket with independent travel and if demand exceeds supply, then allocation will be based on credits
The club are trying to organise replacement for TCS both flights and Newcastle coaches

Man Utd.com/ThomasCook

Red00012

Thank you for your help. We will wait for official announcement althought it is easier to plan when we have this info. We tried to book Stadium Tour for 3rd December but it is all listed as "SOLD OUT". Do they block this days before official game date annoucement or you believe it is really sold out?
It won’t be sold out , the game isn’t confirmed so I presume this is why. You should be able to get a tour on the Tuesday no problem. If you are a member you can use your card to get a discount.

oldhand

Can anyone shed any light on the Estimated Minimum Independent Travel Ballot column means on the following page? For Alkmaar away for example does it mean that 332 out of the 750 allocation were available in the ballot or the other way round, that 332 aren't in the ballot the rest are?

https://www.manutd.com/en/tickets-and-hospitality/match-tickets/away-games/european-away#
For some reason they have put absolute minimum possible which was,taking thomas cook and their max 35% and max numbers for club and sponsors. It does say lower down that last season this was typically 20% of tickets. Obviously many more because TCS didn't take any and club took reduced amount mainly from the extra 200 Vips, i guess

corno_mufc

Anybody know if ballot for Liverpool has taken place?
They seem to have stopped accepting entries into the ballot.

Cannot seem to find the table of ballot dates anymore on the official site though :confused:

[edit] just had the text to say not successful :(

Last edited:

Andy_Cole

Someone’s let me down for Arsenal. Need a pair if anyone is selling. Desperate as my uncle is coming from America who’s a huge fan.

Jericholyte2

Hey guys, driving over to the match on Monday. Needing advice regarding parking / park and ride info. Can anyone help me out.

Reply or PM, many thanks!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hey guys, driving over to the match on Monday. Needing advice regarding parking / park and ride info. Can anyone help me out.

I've tried a few options, and have stuck with the metro route.
Park at Altrincham or Brooklands, 15min or 7min tram in, half mile walk (same as if you parked at the cricket club anyway), but avoid the mass fury to get out.

Most likely a chunk cheaper too... Monday night would be buttons, or free parking at the metro stops, and about £3.80-4 tram. Would imagine the cricket club would be a £10?

Jericholyte2

I've tried a few options, and have stuck with the metro route.
Park at Altrincham or Brooklands, 15min or 7min tram in, half mile walk (same as if you parked at the cricket club anyway), but avoid the mass fury to get out.

Most likely a chunk cheaper too... Monday night would be buttons, or free parking at the metro stops, and about £3.80-4 tram. Would imagine the cricket club would be a £10?
I had thought (after my first visit to Manchester) that I would park by Manchester Arena (used the one across the road before and seemed reasonable enough) walk to Victoria tram stop, tram to Trafford Park then walk up. Costs roughly £10-12 for parking and tickets. That make sense?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I had thought (after my first visit to Manchester) that I would park by Manchester Arena (used the one across the road before and seemed reasonable enough) walk to Victoria tram stop, tram to Trafford Park then walk up. Costs roughly £10-12 for parking and tickets. That make sense?
Can't beat the tram mate, so I'd do that.
As long as you and whoever is with you are comfortable with what can be a few mins of a crush until it empties out.

Personally I like to break the trip up a bit too, as when I get to Altrincham, I have a 170mile drive!

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Any recommendations on parking for the Arsenal game tomorrow? I thought about pre-booking, but don't want to book somewhere that's going to be a pain to get to with the traffic, we should arrive about 6:30 so assume its going to be really busy, I've never driven to a match before.

Edit
Nevermind, realise someone asked above, will try the cricket ground I think. Would try the tram method but I'd rather be able to just park up and walk to keep it simple as I'm not really sure where I'm going around the roads there.

Last edited:

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re

For anyone travelling from the north of Old Trafford I'd suggest take M602 and come off at Eccles.

You can then either park up at Ladywell tram stop (free parking) and get tram to Anchorage. 5/10 min walk from there.

Or alternatively continue in car onto Centenary/Coronet Way and park up at Media City multi storey. About £5 for parking. 10/15 min walk over Ship Canal to the ground.

