All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Whatsername

Just got a call from the club checking up to see how I was doing which is nice of them. They mentioned that all members are going to be receiving an e-mail once it’s officially confirmed that the season is going to either be played BCD or null & voided. Confirmed that anyone who purchased tickets for the remaining fixtures, that they now won’t be able to attend, will be getting refunded in full.

Also asked if I wanted my membership to still be automatically renewed for next season. Decided not to since I can’t see fans being allowed entry into stadiums for a fair while and your just wasting money.
I emailed them two weeks ago about membership, seeing as the payment direct debits were due to go out of the bank account at the end of May, and got this reply:

In light of the current situation the payment date for the direct debit Official Membership has been extended. The direct debit payments are now scheduled to be taken on Friday 26 June.

RedDevilRoshi

I emailed them two weeks ago about membership, seeing as the payment direct debits were due to go out of the bank account at the end of May, and got this reply:

In light of the current situation the payment date for the direct debit Official Membership has been extended. The direct debit payments are now scheduled to be taken on Friday 26 June.
I cancelled my membership for next season. Personally can’t see fans being able to attend games next season until maybe (if it is completely safe to do so) the 2nd half of the season after Christmas and even then it will probably be just a phased return, so match tickets are going to be extremely hard to come by and I just cannot see there being over 70,000 fans at Old Trafford next season until again it is completely safe to do so.

Also, did anyone receive an e-mail from the club last Tuesday confirming that they have refunded the cost of your match ticket(s) for any of the remaining games of the season that you could no longer attend due to it being cancelled because of this pandemic and is now going to be getting played BCD? I got 2 emails (one addressed for me and the other for my dad) stating that the match tickets I had bought for myself and my dad for the Southampton game, that was due to be played in April, were going to be getting refunded but I haven’t received any money in my bank account yet. Then again the e-mail does state 3-5 working days to show, so maybe I’m being a little impatient and should just wait till tomorrow before chasing but just wondering if anyone has received their ticket(s) refunds for this season’s remaining fixtures that they now cannot attend?

Last edited:

Red00012

I cancelled my membership for next season. Personally can’t see fans being able to attend games next season until maybe (if it is completely safe to do so) the 2nd half of the season after Christmas and even then it will probably be just a phased return, so match tickets are going to be extremely hard to come by and I just cannot see there being over 70,000 fans at Old Trafford next season until again it is completely safe to do so.

Also, did anyone receive an e-mail from the club last Tuesday confirming that they have refunded the cost of your match ticket(s) for any of the remaining games of the season that you could no longer attend due to it being cancelled because of this pandemic and is now going to be getting played BCD? I got 2 emails (one addressed for me and the other for my dad) stating that the match tickets I had bought for myself and my dad for the Southampton game, that was due to be played in April, were going to be getting refunded but I haven’t received any money in my bank account yet. Then again the e-mail does state 3-5 working days to show, so maybe I’m being a little impatient and should just wait till tomorrow before chasing but just wondering if anyone has received their ticket(s) refunds for this season’s remaining fixtures that they now cannot attend?
I also received a call from them, I asked the guy I was speaking to would the membership be discounted if games are behind closed doors as I’ve 2 memberships to be paying and the only reason I am a member is for tickets .

He said they were looking at different options based on what is decided in the next few weeks in regard to next season.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Apologies if I have missed it, but has a new season ticket renewal deadline been announced yet?

Whatsername

I also received a call from them, I asked the guy I was speaking to would the membership be discounted if games are behind closed doors as I’ve 2 memberships to be paying and the only reason I am a member is for tickets .

He said they were looking at different options based on what is decided in the next few weeks in regard to next season.
I’ve just had an email saying that the direct debit payment will be taken on June 26th, and it’s for the full amount for the two lite memberships that we have.
I’ll be cancelling until we can actually start going to matches again. We only use it for getting tickets.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Email just then about 2 free sky day passes (doesn't say they have to be for the United games), and 2months free for Man Utd tv. (Both x2 with 2 STs)

Decent.

