All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Fried Chicken FC

Just to confirm. The Chelsea ballot was not based on loyalty as the short lived "loyalty scheme" has been scrapped.

Confirmation of this was on the fans forum meeting minutes from March.

Our ticket office and MUST are a joke. Got 4 out of 4 ballots before the Chelsea game (rejected in ballot) for the first time in my life, as I attend pretty much every game every season.

That obviously won't be happening now and I look forward to the rejection emails after every ballot next season.

I'm sure the people moaning about them being based on loyalty on redcafe will be happy, although they still won't get a ticket in the ballots anyway, which, I admit I find amusing :drool:

Why not reserve a certain amount for the most loyal members and put the rest of the tickets into a random ballot?

Even Liverpool, whose stadium capacity is much lower and therefore have a higher demand for tickets, reward the most loyal members, by giving those that attend 13 or more games, priority for all games (including the big ones) before they go on sale to the rest of the regular members.

Can't be bothered with United anymore. Pay £8 more than season ticket holders per game, go to every game (including the ones that people can't be bothered to turn up for), buy a cup season ticket and still get no priority over someone that's got a membership to get a ticket for City or Barcelona.

If the people that moan really wanted to attend the smaller games it is not really that hard at all (unlike the rumours that you hear). Multiple games this season have been on sale from a timescale of a few hours to even a few days. Premier league games, Europa knockout rounds and some FA and Carabao cup games.

Yes, you may only be able to get single tickets but if you really want to go, you can.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jippy

Micheal

Just to confirm. The Chelsea ballot was not based on loyalty as the short lived "loyalty scheme" has been scrapped.

Our ticket office and MUST are a joke. Got 4 out of 4 ballots before the Chelsea game (rejected in ballot) for the first time in my life, as I attend pretty much every game every season.

That obviously won't be happening now and I look forward to the rejection emails after every ballot next season.

I'm sure the people moaning about them being based on loyalty on redcafe will be happy, although they still won't get a ticket in the ballots anyway, which, I admit I find amusing :drool:

Why not reserve a certain amount for the most loyal members and put the rest of the tickets into a random ballot?

Even Liverpool, whose stadium capacity is much lower and therefore have a higher demand for tickets, reward the most loyal members, by giving those that attend 13 or more games, priority for all games (including the big ones) before they go on sale to the rest of the regular members.

Can't be bothered with United anymore. Pay £8 more than season ticket holders per game, go to every game (including the ones that people can't be bothered to turn up for), buy a cup season ticket and still get no priority over someone that's got a membership to get a ticket for City or Barcelona.

If the people that moan really wanted to attend the smaller games it is not really that hard at all (unlike the rumours that you hear). Multiple games this season have been on sale from a timescale of a few hours to even a few days. Premier league games, Europa knockout rounds and some FA and Carabao cup games.

Yes, you may only be able to get single tickets but if you really want to go, you can.
I have 4 together in N3406 available if you're interested.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson

Agree with you here and understand your pain but United were never going to be loyal to members as their number are far dwarfed by existing members who go the odd game and the potential of new members. They have probably realised if they make it a closed shop for ballots they won't keep increasing the number year in, year out, as well as retention.

Like most things in football now, it's money that talks.

Fried Chicken FC

I have 4 together in N3406 available if you're interested.
Thank you for the offer but I was able to get one a couple of weeks back as they released some on the website a few days after the ballot.

The post above was not meant as a way to ask for tickets, I've never asked anyone on here.

I always get them direct from United.

I just wanted to highlight the way in which the ticket office is run, which I don't agree with.

Again, thanks for the offer though.

cbmufc

Don't disagree but you've had a massive slice of luck if you go "pretty much every game every season" as a member. Member 15+ years, no idea how many games I've done but having applied for pretty much every ballot in that time period and I've literally got about 4 tickets in the ballot. Not once had a derby, Liverpool twice. Maybe an Arsenal cup game 10 years ago and I think a Chelsea.

I manage to get sorted elsewhere usually but the club treat members with pure contempt, always have and always will. That said the euro credits is a big perk and why I pay it every year. And to be honest, I'm skeptical this "Loyalty" ballot even happened for the earlier games, was there ever anything posted ie x number of games needed for Liverpool etc

And I don't see it getting any better moving forward

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Just a question, if you attend pretty much every game then why wouldn't you get a season ticket?

Fried Chicken FC

Just a question, if you attend pretty much every game then why wouldn't you get a season ticket?
I tried in 21/22 no luck.

Tried again for this season, no luck.

Tried again for next season, no luck.

