All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

K Stand Knut

I’m not sure why anyone would pay for their ST until they have to, I certainly won’t be until I’ve categorically been told it will be 100% full.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
How is everyone planning to watch United games this season then since we can't go yet? I'm looking at the cheapest way to do it. Might just fork out £25/pm on NOWtv for Sky Sports then work out a way round BT later on.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
I’m not sure why anyone would pay for their ST until they have to, I certainly won’t be until I’ve categorically been told it will be 100% full.
I paid up early doors. Being refunded for the first missed game.

Mart1974

i respect anyone’s choice to do it but just not sure why. Money better in my account than United’s and I’ll just pay up as soon. As they announce we can go back.
I did so fairly early on when I was optimistic about getting back to watching live football. I am also a disorganised and didn't want to miss any deadlines.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
The club will need the money seemingly losing £4M a game.

Our deadline got put back until July 17th but I paid mine in April just so the club had the funds in the bank,

the club also gave us a choice of a refund for last years games we missed out on, I think most took the offer but some left the money with club ( think was about £100 for a standard ticket, think they gave me £369, Club Celtic) but I’ve already repaid that money with 6 strips - 3 for me and 3 for my nephew,

Because we renewed our tickets the club has given us a ‘ virtual season ticket’ mean season ticket holder can watch the games that weren’t meant to be on, on Celtic T.V ie 3 o’clock on a Saturday,

Then comes the problem I pay a lot more than my dad, he’s got a standard but I’m getting the same benefit plus I’m not getting a programme, match day hospitality ( half time pies, bovril and lounge access) and priority for away tickets, or with folk with more that one ticket in same household watching this same T.V,

doesn’t bother me me I’m quite happy for the club to keep my money but might bother some.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
How is everyone planning to watch United games this season then since we can't go yet? I'm looking at the cheapest way to do it. Might just fork out £25/pm on NOWtv for Sky Sports then work out a way round BT later on.
Have the club not gave season ticket holders access to MUTV? ( read my previous post on what Celtic have done ).

K Stand Knut

Our deadline got put back until July 17th but I paid mine in April just so the club had the funds in the bank,

the club also gave us a choice of a refund for last years games we missed out on, I think most took the offer but some left the money with club ( think was about £100 for a standard ticket, think they gave me £369, Club Celtic) but I’ve already repaid that money with 6 strips - 3 for me and 3 for my nephew,

Because we renewed our tickets the club has given us a ‘ virtual season ticket’ mean season ticket holder can watch the games that weren’t meant to be on, on Celtic T.V ie 3 o’clock on a Saturday,

Then comes the problem I pay a lot more than my dad, he’s got a standard but I’m getting the same benefit plus I’m not getting a programme, match day hospitality ( half time pies, bovril and lounge access) and priority for away tickets, or with folk with more that one ticket in same household watching this same T.V,

doesn’t bother me me I’m quite happy for the club to keep my money but might bother some.
my heart bleeds for the club who ‘needs money’.

the club can f*** off as far as I’m concerned. I’m not going to pay them a penny until such time as I can go to the ground and watch games.

TheRedDevil2019

Have the club not gave season ticket holders access to MUTV? ( read my previous post on what Celtic have done ).
They did for 3months at the end of last season when they dished out the now TV passes. Nothing since.

Mart1974

Good stuff.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
my heart bleeds for the club who ‘needs money’.

the club can f*** off as far as I’m concerned. I’m not going to pay them a penny until such time as I can go to the ground and watch games.
Don’t moan then when the club doesn’t buy players then, money has to come in first before it can go out, simple as that.

K Stand Knut

Don’t moan then when the club doesn’t buy players then, money has to come in first before it can go out, simple as that.
i hate to break it to you but my £700 isn’t going to help towards any kind of transfer.

The whole number of STs paid in full is hardly going to assist with any player purchases either

TheRedDevil2019

i hate to break it to you but my £700 isn’t going to help towards any kind of transfer.

The whole number of STs paid in full is hardly going to assist with any player purchases either
Rubbish, roughly 50,000+ renewals at £700+ will fetch anywhere from 35mil to 45million. That's Donny Van Der Beek paid for right there...

Reactions: Rood

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Anyone know if Sky/BT etc are continuing showing every premier game live after the international break?

I ask, as on the fantasy footy site, it has about 4-5 games at 3pm without a tv logo against them, with just the mornin/evening and Sun/Mon games showing as on tv.

