All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Disclaimer: Redcafe will not accept any responsibility or liability related to any transactions amongst its members.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just musing on how things will work this season, as I've taken the year break from season tickets of 7/8 years.

You can get a membership "Lite" for a mere £20, so just wondering about getting 2 of those, so that if I want to go with someone (potentially different each time), they could use the second one.

Now it's digital tickets, presumably you can transfer one of the tickets to them on their phone, rather than have both on yours and have to muck about passing them your phone?
And presumably they work in the same way as season tickets in that you can bring a mate, rather than it have to be the named person?

RedDevilRoshi

Apologies if already posted elsewhere. When do tickets go on sale to official members?

K Stand Knut

Renewed my season ticket and I'm in the rail seating trial so looking forward to seeing how that evolves.
It won’t be as good as the SE, IMO but I am also intrigued to see if it adds to the atmosphere in the ground.

If we can get even a semblance of a decent atmosphere going at that end of the ground, OT on certain games could be amazing again

RonaldoVII

It won’t be as good as the SE, IMO but I am also intrigued to see if it adds to the atmosphere in the ground.

If we can get even a semblance of a decent atmosphere going at that end of the ground, OT on certain games could be amazing again
I'd be happy with it being like J stand 18/19 and the few years prior, before most moved to the RA section. I've not really moved seat so was an easy option to stay there for the trial.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

There has been a decent atmosphere in J Stand for a few years now IMO - diluted when TRA left for SERS but still better than what it was before

Looking forward to the rail seat trials

K Stand Knut

There has been a decent atmosphere in J Stand for a few years now IMO - diluted when TRA left for SERS but still better than what it was before

Looking forward to the rail seat trials
Yeah. Agree with that.
Didn’t personally agree with how TRA moved completely. Think they should have the rail seat area for any overspill they have to try and get more vocal people at that end of the ground.

feels a bit like they’re just trying to sort the SE out at the moment.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I 'm also moving from the Stretford End into the new safe standing area in N2402 which I'm looking forward to!

I do wonder how the club will judge whether or not the 'trial' was successful or not though.

rotherham_red

Renewed my season ticket and I'm in the rail seating trial so looking forward to seeing how that evolves.
I'm a bit disappointed that it's only 1,500 safe standing spaces whereas City are putting in 3,000 spaces.

It should be successful though. That end of the ground needs that space and it should bounce off the energy created by TRA at the other end of the ground.

rotherham_red

I wonder how the parking is going to work, as apparently they've done away with sending the physical permits too and it's going all digital.

I've paid for it but I have literally no idea how it's going to pan out.

Can't wait for that first game of the season though, and against Leeds of all teams! :keano:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I'm a bit disappointed that it's only 1,500 safe standing spaces whereas City are putting in 3,000 spaces.

It should be successful though. That end of the ground needs that space and it should bounce off the energy created by TRA at the other end of the ground.
Unfortunately that doesn't really happen as the acoustics at OT are terrible so you don't hear much from the opposite end nowadays - if you do hear it then it means you are not making enough noise yourself !

rotherham_red

Unfortunately that doesn't really happen as the acoustics at OT are terrible so you don't hear much from the opposite end nowadays - if you do hear it then it means you are not making enough noise yourself !
Very fair point! I'm in the South Stand, so... yeah. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wonder how the parking is going to work, as apparently they've done away with sending the physical permits too and it's going all digital.

I've paid for it but I have literally no idea how it's going to pan out.

Can't wait for that first game of the season though, and against Leeds of all teams! :keano:
Surely it can only slow things down with everyone having to stop, arse around with their phone, some guy checking it etc.
As opposed to just flashing a card that just sits in your car?

rotherham_red

Surely it can only slow things down with everyone having to stop, arse around with their phone, some guy checking it etc.
As opposed to just flashing a card that just sits in your car?
They should do automatic number plate recognition on the barriers

Yik

Has anyone been able to change their seats? Theres a "replace seat" option in the season ticket section and it was open for a bit, but seems to be greyed out now?

AndyMUFC

I've been trying myself, they did say some seats will come up for relocation first week in July but I can't do anything yet.

Whatsername

I emailed today to ask about how relocating online will work and if the greyed out “replace seat” link was the place to do it and got a reply back which failed to answer that but just said that they haven’t had a confirmation of the date or time for when we’ll be able to do that.

