All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

rotherham_red

How many season ticket holders do we have? I presume too many for all of us to go back at first, but how many at gold or silver to prioritise those?
About 55k ST holders as far as I'm aware. It's why getting a hold of match tickets, any match tickets at all, is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Thank God those days are over for me!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
About 55k ST holders as far as I'm aware. It's why getting a hold of match tickets, any match tickets at all, is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Thank God those days are over for me!
Tickets were probably never easier to get than the last year or so.
Even city at home tickets were coming up on this thread!
And it was a sunday not some weird Monday nighter in Jan in a fuel crisis or something.

rotherham_red

Tickets were probably never easier to get than the last year or so.
Even city at home tickets were coming up on this thread!
And it was a sunday not some weird Monday nighter in Jan in a fuel crisis or something.
Yeah, I was speaking more generally. This season has obviously been different with the level of antipathy that had developed towards the board, allied to the poor on-pitch performances at the time...

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
So this game isn't on free TV, yet United haven't sent out any Now TV passes for season ticket holders either...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Will be very interesting how they pitch the season tickets.
No crowds at all for a few weeks, then most likely massively reduced ones.

Might be the first time the years of owning a season ticket has some actual benefit. Or they might just ballot or rotate STH with no newbies allowed.

Probably makes most sense to hold off as late as possible rather than continually refund non attended games

Whatsername

Just out of curiosity, how’s it working with payment for next season? Are they charging full price from the outset and then refunding per game until supporters are allowed back in?

Cpt Negative

Just out of curiosity, how’s it working with payment for next season? Are they charging full price from the outset and then refunding per game until supporters are allowed back in?
they haven’t 100% confirmed yet. The last update was next seasons ticket was the cost normally minus the refund for the missed home games.

now next season has a start date and it’s confirmed it’s behind closed doors for at least a month, id imagine those games will be knocked off too

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It makes sense for them to wait for the fixtures to be out as an absolute minimum. That'll be a couple of weeks after the championship play off final.

By then they'll have to work out how they'll decide which of our 50,000 season ticket holders will get preference for what will surely be a reduced capacity to start with.
Maybe it'll be as few as 40,000 with many not renewing, but i'll be intriguing.

I was gonna bin mine after a fair few years, but i'm monitoring it now. Could be worth my while if it's only a small amount of games you can get in for!

Whatsername

Thanks for the answers. Me and my son had been thinking about going on the waiting list now he’s got a job which allows him more time to go so I called earlier today to see about paying a deposit and got offered two together in the East stand. We usually sit there anyway with tickets through membership.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thanks for the answers. Me and my son had been thinking about going on the waiting list now he’s got a job which allows him more time to go so I called earlier today to see about paying a deposit and got offered two together in the East stand. We usually sit there anyway with tickets through membership.
You've got offered 2 season tickets now?!

Wow, must have been a lot of cancellers. As I expect a lot are doing what I'm doing - sort of drifting along non committal, seeing how it pans out.

Are the tickets quite high up? 40 rows.

Whatsername

You've got offered 2 season tickets now?!

Wow, must have been a lot of cancellers. As I expect a lot are doing what I'm doing - sort of drifting along non committal, seeing how it pans out.

Are the tickets quite high up? 40 rows.
Yep, only phoned to ask how to pay a deposit as I couldn’t find a way to do it online. There were a few groups of two in the East and in both the nw and ne quadrants, all 3rd tier.
They’re row 35, we usually end up around about there with membership tickets anyway. I expected we’d to have to wait a while and then be offered tier 4 of the North stand.

I even got through straight away on the phone.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yep, only phoned to ask how to pay a deposit as I couldn’t find a way to do it online. There were a few groups of two in the East and in both the nw and ne quadrants, all 3rd tier.
They’re row 35, we usually end up around about there with membership tickets anyway. I expected we’d to have to wait a while and then be offered tier 4 of the North stand.

I'm just imagining how high a 4th tier of the North would be :) You'd be closer to the action at home!

I did one game on Row 40 of East 2 once. It's a bit surreal, as you can just about see the other crossbar, but not much above it! I was a legend that day, as I had 2 tickets, one in Row 3 (i think) and one in Row 40. Let my mate have the lower down one, as he didn't go as often as me :)

Enjoy being in there for now, and you can work down the stand in the next year or 2 :)

Bosws87

Im in N2402 when i spoke to the ticket office they confirmed i can stay where i am, so i should be in the railed standing section when everything is back to normal, which is awesome.