Maybe they haven't changed it yet, but they can't change the times now surely, meaning you'd have loads at 3pm saturday.
And if they have stopped showing all games, why?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
What's everyones thoughts about renewing after our utter incompetence again? Think that's it for me now. Don't think I'll bother going back when we are allowed.

hp88

What's everyones thoughts about renewing after our utter incompetence again? Think that's it for me now. Don't think I'll bother going back when we are allowed.
Asking for my £200 back... we ain't going back this season so I would rather have the cash in my bank.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Anyone know if Sky/BT etc are continuing showing every premier game live after the international break?

I ask, as on the fantasy footy site, it has about 4-5 games at 3pm without a tv logo against them, with just the mornin/evening and Sun/Mon games showing as on tv.

Maybe they haven't changed it yet, but they can't change the times now surely, meaning you'd have loads at 3pm saturday.
And if they have stopped showing all games, why?
Im pretty sure they will show them, they changed match times at 5 days notice couple of weeks ago
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ll-news/man-united-fixtures-tv-spurs-18985615

if things go back to normal then I will renew - incompetence from the board is not a new thing !

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Update from the club suggests attendance will be around 23,500 upon reopening in order to adhere to social distancing. How many season ticket holders do we have?

K Stand Knut

Update from the club suggests attendance will be around 23,500 upon reopening in order to adhere to social distancing. How many season ticket holders do we have?

55k (ish).

this doesn’t interest me at all. Happily let someone else go.

besides, I suspect that it will be a ballot that the highest paying ST prices will ‘win’

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
23,000 is probably fine once everyone gets in, and then doesn't move.

The massive problems are getting in and out, plus all the trams etc around the ground.
It's very optimistic of the club to think they have any chance of having so many in any time soon. Surely they'd be told to start a lot, lot lower.

Personally not in too much of a hurry to make my 7-8 hour round trip and have such a watered down experience of it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So it looks like they're letting up to 4,000 fans back in from next Wednesday.
It depends on tier, so you have to be in tier 1 to get 4k and tier 2 get 2,000. Tier 3 get zero.

Am presuming Manchester will be in tier 3 to start with? Or as a minimum tier 2.

So how would they choose which 2,000 fans get in?
And how will it affect season tickets? Will they get people to finally pay up? Will they only let those who never got their refund or paid earlier? Will it be local fans?

Intriguing.
Can't say I'm too up for a 360mile round trip right now, so would be happy for them to let locals or longest serving season ticket holders in for now!

Okey

Where do they pluck these random numbers from??? I thought clubs had indicated only a capacity-based proportion of fans would be acceptable. Theres could be a stadium in a Tier 1 area with a capacity of 5000 and another with 50000. Having 4000 in both doesnt achieve any great distancing principle. Sounds rather arbitrary to me, if not a bit daft. Surely percentage of capacity is the way to go?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Where do they pluck these random numbers from??? I thought clubs had indicated only a capacity-based proportion of fans would be acceptable. Theres could be a stadium in a Tier 1 area with a capacity of 5000 and another with 50000. Having 4000 in both doesnt achieve any great distancing principle. Sounds rather arbitrary to me, if not a bit daft. Surely percentage of capacity is the way to go?
its max 50% capacity upto 2000/4000 - I suppose its like a trial with a view to increasing it

I assume they will have to do a ballot of whoever has paid up for the ST this season, I havent and am in no rush to go back - as much as I miss Old Trafford, Im not that interested in sitting socially distanced and not even supposed to sing

rotherham_red

So it looks like they're letting up to 4,000 fans back in from next Wednesday.
It depends on tier, so you have to be in tier 1 to get 4k and tier 2 get 2,000. Tier 3 get zero.

Am presuming Manchester will be in tier 3 to start with? Or as a minimum tier 2.

So how would they choose which 2,000 fans get in?
And how will it affect season tickets? Will they get people to finally pay up? Will they only let those who never got their refund or paid earlier? Will it be local fans?

Intriguing.
Can't say I'm too up for a 360mile round trip right now, so would be happy for them to let locals or longest serving season ticket holders in for now!
I'd say it would just be for the locals. The risk of travelling (especially on public transport) from a Tier 3 to a Tier 2 or 1 is too great. Or even travelling from T1 to T1 but passing through multiple T2s and T3s.

I can't see it being any other way. It's shit but entirely understandable.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's all going to be a bit imbalanced across leagues isn't it.
United not allowed fans but London and Liverpool are.

It might help my other boys Wycombe out as we can have 2000 in a 10000 capacity whereas our next three aways can't have fans at all!
And after that some of them have 30000 capacities so 2000 in that is so low too!

Red00012

I’ve resigned myself to the fact I won’t be at a game until 21/22 season .

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Interesting to see them mail out today inviting entry into a ballot for 2000 spaces at the Leeds home game.

