All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think that there will be quite a lot of availability next season, a lot of people I know have season tickets but can’t get to all the games especially midweek cup and league games and due to the cup scheme , the ridiculous pricing in place for such games and of course the quality of football on show they won’t be renewing . In the past they have been able to offload to friends and sites like this. But recently there has been no interest. The fact that we had 3000 unsold tickets in a cup semi final v City says it all and someone on here had to sell 4 of his tickets at £10 each for a game and therefore losing about £100, great for the buyer but not so for him.
Luckily, there is still a perception that United tickets are "gold dust", from people who don't do their research.

But generally, the situations you mention are pretty worrying!

They do need a ticket exchange of some type, or ideally the ability to opt out of the FA Cup.
Those are two huge gamechangers.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Pair for Burnley tonight, comes with 1 ticket for Man City at home in March !

PM for details

EDIT: Gone

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Awkward for anyone planning on going to the fa cup 4th round.
Replay is Thursday and you don't know until about 10pm that night if it's Watford or Tranmere just 3 days later!

Robin

Luckily it’s an away game, can you imagine the chaos if we were having a replay on Thursday to play at home on the Sunday , I’m sure Tranmere only holds a few 1000 and Watford 20 odd

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Luckily it’s an away game, can you imagine the chaos if we were having a replay on Thursday to play at home on the Sunday , I’m sure Tranmere only holds a few 1000 and Watford 20 odd
Imagine the ticketing carnage!
75,000...well, 50,000 would have to pick their tickets up on the day!!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No they wouldn't. Kelleher would charge your payment card the second the replay finished and load the game onto your season ticket/membership card
Yes, in fairness I was totally forgetting the cards aspect :lol:
Not nearly as awks then.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Success for Tranmere ticket! This is going to be interesting. They’ll fancy it and the pitch is abysmal:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Success for Tranmere ticket! This is going to be interesting. They’ll fancy it and the pitch is abysmal:
Congrats. See this important pie related news from @P-Ro
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/the...e-score-of-the-old-trafford-pie.449736/page-3
9.5/10 for the Chicken Balti at Tranmere - high praise.
But do note that the amazing pie I reviewed was bought at the brilliant fan zone tent outside the ground and the ones in the away end are different. I'd advise you get there at least an hour early to experience the fan zone with it's excellent selection of beers..and the pie of course.

Collina

I wasn't as lucky – chubbed. If anyone would be able to help me out (would even be happy with a ticket amongst the Tranmere fans!), I'd be a happy man.

JB7

I wasn't as lucky – chubbed. If anyone would be able to help me out (would even be happy with a ticket amongst the Tranmere fans!), I'd be a happy man.
General sale online at 8pm.

Robbo*

But do note that the amazing pie I reviewed was bought at the brilliant fan zone tent outside the ground and the ones in the away end are different. I'd advise you get there at least an hour early to experience the fan zone with it's excellent selection of beers..and the pie of course.
Anyone know if the fan zone tent will be open for away fans on Sunday?

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I managed to get Tranmere too but unsure I can make it now. Would be interested in swapping for Chelsea away if anyone has a spare

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Thankfully United sent tickets Special Delivery by 9am so we can get on with our day. Mine’s just come. Looks like they were just printed by the club on a fairly standard printer, rather than a professional job, due to the short turnaround.

Red00012

Thankfully United sent tickets Special Delivery by 9am so we can get on with our day. Mine’s just come. Looks like they were just printed by the club on a fairly standard printer, rather than a professional job, due to the short turnaround.
I’d be thinking Tranmere print the tickets? And been in league 2 with financial reasons I’d imagine the quality wouldn’t be great anyway

JB7

To season ticket holders and those who attended the Watford game only.
I bought off their website at around 6pm Friday so before the general sale even officially opened, seems like loads of reds did too so should be a good day.

JB7

I’d be thinking Tranmere print the tickets? And been in league 2 with financial reasons I’d imagine the quality wouldn’t be great anyway
Nah United have printed them. Would have been much easier (and cheaper) to just email them out as they're effectively just PDFs that can be scanned off your phone anyway.

Red00012

Nah United have printed them. Would have been much easier (and cheaper) to just email them out as they're effectively just PDFs that can be scanned off your phone anyway.
Fair enough.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Seemed a heck of a lot of empties, watching the game!
Suppose that's simply due to the very short notice period to get tickets sold?

Fingers crossed for an away in the 5th round!!

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Seemed a heck of a lot of empties, watching the game!
Suppose that's simply due to the very short notice period to get tickets sold?

Fingers crossed for an away in the 5th round!!
Was sold out, just the usual of people stood in the aisle and not their seat. Good atmosphere today.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was sold out, just the usual of people stood in the aisle and not their seat. Good atmosphere today.
I meant the home end. You could see in the main stand there was about 8 or 9 rows totally empty in one end of that stand!
Loads of gaps elsewhere too.

JB7

I meant the home end. You could see in the main stand there was about 8 or 9 rows totally empty in one end of that stand!
Loads of gaps elsewhere too.
Those rows were empty because they were behind their disabled section, looked like they were sat in oversized plastic dugouts.

Some of the gaps will have come about because of how many United bought in the home end and jibbed into the away end and others because when it got to 3/4-0 loads of them literally walked out, presumably the Liverpool fan types who just wanted to laugh at us.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Pair in J stand for Wolves on the weekend - good view and atmosphere

FV of course - inbox for details

Edit: GONE

Last edited:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Nice to see the club have already taken the payment for the home Europa game against Brugge which is over a month away. At least they're on the ball at one thing I suppose.

ChrisNelson

Massive long shot but Derby is on my doorstep so if anyone can sort me out 2 tickets in the United end (if they win the replay against Northampton) I'll be your friend for eternity.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Nice to see the club have already taken the payment for the home Europa game against Brugge which is over a month away. At least they're on the ball at one thing I suppose.
I got caught out on this - planned to opt out but forgot about it

anyway seems the club have got less militant about this as they gave me a refund without much fuss

hp88

It's all good, it's going into the Bruno Fernandes pot :lol:

Aziz2112

Bit early, but if anyone doesn't plan on using their season tickets for the Villa game at Villa park I will buy them off of you, would be my first away game :)