All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

RedDevilRoshi

I'm looking to go to the Bournemouth game with my mate on 11th April. Never been to a game before and I'm pretty clueless tbh. Does anyone know when those tickets will go on sale? What's the best way to buy them if you aren't a member? Any help greatly appreciated.
Tickets for that game are on sale just now on the official website.

Marcelinho87

Can anybody recommend any parking for Thursday? I used to park in the Lowry back in the day, that still viable?

Will be there for about 5.30pm so can grab some food etc before we go in.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I’m desperate to get 1 extra ticket for a mate of mine for the derby on the 8th.

Please let me know if there are any spares going!

Cheers.

Marcelinho87

Didsbury is a great place to park. If you park at the cineworld it is free car parking and you can get the tram to old Trafford. Leaving the ground most fans are going in the opposite direction so you can be on the M6 before it gets really busy.
Just seen this comment, If I get to this Cineworld for say 5pm I assume there will be a load of spots available and I can leave my car here until after the game for free? If so I will look up where the tram station is and go from there.

PM me if you can't comment for whatever reason I am not sure how the newbie thing works.

philipos

I usually park in the car park in Warren Bruce Road. It’s £7 but very easy to get away from as long as you leave straight after the final whistle.

Just seen this comment, If I get to this Cineworld for say 5pm I assume there will be a load of spots available and I can leave my car here until after the game for free? If so I will look up where the tram station is and go from there.

PM me if you can't comment for whatever reason I am not sure how the newbie thing works.

Stuoxford

Hi, the cineworld car park is free and you will be able to get a space. There is also a car park at the tram station which, I wouldn't imagine is expensive. It is a 5 min walk to the tram station from cineworld.

Reactions: jojojo

Marcelinho87

Hi, the cineworld car park is free and you will be able to get a space. There is also a car park at the tram station which, I wouldn't imagine is expensive. It is a 5 min walk to the tram station from cineworld.
Parked up at Cineworld and had no issues.

Cheers.

oynutta

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone ends up having a spare for the away tie at LASK, let me know! Living in Austria at the moment and would love to see us play here. Cheers!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was wondering why they hadn't changed the date of the Sheff Utd home game to the sunday, with LASK being Thursday 19th March.

But obviously the Sheff Utd game is dependent on the FA Cup game v Derby!

MS4

Also from austria. Would love to watch us play for the first time in a stadium
Any advice appreciated

robinrooney

I don't think you guys asking for Euro away tickets understand how ticketing for them works.

Firstly, everyone that wants to go applies in the ballot. Then tickets are allocated to the people with the most credits. Seeing as there will probably be less than 1000 away tickets, the chances will be very low that many of us will get tickets in the ballot.

If successful, we will be sent a voucher. We will be told a place in the host city where we have to produce the voucher with passport. Then we would get the ticket.

Nobody is going to go through all that and then sell the ticket on to a stranger.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I don't think you guys asking for Euro away tickets understand how ticketing for them works.

Firstly, everyone that wants to go applies in the ballot. Then tickets are allocated to the people with the most credits. Seeing as there will probably be less than 1000 away tickets, the chances will be very low that many of us will get tickets in the ballot.

If successful, we will be sent a voucher. We will be told a place in the host city where we have to produce the voucher with passport. Then we would get the ticket.

Nobody is going to go through all that and then sell the ticket on to a stranger.
I'll go through this spend a few hundred quid then chuck it to some random fella on here because 'he's never seen us live before!'.

Cant see why not.

doomy20

So as a non fanclub member living in Austria, it is impossible to get away tickets?

So as a non fanclub member living in Austria, it is impossible to get away tickets?
Well yes, he just explained it to you.

Unless someone wants to travel all the way from the UK just to collect his/her ticket by showing their passport and voucher and then just passing it over to the Austrian dude and flying home to the UK again.

Or.... if you're really really lucky, an Austrian Manchester United member/season ticket holder with enough euro away credits gets lucky in the ballot but then just decides that he doesn't fancy seeing United in his home country so gives it over to you.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?

You missed the part where they risk dying from coronavirus in the process.

PaulScholes99

Could anybody maybe help me with tickets for the away game vs Lask on 12th? I would really appreciate if a member could help me, looking for 2 tickets as i am living in Austria and this is a big chance to watch a game live for me.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Could anybody maybe help me with tickets for the away game vs Lask on 12th? I would really appreciate if a member could help me, looking for 2 tickets as i am living in Austria and this is a big chance to watch a game live for me.
:lol: Nicely played!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'm developing an increasingly low opinion of Austrians reading this thread.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
United could do with getting the option to opt out of games (like this next Europa game) on the site a bit quicker...

