All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Leith_Red

Has anyone else tried to forward their ST to a linked member for the Leeds game and got the error message that "This event is no longer for sale"?

Whatsername

Has anyone else tried to forward their ST to a linked member for the Leeds game and got the error message that "This event is no longer for sale"?
I wonder if it’s not up and running yet? The text they sent last night said that forwarding will be made available in the next 10 days.

Whatsername

Hi all.
I just bought 4 tickets to see united v everton and I realised it has my name on all 4 tickets. Do I have to change it to the names of who will come with me and if I do how do I go about it?
Thanks for the replies in advance.
Not sure with the new digital system, but if they didn’t ask for names when booking then they can’t be that bothered. Maybe text them and ask.

Leith_Red

I wonder if it’s not up and running yet? The text they sent last night said that forwarding will be made available in the next 10 days.
Yeah but their email from only a few days ago said it would be on 22nd. Difficult to know what to believe. Texted them and the guy said "maybe try later today". The service is simply awful.

Whatsername

Yeah but their email from only a few days ago said it would be on 22nd. Difficult to know what to believe. Texted them and the guy said "maybe try later today". The service is simply awful.
I couldn’t agree more and I honestly don’t think that the ticketing staff are given enough information, it seems like they have to make it up as they go along and hope for the best.
Don’t get me wrong, whenever I’ve spoken to them they’ve always been really helpful but you do wonder whether what you’ve been told is correct or if they haven’t a clue and are just fobbing you off.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Hi all.
I just bought 4 tickets to see united v everton and I realised it has my name on all 4 tickets. Do I have to change it to the names of who will come with me and if I do how do I go about it?
Thanks for the replies in advance.
I assume you are talking about the preseason friendly?

I doubt anyone will care about names on tickets for that one, in fact it's not really an issue the vast majority of the time so I wouldn't worry about it

JB7

I assume you are talking about the preseason friendly?

I doubt anyone will care about names on tickets for that one, in fact it's not really an issue the vast majority of the time so I wouldn't worry about it
I bloody hope not, I've got 3 groups of tickets in different parts of the ground in my name and I'm not even going to the game.

Leith_Red

I couldn’t agree more and I honestly don’t think that the ticketing staff are given enough information, it seems like they have to make it up as they go along and hope for the best.
Don’t get me wrong, whenever I’ve spoken to them they’ve always been really helpful but you do wonder whether what you’ve been told is correct or if they haven’t a clue and are just fobbing you off.
They are always really nice people. They unfortunately normally end up not being helpful at all (by getting it wrong) but, like you said, I think that's because of extreme lack of info/training that they've been given.

Reactions: Rood

ell

Does anyone have any experience of using a 65+ ticket as an adult? My dad and I have two seasont tickets but his is now a 65+ ticket, which makes it complicated when trying to go with someone else. When scanning in at the turnstile I have never seen a difference and have frequently used his and he used mine as an experiment. But I am worried that there is a new sytem now.
On the website when I try and 'change price type' for the Leeds game it just says 'this event is no longer for sale' which doesnt make any sense. Does anyone know when this might change?

Lenny1810

Does anyone have any experience of using a 65+ ticket as an adult? My dad and I have two seasont tickets but his is now a 65+ ticket, which makes it complicated when trying to go with someone else. When scanning in at the turnstile I have never seen a difference and have frequently used his and he used mine as an experiment. But I am worried that there is a new sytem now.
On the website when I try and 'change price type' for the Leeds game it just says 'this event is no longer for sale' which doesnt make any sense. Does anyone know when this might change?
i think that may become active when they allow the forwarding of tickets. Going by the latest text message, it’ll probably be some point this week.

Whatsername

Not 65+ but my son was once asked for his date of birth by a steward at the other side of the turnstiles when using an under 16 ticket. He was tall for his age and looked older, so I wondered if there was a light which stewards can see when a concession ticket is scanned and they use their judgement as to whether they ask for proof of age.

ell

Not 65+ but my son was once asked for his date of birth by a steward at the other side of the turnstiles when using an under 16 ticket. He was tall for his age and looked older, so I wondered if there was a light which stewards can see when a concession ticket is scanned and they use their judgement as to whether they ask for proof of age.
Yes this is my worry when using the ticket as someone who is clearly not 65+. It is just a faff having to pay the extra £30 each game to upgrade it, but hopefully the new system should make it much easier.

i think that may become active when they allow the forwarding of tickets. Going by the latest text message, it’ll probably be some point this week.
That's good to know thank you! Looks like the online system has a few teething issues. But it will be nice to be able to forward on the tickets so easily when it is finally sorted.

nickyboy1981

I tried for the Newcastle and Everton games and got the same error.

I am trying to get through as I accidently cancelled my DD for the cup games instead of my membership so will see if they have any info.

Jamesy_UTFR_7

Another day the postman has come without my Preston tickets, United really take the p*ss when it comes to posting tickets out!