Was going to get a £34 NOW TV deal, but will probably hold off and use these passes first.

rotherham_red

Does anyone know what the plan is regarding next season and when we might be back in the stadium? I bloody miss it :(

Evans999

Does anyone know what the plan is regarding next season and when we might be back in the stadium? I bloody miss it :(
I'm worried there will be a capped/reduced capacity for the majority of next season and having to apply for Home tickets.

Imagine the trauma of being chubbed for Burnley at home.

rotherham_red

I'm worried there will be a capped/reduced capacity for the majority of next season and having to apply for Home tickets.

Wonder how that works for the ST holders on the wheelchair platform (of which, I am one) - plus, with social distancing etc, what would it mean for the out-of-town ST holders (again, of which I am one) - looks like I might have to take a season's break from going to games if those rules are in place. I wouldn't want to give up my seat though. It's the perfect one for me and I get on with the people who sit on either side of me.

philipos

Email just then about 2 free sky day passes (doesn't say they have to be for the United games), and 2months free for Man Utd tv. (Both x2 with 2 STs)

Decent.

Was going to get a £34 NOW TV deal, but will probably hold off and use these passes first.
It's £25 pm for a Sky Sports Month Pass on NOW TV but only until 2 July. I've gone for this then will use my free day passes to get me to the end of the season (as I have 2 STs). Need to remember to cancel the Month Pass before the month is out.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's £25 pm for a Sky Sports Month Pass on NOW TV but only until 2 July. I've gone for this then will use my free day passes to get me to the end of the season (as I have 2 STs). Need to remember to cancel the Month Pass before the month is out.
So annoying they've changed that, as I was just going to use my free day passes from having season tickets, and then get straight on the one monther.
Presumably on July 3rd it's back to £34 a month for a single month but would still leave 10 days to fill in between.

If anyone already has sky and wants to donate their free passes to old sandikan, do PM me :lol: :drool:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

I presume there will be a phased introduction of fans, with season ticket holders getting priority. How you then prioritise them is another matter, because you might only have 25% capacity. Season ticket length would be one way of prioritising.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I presume there will be a phased introduction of fans, with season ticket holders getting priority. How you then prioritise them is another matter, because you might only have 25% capacity. Season ticket length would be one way of prioritising.
I had originally planned not to renew my two after 7 years, but i'm weighing this up now, as it might be a decent way to keep them on, but not be under pressure to fill them every week!

Will be interesting - what they could do, is not offer any new ST this year, so 50,000 might drop to say 40-45k, and then ballot the allowable amount, out of those who apply

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I had originally planned not to renew my two after 7 years, but i'm weighing this up now, as it might be a decent way to keep them on, but not be under pressure to fill them every week!

Will be interesting - what they could do, is not offer any new ST this year, so 50,000 might drop to say 40-45k, and then ballot the allowable amount, out of those who apply
We’ve just had a baby and so my wife was planning on giving up her season ticket, but by the time we could both reasonably attend again, we might not have missed out on too much.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We’ve just had a baby and so my wife was planning on giving up her season ticket, but by the time we could both reasonably attend again, we might not have missed out on too much.
My local boys are starting selling season tickets today. The details aren't yet released but they seem yo be working to the assumption that it'll be 25% capacity.

So for Wycombe that handily fits our 2,450 season ticket holders this year, so only current ones can get one.

No idea if it will scale up to United and say 18500 or so allowed in!

cbmufc

United suggesting a direct debit for my membership on Friday for next year. Given we almost certainly won't be in Stadiums come September (start of new season) and when we will be you would assume ST's to be correctly given priority - its incredibly disingenuous to pay and then not use for the year.

However, my only concern is if you cancel membership - do you lose Euro credits? Despite how much I think this is a joke, for £20 i'd rather hold onto my euro credits than drop to the bottom. I can't see any European travel for some time but in any case. It's annoying because I'd be straight back to membership assuming football is back so why do they need £20 off me this week.

