All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

TheRedDevil2019

Applications aren't working atm for me. Saying to apply on the ballot tab but only West Ham Fa Cup is showing.

JonSlu

The thing is there has to be some incentive to buy a cup season ticket... if you buy one and your chances of going to a final should the team get there are tiny... why would you bother? I genuinely think the club have done the right thing. Other season ticket holders might have attended more matches but we all know that midweek cup games are not very popular so cup season ticket holders deserve a lot of credit for attending all of these.

I'll be honest, chatting with my mates at the start of the season... most of us weren't very enthused about all the cup matches but decided to opt in just because of this exact scenario. If we get to Wembley, then we want to be there.

Also, appreciate what you are saying. But even if they gave fans who had attended all Carabao cup games next highest priority, they'd almost certainly get a ticket.
You're spot on, mate. I've seen people moaning that they've been a season ticket for however many years and they're not going to be able to get a ticket for Wembley. The fact is they should know the score by now and they've no excuse. Opt out of a cup; no aways and much smaller chance of a ticket for a cup final. They should know that by now, it's been like that for as long as I can remember. The people who go to the Rochdales and Narnia at home should be rewarded. I don't like that you can buy a membership and a week later you've got a City or Barca but the people going to the smaller games don't. Some of these midweek cup games, you can't give the tickets away so fair play to them.

I am interested to know what will happen next season if we're back in the Champions League. Surely a large number of these 7,000 who opted out of all competitions will opt in for it and there'll be expectations of another cup final but I can't see thousands of new season tickets being available for next season so what's going to happen to the current crop of cup season ticket holders?

hp88

I have also emailed the club as I want to understand how the Burnley game affects ‘purchasing all games’ as the area I sit in was closed and an email was sent to say the game was sold out
We got someone in the group who's payment for Burnley failed so it's 50/50 on adding him into the group ballot.

I asked him if he had settled the missed payment but he's like why the feck should I pay for a ticket when the club have already issued everyone a refund due to the stand closer :lol:

JonSlu

We got someone in the group who's payment for Burnley failed so it's 50/50 on adding him into the group ballot.

I asked him if he had settled the missed payment but he's like why the feck should I pay for a ticket when the club have already issued everyone a refund due to the stand closer :lol:
Are you able to add him to your application? I'm only seeing people in my network who are eligible and haven't already applied. Same with Liverpool away.

OllyJ21

Haha definitely not worth the risk! I wouldn’t want to be that lad if my mates all missed the final because of me

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
No priority order of ticket choices for the final then like before? Just apply for the ticket youre comfortable with then hope you get it? If so then that reduces everyones chances somewhat surely? Or do you apply for the max you're willing to pay? Or apply for each cat you'd pay for?

Last edited:

Bosws87

No priority order of ticket choices for the final then like before? Just apply for the ticket youre comfortable with then hope you get it? If so then that reduces everyones chances somewhat surely? Or do you apply for the max you're willing to pay?
You should be pretty much guaranteed a ticket just not the section if you’re in the current people who it’s open for.

I went for the safe standing/atmosphere at £72 :houllier: gotta love being fleeced even before the £100 Piccadilly to Euston return is purchased and that’s hoping they won’t be on strike

JB7

No priority order of ticket choices for the final then like before? Just apply for the ticket youre comfortable with then hope you get it? If so then that reduces everyones chances somewhat surely? Or do you apply for the max you're willing to pay?
Nope, email they sent out last night basically said we'll get what we're given.

" Your preferred price category will not impact your success rate; if you are successful and there are no tickets remaining at your preferred price category you will be allocated seating in another area as opposed to being unsuccessful. "

Ober tan

You should be pretty much guaranteed a ticket just not the section if you’re in the current people who it’s open for.

I went for the safe standing/atmosphere at £72 :houllier: gotta love being fleeced even before the £100 Piccadilly to Euston return is purchased and that’s hoping they won’t be on strike
Went for the standing area too, the front few rows of tier 1 are £40 by the looks of it. Booked my train ticket on the drive back from Nottingham 60 quid open return.

