All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

mufc90

Well... you need to become a member of the Red Army group first which costs £5. There’s more info at the link below and the group has its own forum as well. Once you’re a member you can apply to be in the Red Army section on a game by game basis. If the application is successful a paper ticket will be posted to you for your new seat for that match.

If you’re on your own... your chances of being successful in the ballot for the Red Army section will be smaller as they do favour groups. For instance, I am in a group with 5 mates and we all apply together. Having said that, for cup games you’d probably get in anyway as we sometimes get a bigger Red Army allocation... like having L-Stand in the Europa League. Your best bet is if you go with your mates... is to all join and group up. If you’re on your own, you can easily make friends and join an existing group. Barca bar is the official pre-match drinking venue and they encourage members to go along and meet up.

If you check out their forum, you’ll learn way more from just checking out the posts and questions.

https://www.theredarmy.co.uk/
That's great thanks. Definitely going to give that a try, although will probably be hard as I'm by myself when you travel from abroad for each game a more lively atmosphere would improve the experience.

Another non-related question:

For the Carabao Cup what is classified as a qualifying supporter for away applications? would be interested in applying for the Chelsea away but I've only got my season ticket for this season and I was told season ticket holders are not eligible to apply for away games for like 4 years.

rotherham_red

Does anyone have any idea when the Chelsea away ballot opens? I thought it was today but I just logged on to my account and it's not available to apply for.

Thanks.

rotherham_red

That's great thanks. Definitely going to give that a try, although will probably be hard as I'm by myself when you travel from abroad for each game a more lively atmosphere would improve the experience.

Another non-related question:

For the Carabao Cup what is classified as a qualifying supporter for away applications? would be interested in applying for the Chelsea away but I've only got my season ticket for this season and I was told season ticket holders are not eligible to apply for away games for like 4 years.
Three seasons as a ST holder and you've opted in for all Cup games for the current season.

Unless you're disabled, in which case for now you only need to be an official member, though this too will be changing in a couple of years time to be the same as everyone else.

EA24

I saw that my ballot was succesful against the Liverpool match. How will they send the ticket to me? Will they send it via mail or post?

cbmufc

Someone’s let me down for Arsenal. Need a pair if anyone is selling. Desperate as my uncle is coming from America who’s a huge fan.
If you're no sorted some more up on the site.

People successful for Scousers... applying as singles? Chubbed, hoping something pops up on the site.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
For those asking for parking, I always give the same advice.

Park at Parrs Wood entertainment complex. Get on tram to Trafford Bar (ten minute walk from stadium). Tram back to East Didsbury after the game. You’ll be on m6 within 35 minutes of final whistle if you do it right.

I jump on in Withington normally. Stop off at The Railway and a few pubs in Chorlton on the way home.
I think i'm going to give this a go.

Can you help me out and just confirm a couple of things please?

1) Is it free parking at the entertainment complex? And why the preference to park here rather than at the tram stop? Time saving? Cheaper? Is there even parking at the tram stop? (The reason I ask is that any entertainment complex's near me always fine you if you're there for more than 2-3 hours)
2) How far is the complex from East Didsbury tram stop?

Last edited:

rotherham_red

Thanks mate. I live in the Netherlands, so i think they will upload on my card. How can I see if it's uploaded on my membership card?
No probs. Usually they'll send you an email confirming your success in the ballot and in that email they'll tell you it's uploaded on to your card, etc.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I think i'm going to give this a go.

Can you help me out and just confirm a couple of things please?

1) Is it free parking at the entertainment complex? And why the preference to park here rather than at the tram stop? Time saving? Cheaper? Is there even parking at the tram stop? (The reason I ask is that any entertainment complex's near me always fine you if you're there for more than 2-3 hours)
2) How far is the complex from East Didsbury tram stop?
It’s free. I’ve parked there for OT games before.

It’s a two second walk away.

oldhand

Does anyone have any idea when the Chelsea away ballot opens? I thought it was today but I just logged on to my account and it's not available to apply for.

Thanks.
I applied ok before you posted, guessing you have managed now, my email confirmation was 9.37

Red00012

Tickets released this morning was a joke, got a single which wasn’t an issue but I was looking for 2 together (for any game ) but couldn’t get any.
Surely they could have an option before you click into a Game to see if there are 2 seats together.

I came across a few with 2 but they had already been snapped up.

cbmufc

Thanks mate I see my seat number there. I need to take just my membership card with me to the stadium if the ticket is uploaded on my card right?
Yep, just have your seat number on your phone and you're sorted.