Anyone received there’s yet?

Last edited:

Robin

There is a light system that is activated when you scan your ticket, a normal ticket a green light shows the other side of the turnstile, if it’s a concession I think it’s red just to alert the steward, I don’t like to suggest excuses, but when I did it once ( bite me ) I got my mate with a normal ticket to go in and ask the steward the way to the bogs , then when he was distracted slipped in, I’m too honest to do it again

Whatsername

There is a light system that is activated when you scan your ticket, a normal ticket a green light shows the other side of the turnstile, if it’s a concession I think it’s red just to alert the steward, I don’t like to suggest excuses, but when I did it once ( bite me ) I got my mate with a normal ticket to go in and ask the steward the way to the bogs , then when he was distracted slipped in, I’m too honest to do it again
My son was only asked once, it was before we had season tickets so we were going through different turnstiles each time with member tickets so it wasn’t as if the stewards had got to know him on the one entrance.

RedDevilRoshi

Another day the postman has come without my Preston tickets, United really take the p*ss when it comes to posting tickets out!

Anyone received there’s yet?
Nope, still waiting for mines. E-mailed them yesterday to ask if they’ve been sent out and was told they’ve not been posted out yet but will be doing so this week via tracked delivery.

They are definitely leaving it very last minute.

JmRssll555

Nope, still waiting for mines. E-mailed them yesterday to ask if they’ve been sent out and was told they’ve not been posted out yet but will be doing so this week via tracked delivery.

They are definitely leaving it very last minute.
The tickets for QPR were only posted on the Wednesday I think, so didn't leave much time to spare then either!

Do either you or @Jamesy_UTFR_7 have a spare by any chance?

RedDevilRoshi

The tickets for QPR were only posted on the Wednesday I think, so didn't leave much time to spare then either!

Do either you or @Jamesy_UTFR_7 have a spare by any chance?
Blimey, they really are cutting it extremely thin if they are posting these tickets out this late too like the QPR ones and as you said, if it was to get lost then no chance of organising a spare to be sent. They are sort of taking the piss in fact leaving it so late! My train to Preston is on early Saturday morning before the postman comes so it either comes before then or I can’t go.

Sorry, I don’t have no spare ticket.

Robin

If anyone is thinking about going to the Everton game and haven’t ordered your tickets yet you had better be quick, only a few left in North stand T3, no doubt it will sell out very soon

faysmax

Anyone know when is the next release for Leeds? Missed out on the initial window last week.

ell

Interesting - are you talking about a light that only the stewards can see from their little booth? I know there is the lights that flash green when going in. As an experiment when my dad and I go in together I often use his 65+ ticket and he uses mine - and if caught we would simply say we got them mixed up so no real risk - but I assumed it was just the same. This makes me feel like I wont be able to risk not paying the £30 upgrade each time I go with someone other than my dad.

cjhill44

Hi,

I renewed my membership back in June but got no notification as to when tickets were going on sale. Have the first batch gone on sale already? It’s usually around this time of year.
If I have missed it, will there be a second chance to get some tickets?

RedDevilRoshi

Hi,

I renewed my membership back in June but got no notification as to when tickets were going on sale. Have the first batch gone on sale already? It’s usually around this time of year.
If I have missed it, will there be a second chance to get some tickets?
Went on sale last Tuesday. Tickets for the West Ham game are still on sale but the others haven’t got any and were pretty much snapped up last week. There might be some tickets that get released closer to the date of that particular fixture but that’s just me guessing.

Ludens the Red

We really are run by a bunch of magnificent cnuts. This poxy ‘transfer tickets only to members scheme’ is purely for United to rack up memberships.

Just noticed After paying for a membership you can change the name of the holder as much as you like …. Makes sense . United can’t even rob their fans properly.

Last edited:

Bosws87

100% record in away ballots so far :lol:

See how long that lasts Southampton away in the bag.

rotherham_red

100% record in away ballots so far :lol:

See how long that lasts Southampton away in the bag.
I *think* I've got it too - the money has been taken from my account but when I log in to my account it isn't showing up in my history which is a bit weird.

The annoying thing is I can't even ring the ticket office to check which is what I used to do :(

JB7

I *think* I've got it too - the money has been taken from my account but when I log in to my account it isn't showing up in my history which is a bit weird.

The annoying thing is I can't even ring the ticket office to check which is what I used to do :(
Mine are showing on my account now and they weren't when I posted earlier, so I'd check again this evening pal.

K Stand Knut

Anyone asking about forwarding tickets etc., I read the bit about it on the website earlier and it says the 4th before anything is going tk work

ell

Anyone asking about forwarding tickets etc., I read the bit about it on the website earlier and it says the 4th before anything is going tk work
Is that the 4th of August? I need to change price category and then forward on a ticket too.

hp88

Bit unrelated but for those of you who went to the game, can you squash the rumour that we are selling cans of Carling for £5 :lol: