All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Still have 1 ticket for tomorrow £20.

N2402.

United_98

How likely can I get a away ticket vs Brighton?
Even if I have it, I would have a big problem, as traveling to Brighton seems far away...
But really wish to do an away trip, if possible

Robin

Even if I have it, I would have a big problem, as traveling to Brighton seems far away...
You shouldn’t have any problem getting a ticket, all you need is about £200 or if someone is feeling benevolent you might get one for as little as £150, I doubt you will get one anywhere near face value off a stranger. I live in Manchester and I reckon the two hardest away games to get to are the two we have left, Brighton and Palace. I once drove to Brighton away at the Goldstone Ground and got there at half time !!!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
You might get one on the day at the pubs in Brighton where Utd drink but it's pure luck.

Online you'll get ripped off by a tout, that's your only option.

Will be my first time at Brightons ground actually.

Whatsername

Changes to Season Tickets just announced:

Thank you for your support this season; after over a season of home games without fans in attendance, it has been great to have a full Old Trafford again to support the team this year.

In our first Fans’ Advisory Board (FAB) meeting, representatives asked us to review our policy in relation to cup matches and to work with them to explore options for providing fans with more choice and flexibility. We are pleased to provide an update regarding immediate changes for home cup games, which have now been supported by our Fans' Advisory Board and Fans’ Forum.
• Season Ticket holders will be able to opt-out of each individual cup competition on a seasonal basis, at the point of renewing for the following season.
• If you opt-out of a competition, and then wish to attend a specific match, you will be able to purchase or apply for tickets with the same priority and at the same price as an Official Member.
• If you opt-in and cannot attend a game, you will be able to forward your ticket to an Official Member or donate it to the Foundation with no impact on away game eligibility, but you will not be able to opt-out of a specific game.

Demand for match tickets at Old Trafford is higher than ever before so for 2022/23 we will re-sell your ticket for any home cup competitions you opt-out of, as part of a new Cup Season Ticket product. Due to this, once you have made your decision you will not be able to make any changes to your opt-in status during the course of the season, but will be able to amend your selection for the following season.

Additionally, we have recently trialled a buy-back scheme with some ticket holders, where the Club will reimburse you for a game if you are unable to attend, or forward your ticket. We are pleased to confirm that we will make this scheme available to all Season Ticket holders next season. The scheme will primarily be available for home Premier League games, but may also be available for some cup matches. Note: returning a ticket back to the club for a home cup game would impact away game eligibility. More information about this scheme will be available in the coming weeks.

As you have already renewed, please visit tickets.manutd.com from 12pm Thursday 5th May and log in. Select “Cup Schemes” where you will be able to add and remove competitions where applicable until 8am Monday 6th June. To opt-out of a previously mandatory scheme, simply tick the box next to the scheme and select “Remove” above the table. As a reminder, this is a single decision that will remain in place for the entire season, we have automatically applied your previous preference for the Europa League, for the Europa Conference League. Please also take a moment to check the card details assigned to each scheme, to ensure they are up to date.

Our 2022/23 Season Ticket terms and conditions have also been updated to reflect all home cup tickets now being optional. To read these please visit manutd.com/terms. For more information, you can read some FAQs on our online help pages.

Bosws87

A psuedo change to apply for aways you still need to be signed up to all the cups.

A step in the right direction but not as good as it sounds.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Changes to Season Tickets just announced:

Thank you for your support this season; after over a season of home games without fans in attendance, it has been great to have a full Old Trafford again to support the team this year.

In our first Fans’ Advisory Board (FAB) meeting, representatives asked us to review our policy in relation to cup matches and to work with them to explore options for providing fans with more choice and flexibility. We are pleased to provide an update regarding immediate changes for home cup games, which have now been supported by our Fans' Advisory Board and Fans’ Forum.
• Season Ticket holders will be able to opt-out of each individual cup competition on a seasonal basis, at the point of renewing for the following season.
• If you opt-out of a competition, and then wish to attend a specific match, you will be able to purchase or apply for tickets with the same priority and at the same price as an Official Member.
• If you opt-in and cannot attend a game, you will be able to forward your ticket to an Official Member or donate it to the Foundation with no impact on away game eligibility, but you will not be able to opt-out of a specific game.

