All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Kev the Red

I have a single vs Atalanta, can't go because of work. Seat is in NE3419. Face value £42.

Edit - Gone

Last edited:

OKCRed

Going to my first match ever vs Brighton! Will be in London the week before. Any chance in hell of getting into the Brentford match? Any suggestions? I know it is unlikely.

JimmyC99

Looks like some more tickets have just dropped for the Liverpool game **Edit - Because I'm a new user my posts need approving before they actually appear on the thread so unfortunately by the time this happens the ticket will be long gone**

Last edited:
Reactions: Rood

daveoliver91

Some tickets available now for the Liverpool game indeed, and now they are available to purchase. Just got one in South Stand! :)
Run, run!

PeteReDevil

iPete
We're staying at a hotel close to St. Peter's Sq. for the Liverpool game. I reckon taking the tram to a close-ish stop is the best option? Would love some pointers for a good pre-game bar as well!

Knighton's knee.

Hi,

I've had a season ticket for a few years now and have always parked just off Railway Rd. The problem is that this season it's been a nightmare getting back home via Chester Rd.

So for the Atalanta game I'm parking in the official N4 carpark to see if it's a bit quicker getting back South to the Midlands.

Do any of you kind folks know what time N4 opens before a game and how long it usually takes to get onto the M6?

Cheers in advance.

:)

Robin

We're staying at a hotel close to St. Peter's Sq. for the Liverpool game. I reckon taking the tram to a close-ish stop is the best option? Would love some pointers for a good pre-game bar as well!
If you get the Altrincham tram and get off at Trafford Bar, you have the Tollgate pub right outside , and round the corner Morgans bar, they usually have bar food on , if you want the touristy thing then nearer the ground get off at the cricket ground and walk up to the Trafford or the Blaize but get there early or you will be queuing to get in.
If you end up on the Eccles tram get off at Salford Quays, I think the pub there is called the Matchstick Man and then there is Hotel football near the ground

Liverpool tickets are long gone but there are plenty still on the site for the Atalanta game.

PeteReDevil

iPete
If you get the Altrincham tram and get off at Trafford Bar, you have the Tollgate pub right outside , and round the corner Morgans bar, they usually have bar food on , if you want the touristy thing then nearer the ground get off at the cricket ground and walk up to the Trafford or the Blaize but get there early or you will be queuing to get in.
If you end up on the Eccles tram get off at Salford Quays, I think the pub there is called the Matchstick Man and then there is Hotel football near the ground
Cheers, Robin!

Red00012

You’re surely be going for a pint on Peter Street ?

Upside Down Tomato

Liverpool tickets are long gone but there are plenty still on the site for the Atalanta game.
I think the Atalanta tickets are only on sale to season ticket members who haven't yet purchased one, or something like that.
I spent a good 45 mins trying to figure out why it wouldn't let me buy them before i figured thisout! Why allow me to click "buy tickets" if the tickets can not be bought!

Whatsername

Hi,

I've had a season ticket for a few years now and have always parked just off Railway Rd. The problem is that this season it's been a nightmare getting back home via Chester Rd.

So for the Atalanta game I'm parking in the official N4 carpark to see if it's a bit quicker getting back South to the Midlands.

Do any of you kind folks know what time N4 opens before a game and how long it usually takes to get onto the M6?

Cheers in advance.

This season we’ve prepaid for parking in E3, first game we made the mistake of turning left out of there which took us towards the N car parks and it took us 90 minutes to get to M6 jct 19. Of course you’ll have the advantage of already being in that direction plus on that occasion it was a Saturday afternoon so more traffic on the roads.
Now we head towards the city and as long as the M6 is running okay we can be home just north of Birmingham in around 90 minutes.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Random question, if you forward tickets for cup games are you still eligible for domestic cup finals with full credits or does it take a credit off you?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think the Atalanta tickets are only on sale to season ticket members who haven't yet purchased one, or something like that.
I spent a good 45 mins trying to figure out why it wouldn't let me buy them before i figured thisout! Why allow me to click "buy tickets" if the tickets can not be bought!
That can't be right as season ticket holders can't opt out of champs league for starters. With maybe the exception of kids.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Some tickets available now for the Liverpool game indeed, and now they are available to purchase. Just got one in South Stand! :)
Run, run!
Shows how hit and miss the notification app is. Had no email from that but got one from the atalanta game. Albeit 10mins after and only singles left

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
That can't be right as season ticket holders can't opt out of champs league for starters. With maybe the exception of kids.
Might be to do with card details expired or something, unsure. I've had it before where my card had expired and I had a certain amount of time to update it or lose the ticket.

Upside Down Tomato

im not sure what happened, I could put them in my basket but wouldn’t let me purchase them, it said on site that they were on sale to season ticket holders only when I checked again….think the site messed up, the Atalanta game isn’t even showing up anymore!

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I have 1 ticket available at face value (£38) for Atalanta at home in the standing section in J Stand.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Their random ticket releases are embarrassing.
We are sorry you missed out in a ballot. Please sporadically check the website everyday for the next two weeks on the off chance we might sell you one.

Knighton's knee.

Random question, if you forward tickets for cup games are you still eligible for domestic cup finals with full credits or does it take a credit off you?
Cheers mate. That's very helpful
This season we’ve prepaid for parking in E3, first game we made the mistake of turning left out of there which took us towards the N car parks and it took us 90 minutes to get to M6 jct 19. Of course you’ll have the advantage of already being in that direction plus on that occasion it was a Saturday afternoon so more traffic on the roads.
Now we head towards the city and as long as the M6 is running okay we can be home just north of Birmingham in around 90 minutes.
Cheers mate. That's very helpful information. :)

Do the official car parks open nice and early?

Reactions: Jippy

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Give me all your tickets you now can't make.

And someone buy my Atalanta (1x adult in W3102).

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
@AndyMitten
https://twitter.com/AndyMitten

All three MUFC away games in Dec conveniently rescheduled so it's now too late to take last trains back to Manchester from Norwich, Brentford and Newcastle. Reckon anyone in the decision making process gives much of a toss about football fans who actually attend football matches?

K Stand Knut

Hi,

Cheers in advance.

Not Sure how helpful this will be but have you tried parking somewhere south of the ground and using the Metrolink to save you driving.

The tram is pretty easy, if a bit packed on the way back but you’d get up to the M6 pretty quickly.

I live next to Altrincham tram station and can get home within 30 minutes of the final whistle meaning you could be on the M6 within 45 minutes if you’re quick

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
@AndyMitten
https://twitter.com/AndyMitten

All three MUFC away games in Dec conveniently rescheduled so it's now too late to take last trains back to Manchester from Norwich, Brentford and Newcastle. Reckon anyone in the decision making process gives much of a toss about football fans who actually attend football matches?
Brentford not stayed on the same day, with an earlier kick off?

Knighton's knee.

Not Sure how helpful this will be but have you tried parking somewhere south of the ground and using the Metrolink to save you driving.

The tram is pretty easy, if a bit packed on the way back but you’d get up to the M6 pretty quickly.

I live next to Altrincham tram station and can get home within 30 minutes of the final whistle meaning you could be on the M6 within 45 minutes if you’re quick
Thanks mate. I will give this option a try if there's not much joy getting home from N4 carpark.

Any input is welcome to avoid being stuck on Chester Road for an hour after a midweek Champions League game.

K Stand Knut

Thanks mate. I will give this option a try if there's not much joy getting home from N4 carpark.

Any input is welcome to avoid being stuck on Chester Road for an hour after a midweek Champions League game.
I can’t help coming from that side (looks like the car park is behind the Stretford End but a short walk away) but it looks like you’ll head out towards the Trafford Centre and a bit further along the M60.

You might need to ignore your Sat Nav if you use it to get to the M6 but in theory, it should be ok from there

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I didn't expect the Burnley to get moved to the 30th from the 28th during such a congested fixture period. fecked my families Xmas travel plans to involve a hospitality visit to the Red Cafe.

Does anyone know what the hospitality refunds policy is like? I'm having difficulty finding anything online.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So glad I didn't gamble on what looked a certainty that Arsenal would be the Wednesday.

How the bloody hell has that ended up on the Thursday for goodness sake :lol:

If anyone can't now make it, let me know though.

Although I do have an awkward Friday morning meeting - can't make it up - scheduled it then thinking Thursday being clear was fine.

JSC

Selling 1 ticket to Atalanta. Great seat - face value. N1404 row EE. Pm if interested. Members only.