Dannnny

Thanks for posting. I called today and managed to get a pair - well chuffed!

TheRedDevil2019

Renewed my pair the other day, "We would like to confirm that your Season Ticket is: Block E335 Row 20"

East stand can have a cracking atmosphere one game and then bang average the next. Still, it's the best alternative stand to the stretford (from my own experience before having a st), identical views and the atmosphere trumps the north and south sections.

ZupZup

I have a season ticket but can’t say I am that interested in going under social distancing measures etc. If I can’t stand with my mates and sing... it will be a bit shit.

I suspect they could give all ST holders a choice of opting out for matches with restrictions in place... then maybe run a ballot from those who opt in for each match if they are over subscribed.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have a season ticket but can’t say I am that interested in going under social distancing measures etc. If I can’t stand with my mates and sing... it will be a bit shit.

I suspect they could give all ST holders a choice of opting out for matches with restrictions in place... then maybe run a ballot from those who opt in for each match if they are over subscribed.
If they do this, I'll probably renew mine. Opt out quite regularly until it calms down, then be glad to still be a STH for the last few months.

It already sounded like the first month would be BCD. But if anything the gov are slightly tightening things up now, so maybe even restricted attendances might be pushed back.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Without wanting to tempt fate :nervous:

If anyone fancies it when we go through, I have the following Ryanair flights to Cologne which I cannot now use.

20th Aug London Stansted to Cologne - Leaving 13:50 Arriving 16:10 - 2 people £350 for both or £180 each which includes £115 flight name fee. Priority included.
23rd Aug Cologne to London Stansted - Leaving 21:40 Arriving 22:00 - 1 person £170 which includes £115 flight name change fee, priority fast track and seat 1A.
Parking for 1 car at Stansted Airport - Short Stay Premium Orange Zone - from 20th Aug 11:00 to 23 Aug 23:55 - £65

Mix & Match
The return flight for 1 person going out 20th and coming back 23rd £340
Return flight for 1 person + Parking £400
If someone wants all £550.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Without wanting to tempt fate :nervous:

If anyone fancies it when we go through, I have the following Ryanair flights to Cologne which I cannot now use.

20th Aug London Stansted to Cologne - Leaving 13:50 Arriving 16:10 - 2 people £350 for both or £180 each which includes £115 flight name fee. Priority included.
23rd Aug Cologne to London Stansted - Leaving 21:40 Arriving 22:00 - 1 person £170 which includes £115 flight name change fee, priority fast track and seat 1A.
Parking for 1 car at Stansted Airport - Short Stay Premium Orange Zone - from 20th Aug 11:00 to 23 Aug 23:55 - £65

Mix & Match
The return flight for 1 person going out 20th and coming back 23rd £340
Return flight for 1 person + Parking £400
If someone wants all £550.
Nice one :houllier:

It's behind closed doors anyway, why would you go there!?

robinrooney

I know of many fans that would have travelled. Guys that haven't missed games for years. I might have gone myself (I'm not in that bracket). There's nothing like a euro away, especially a final

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy

There was 12 of us booked to go. Most still are for a weekend break. I cannot due to unforseen circumstances that's why offered the flights and parking as they're a lot more expensive now.

There were United fans there since the quarters.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They will refund for any games you can't get into.

But it's pretty pointless offering tickets at the mo. More admin than it's worth!

Stuoxford

I’m going to hold fire on my renewal. I want to renew but don’t see any point until we get more info on next season.
To be honest, at 25%-30% max capacity, I think the atmosphere will be poor. Also, if you have staggered times for arrival at the stadium, It won’t add to the match day experience.

TheRedDevil2019

I'm guessing it will be paper tickets for the foreseeable future? No news on season tickets being mailed out for those of us that have already renewed. Unless the club state that those of you who have renewed can re-use the ST from the previous year. In any case, we have changed seats where we enter via a different entrance, so not sure how that is gonna work if we were to get the chance to go in October.

robinrooney

I rang up today to enquire about a season ticket for a family member. They said he had to get a membership first then he can go onto the ST waiting list. Sounds ridiculous to me

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's still no word on how many fans will even be allowed back into grounds in October yet. Until then, I dare say they can't make any moves with season tickets.

Am thinking of now asking for last year's refund. Might as well be sat in my account not theirs! Can always just pay whatever the price is next season, if and when it's doable!

Robin

There's still no word on how many fans will even be allowed back into grounds in October yet. Until then, I dare say they can't make any moves with season tickets.