Demand for match tickets at Old Trafford is higher than ever before so for 2022/23 we will re-sell your ticket for any home cup competitions you opt-out of, as part of a new Cup Season Ticket product. Due to this, once you have made your decision you will not be able to make any changes to your opt-in status during the course of the season, but will be able to amend your selection for the following season.

Additionally, we have recently trialled a buy-back scheme with some ticket holders, where the Club will reimburse you for a game if you are unable to attend, or forward your ticket. We are pleased to confirm that we will make this scheme available to all Season Ticket holders next season. The scheme will primarily be available for home Premier League games, but may also be available for some cup matches. Note: returning a ticket back to the club for a home cup game would impact away game eligibility. More information about this scheme will be available in the coming weeks.

As you have already renewed, please visit tickets.manutd.com from 12pm Thursday 5th May and log in. Select “Cup Schemes” where you will be able to add and remove competitions where applicable until 8am Monday 6th June. To opt-out of a previously mandatory scheme, simply tick the box next to the scheme and select “Remove” above the table. As a reminder, this is a single decision that will remain in place for the entire season, we have automatically applied your previous preference for the Europa League, for the Europa Conference League. Please also take a moment to check the card details assigned to each scheme, to ensure they are up to date.

Our 2022/23 Season Ticket terms and conditions have also been updated to reflect all home cup tickets now being optional. To read these please visit manutd.com/terms. For more information, you can read some FAQs on our online help pages.
I'd prefer to opt in for everything, then look to individually forward on or sell back tickets to matches where one or both of us cannot attend. Reading the FAQs, it appears as if you will still be able to forward tickets to non-members, so that's good.

Also according to the website FAQs, the club will also be selling Cup Season Tickets for 22/23 too.

Last edited:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
A psuedo change to apply for aways you still need to be signed up to all the cups.

A step in the right direction but not as good as it sounds.
Potentially a move towards a loyalty system? Long overdue.

I see the muted one for members for the Chelsea game never happened. And the usual radio silence from the club.

cbmufc

Cup season ticket for members is interesting - surely that mean's home's only and not any finals though so can't see much take up

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Cup season ticket for members is interesting. Opting out the cups will help with away apps as well you would think no?
99% of cup games are piss easy to get for members anyway - and you get no preference for the semi or final should we get there. Sounds like a dud to me.

Nikelesh Reddy

Hey guys,as an international supporter of the club,I really want to come to OT in August or September.I am an official member of the club…As soon as the fixtures are released in mid June,should I just immediately apply for tickets for every single match from August-October and just hope that I end up getting a ticket for game?Or is there a better way to go about it?

cbmufc

99% of cup games are piss easy to get for members anyway - and you get no preference for the semi or final should we get there. Sounds like a dud to me.
Yeah agree, would have been a goer for Champions League for some but don't see the value here.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Am I right in thinking that the removal of the ACS scheme doesn't really benefit supporters who want to apply for aways? The only change is we can forward tickets on to members for cup games (thought we could do that anyway tbh).

cbmufc

Am I right in thinking that the removal of the ACS scheme doesn't really benefit supporters who want to apply for aways? The only change is we can forward tickets on to members for cup games (thought we could do that anyway tbh).
Nope. It's actually very shrewd.

We have what, 50k ST's and say for Liverpool Away 10k apps? Essentially then there are a load of (eligible 3+ yr ST's) who aren't even arsed about applying for aways. They drop out, slack taken up by members under the guise of a "cup season ticket" which as Utd Heap alludes to is a waste of time - unless it was a champions league one IMO.

End result is away apps won't change much, home cup games will be easier to get to members ( even more so than now) and probably lower europa attendances. The only slightly interesting aspect of it for me is Wembley Semi's for instance. Who gets priority - a opted out ST or Cup member? Spurs went down to members anyway but if you're telling me that a member who opts in for a ST get's priority (which doesn't appear to be the case) then it becomes an interesting proposition.

Whatsername

Hey guys,as an international supporter of the club,I really want to come to OT in August or September.I am an official member of the club…As soon as the fixtures are released in mid June,should I just immediately apply for tickets for every single match from August-October and just hope that I end up getting a ticket for game?Or is there a better way to go about it?
Unless it’s one of the big games then you should be able to just buy a ticket when they’re released.
It’s worth bearing in mind if you‘re travelling though that initially they’re all given a 3pm Saturday kick off time until TV schedules are decided so you might buy one in June which says it’s being played on a Saturday but it’ll be subject to change and could move by a few days.

