All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Bit unrelated but for those of you who went to the game, can you squash the rumour that we are selling cans of Carling for £5 :lol:
I wasnt there but it's true - lots of posts on Twitter with the new beer menu and it's definitely worse than before.
£5 Carling or £4.50 Worthington's - nothing in bottles.

Will change when they sign up a new beer sponsor I assume

Remember the geese

I've just become a silver season ticket holder and was successful in the Southampton ballot. Just wondering if there is an essential list of pubs that United fans go to on away days?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I've just become a silver season ticket holder and was successful in the Southampton ballot. Just wondering if there is an essential list of pubs that United fans go to on away days?
Just ask on here - most grounds have a traditional one as posted above for Southampton. There's no list online, and if there is some snide one somewhere it will be out of date.

Robin

if you haven’t been to Southampton before I’d give it a miss if I was you, it’s a very dangerous place and needs a more experienced fan to go in your place. Unbelievably I am free to go and was Chubbed, i will give you my address , thank me later

Remember the geese

if you haven’t been to Southampton before I’d give it a miss if I was you, it’s a very dangerous place and needs a more experienced fan to go in your place. Unbelievably I am free to go and was Chubbed, i will give you my address , thank me later
You had me hooked in up until the last sentence there! :nervous::lol:

rotherham_red

The digital parking pass for this season has come through to my inbox. Not sure how that's going to work. It's going to be bedlam trying to get in I imagine.

Also, I'm living away from home at the moment, so does anyone know if ST holders still get a pack or has that been dispensed with along with the ST cards?

Whatsername

The digital parking pass for this season has come through to my inbox. Not sure how that's going to work. It's going to be bedlam trying to get in I imagine.

Also, I'm living away from home at the moment, so does anyone know if ST holders still get a pack or has that been dispensed with along with the ST cards?
My pass has come too, it was a digital one for the Fulham game and that worked okay but my son went on Wednesday and the scanner wasn’t working so he had to show the email confirmation for his parking.

I was wondering if we’re still getting a pack too, haven’t seen any mention of them.

robinrooney

My pass has come too, it was a digital one for the Fulham game and that worked okay but my son went on Wednesday and the scanner wasn’t working so he had to show the email confirmation for his parking.

I was wondering if we’re still getting a pack too, haven’t seen any mention of them.
Doubt we'll get anything. Would be interesting to know if members got anything

rotherham_red

They’ve added an extra membership tier haven’t they from when I last looked, a more expensive one with a better goodie bag.
I think they've always had two tiers. One was the lite one which didn't have a membership pack and the other was the standard member which got the pack. Could be wrong though as I haven't been a member since I got my ST a few years ago.

Ludens the Red

:lol:

Whatsername

I think they've always had two tiers. One was the lite one which didn't have a membership pack and the other was the standard member which got the pack. Could be wrong though as I haven't been a member since I got my ST a few years ago.
Yeah, pretty sure someone said that they’ve added a third tier now.

Robin

one thing to bear in mind with the new digital tickets etc, at the Brentford game and bear in mind it was less than half full there were massive queues getting in at kick off with a lot missing the first 2 goals. I guessed this would happen and went in early but if you are going to the Everton game , which is now sold out I would suggest getting there earlier than normal, the bonus is you get the added treat of Carling at £5 a can.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Not a season ticket holder but would like to get some tickets to take my kids to a match. Best way?

Whatsername

Not a season ticket holder but would like to get some tickets to take my kids to a match. Best way?
Through membership is the obvious way, or they might go on general sale for the Carabao Cup games.
You might come across a season ticket holder offering the use of their ticket if they can’t make it to a game but you’d need a few seated together to make it work for you I guess.

Robbo*

one thing to bear in mind with the new digital tickets etc, at the Brentford game and bear in mind it was less than half full there were massive queues getting in at kick off with a lot missing the first 2 goals. I guessed this would happen and went in early but if you are going to the Everton game , which is now sold out I would suggest getting there earlier than normal, the bonus is you get the added treat of Carling at £5 a can.
I was hoping that the Carling rumours weren’t true..

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
You will often find some tickets on here - don't expect for City, Liverpool etc but choose a lesser demand game or midweek and ask on here

Red00012

Cans of carling @£5 the glazers have started to trying claw back 18 months of a loss already :nervous:

Butty19

So I’ve got my digital ST saved in the wallet on my phone. There’s often quite a few games I can’t make due to work so my mates go. Can I just screen shot the digital ticket and pass it on to them? Seems a bit of an effort setting them up on a network to pass the ticket on, especially when there’s a few of them that might take it and non of them are currently official members.

rotherham_red

That looks decent to be fair given you get a match ticket.. scratch that, its access to a a ticket, still its a nice Thermos :)

So do you not get anything for a season ticket anymore? I used to get a pack with the seat number on it with some goodies inside.
We did in the season before COVID, but it seems we don't now that we've gone fully digital. Not particularly fussed tbh. Most of it was useless &/or I wouldn't be seen dead in it anyways.

Oystaboi

So I’ve got my digital ST saved in the wallet on my phone. There’s often quite a few games I can’t make due to work so my mates go. Can I just screen shot the digital ticket and pass it on to them? Seems a bit of an effort setting them up on a network to pass the ticket on, especially when there’s a few of them that might take it and non of them are currently official members.
After an answer to this as well.

Been trying to set up "relationships" with people for ages and the system isn't working.

This is so much easier than having a credit card sized card to scan at the door......

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Cans of carling @£5 the glazers have started to trying claw back 18 months of a loss already :nervous:
What was the beer and price before? I remember something like £4.60 for Heineken so hardly major difference

Bosws87

What was the beer and price before? I remember something like £4.60 for Heineken so hardly major difference
Theres a huge difference between Heineken and Carling, how dare you! :lol:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Theres a huge difference between Heineken and Carling, how dare you! :lol:
I see a huge outcry about Carling and its absolutely awful, but Heineken is also mass produced crap so all the same to me !

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I see a huge outcry about Carling and its absolutely awful, but Heineken is also mass produced crap so all the same to me !
Agreed and Heineken was in a 330ml bottle.

Butty19

After an answer to this as well.

Been trying to set up "relationships" with people for ages and the system isn't working.

This is so much easier than having a credit card sized card to scan at the door......
Indeed. Surely if you screenshot the digital card and send it to the person who’s going before the game it’ll work?

robinrooney

Indeed. Surely if you screenshot the digital card and send it to the person who’s going before the game it’ll work?
It will also work for every other game of the season. Only way to get a unique code is to transfer the ticket officially through the portal.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Agreed and Heineken was in a 330ml bottle.
Exactly why I never drink in the ground anyway!

And on the few occasions I have (if someone else is buying!), usually went for the ale - seems to have changed from John Smith's to Worthington's, also both average but at least in bigger cans