JB7

Went for the standing area too, the front few rows of tier 1 are £40 by the looks of it. Booked my train ticket on the drive back from Nottingham 60 quid open return.
Ballsy move, I'm waiting for them to announce strike action that weekend. Not booking trains until we're past the 14 day mark. :lol:

hp88

Any ideas on where the "Atmosphere Block" will be ? Make sense to have it behind the goal.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Nope, email they sent out last night basically said we'll get what we're given.

" Your preferred price category will not impact your success rate; if you are successful and there are no tickets remaining at your preferred price category you will be allocated seating in another area as opposed to being unsuccessful. "
Are you just applying for the max you'd pay then? Or applying for every cat? I should probably read the email again :lol:

JB7

Are you just applying for the max you'd pay then? Or applying for every cat? I should probably read the email again :lol:
I presumed it was just applying for your preferred section, that's what I did at least.

Cpl Hicks

Lads Im probably gonna be on the lookout for two for West Ham. Bringing my football mad daughter for the first time, I have two memberships so wondering will I be successful applying for them?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Lads Im probably gonna be on the lookout for two for West Ham. Bringing my football mad daughter for the first time, I have two memberships so wondering will I be successful applying for them?
For the FA Cup? If so I might have a pair. Edit, I do have a pair available

Last edited:

Whatsername

Ballsy move, I'm waiting for them to announce strike action that weekend. Not booking trains until we're past the 14 day mark. :lol:
Yeah, I’m fully expecting a train strike to be announced for that weekend.
Looked up parking at Wembley in case, there wasn‘t a listing for this game when I looked earlier but for concerts at the stadium it’s £40. Looked at an off-site car park and that was £35 when there’s an event at the stadium.

Starting to remember now why I dislike Wembley.

hp88

Yeah, I’m fully expecting a train strike to be announced for that weekend.
Looked up parking at Wembley in case, there wasn‘t a listing for this game when I looked earlier but for concerts at the stadium it’s £40. Looked at an off-site car park and that was £35 when there’s an event at the stadium.

Starting to remember now why I dislike Wembley.
Park at the Civic Centre (next door to the Starbucks), last time I went for the Spurs game it was under £10.

AndyMUFC

Wonder when we'll start hearing about coach travel etc for Wembley. I know the club has put on free coach travel for these finals before, would appreciate it again :lol:

RonaldoVII

Wonder when we'll start hearing about coach travel etc for Wembley. I know the club has put on free coach travel for these finals before, would appreciate it again :lol:
Has been £35 the last few to Wembley I did. The free one must’ve been due to a train strike?

TheRedDevil2019

I'm a full ST holder and attended all but one of the domestic cup games (which i donated) and can't even apply.

What a joke of a club.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
I'm a full ST holder and attended all but one of the domestic cup games (which i donated) and can't even apply.

What a joke of a club.
Did they never communicate that donating would affect your eligibility for final applications?

If so, that is a pisstake. Especially as did you a good thing by donating your ticket to charity.

JB7

What a joke of a club.
Get on the phone to the ticket office then, I didn't think donating the ticket affected eligibility. All the wording has been about season ticket holders who have "purchased a ticket" for every game which by the sounds of it, you have unless I've misunderstood you?

TheRedDevil2019

I can only think I'm being penalised for not opting in to the europa league (Funnily enough I thought I had).

Even so, it seems harsh penalising fans for the domestic cup final tickets when I've attended so many of the domestic cups ties.

I'd understand if I lost out on europa league final tickets, I'm already being punished missing out On Barca :(.

JB7

I can only think I'm being penalised for not opting in to the europa league (Funnily enough I thought I had).

Even so, it seems harsh penalising the domestic cup final tickets when I've attended so many of the domestic cups ties.

I'd understand if I lost out on europa league final tickets, I'm already being punished missing out On Barca :(.
So you haven't bought all the cup games then. 27k+ have, which is why they're ahead of you in the pecking order.