JB7

Anyone got a spare for the youth cup final in Stretford End tier 1? Need another

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hang on, is this new season ticket thing basically the equivalent of you can go to about 5 or 6 big games a season, then bin the rest off to the club?!
Similar to the old Viagogo days?

If they'd announced that earlier I'd probably have gone all in and kept mine on :D

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Hang on, is this new season ticket thing basically the equivalent of you can go to about 5 or 6 big games a season, then bin the rest off to the club?!
Similar to the old Viagogo days?

If they'd announced that earlier I'd probably have gone all in and kept mine on :D
No it doesn't

JB7

Few Brighton tickets still available on the website.

Red00012

Feel dirty asking. Looking for FA Cup or CL final tickets. My dads a Liverpool fan.
Your 2 last posts on here are for a parklife ticket whatever the feck that is and Liverpool final tickets . Try another site perhaps.

Andy_Cole

Your 2 last posts on here are for a parklife ticket whatever the feck that is and Liverpool final tickets . Try another site perhaps.
Seasons over pal and I’m a feckin good contact for united tickets. So hoping someone does me a favour for other tickets.

Parma Dewol

Does anybody have a link for the Terms and Conditions for 22/23 Season Tickets?

Our attendance plummeted this season due to the birth of our little one. Fortunately, we've been able to pass tickets along thanks to the Cafe, so our seats have rarely been empty (thank you!).

Next season is likely to be similar for us and I'm wondering if we'll be able to forward tickets as easily? I read somewhere that season ticket holders must personally attend a certain number of games, yet contrary to that other reports seem to suggest United has a new scheme where you can simply return tickets to the club for games you can't attend.

Basically coming up to renewal time and need to be sure of the conditions before making a decision.

Whatsername

Our attendance plummeted this season due to the birth of our little one. Fortunately, we've been able to pass tickets along thanks to the Cafe, so our seats have rarely been empty (thank you!).

Next season is likely to be similar for us and I'm wondering if we'll be able to forward tickets as easily? I read somewhere that season ticket holders must personally attend a certain number of games, yet contrary to that other reports seem to suggest United has a new scheme where you can simply return tickets to the club for games you can't attend.

Basically coming up to renewal time and need to be sure of the conditions before making a decision.
Congratulations on the new baby!
I haven’t seen any new T&Cs but it was said when it was first announced that forwarding your ticket to a member would count towards the required attendance.
Details seem a bit sketchy as of yet about the new scheme to sell your seat back to the club.

Ober tan

https://assets.manutd.com/AssetPick...Season_Tickets_2022-23_FINAL1651754799366.pdf

found here - https://www.manutd.com/en/help/terms-and-conditions-of-sale

Quattro

I haven’t seen any new T&Cs but it was said when it was first announced that forwarding your ticket to a member would count towards the required attendance.
Details seem a bit sketchy as of yet about the new scheme to sell your seat back to the club.
I haven’t delved into the T+Cs, but the strap like in the media they put out is basic and doesn’t set out how the ‘buy back’ of individual season ticket games will be handled.

As pointed out on here, if it’s a case that you can purchase a Season Ticket and take in the top 6 games, selling the rest back at no financial detriment, it’s a good option.
Subject to you having the cash to outlay initially.

United know they sell out League games, even the ones re arranged at short notice, and moved to a Monday or Thursday night.

However, being devil’s advocate, if there are 50k season ticket holders who look to hand back tickets for Bournmouth on a Tuesday night, they will be in a pickle.

TenOuttaTenHag

Anyone know about the Season Ticket renewals portal on tickets.manutd showing renewals are temporarily unavailable, until 12pm on Thu 5th May? A glitch by the looks of it.

Parma Dewol

Anyone know about the Season Ticket renewals portal on tickets.manutd showing renewals are temporarily unavailable, until 12pm on Thu 5th May? A glitch by the looks of it.
Thank you both. :)

Robin

With over 63,000 tickets now sold for Wednesday night United have opened up the NW quad, also some exec seats in the South stand, not bad to be able to sit and watch in comfort for £1 , hopefully the lounges will be open for added comfort

TenOuttaTenHag

Answering my own question here, but it was to do with my cookies or similar. Reset and all is open.