All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Anyone fancy picking me up two tickets in the away end at QPR?

We haven't renewed this year.

JmRssll555

When I go to the ticket page for QPR, the button says ‘Login to Buy’ even though I am already logged in. If I click that button, it just reloads the same page. Am I doing something wrong?

Do the same eligibility criteria apply to pre season away games as league away games? I’ve only been a ST holder since the start of last season.

Ludens the Red

When I go to the ticket page for QPR, the button says ‘Login to Buy’ even though I am already logged in. If I click that button, it just reloads the same page. Am I doing something wrong?

Do the same eligibility criteria apply to pre season away games as league away games? I’ve only been a ST holder since the start of last season.
Nope you’re not doing anything wrong. You have to be season ticket or executive member to apply. Really fecking dumb. But yeah if you’re not you’ll just keep getting that log in message even if you have a standard membership.

JmRssll555

Nope you’re not doing anything wrong. You have to be season ticket or executive member to apply. Really fecking dumb. But yeah if you’re not you’ll just keep getting that log in message even if you have a standard membership.
I am a ST holder, so should it work for me? Or do you need to be a ST holder for 3 seasons as per league away games? I can’t find any info on the website.

Ludens the Red

I am a ST holder, so should it work for me? Or do you need to be a ST holder for 3 seasons as per league away games? I can’t find any info on the website.
Oh ok, it doesn’t state that. You should probably call them up tomorrow in that case. Probably a broken link. Makes sense as we have one of the worse websites I’ve ever seen.

robinrooney

Think you have to be eligible to apply for aways. Won't hurt to call the ticket office as they may be able to sort it out as there's still loads of unsold tickets

JB7

Yeah it’s only selling to silver STH at the moment but I imagine that’ll change during the week with how many are unsold.

misterbigalow

Both QPR and Preston games are now saying they're on sale to "all Season Ticket holders and Executive Club Members" on the ticket site, however the Login To Buy button is still there for me, so looks like they're about to change it to all STHs can buy but they still haven't yet

Edit 11:45 - Looks like they've finally updated it and all season ticket holders are able to buy now

Last edited:

JmRssll555

Both QPR and Preston games are now saying they're on sale to "all Season Ticket holders and Executive Club Members" on the ticket site, however the Login To Buy button is still there for me, so looks like they're about to change it to all STHs can buy but they still haven't yet

Edit 11:45 - Looks like they've finally updated it and all season ticket holders are able to buy now
The page has updated so I am now able to buy Preston tickets. However, the QPR game is still showing 'Login to Buy', even though it now says the Official Members are able to buy tickets! What a shambles! I'm going to phone the ticket office shortly, but just hoping they are still available by the time I get through.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Anyone want two home end ticks for QPR on Sat?

Swing me a DM, can meet you on the day or forward on.

Ludens the Red

Seriously, feck United and whoever runs their website.
Tried for QPR pair. Had two seats selected about ten different times and it wouldn’t go through. Now it’s sold out.

Edit : got a ticket but my original point still stands !

Last edited:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Yeh they keep popping back up in the away end - so keep trying those of you still looking.

Or even better, buy my two home end tickets.

Robin

Has anyone just got an email off United with digital tickets for the two home friendlies with nothing attached !!!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
It will be interesting to see how strict they are at viewing ID’s with printed tickets, i would think that a lot of season ticket holders, especially those that live a long distance away don’t go to 100% of the games and give them to random mates at cost. It Might prevent the professional tout but it’s going to be a pain in the backside for the genuine fan
Ye a lot of confusion about how exactly this new system will work - having print outs seems a step backward to me in terms of security

Bosws87

The non changing QR Code is obviously on purpose to put off the touts.

At the same time its completely ridiculous

Iron Tulip

The non changing QR Code is obviously on purpose to put off the touts.

At the same time its completely ridiculous

True, but I also feel like it's a clever way to get everyone to sign up to become an official member, earning the club xx amount?

I could be wrong but I can't see a way to digitally transfer a ticket to a non MUFC official member?

Last edited:

Lenny1810

True, but I also feel like it's a clever way to get everyone to sign up to become an official member, earning the club xx amount?