They send the email out saying click here to opt out, and say you have to do it by 8-9am Monday, but it's now Saturday 3pm and they still don't actually have the option to opt out up!

PaulScholes99

Sorry, was on a business trip and had no time for reading the posts before mine, just wanted to ask. Didn't know how the system is working of course, just thought with corona virus and game on thursday not a lot of people would be interested in watching the game so i decided to ask. My bad! Unfortunately not played for giggles.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Or in case one of you gets the chance for tickets you can just send me your passport per post, I will drive to Linz, get the tickets and send back the passport to you.
No Corona virus, no traveling, just a bit of faith in a random fella from the internet.

Seriously this is a bit of a shame. Newspapers in Austria today said they could easily fill the Happel stadium in Vienna (appr. 47.000 seats) but LASK is not interested.

The home tickets will be exclusively sold to LASK season ticket holders in the first place. If there are any left the remaining tickets will be sold starting from Friday, 6.3. at 10 am.
Here the Info:
https://www.lask.at/ticket-verkauf-fuer-das-europa-league-achtelfinale/

I do not understand why this is so complicated as LASK (as far as I understand) organizes the ticket sale for the OT game and fans can buy them directly in Linz so how comes that United fans have to pick up tickets away?

This is a bit frustrating as most of us might only be able to visit OT once every few years. This would be a chance to jump into the car after work, drive 2 hours, watch the lads and drive back.

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
Or in case one of you gets the chance for tickets you can just send me your passport per post, I will drive to Linz, get the tickets and send back the passport to you.
No Corona virus, no traveling, just a bit of faith in a random fella from the internet.

Seriously this is a bit of a shame. Newspapers in Austria today said they could easily fill the Happel stadium in Vienna (appr. 47.000 seats) but LASK is not interested.

The home tickets will be exclusively sold to LASK season ticket holders in the first place. If there are any left the remaining tickets will be sold starting from Friday, 6.3. at 10 am.
Here the Info:

I do not understand why this is so complicated as LASK (as far as I understand) organizes the ticket sale for the OT game and fans can buy them directly in Linz so how comes that United fans have to pick up tickets away?

This is a bit frustrating as most of us might only be able to visit OT once every few years. This would be a chance to jump into the car after work, drive 2 hours, watch the lads and drive back.
People used to apply for euro aways just to get the credits for the later more sought after matches, this was when Utd used to get to later stages regularly...

They would either not go or pass on tickets to other persons but as long as they had said credits it meant they were guaranteed semi/final tickets if we got there.

It was an abuse of the credit system and would prevent other fans who actually wanted to attend these lesser attractive games.

The club quite rightly introduced a collection at the game system to stop this and make sure regular loyal match going supporters were rewarded with the credits for going to these away games.

It is what it is I'm afraid.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Can't seem to opt my wife's season ticket out for the LASK match. Just get the following: "THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO EVENTS TO MANAGE. Please check back soon."

United could do with getting the option to opt out of games (like this next Europa game) on the site a bit quicker...

They send the email out saying click here to opt out, and say you have to do it by 8-9am Monday, but it's now Saturday 3pm and they still don't actually have the option to opt out up!
I'm not the only one then!

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Can't seem to opt my wife's season ticket out for the LASK match. Just get the following: "THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO EVENTS TO MANAGE. Please check back soon."

I'm not the only one then!
Yes there is an issue with the website for LASK opt outs - I emailed the ticket office directly to ask for the opt out and they sorted it

Nowadays they will also refund you if the purchase goes through and you didnt want it

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes there is an issue with the website for LASK opt outs - I emailed the ticket office directly to ask for the opt out and they sorted it

Nowadays they will also refund you if the purchase goes through and you didnt want it
Thank goodness. Tried a few times over the weekend but forgot to check today as was driving 300miles!
Then got the "we've taken the money" and i thought dammit!
The automated phone call seems to suggest you can call to cancel on wed.

My bloody fault for not opting out at the start of the season.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
1 spare needed for City guys!

Please PM me if you have one available or know anyone who does.

I’m a ST holder so can repay the favour.

Cheers.

Last edited:

philipos

They always check the passport photo to the person so that wouldn’t work!

Here the Info:

Robbo*

Anyone travelling back to London after the Derby County game tomorrow?

daveoliver91

Hi guys!

Was wondering if anyone has a couple of tickets for the game this weekend against City? Might be interested in going!
PM me please :)

Striker

I’m in Notts today for work looking for one Derby ticket tonight if anyone is selling?

diarm

Was the Sheffield United match always likely to be rearranged? I'm after booking the flights already like a gobshite.