Tickets released this morning was a joke, got a single which wasn’t an issue but I was looking for 2 together (for any game ) but couldn’t get any.

Surely they could have an option before you click into a Game to see if there are 2 seats together.

I came across a few with 2 but they had already been snapped up.
It's a joke the club continue to dump these tickets months before anyone even knows when the games are, all money in the bank for them but I suppose if people continually buy them do you blame them?

There will be loads of spares for every home this year bar the scouse and city game. Given we are looking like we are about to fall of a cliff in the next month on the pitch and the multiple Sunday games due to Europa.... there will be low demand. Don't get me wrong we will still get 70K plus but if the club have the nerve to offer singles in tier 3 for Bournemouth in April then sack them off.

rotherham_red

I applied ok before you posted, guessing you have managed now, my email confirmation was 9.37
Thanks mate, yeah I was filtering it on the domestic away games (which is where they usually have been the last few seasons), but realised there was now a Carabao Cup option on the filter and found it there.

MarkC

Looking for a couple for the Brighton game if anybody has any spares?

Red00012

Yep, just have your seat number on your phone and you're sorted.

It's a joke the club continue to dump these tickets months before anyone even knows when the games are, all money in the bank for them but I suppose if people continually buy them do you blame them?

There will be loads of spares for every home this year bar the scouse and city game. Given we are looking like we are about to fall of a cliff in the next month on the pitch and the multiple Sunday games due to Europa.... there will be low demand. Don't get me wrong we will still get 70K plus but if the club have the nerve to offer singles in tier 3 for Bournemouth in April then sack them off.
Ya I’ve no intention of buying tier 3 when like you said they’re won’t be an issue with home tickets

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wonder if this season will see the return of the 'half season ticket'? We last offered them under Moyes.
in 2010/11 I actually picked up a 5 game season ticket! It definitely included the Chelsea league game, Schalke champs league semi, it may also have included the Chelsea quarter final!
Ridiculous really!

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
FAO those who were unsuccessful in the ballot for Newcastle away - tickets are on sale online.

I got one through the ballot but looking for a spare for my brother. If anyone was unsuccessful and now can’t make it and fancies doing me a massive favour and grabbing me one that would be amazing. Would repay favour later in season

robinrooney

FAO those who were unsuccessful in the ballot for Newcastle away - tickets are on sale online.

I got one through the ballot but looking for a spare for my brother. If anyone was unsuccessful and now can’t make it and fancies doing me a massive favour and grabbing me one that would be amazing. Would repay favour later in season
Heard about this earlier. Have never heard of away tickets being sold online like this before.

DanNistelrooy

Heard about this earlier. Have never heard of away tickets being sold online like this before.
I picked one up for the West Ham game using the same online process. Think it’s a new process for returns rather than callbacks.

Hoping someone can sort me for Newcastle !

HairyBack23

Anyone have a spare ticket for the Liverpool game? Ideally more than one, but that's even less likely. Cheers lads, hoping for a miracle here!

Last edited by a moderator:

ArjenIsM3

AZ are having trouble selling their tickets so if you're interested in a last minute trip across thee pond they sell tickets on their official website for 40 euro's. Means you'll be sitting with the home crowd of course.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Newcastle showing as on sale again and then when click in says no privileges? (Which i have).

What is the story for when away game returns go on sale online?

DanNistelrooy

Newcastle showing as on sale again and then when click in says no privileges? (Which i have).

What is the story for when away game returns go on sale online?
You need to have applied in the original ballot and been unsuccessful.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Just got my first ever away ticket for Norwich. What’s the coach travel option like? Is it pleasant enough and do people behave? Don’t fancy a trip surrounded by people pissed and farting,

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just got my first ever away ticket for Norwich. What’s the coach travel option like? Is it pleasant enough and do people behave? Don’t fancy a trip surrounded by people pissed and farting,
If it's any sort of official coach, by law you can't have booze on there.

My one supporters coach experience was a pretty quiet affair. Totally soulless to be honest, but I guess that can be the big club experience, versus a smaller club where you know more people's faces.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If it's any sort of official coach, by law you can't have booze on there.

My one supporters coach experience was a pretty quiet affair. Totally soulless to be honest, but I guess that can be the big club experience, versus a smaller club where you know more people's faces.
I’ve got family in Norfolk, so happy to drive and stay overnight on this occasion, but good to know for future matches.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Christ, you sound fun.