If you take that route after match back to Eccles, you'll miss most of match traffic that gets snarled up around Trafford Rd heading towards M602.

Some decent drinking establishments on Media City/Lowry if you're fancying a pre match pint. Sadly Sam Platts is no longer with us..... :(

Jericholyte2

For anyone travelling from the north of Old Trafford I'd suggest take M602 and come off at Eccles.

You can then either park up at Ladywell tram stop (free parking) and get tram to Anchorage. 5/10 min walk from there.

Or alternatively continue in car onto Centenary/Coronet Way and park up at Media City multi storey. About £5 for parking. 10/15 min walk over Ship Canal to the ground.

If you take that route after match back to Eccles, you'll miss most of match traffic that gets snarled up around Trafford Rd heading towards M602.

Some decent drinking establishments on Media City/Lowry if you're fancying a pre match pint. Sadly Sam Platts is no longer with us..... :(
Thanks for the tips.

mufc90

It's not only ST holders... if you have a ticket to the match, you can apply through the Red Army to go in their section of the ground and if successful, they will move your ticket/seat to that section. For league matches it has been on the right hand side of the Stretford End lower tier, but we had L stand last night for Astana. The atmosphere there has been really good this season... it was even bouncing in L stand last night for Astana with pretty much non-stop singing until well after the final whistle.

For league matches we have been paying £3 a pint on the concourse.
How does one apply to the Red Army to get into that section?
I have my season ticket in the NE quadrant and it definitely isn't the liveliest place up there :) So would love to go somewhere with a bit more of an atmosphere

ZupZup

How does one apply to the Red Army to get into that section?
I have my season ticket in the NE quadrant and it definitely isn't the liveliest place up there :) So would love to go somewhere with a bit more of an atmosphere
Well... you need to become a member of the Red Army group first which costs £5. There’s more info at the link below and the group has its own forum as well. Once you’re a member you can apply to be in the Red Army section on a game by game basis. If the application is successful a paper ticket will be posted to you for your new seat for that match.

If you’re on your own... your chances of being successful in the ballot for the Red Army section will be smaller as they do favour groups. For instance, I am in a group with 5 mates and we all apply together. Having said that, for cup games you’d probably get in anyway as we sometimes get a bigger Red Army allocation... like having L-Stand in the Europa League. Your best bet is if you go with your mates... is to all join and group up. If you’re on your own, you can easily make friends and join an existing group. Barca bar is the official pre-match drinking venue and they encourage members to go along and meet up.

If you check out their forum, you’ll learn way more from just checking out the posts and questions.

https://www.theredarmy.co.uk/

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
For those asking for parking, I always give the same advice.

Park at Parrs Wood entertainment complex. Get on tram to Trafford Bar (ten minute walk from stadium). Tram back to East Didsbury after the game. You’ll be on m6 within 35 minutes of final whistle if you do it right.

I jump on in Withington normally. Stop off at The Railway and a few pubs in Chorlton on the way home.

philipos

Car park in Warren Bruce Road (£7) then leave via Ashburton Road and Jnct 10 of the M60 - generally is a quick getaway as long as you get back to your car straight after the final whistle.

Red00012

Well... you need to become a member of the Red Army group first which costs £5. There’s more info at the link below and the group has its own forum as well. Once you’re a member you can apply to be in the Red Army section on a game by game basis. If the application is successful a paper ticket will be posted to you for your new seat for that match.

If you’re on your own... your chances of being successful in the ballot for the Red Army section will be smaller as they do favour groups. For instance, I am in a group with 5 mates and we all apply together. Having said that, for cup games you’d probably get in anyway as we sometimes get a bigger Red Army allocation... like having L-Stand in the Europa League. Your best bet is if you go with your mates... is to all join and group up. If you’re on your own, you can easily make friends and join an existing group. Barca bar is the official pre-match drinking venue and they encourage members to go along and meet up.

If you check out their forum, you’ll learn way more from just checking out the posts and questions.

https://www.theredarmy.co.uk/
How does it work if you’re seated somewhere else ? Does your seat become available then ?

ZupZup

How does it work if you’re seated somewhere else ? Does your seat become available then ?
Yeah... exactly that. United just sell your seat for that game. I haven’t been in my usual ST seat once this season.