All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

philipos

I was due to go to Linz (but didn’t - I managed to cancel hotel and part of train fare in Austria). I’ve just received a text from the club to say that as well as refunding the match ticket they will pay a fixed amount of £350 to cover travel costs. For once, the club have been very generous.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I've got all the fixtures in my calendar. Had a reminder yesterday that LASK game was gonna kick off in 15 minutes
No idea what you’re on about, mate. United played Juve last night and are off to the Nou Camp after winning 3-2!

Stuoxford

Hi, on a more serious side, I’ve been getting my renewal docs for next season. Can the club be in a position to offer season tickets for next year? No one knows when the season will restart and, will they offer refunds for the remaining games for this season. Football might be behind close doors for a long time. And I’m an optimist!,,

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hi, on a more serious side, I’ve been getting my renewal docs for next season. Can the club be in a position to offer season tickets for next year? No one knows when the season will restart and, will they offer refunds for the remaining games for this season. Football might be behind close doors for a long time. And I’m an optimist!,,
Was that in the post?
They can't stick with the original 1st may deadline as that's the earliest we can even get this season going for again!

Yik

Yes I've been wondering about this too as I got a call this afternoon from United. I mean for me its not a renewal but a first time thing. I'm personally of the opinion that there is a very high probability of next season being a complete washout. Certainly there is almost zero chance of football resuming in stadiums in August.

Apparently legally, they dont have to refund you for lost matches, its something to do with the terms of the season ticket.

Stuoxford

Yep it seems slightly devious that they are keen for their fans to sign up for a season that might not even take place. I thought they would have waited until the season starts again. In this way, they would be in a position to see if they could honour this season’s remaining games.

No chance the club can do renewals before it's even decided how this season is to finish and whether or not it'll be BCD.

If the season gets played out in May/June/July BCD then the club will almost certainly be offering ST holders a credit on next season rather than refunds, so it'll make much more sense for them to hold off and offer that option.

Apparently legally, they dont have to refund you for lost matches, its something to do with the terms of the season ticket.

Well legally that's bollocks obviously, despite what it says in the T&C's @Yik.

All hotel chains in the UK, including the notoriously difficult Premier Inn and Travelodge have this week had to offer refunds/cancellations/vouchers/rebooking on their NON-FLEX rates. The T&C's are crystal clear here but legally they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

As mentioned in my previous post United will almost certainly offer a 4 match discount on renewals as compensation for these final 4 homes games if played BCD.

Yik

Yep it seems slightly devious that they are keen for their fans to sign up for a season that might not even take place. I thought they would have waited until the season starts again. In this way, they would be in a position to see if they could honour this season’s remaining games.
I would be alright with paying up as long as United (and other clubs) are transparent about the fact that this may well amount to an interest free loan for possibly the duration of next season, and that the season ticket is just for whenever football resumes whenever that may be. The lads that call you up from United aren't really up front with this which I find rather odd. United need to be clear what happens to the season ticket in case of a curtailed season, a season played BCD or a completely suspended season. They surely, at this point in time cannot believe a packed Old Trafford in August is anything but a pipedream.

Also, the more I think about it, it seems unjustifiable to give such a loan to United given we wouldn't be in financial stress even if the suspension of football is massively prolonged.

Well legally that's bollocks obviously, despite what it says in the T&C's @Yik.

All hotel chains in the UK, including the notoriously difficult Premier Inn and Travelodge have this week had to offer refunds/cancellations/vouchers/rebooking on their NON-FLEX rates. The T&C's are crystal clear here but legally they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

As mentioned in my previous post United will almost certainly offer a 4 match discount on renewals as compensation for these final 4 homes games if played BCD.
I had a quick read of this article :

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...tickets-refund-coronavirus-fixtures-suspended

Manchester United’s ticketing policy says: “Where any match is cancelled, abandoned or postponed the Club shall have no liability whatsoever to Ticket Holders or any Authorised User in respect of any such match except that, following any cancellation, abandonment or postponement of a home match, a Ticket Holder (or an Authorised User) shall be entitled to attend the rearranged match (if any).”

However for goodwill reasons I would imagine, that yes it would be a PR disaster not to refund in these circumstances.