Reactions: Sultan

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
The club have made an 84-page digital match day programme available to season ticket holders online. A nice touch and will hopefully keep the programme editing team in a job too.

cbmufc

United suggesting a direct debit for my membership on Friday for next year. Given we almost certainly won't be in Stadiums come September (start of new season) and when we will be you would assume ST's to be correctly given priority - its incredibly disingenuous to pay and then not use for the year.

However, my only concern is if you cancel membership - do you lose Euro credits? Despite how much I think this is a joke, for £20 i'd rather hold onto my euro credits than drop to the bottom. I can't see any European travel for some time but in any case. It's annoying because I'd be straight back to membership assuming football is back so why do they need £20 off me this week.
Rang the club and cancelled > keep euro credits. Lady on phone was fine to be fair completely agreed.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Just had a free BT Sport match pass for the game on Saturday from the club. It seems so far they are footing the bill for all the non-free games to season ticket holders. Absolute class by United again. My brother is fuming he's forked out for Sky :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just had a free BT Sport match pass for the game on Saturday from the club. It seems so far they are footing the bill for all the non-free games to season ticket holders. Absolute class by United again. My brother is fuming he's forked out for Sky :lol:
I used the 4 free passes for the Now TV sky games (2xSTH), but still paid £34 to watch the next month of action.
Similar with BT, £25 as I wanted to watch a month's worth.

The free pass for this game is nice though, but doesn't work as well as the Now TV passes that could be used on any game.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I used the 4 free passes for the Now TV sky games (2xSTH), but still paid £34 to watch the next month of action.
Similar with BT, £25 as I wanted to watch a month's worth.

The free pass for this game is nice though, but doesn't work as well as the Now TV passes that could be used on any game.
I'm just pleased they're going out of their way to ensure we can watch at no expense, can't say fairer than that really.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm just pleased they're going out of their way to ensure we can watch at no expense, can't say fairer than that really.
Yep it is a good effort, as they're refunding/discounting next season AND this, which is beyond the call of duty.

klayton88

Had an email today saying my LASK ticket has been refunded as it's confirmed to be behind closed doors, obviously.

rotherham_red

Yep it is a good effort, as they're refunding/discounting next season AND this, which is beyond the call of duty.
Are they? I had the option of getting the refund for this season, or having the cost discounted to next season's ST, but not both.

As it stands, I don't know when we'll be back at the stadium, but I assume it will likely be January 2021 at the absolute earliest, and that's only if we don't get that second wave.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Are they? I had the option of getting the refund for this season, or having the cost discounted to next season's ST, but not both.

As it stands, I don't know when we'll be back at the stadium, but I assume it will likely be January 2021 at the absolute earliest, and that's only if we don't get that second wave.
No mate, the "and this" was in response to the free match voucher for bt!

I didn't mean they were discounting next season AND refunding this season. That'd be mad.

Parma Dewol

Does anybody know if season ticket holders will be given another BT Sport match pass for tomorrow night's game against Palace?

Club has been good so far in ensuring we get to watch the games we can't attend, but maybe we won't get a pass for Palace as it is an away fixture?

mark_a

Does anybody know if season ticket holders will be given another BT Sport match pass for tomorrow night's game against Palace?

Club has been good so far in ensuring we get to watch the games we can't attend, but maybe we won't get a pass for Palace as it is an away fixture?

I was wondering this, but as we've not had to pre-register or had any information through it looks like we won't get a pass. Unless anyone knows any different? It'll be because it's an away game, so the club's got no obligation to us

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Still very vague.

Will the pilot events take care of the say 25% of venue thing, and October will be full grounds, or will October still most likely be a limited crowd job?

rotherham_red

I wonder if the ST holders on the wheelchair platform would be ok, as the seating arrangements there are more than sufficient re social distancing, etc.

Potentially could mean that I can attend every game!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
How many season ticket holders do we have? I presume too many for all of us to go back at first, but how many at gold or silver to prioritise those?