All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
While I was worried about my mates possibly getting fake tickets, I haven’t got mine yet… had to buy off third party site as there were none available anywhere. I am flying in tomorrow, paid £500 and still haven’t got them. I will have to buy them again if I don’t get them by Saturday morning and hope they have some that are ready to print.

BTW do I even have to print them? Won’t scanning my phone work?
This sounds dodgy to me, do they even do paper tickets anymore?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This sounds dodgy to me, do they even do paper tickets anymore?
Both that my mates got were “print at home” with QR code on top of the page… they were off StubHub who are pretty reliable. Mine were off LiveFootballTickets.com.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Both that my mates got were “print at home” with QR code on top of the page… they were off StubHub who are pretty reliable. Mine were off LiveFootballTickets.com.
Oh okay, fingers crossed they work. That makes me even more annoyed at the ticket office knowing that now :lol:

ihateliverpool

if you have any issues and need them printing, let me know and I’ll send you my email. I’m a st holder and will be there myself, happy to print yours if needed and bring them with me and meet you outside the ground (assuming you won’t have access to a printer when you’re here?)

Robin

West Ham have just released the whole of East stand Tier 2 back to United , so another 6000 tickets on sale, £28 to members

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
West Ham have just released the whole of East stand Tier 2 back to United , so another 6000 tickets on sale, £28 to members
Don't blame them. £40 for a 3rd round Carling cup game on a Wednesday. Fair play if they bring the normal away end of 2.8k.

Sarni

if you have any issues and need them printing, let me know and I’ll send you my email. I’m a st holder and will be there myself, happy to print yours if needed and bring them with me and meet you outside the ground (assuming you won’t have access to a printer when you’re here?)
Thanks, appreciated! I will be staying in a hostel so they should have a printer but it’s not always that straightforward with those cheap places. Hotel prices are for some reason insane this weekend.

ihateliverpool

Thanks, appreciated! I will be staying in a hostel so they should have a printer but it’s not always that straightforward with those cheap places. Hotel prices are for some reason insane this weekend.
No probs

Would need to know by Friday night as I’ll be setting off early Saturday morning

cant wait to get back in the ground, Leeds feels like a long time ago

RedDevilRoshi

They are indeed but unsurprising though as we all know the reason why.

Sarni

They are indeed but unsurprising though as we all know the reason why.
Utd and Ronaldo in town yes. But its also a sold out test match too.
I wasn’t aware there was a cricket game to be honest, so I couldn’t find a reason why. It’s not Ronaldo, they were priced insanely before his transfer was announced too (we booked it mid August). Similar weekend a month from now is like a third of the price quoted at that time.

ihateliverpool

Don't blame them. £40 for a 3rd round Carling cup game on a Wednesday. Fair play if they bring the normal away end of 2.8k.
You are right but it always amazes me that we don’t sell old Trafford out every game. I hear so many United fans moaning that they can never get tickets (who in reality haven’t even tried), it’s really easy to get United tickets if you aren’t fussy about the opponent.
im a st holder, drive 90 miles each way for every game in every competition, couldn’t imagine United playing at home without me being in my seat even if it is a rubbish team like Rochdale, Astana etc or a crap competition like the carabao cup

Reactions: Rood

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Worth noting if you're printing tickets they do ID checks apparently, so as long as the name on the ticket matches your ID you should be grand.

They've finally opened up East Stand for the West Ham cup game now so managed to buy my brother's ticket. Now it's the fun game of trying to forward them to my parents. Joyous.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You are right but it always amazes me that we don’t sell old Trafford out every game. I hear so many United fans moaning that they can never get tickets (who in reality haven’t even tried), it’s really easy to get United tickets if you aren’t fussy about the opponent.
im a st holder, drive 90 miles each way for every game in every competition, couldn’t imagine United playing at home without me being in my seat even if it is a rubbish team like Rochdale, Astana etc or a crap competition like the carabao cup
This is why when the Wycombe fanbase that I'm part of were celebrating drawing Man City away in the league cup, and talking silly figures like £1m gate receipts, I was thinking, yeah it's a big stadium/top team draw, but it'll be a 20,000-25,000 max job and no doubt they'll drop prices like stones.

Yep, £12.50- £15!
Great for going, but rubbish for trying to get any gate receipts!