Manchester United’s ticketing policy says: “Where any match is cancelled, abandoned or postponed the Club shall have no liability whatsoever to Ticket Holders or any Authorised User in respect of any such match except that, following any cancellation, abandonment or postponement of a home match, a Ticket Holder (or an Authorised User) shall be entitled to attend the rearranged match (if any).”

However for goodwill reasons I would imagine, that yes it would be a PR disaster not to refund in these circumstances.
Yeah I know it's in the T&C's, I said that; but Premier Inn, Travelodge and a shit load of other huge companies also don't have to offer you a penny on NON-FLEX stuff according to much stricter T&C's. But currently they are, because legally they would be fecked otherwise.

Non-Flex rate room bookings may be cancelled (i) within 24 hours of making a booking, or (ii) before 1pm where a booking is made less than 24 hours prior to 1pm on the day of arrival. A full refund will usually be processed to the same debit/credit card the next working day, however it may take a few days for the funds to reach your account. A cancellation reference will be given and should be retained as proof of cancellation. For the avoidance of doubt, the room(s), any associated meals and/or other additional extras cannot be cancelled, amended or refunded after the cancellation period (including any “no shows”), although additional meals or extras may still be added.

You are not entitled to cancel or withdraw from your reservation under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.

For bookings for stays from 19th March – 31st May 2020
Based on the latest Government advice we will now be providing customers an opportunity to cancel their Non-Flex or Semi-Flex booking and obtain a full refund. At this stage, this only applies to customers whose stay is due to commence between 19th March 2020 and 31st May 2020. The booking must be cancelled by 23:59 the day prior to arrival.

T&C's are not always legally binding, and in this case of Covid-19 there's feck all chance they will be so it won't be for PR reasons.

Last edited:

Stuoxford

I would have thought they would have been totally upfront about season tickets. The fact that my latest email was only last week seems that they are keen to get the money of their fans. If we paid, I bet we wouldn’t get the money back without a fight.

klayton88

Any news regarding Europa? All the talk seems to be about the prem. I seem to think the club emailed me when all this broke about refunding my LASK home ticket but I can't find that email for the life of me. Did I dream it?

philipos

I don’t remember receiving an email about a refund for the LASK home match.

Any news regarding Europa? All the talk seems to be about the prem. I seem to think the club emailed me when all this broke about refunding my LASK home ticket but I can't find that email for the life of me. Did I dream it?

rotherham_red

We haven't been refunded for the LASK home game. United also have £120 of mine for 2 x Spurs away and 2 x Norwich away
Think we'll have the option of either being refunded, or having the costs taken off next season's ST (if we have a next season that isn't behind closed doors)

Though nothing has been said about the away games, and I was successful in my applications for Spurs and Brighton away.

klayton88

They didn't say they'd refund right now but would should it be cancelled or played behind closed doors but I must have deleted the email.

Jpar

I spoke to the club today, they've said they will either credit the remaiing Premier league games off next seasons ticket or issue a refund. LASK and away games will be refunded once it has been confirmed as BCD. You an also call up to request a refund on these games before they are confirmed BCD at any time though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Think I'll get in touch with them when the games are confirmed as BCD / binned, as that's surely going to be announced fairly soon.

They give the option of taking it off the STH, but they surely can't offer any sort of STH until 2021 for half a season, so you're just putting yourself out of pocket for a long time waiting.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Yeah they phoned me yesterday and just checked up on me which was good. I asked about getting a refund for my tickets and they said that can be done whenever. (I’m a member)

RedDevilRoshi

Just got a call from the club checking up to see how I was doing which is nice of them. They mentioned that all members are going to be receiving an e-mail once it’s officially confirmed that the season is going to either be played BCD or null & voided. Confirmed that anyone who purchased tickets for the remaining fixtures, that they now won’t be able to attend, will be getting refunded in full.

Also asked if I wanted my membership to still be automatically renewed for next season. Decided not to since I can’t see fans being allowed entry into stadiums for a fair while and your just wasting money.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Thanks for the information guys.

I do intend to renew my season ticket, although it does feel a bit silly to do so under the circumstances.

rotherham_red

Looking very likely that next season will be BCD as well. I'm probably going to give them a ring to get a refund on the away tickets and carry the cost of the home games left on my account over to next season's ST (whenever that's on sale)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Email today said that to make it easy they'll discount the last four games off next season's tickets.

