All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Lenny1810

Has any ST holders received there Atalanta ticket yet?
I was hoping to forward mine on but not received an email as yet containing the ticket.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
How do you work your away tickets?, just wondering how other clubs do it.

we do a kind of points system eg for the next game at Fir Park - tickets available to season ticket holder’s who have attended 1 away game this season and 8 away games in the 19/20, that’s for standard season tickets, for some games there’s a ballot between the folk who have attended x amount of games.

I sit Club Celtic ( hospitality ) so we get a chance to apply for all domestic away and cup games or we can selected which games we want to attend, we get a letter at start of season,if we receive more applicants than tickets we go into a ballot but amungst hospitality ( ibrox, Pittodrie and tynecastle etc.)

Any replies appreciated.

K Stand Knut

How do you work your away tickets?, just wondering how other clubs do it.

we do a kind of points system eg for the next game at Fir Park - tickets available to season ticket holder’s who have attended 1 away game this season and 8 away games in the 19/20, that’s for standard season tickets, for some games there’s a ballot between the folk who have attended x amount of games.

I sit Club Celtic ( hospitality ) so we get a chance to apply for all domestic away and cup games or we can selected which games we want to attend, we get a letter at start of season,if we receive more applicants than tickets we go into a ballot but amungst hospitality ( ibrox, Pittodrie and tynecastle etc.)

Any replies appreciated.
It’s all a ballot. Complete pot luck (apparently)

Corporate ST holders get a fairly decent percentage so they have an increased chance of success.

Have to be in the cup scheme though meaning you have to give your bank card details for all home cup ties to be taken out automatically. This is normally about 3 minutes after the draw is made

Robin

It’s all a ballot. Complete pot luck (apparently)

Corporate ST holders get a fairly decent percentage so they have an increased chance of success.

Have to be in the cup scheme though meaning you have to give your bank card details for all home cup ties to be taken out automatically. This is normally about 3 minutes after the draw is made
We have about 4 categories that you have to get past, they used to publish the results of the ballots and how many applied, for the bigger games there were as many as 15,000 who used to apply, first of all you have the execs who get first dibs and seeing as they pay up to £250k a season for boxes I have never begrudged them that privilege but these are the ones you can get your hands on easiest from people you know. Then there are the loyalty pot of which I was once a member, these are the ones that have applied for every away game since the war !! United don’t like this group and the numbers are dwindling every year. Then there are the majority, the season ticket holders, but as said you have to opt into the league cup, those that do always pray for an away draw. Then the most popular group the sponsors , players and general hangers on. I made use of this once or twice, thanks to assisting Ken Ramsden on a few occasions. I went down to the ticket office office to collect the tickets and there must have been 50 or so envelopes with tickets in. These are ones that get returned the week before the game and go back into the draw.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
We have about 4 categories that you have to get past, they used to publish the results of the ballots and how many applied, for the bigger games there were as many as 15,000 who used to apply, first of all you have the execs who get first dibs and seeing as they pay up to £250k a season for boxes I have never begrudged them that privilege but these are the ones you can get your hands on easiest from people you know. Then there are the loyalty pot of which I was once a member, these are the ones that have applied for every away game since the war !! United don’t like this group and the numbers are dwindling every year. Then there are the majority, the season ticket holders, but as said you have to opt into the league cup, those that do always pray for an away draw. Then the most popular group the sponsors , players and general hangers on. I made use of this once or twice, thanks to assisting Ken Ramsden on a few occasions. I went down to the ticket office office to collect the tickets and there must have been 50 or so envelopes with tickets in. These are ones that get returned the week before the game and go back into the draw.
Does supporters clubs eg busses not get an allocation of tickets?

we do a thing aswell called the home cup ticket scheme meaning any home Scottish or league cup game your automatically get your ticket means if we get to semi/finals you have a chance of a ticket ( not guaranteed) depending on allocation

we get all domestic home cup / European qualifying games with our season ticket but if get to groups have to pay.

thanks for the information, I was just curious how other teams worked their allocation because up here there’s alway someone not happy, take its same down there, moaning ‘never having luck in ballots, always same folk or system is rigged’.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bit of a mass ticket drop tonight. The tip a guy posted the other day alerted me.
Spent a while scrolling around but couldn't find many pairs and got frustrated at how slow the site was.

I've gone back in now and am 4000th in the queue.
It's turning over about 20 a min do about a 4 to 5 hour wait.
Damn this ticket site!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Bit of a mass ticket drop tonight. The tip a guy posted the other day alerted me.
Spent a while scrolling around but couldn't find many pairs and got frustrated at how slow the site was.

I've gone back in now and am 4000th in the queue.
It's turning over about 20 a min do about a 4 to 5 hour wait.
Damn this ticket site!
What games?

RomfordRed75

Big ticket drop tonight. Just got 2 for Wolves on New Year's Day. My daughters first ever game! Not many tickets pre new year apart from singles.

Reactions: Rood

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What games?
Every game bar the ballot games and Young Boys by the look of it.
Not necessarily many at some though, Arsenal had about 2 non execs, but 2022 games had a lot more.

Think I've missed out though unless I sit up until midnight on the off chance the 4,000 ahead haven't cleaned them out

edit, the wait sped up massively, got in, and pretty much singles only now for every game.
Hope this wasn't the last big release!

Last edited:

MV7

Managed to secure a single ticket for Atalanta game and by the time I was getting a 2nd from another tier the site crashed but managed to find the ticket in my basket so purchased it anyway.
Tried to get back on the site but all the tickets were gone and the whole site was a shambles during the peak period of release.

I am going to try and find someone that has the same stand or similar type seat (W106, Stretford End Tier 1 Lower, Row AA) over the next week in hope more become available.
In the event I cannot find an additional ticket, where would be the best place to transfer and sell my ticket?

Robin

I’m not sure as a member you can transfer the ticket, however when you get the email from United with the ‘ download to phone ‘ option don’t do anything and if you decide not to go you can just forward the email to them. You shouldn’t have trouble getting rid

ZupZup

thanks for the information, I was just curious how other teams worked their allocation because up here there’s alway someone not happy, take its same down there, moaning ‘never having luck in ballots, always same folk or system is rigged’.
Also worth noting that for ordinary ST holders at United... you need to have had your ST for at least 3 seasons before you can apply to go to domestic away matches.

rotherham_red

Was chubbed for Leicester away and wasn't too fussed cos I thought it would be the late evening kick off. Turns out it's a 3pm game :(

GregM40

There's a few singles popping up for Atalanta... Some blocks say available but nothing when you click on it. I didn't have this much trouble getting tickets for Villarreal, perhaps there'll be more released closer to the game.

Robin

Nice little selling tactic by United,I notice that you can buy tickets to all the games now, however when you go on to the site it’s all the exec tickets in the Quads, at £150/£175 a pop, they will try and get rid of them and then pop a few of the cheaper tickets on later

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Nice little selling tactic by United,I notice that you can buy tickets to all the games now, however when you go on to the site it’s all the exec tickets in the Quads, at £150/£175 a pop, they will try and get rid of them and then pop a few of the cheaper tickets on later
It's just the only leftover tickets from yesterdays big sell off.

GregM40

I had to refresh the page multiple times but managed to get a pair for Atalanta.

Very strange way of doing things. Hoping more tickets for league games get released too.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I've got a pair for the Atalanta game in Stret tier two i need to shift. Just PM me. One is an 18-20 ticket (£35).

NewYorkRed

Hey friends. I asked a similar question before, but had some more.

I’m flying to England on the 16th of December. The plan is to watch the Brighton game. Someone was kind enough to tell me to buy an official membership. How would I go about buying a ticket? Also, how likely are my chances of actually getting one? I would just able to get one off the official website, correct?

Thanks in advance !

Relfy

They're taking the mick with these prices. All games minimum £150 a ticket. I paid up for the membership in the hope of getting tickets at normal prices. I refuse to pay such obscene amounts. Luck of the draw now for when normally priced tickets actually appear before being snapped up.

Norris Cole

They're taking the mick with these prices. All games minimum £150 a ticket. I paid up for the membership in the hope of getting tickets at normal prices. I refuse to pay such obscene amounts. Luck of the draw now for when normally priced tickets actually appear before being snapped up.
Yup quite infuriating how 'registering your interest' does nothing and they just put all tickets on sale seemingly at random. Even an email notification would be nice

Robin

Hey friends. I asked a similar question before, but had some more.

I’m flying to England on the 16th of December. The plan is to watch the Brighton game. Someone was kind enough to tell me to buy an official membership. How would I go about buying a ticket? Also, how likely are my chances of actually getting one? I would just able to get one off the official website, correct?

Thanks in advance !
Get yourself the cheapest membership (lite at £20 ) the chances are pretty good at getting a ticket off a site like this, Brighton not the most glamorous of games and it’s also not far off Xmas so you should get one, I’m sure I will have one. The transfer system is quite straightforward. Beware of scammers especially on any of the Facebook ticket pages.

ihateliverpool

Desperate for 2 aways sat together for Leicester and spurs, 1 adult and 1 under 16. We are season ticket holders and unsuccessful in the ballots.
not holding my breath obviously but you never know, might be someone genuine who can help! Will return the favour if unable to go to matches ourselves obviously

Red00012

Need a single for City. PM me if you have one spare (Big ask I know)
Desperate for 2 aways sat together for Leicester and spurs, 1 adult and 1 under 16. We are season ticket holders and unsuccessful in the ballots.
not holding my breath obviously but you never know, might be someone genuine who can help! Will return the favour if unable to go to matches ourselves obviously
2 away games sat together :lol:

You might read what @Rood wrote in the previous page .

ihateliverpool

like I said, I know its a longshot, But you never know, might be someone in a position to help. ive only missed 2 home matches since becoming st holders years ago, on both occasions I just gave our tickets away to people who I knew would appreciate them, could have easily sold them for above face value.

you never know, someone might be in a position to help. Long shot yes, crap odds yes, but if I didn’t ask the odds are lower still

NewYorkRed

Get yourself the cheapest membership (lite at £20 ) the chances are pretty good at getting a ticket off a site like this, Brighton not the most glamorous of games and it’s also not far off Xmas so you should get one, I’m sure I will have one. The transfer system is quite straightforward. Beware of scammers especially on any of the Facebook ticket pages.
Thank you ! So once I buy the membership, I should just be able to buy the tickets off ManUtd.com right?