"IF" when the gov review tiers later this month they drop Manchester back to 2 - because there would be too short a turnaround time to get fans in otherwise.

North stand tier 1 and west stand tier 1 by sound of it. £30 cap for adults until they can have more than 2000 in.

Will be happy to let others go for the next few months until it's settled down a lot more!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Interesting to see them mail out today inviting entry into a ballot for 2000 spaces at the Leeds home game.

"IF" when the gov review tiers later this month they drop Manchester back to 2 - because there would be too short a turnaround time to get fans in otherwise.

North stand tier 1 and west stand tier 1 by sound of it. £30 cap for adults until they can have more than 2000 in.

Will be happy to let others go for the next few months until it's settled down a lot more!
Seemed like a very reasonable approach from United. No season ticket renewal demands, good pricing.

I have a season ticket for the women's team as well, so they've also sent me an email about games at LSV - it doesn't sound like they're quite so sure about those, but I assume it'll be a similar setup there.

No idea why anyone would want to go to a football match in a 75,000 seater with 2000 fans wearing face masks.

feck that for a waste of time and money.

I won’t be renewing until we have proper crowds again.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Seemed like a very reasonable approach from United. No season ticket renewal demands, good pricing.

I have a season ticket for the women's team as well, so they've also sent me an email about games at LSV - it doesn't sound like they're quite so sure about those, but I assume it'll be a similar setup there.
It's a perfect response I think.
You get to retain season ticket status even if you've not paid yet. Ideal.

And you can choose what games you pop back in for.

I'd almost prefer this in a normal season rather than have to account for all the games :)

Evans999

Leeds United (Sun 20 Dec, KO 4.30pm)

Ahead of the government review of the existing COVID-19 Tier structure later this month, we continue to work hard to prepare a safe environment for you to return to Old Trafford.

If Greater Manchester moves into Tier 2, there will be a short turnaround between any announcement, subsequent approval from local authorities, and the Leeds United match. Therefore:

- Applications will be accepted from 8am on Friday 11th until 8am on Wednesday 16th December
- Applications will be accepted from Season Ticket holders who held their ticket in the 2019/20 season (irrespective of whether they have renewed for 2020/21 or not). As well as new Season Ticket holders that have already purchased for the 2020/21 season, and 2020/21 Official Members
- Fans can apply to be seated alone, or with another eligible Season Ticket holder who is in their support bubble (pairs must be compliant with existing guidelines)
- The ballot will take place if we receive both confirmation that Greater Manchester has moved out of Tier 3, and that TMBC provide confirmation that the Leeds match can take place
- Ballot results will be communicated via email. If your application is successful, your digital match ticket will be sent separately by email
- Tickets will be allocated in North Stand Tier 1 and West Stand Tier 1, with accessible seating in the South-East Quadrant. As we are unable to offer the usual choice of seating location for this game, tickets will all be priced at £30 for adults, £10 for under 16s and £15 for those aged under 21 or over 65. Disabled supporters will automatically be allocated a complimentary personal assistant ticket if required. Usual pricing will be applied once we can allow more than 2,000 fans back to the ground
- If Greater Manchester remains in Tier 3, we will make a further announcement when the next review is confirmed
- Before the ballot takes place, anyone whose address is registered in a Tier 3 (or equivalent) area following the announcement, will automatically be made unsuccessful to ensure we comply with guidance. We will also take into account wider restrictions such as those currently placed on Scotland and Wales
- For future ballots anyone who applies for this game, and is unsuccessful will receive priority over those who were successful for this match
- Due to social distancing requirements, it will not be possible to cancel part of a booking prior to the game, and tickets cannot be transferred to other supporters. Please therefore only make an application if you intend on attending the game
- Tickets will be allocated proportionately to a standard Premier League home game, the vast majority of tickets will be allocated to Season Ticket holders, with a small number being made available to e.g. Official Members and other contractual requirements such as press

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
It's a perfect response I think.
You get to retain season ticket status even if you've not paid yet. Ideal.

And you can choose what games you pop back in for.

I'd almost prefer this in a normal season rather than have to account for all the games :)
Yes club have dealt with this very well - cant complain

Red00012

To be honest the vast majority of ticketing issues are handed very well by the club .

If only Ed and the Glaziers could follow suit with transfers , financing and players etc

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
To be honest the vast majority of ticketing issues are handed very well by the club .

If only Ed and the Glaziers could follow suit with transfers , financing and players etc
It wasnt always like that though, the ticket office have improved massively in recent times

always_hoping

I presume the 2000 that was expected to attend the Leeds in Old Trafford match is now a non runner?