United would have got 50-60,000 for Wycombe, and no doubt tried to bang it at £35 average price.

ihateliverpool

This is why when the Wycombe fanbase that I'm part of were celebrating drawing Man City away in the league cup, and talking silly figures like £1m gate receipts, I was thinking, yeah it's a big stadium/top team draw, but it'll be a 20,000-25,000 max job and no doubt they'll drop prices like stones.

Yep, £12.50- £15!
Great for going, but rubbish for trying to get any gate receipts!

United would have got 50-60,000 for Wycombe, and no doubt tried to bang it at £35 average price.
I’m originally from Aylesbury and used to work in Dixons in High Wycombe many years ago, would love to see them play, used to go to adams park a lot, that car park in winter was fun!

I just can’t comprehend why we don’t sell out every game, amazing how many people can move heaven and earth when we are playing liverpool and city, but are sat at home eating Pringles when we play mid week cup games

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’m originally from Aylesbury and used to work in Dixons in High Wycombe many years ago, would love to see them play, used to go to adams park a lot, that car park in winter was fun!

I just can’t comprehend why we don’t sell out every game, amazing how many people can move heaven and earth when we are playing liverpool and city, but are sat at home eating Pringles when we play mid week cup games
Small world, see if you can get to a game or 2 this season (aways if you're based northernly now) as Wycombe will be a decent force this season.

If I lived closer i'd do a lot more United games, but being down here, it's a pick 8 or so a season and do those.

cbmufc

We have had this question asked about 100 times on here (largely by you!) over the last month or so.

In previous years, yes - every single game had additional ticket selling windows. This year the Newcastle and Leeds games only came out in tiny singles and pairs.

We shall see, the only thing we can all agree on is it's a poorly communicated sham.
To be fair a fair amount was released for Leeds. Stayed on site for a while as well.

Funnily enough hundreds of tickets have vanished into thin air for this one and the demand seems to have perked up. If it's like this moving forward then the club have some questions to answer in respect to the point of having a membership - hopefully will be more like the Leeds game/ previous years.

Remember back in Ferguson's time when literally every game went to ballot? Hopefully not a return to that.

Robin

The reason for the shortage of hotel spaces is mainly because of Parklife this weekend, even before Ronaldo most rooms were going for silly money. However now that the cricket has been called off there might be a few bargains going.

Sarni

Think I’m going to be down another £300 or so because I still haven’t got the one I purchased at LiveFootballTickets.com. I emailed and called them and was told that they will not refund as they have until the game starts per their policy which is obviously nonsense as I won’t be able to use them if they send them 5 mins before.

ihateliverpool

Think I’m going to be down another £300 or so because I still haven’t got the one I purchased at LiveFootballTickets.com. I emailed and called them and was told that they will not refund as they have until the game starts per their policy which is obviously nonsense as I won’t be able to use them if they send them 5 mins before.
I would go to the ground anyway on the off chance, possibly even go into the ticket office in person, I bet they have the odd return to sell, not ideal but at least you’d get in

davbon

Hi guys, sorry if I'm asking a stupid question. I am going to London on the weekend on the 30 October where we play Spurs at their ground. I was hoping to get tickets, but all sites seem very expensive and dodgy...

What is your recommendation for buying tickets?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
My train to Manchester Picadilly arrives at around 1:45pm, so that's 1hr 15 before kick off.

What best route is recommended to get to OT - Cab/Tram/Train? Not sure what is quickest. Also will the suggested route also be best advised on the return? I'm hoping to grab a 6:30pm train back from Picadilly

Bosws87

My train to Manchester Picadilly arrives at around 1:45pm, so that's 1hr 15 before kick off.

What best route is recommended to get to OT - Cab/Tram/Train? Not sure what is quickest. Also will the suggested route also be best advised on the return? I'm hoping to grab a 6:30pm train back from Picadilly
Tram straight from Piccadilly below the train station get off at either Old Trafford or Exchange Quays.

The way back i wouldn't go for the tram unless you leave early otherwise it will be packed like sardines and no guarantee you will get on it.

Since the return i've walked it in about an hour from Old Trafford to Piccadilly straight along the canal, if you don't mind a stroll otherwise a taxi would be an option but you would want to book it in advance.

CuesOSully

Supports
united
Was looking at that site myself glad I steered clear

hope you get sorted

Merk78

If Liverpool & City go to ballot, what's the process?

Liverpool was saying "Ticket applications for this game will be accepted from Official Members, from 8am Friday 10th September" up till yesterday but is now saying next Friday.

Bosws87

If Liverpool & City go to ballot, what's the process?

Liverpool was saying "Ticket applications for this game will be accepted from Official Members, from 8am Friday 10th September" up till yesterday but is now saying next Friday.
You apply for a ticket have a debit card on account if you are successful its charged and you are assigned a seat, if not successful nothing happens

if you apply for multiples you either all get them or none of you, if you apply separately one could, one could not

Last edited:

Sarni

I would go to the ground anyway on the off chance, possibly even go into the ticket office in person, I bet they have the odd return to sell, not ideal but at least you’d get in
I’ve traveled half Europe for this and haven’t been to the game for 2 years. If I have to pay £500 to get there I will, I will use some StubHub nonsense in the worst case as they seem to have a good track record of delivering them (though no chance they will be under my name anymore).

Sarni

Was looking at that site myself glad I steered clear

hope you get sorted
Yeah I was supposed to get it at least 48 hours before the game but it’s barely 24 now and still nothing. I’ve only been getting quite rude emails from their customer service telling me ‘not to worry’ as they have time until kick off to deliver them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You will if they send them by phone?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Tram straight from Piccadilly below the train station get off at either Old Trafford or Exchange Quays.

The way back i wouldn't go for the tram unless you leave early otherwise it will be packed like sardines and no guarantee you will get on it.

Since the return i've walked it in about an hour from Old Trafford to Piccadilly straight along the canal, if you don't mind a stroll otherwise a taxi would be an option but you would want to book it in advance.
Out of interest pal, have you ever done the opposite direction as a walk? Old Trafford to Altrincham? Just wondered what sort of walking time that is?

Sarni

You will if they send them by phone?
Most they sell are print at home. No idea what happens if I just try scanning the QR. Either way I cannot wait until kick off, if I don’t get the ticket today I have to buy a new one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Most they sell are print at home. No idea what happens if I just try scanning the QR. Either way I cannot wait until kick off, if I don’t get the ticket today I have to buy a new one.
If it works off the print out, it'll 100% work out off your screen, everything is QR scanning now.

Best of luck though, but be careful, if you've already gone 300 deep, you don't want to do the same, and then lose 600 do you!?

Whatsername

Remember back in Ferguson's time when literally every game went to ballot? Hopefully not a return to that.
Remember it well, posting off a ballot application 4 or 5 weeks before the match and when you had to send in your ticket stubs to prove you’d attended a set number of games to apply for the ‘big’ games.

Sarni

If it works off the print out, it'll 100% work out off your screen, everything is QR scanning now.

Best of luck though, but be careful, if you've already gone 300 deep, you don't want to do the same, and then lose 600 do you!?
Well I don’t really entertain possibility of not going to the game at all. Honestly I will keep buying them until I get to the ground. :lol:

I see maybe a tiny chance that I will get the one from LFT. I will call them in an hour again.

Bosws87

Out of interest pal, have you ever done the opposite direction as a walk? Old Trafford to Altrincham? Just wondered what sort of walking time that is?
Nah but from a quick maps search its around 6miles so double of the walk i do so 2 hours would be my guess.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nah but from a quick maps search its around 6miles so double of the walk i do so 2 hours would be my guess.
Nice one. Oddly i thought OT to Picc was longer than to Altrincham but I've only ever done the latter direction on the tram.

eugegall

Forwarded my tickets for tomorrows game.

Tickets have not arrived in their inbox.

I've emailed several times all week, text is turned off and I've been on hold for two hours already this morning.

This is a total joke. Why didn't they think about putting some temp staff on whilst they iron out the teething problems.

Bosws87

Forwarded my tickets for tomorrows game.

Tickets have not arrived in their inbox.

I've emailed several times all week, text is turned off and I've been on hold for two hours already this morning.

This is a total joke. Why didn't they think about putting some temp staff on whilst they iron out the teething problems.
On hold you actually spoke to people when i tried earlier they aren't taking any calls.

eugegall

On hold you actually spoke to people when i tried earlier they aren't taking any calls.
Oh, I'm actually on hold.

2 hours and 38 minutes.

It says to stay on the line if your question is about tomorrows game.

EDIT: They just cut me off

Last edited:

Trequartistry

Are non season ticket holders able to forward tickets or is that feature only restricted to season ticket holders?

In a dilemma. Brought tickets for the Atalanta game from the United site, the seats weren't great. A mate with a season ticket happened to have a spare with much better seats, he's going to forward me the tickets when he's available to do so but how do I get rid of my original ticket? The united phone line don't pick up their phone