LT21

Was it one or two seats? Can't manage to move two seats, saying I'm leaving a seat on its own.

misterbigalow

I don't want to move my seat but I had a look at the Replace Seat option, it comes up with "Sorry, you are unable to buy in this area", which probably means either there isn't any free seats in Stretty lower, or I'm not allowed as I already moved my seat from last season

Leon Tallis

Go!!!
Just managed to relocate our seats, it’s the replace seats option
Me too. N1407 upper, two seats from the half-way line. Couldn't be happier.

Is this now open to everyone? I thought it was forced movers today and everyone else on Monday.

Last edited:

Yik

Wow, its actually working now. Guys how is W204 , Row 13? I feel like its probably a really good place to watch the game? I've never actually been to Old Trafford before (other than on the stadium tour) so this is incredibly surreal!

EDIT: changed it to W3104 Row 14. Think Tier 2 lower down is possibly better. I'm just giddy though, theres so many seats to choose from now!

Last edited:

Leon Tallis

Wow, its actually working now. Guys how is W204 , Row 13? I feel like its probably a really good place to watch the game? I've never actually been to Old Trafford before (other than on the stadium tour) so this is incredibly surreal!
Yes, that's a great place to watch the game.

K Stand Knut

EDIT: changed it to W3104 Row 14. Think Tier 2 lower down is possibly better. I'm just giddy though, theres so many seats to choose from now!

It depends how close you want to be to a loud atmosphere.

W204 is the section directly next to TRA who organise the atmosphere at OT and will be exceptional apart from being where I sit!

Yik

W204 is the section directly next to TRA who organise the atmosphere at OT and will be exceptional apart from being where I sit!
Does sitting in Tier 2 not give you a slightly better view of the pitch though? I thought Tier 2 was also the place where the most atmosphere is.

Leon Tallis

Does sitting in Tier 2 not give you a slightly better view of the pitch though? I thought Tier 2 was also the place where the most atmosphere is.
IMO, as long as you're high enough up tier 1 to get a good view of the other end, then being closer to the action is preferable to tier 2.

But everyone has different preferences.

Yik

IMO, as long as you're high enough up tier 1 to get a good view of the other end, then being closer to the action is preferable to tier 2.

But everyone has different preferences.
Changed it back now :lol: . I feela bit sorry though for the people who've presumably given up their seats. I don't imagine its this easy to change seats in a normal year. I'll be sure to sing my heart out and make it worth it

K Stand Knut

The atmosphere is definitely now in the lower tier of the SE, although I think the second tier also generates some decent noise as a direct result. I’ve got mates who sit up there and won’t move because it’s still good.

I also don’t think the pitch view is bad in the lower tier, albeit I tend to position myself at the back of the lower tier anyway.

I doubt there much between them both TBH.

JB7

Wasn't W204 the posh seats? Have they finally got rid of them then?

mufc90

I don't want to move my seat but I had a look at the Replace Seat option, it comes up with "Sorry, you are unable to buy in this area", which probably means either there isn't any free seats in Stretty lower, or I'm not allowed as I already moved my seat from last season
I just moved from NE quadrant to the Stretty level two, but only had to swap a single. Managed to get W202 and there were a few other singles there.

JB7

I've dropped my STs from W3103 to W203 but have to be honest I'd like to think I'll be in the TRA section more often than not so hope not to get too acquainted with the new seats.

SERS was the best place in the ground to watch football in 19/20 season for my money so would image it'll be the same in 21/22, especially with larger numbers in the section.

K Stand Knut

I've dropped my STs from W3103 to W203 but have to be honest I'd like to think I'll be in the TRA section more often than not so hope not to get too acquainted with the new seats.

SERS was the best place in the ground to watch football in 19/20 season for my money so would image it'll be the same in 21/22, especially with larger numbers in the section.
I completely agree. I haven’t had my arse on my seat for about 7 years now!

Think I’m due a plaque on my seat this season too, which I’m sure someone in the new rail seats will enjoy!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I get the same - actually not fussed about moving but was just interested in the options

AndyMUFC

Managed to move from North Stand T3 down to T1. No more walking up 20 flights of stairs every matchday :lol:

Definitely nowhere near this easy to get such good seats in a normal year.