Am thinking of now asking for last year's refund. Might as well be sat in my account not theirs! Can always just pay whatever the price is next season, if and when it's doable!
I am sure you can make use on the 0.01 interest rate you will get on your account, probably make 1p a year , leave it to the Leeches to pay their dividends

K Stand Knut

I am sure you can make use on the 0.01 interest rate you will get on your account, probably make 1p a year , leave it to the Leeches to pay their dividends
I haven’t read anything they’ve sent but I dare say they won’t agree to this either

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rang them, getting it back now.
Might as well be able to actually use it, rather than have it totally unnecessarily sat in someone else's account on some vague idea that we'll one day be allowed back in!

nickyboy1981

I was contacted yesterday as a previous season ticket holder asking if I wanted a season ticket, tempted tbh, they have reserved a seat at the back of the north stand (i'll live with it for a season) and I don't have to pay until they announce whats happening.

A question I had though, she mentioned the restricted view seats in the NE quadrant for £399 a season. anyone ever sat in them? are they bad? silly question given the price I suspect but can't seem to find a view online.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I was contacted yesterday as a previous season ticket holder asking if I wanted a season ticket, tempted tbh, they have reserved a seat at the back of the north stand (i'll live with it for a season) and I don't have to pay until they announce whats happening.

A question I had though, she mentioned the restricted view seats in the NE quadrant for £399 a season. anyone ever sat in them? are they bad? silly question given the price I suspect but can't seem to find a view online.
Wow that sounds cheap - like a kid's price.

I suspected pre research that you would potentially lose a bit of the far corner in some seats - blocked by a stand.

This site has a good amount of views
https://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/venue/Old+Trafford/sections/

These are the sections
http://www.tothe92.co.uk/groundguide/manchesterunited.html

So basically 2 tiers - NE3423 and NE3418 - fine - no problem, perfect view

I think NE3425&26 might be corporate areas - i would have thought these would be fine too.

This view from NE3425 suggests row 22 of 25 is fine, yet row 25 has a slight viewing loss in the corner - i suspect the left hand side photo is actually from one of the blocks i'll mention below - as corporate seats will have the best view per a section
https://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/venue/Old+Trafford/NE3425/

So it'll be the blocks NE3417,19,20,21,22,24 that would be the potential issue. But only quite far back if at all.
There's only views from 3 of these on the site.

https://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/venue/Old+Trafford/NE3417/

Looks a bit ropey if this is row 41 of 43. Back rows here have to be a risk.

https://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/venue/Old+Trafford/NE3421/

(Looks fine from row 25) Presumably goes up to row 43 like other blocks - similar risk to above>

https://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/venue/Old+Trafford/NE3424/

(looks fine from rows pics given - but what about the back rows as above.

Hope this helps at all mate!

Presumably the restricted view isn't one of these below instead!!

https://www.tripadvisor.ru/Location...ford_Trafford_Greater_Manchester_England.html

I've sat in row 40 (back row) of East 2 and you get about 1cm above the crossbar at the other end! Not great.

Last edited:

nickyboy1981

Wow that sounds cheap - like a kid's price.

I suspected pre research that you would potentially lose a bit of the far corner in some seats - blocked by a stand.

This site has a good amount of views
https://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/venue/Old+Trafford/sections/

These are the sections
http://www.tothe92.co.uk/groundguide/manchesterunited.html

So basically 2 tiers - NE3423 and NE3418 - fine - no problem, perfect view

I think NE3425&26 might be corporate areas - i would have thought these would be fine too.

This view from NE3425 suggests row 22 of 25 is fine, yet row 25 has a slight viewing loss in the corner - i suspect the left hand side photo is actually from one of the blocks i'll mention below - as corporate seats will have the best view per a section
https://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/venue/Old+Trafford/NE3425/

So it'll be the blocks NE3417,20,21,22,24 that would be the potential issue. But only quite far back if at all.
There's only views from 3 of these on the site.

https://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/venue/Old+Trafford/NE3417/

Looks a bit ropey if this is row 41 of 43. Back rows here have to be a risk.

https://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/venue/Old+Trafford/NE3421/

(Looks fine from row 25) Presumably goes up to row 43 like other blocks - similar risk to above>

https://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/venue/Old+Trafford/NE3424/

(looks fine from rows pics given - but what about the back rows as above.

Hope this helps at all mate!

Presumably the restricted view isn't one of these below instead!!

https://www.tripadvisor.ru/Location...ford_Trafford_Greater_Manchester_England.html

I've sat in row 40 (back row) of East 2 and you get about 1cm above the crossbar at the other end! Not great.
Thank you for that mate that's fantastic! Really useful.

I spoke to my mate who wanted to give them a try while it's still a bit up in the air which games were gonna get to see and whats happening (plus ongoing negotiations with the mrs's), and at £399 and 20 quid for champs league and FA cup it's worth a shot :) Will see what they are like and then switch next season if they are really bad.

The seats are in NE3419, Row 43 so right at the back, the agent said you lose the corner flag and have to tilt your head to see it so i reckon your pretty close with the 3425 pic, just a little further to the right and up 2 rows.

Bit naughty from United as this is the view they show when you go to renew your ticket :)

https://media.tmtickets.co.uk/uk_mu...407.jpg?etag=86dd803202936dd113332dfe0da897c3

The agent was really nice and said she would ring me if any really good seats come free so will wait and see what happens.

To be honest I'm just excited to get back to the games after giving my season ticket up a few years ago. The only other ones they had left were right at the back and off to the left in the SAF stand, I've sat there before and wasn't keen on the atmosphere (or the climb) so worth a punt I guess, especially seeing as they were 240 quid dearer. I'll report back when we get to use them.

Thanks again for the help man.

Nathan Wright

Thank you for that mate that's fantastic! Really useful.

I spoke to my mate who wanted to give them a try while it's still a bit up in the air which games were gonna get to see and whats happening (plus ongoing negotiations with the mrs's), and at £399 and 20 quid for champs league and FA cup it's worth a shot :) Will see what they are like and then switch next season if they are really bad.

The seats are in NE3419, Row 43 so right at the back, the agent said you lose the corner flag and have to tilt your head to see it so i reckon your pretty close with the 3425 pic, just a little further to the right and up 2 rows.

Bit naughty from United as this is the view they show when you go to renew your ticket :)

https://media.tmtickets.co.uk/uk_mu...407.jpg?etag=86dd803202936dd113332dfe0da897c3

The agent was really nice and said she would ring me if any really good seats come free so will wait and see what happens.

To be honest I'm just excited to get back to the games after giving my season ticket up a few years ago. The only other ones they had left were right at the back and off to the left in the SAF stand, I've sat there before and wasn't keen on the atmosphere (or the climb) so worth a punt I guess, especially seeing as they were 240 quid dearer. I'll report back when we get to use them.

Thanks again for the help man.
Thinking about ringing up and chancing my arm myself, doesn't seem a bad deal really and best way to get the foot back in the door.

AndersonHatTrick

Still no news on renewals? Is the extension still indefinite while no fans are allowed in stadiums?

My question is about the price, and when to pay. My seat is usually £705, so this season's renewal is £555 including the refunds from missed games last season.

If I renew before the first game and pay the £555, will refunds for every missed game be processed immediately after each match? If I wait to renew, will the price go down accordingly? Ie after 10 games missed the renewal price would be £555 - (£705/19 x 10) = £184?

I would prefer to keep the cash for now and renew later if possible.

*edit* are there no NowTV vouchers being given out so we can watch seeing as we should have been at these matches??

Last edited:

nickyboy1981

Still no news on renewals? Is the extension still indefinite while no fans are allowed in stadiums?

My question is about the price, and when to pay. My seat is usually £705, so this season's renewal is £555 including the refunds from missed games last season.

If I renew before the first game and pay the £555, will refunds for every missed game be processed immediately after each match? If I wait to renew, will the price go down accordingly? Ie after 10 games missed the renewal price would be £555 - (£705/19 x 10) = £184?

I would prefer to keep the cash for now and renew later if possible.

*edit* are there no NowTV vouchers being given out so we can watch seeing as we should have been at these matches??
When I spoke to them a few weeks ago they advised it would be full payment up front and then you get any games you are unable to attend back, probably off next seasons ticket but I asked that question and even they didn't know yet. All she could do is guarantee I would get it back.

The renewal is indefinate until they announce a new deadline once they know what's going on then they said they will announce a new deadline to pay, I guess that would have been enforced had the trial been approved for the Palace game but they are back to the drawing board I guess.

I would hope it would go down after each game missed if you don't renew but I doubt it, will hopefully find out after tomorrow's game.

In short, I don't think even United know yet.

No idea about the NowTV I'm afraid.

mark_a

I renewed at the reduced rate (ie with the home games from the restart taken off). If you did that, looks like they’ll refund each non-attendable game as they happen, as I’ve got an email saying the £ will be with me soon.

No news on any TV day passes to watch the home games so looks like they’re not happening.