I could be wrong but I can't see a way to digitally transfer a ticket to a non MUFC official member?
I have added two to my network who were previously active members. I’m guessing it’ll just transfer to them like it would if there was tickets on general sale to non members

misterbigalow

Has anyone just got an email off United with digital tickets for the two home friendlies with nothing attached !!!
Yep, I got four last night, seems like the system is going well, ha! I noticed if you select that game on the Tickets page on your account you can select Reprint, so I might give that a go if they don't send the ticket properly closer to the Brentford game

cbmufc

Can members forward tickets on? So for instance if I buy 2 Leeds this morning but then catch covid/ can't go - can these tickets be forwarded on to other members or is that only reserved for ST holders?

Iron Tulip

I have added two to my network who were previously active members. I’m guessing it’ll just transfer to them like it would if there was tickets on general sale to non members
Sounds promising, I hope so! I don't want all my family members having to pay to become a member for the sake of 1 game they may attend in my place.

cbmufc

Anyone through on site? I'm in but takes ages to click through screens

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Absolutely useless website - still. Are they aware we have quite a few supporters?

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
The worst ticket buying system in existence in the entire planet. I was 700 in queue. I wanted any ticket available. I tried to get anything going. Site gives you 10mins, it takes more than 10mins to load every page, thrown back into the queue in position 11 thousand now.

fecked.

facchiano

Going up to Manchester for my first United game against Leeds from London. Is the easiest way the train from London Euston to Manchester Piccadilly and getting the tram? I'm thinking of taking the early train so I can arrive around 11 am but the trip back I'm more worried about so any tips is welcome!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Going up to Manchester for my first United game against Leeds from London. Is the easiest way the train from London Euston to Manchester Piccadilly and getting the tram? I'm thinking of taking the early train so I can arrive around 11 am but the trip back I'm more worried about so any tips is welcome!
Yes, that's the easiest.

Just consider walking into town / via the media centre Salford way on the way back to skip the crowds. Book a train a few hours after the game finishes to avoid any need for rushing.

facchiano

Yes, that's the easiest.

Just consider walking into town / via the media centre Salford way on the way back to skip the crowds. Book a train a few hours after the game finishes to avoid any need for rushing.
Thank you, I'll do that.

Whatsername

Yes, that's the easiest.

Good advice there.
And for future reference watch if you book any evening kick offs and have to be back for work the next day because the last train south leaves Piccadilly around the time the final whistle blows.
*edit to add that I’ve just checked and currently the last train is 9.15pm.

RedDevilRoshi

Took me about an hour and a half to get through but managed to get the tickets that I wanted plus an extra game too which I wasn’t anticipating being open to buy right now.

Buzzing, can’t wait to return to Old Trafford :drool:

Adzilla

Have united added anything about requiring negative test results or anything for entering games yet?

Bosws87

I wouldn't personally recommend the tram if you have any problems with Covid as i expect it to be a breeding ground unfortunately, i'll be walking from the centre to old trafford for the forseeable future.

If you don't care about being packed in like sardines and no room to move go ahead, this is more the case for the tram back rather then there.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
So looks like there will be a new option for season ticket sharing from Wednesday

Whatsername

Yep, I got four last night, seems like the system is going well, ha! I noticed if you select that game on the Tickets page on your account you can select Reprint, so I might give that a go if they don't send the ticket properly closer to the Brentford game
Thanks for that, my son’s taking his girlfriend to that one (she’s never been to a match before) and they’re on holiday at the moment but he’s messaged me to say he’s had four emails with nothing attached so that saves a l-o-n-g wait on hold to the ticket office.

Cheshire Red

Supports
Wife and Kids
The worst ticket buying system in existence in the entire planet. I was 700 in queue. I wanted any ticket available. I tried to get anything going. Site gives you 10mins, it takes more than 10mins to load every page, thrown back into the queue in position 11 thousand now.

fecked.
Members can now order tickets for Leeds Game on website. Just got 2 tickets only took 2 mins

Reactions: Rood

misterbigalow

Thanks for that, my son’s taking his girlfriend to that one (she’s never been to a match before) and they’re on holiday at the moment but he’s messaged me to say he’s had four emails with nothing attached so that saves a l-o-n-g wait on hold to the ticket office.
Unfortunately it looks like I was wrong about the Reprint function on the site, I selected the Brentford game and clicked Reprint to see what would happen, and it gives the message " The selected tickets have never been printed. You can only re-print tickets which have been printed before." so that's annoying, I'll give them until Friday and then I'll text that number they give and tell them what's happened as that seems to be better than ringing at the moment, ha! I've also emailed the ticketing executive recently due to that £1 charge some fans got on their cards (that took a month to refund!) so I could email him too, but obviously that's the last resort!