But surely when it's clear there will be plenty of next season BCD they won't be in any position to offer a STH for ages. If at all.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Email today said that to make it easy they'll discount the last four games off next season's tickets.

But surely when it's clear there will be plenty of next season BCD they won't be in any position to offer a STH for ages. If at all.
I reckon they'll offer some kind of MUTV streaming service instead (which everyone will just hack for free), prob chuck in some merch as well.

Did your email say how much your refund/next season ticket is? Mine just says '£'

Edit: They've literally just text me about this issue and told me the exact amount.

Last edited:

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
There are two different emails that got sent out today.

For those who have already renewed their season ticket, they will receive a refund for the 4 remaining home games.

For those of you like me who haven’t yet renewed, they will be taking that money off next seasons ticket. So mine is £555 for next year. Obviously if you don’t want to renew you will get a refund on the 4 games.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017

There are two different emails that got sent out today.

For those who have already renewed their season ticket, they will receive a refund for the 4 remaining home games.

For those of you like me who haven’t yet renewed, they will be taking that money off next seasons ticket. So mine is £555 for next year. Obviously if you don’t want to renew you will get a refund on the 4 games.
Yep I've just had the correction email where they actually state the £ value of £550 for next season's ticket.

Does all feel like this will be in vain given how likely next season will be behind closed doors.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yep.
I suppose the only smart move is to ring up and get the refund now.
Otherwise you're probably just delaying it for 6months or more.

Blake's 7

We've two linked ST, just had 2 emails without a cost for next season just the £ sign, then one text with an actual amount followed by 2 emails with the adjusted amount they want for next season - whenever that may be. What an administrative cluster, no wonder that they can't work a fax machine:houllier:
Basically it would appear they just want an interest free loan off their ST fanbase :nono: Very naughty, in my opinion they should be processing an automatic refund - who knows when we're going to see the inside of OT again - except on the TV, games for the foreseeable future are all surely going to be bcd.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We've two linked ST, just had 2 emails without a cost for next season just the £ sign, then one text with an actual amount followed by 2 emails with the adjusted amount they want for next season - whenever that may be. What an administrative cluster, no wonder that they can't work a fax machine:houllier:
Basically it would appear they just want an interest free loan off their ST fanbase :nono: Very naughty, in my opinion they should be processing an automatic refund - who knows when we're going to see the inside of OT again - except on the TV, games for the foreseeable future are all surely going to be bcd.
They did originally offer the refund once it was clear it'd be BCD or voided, but also the option to reduce off next year's price.

They probably realised it's a lot simpler doing this one off calculation off next year's price.
But they must know there's zero chance of next season being a full stadium season. So all they're really doing is delaying another re-calculation.

I was going to stop renewing, but if the season came back say March-April in stadiums, and we had some tasty games it could be quite good!

robinrooney

I'm gonna renew. My ST will be £555 but with there being most of next season BCD they will have to refund all those games back to me. Saves the hassle of trying to sell 4 x United v Colchester on a Tuesday night in November.

hp88

I'm gonna renew. My ST will be £555 but with there being most of next season BCD they will have to refund all those games back to me. Saves the hassle of trying to sell 4 x United v Colchester on a Tuesday night in November.
I will renewing but @Blake's 7 has a point though, I haven’t read the email yet put they shouldn’t be asking for anything until the doors open at OT.

Evans999

I think we'll all renew, Next season there will be games played behind closed doors say August - Late October. Then at the end of that season we'll be offered a refund or a further discount off 2021-2022 Season.

I'd quite like if games are missed through being behind closed doors, they could have a credit system. For example if the first 5 Games home games are missed through being BCD's they could say you have (£40 x 5 = £200)

You could choose the £200 to be allocated to pay for Aways and Cup games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No sense at all in renewing before either a deadline or before more clarity on how next season will go.

Otherwise you're just doing without 100s of quid for no benefit.

Member 101269

No sense at all in renewing before either a deadline or before more clarity on how next season will go.

Otherwise you're just doing without 100s of quid for no benefit.

I can't disagree; although the balance on my two is £660 each there is no deadline, no evidence when games will begin BCD let alone with crowds. I'm going to wait and see.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
United are slick and can no doubt automate refunds payments etc. Otherwise id say are they guaranteeing themselves a lot of admin with all of this.

I suppose clubs much prefer to take monies in then potentially defer to the next year or issue refunds then not.