They've still got my £100 deposit though and I've got a cup season ticket.

pitpit

No clue whether I have a "like" or not, but it's saying I get 3 posts per day, so trying my luck. Need two together for me and the wife for Fulham. Both supporters with IDs coming from the states (her first time at OT!).

Fried Chicken FC

Don't disagree but you've had a massive slice of luck if you go "pretty much every game every season" as a member. Member 15+ years, no idea how many games I've done but having applied for pretty much every ballot in that time period and I've literally got about 4 tickets in the ballot. Not once had a derby, Liverpool twice. Maybe an Arsenal cup game 10 years ago and I think a Chelsea.

I manage to get sorted elsewhere usually but the club treat members with pure contempt, always have and always will. That said the euro credits is a big perk and why I pay it every year. And to be honest, I'm skeptical this "Loyalty" ballot even happened for the earlier games, was there ever anything posted ie x number of games needed for Liverpool etc

And I don't see it getting any better moving forward
Like I said outside of the big games, tickets are easy to get.

The big games...before this season I have never got one in the ballot. Therefore I think you've had more luck than me. I always manage to grab a return when they put them up on the website though.

It is very tedious trying to grab a return though. I have to check the website a million times in order to ensure I am able to get a return.

Not missed a game this season, didn't miss one the season before covid and the season before that, only missed the first couple last season as I didn't want to gather in a large crowd when covid was still lingering.

The "loyalty" thing definitely happened as I would not have got 4 in a row this season before the Chelsea game. The scheme was scrapped before the Chelsea game.

I've never got a ticket in the ballot before this season, so it definitely happened.

Anyway, they could easily implement a system like Liverpool have.

Make a cut off point, and anyone that has attended that amount of games or more, allow them to buy tickets before general members.

Or, if lets say there are 12,000 tickets on sale to members (don't know the exact amount) take 25% of that amount out for the big games and assign them to the most loyal members and put the remaining 75% out for the general ballot.

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I tried in 21/22 no luck.

Tried again for this season, no luck.

Tried again for next season, no luck.

They've still got my £100 deposit though and I've got a cup season ticket.
Fair enough - I got the impression you had been going for a while and not just couple of years

I think there should be priority for cup ST holders over standard members, unnecessarily complicated to start prioritising certain members over others though

Fried Chicken FC

Fair enough - I got the impression you had been going for a while and not just couple of years

I think there should be priority for cup ST holders over standard members, unnecessarily complicated to start prioritising certain members over others though
I've been going longer than that, but as a member.

They definitely did implement a loyalty system this season for Liverpool, Arsenal, Leeds and City.

I got all 4 games in the ballots having never previously got 1 in the ballots in all the seasons I've been going.

I think they realised that membership sales would dwindle if they kept this up however and that is why they put an end to it.

Sam Kelleher is the one that proposed that it ended. Info is on the March 2023 fans forum meeting minutes a few pages down.

If they don't want to assign every balloted ticket based on loyalty however, as that makes it a closed shop, they could take 25% of whatever amount they have to sell to members, assign them to those that have attended the most games and then the rest go into the random ballot.

That method would work best but I don't think it will be happening any time soon.

Anyway, lets see what happens next season.

Last edited:

WFRed

No clue whether I have a "like" or not, but it's saying I get 3 posts per day, so trying my luck. Need two together for me and the wife for Fulham. Both supporters with IDs coming from the states (her first time at OT!).
When you say IDs, do you mean you're members?

If so, I picked a pair up in E237 today on the website. Just keep checking every now and again as they do pop up.

pitpit

When you say IDs, do you mean you're members?

If so, I picked a pair up in E237 today on the website. Just keep checking every now and again as they do pop up.
Yeah sorry, yes we're both members. I've been refreshing the site every couple of hours or so. I've had luck finding 1 ticket, but not 2. Good to know there's hope for a pair though! Trying to avoid paying StubHub or Hospitality prices.

Yik

I've got 1 spare for Thursday against Chelsea. Stretford end tier 1 (near the middle. PM me for details! FV of course, will need to have United memberships in order for me to forward on.

ell

2 tickets available for Chelsea. N1406 in SAF stand - face value and must be members - please DM me if interested! thanks.

HarryS

Got a single for Chelsea N2404 fv £58.
I'm a member so can forward or provide screenshot if you're not a member.

Ober tan

Wembley tickets on the site now for anyone unsuccessful in the other ballots.

RedDevilLucio

Get ready for subsequent to the subsequent tickets we already overcharged you over £200 for, we have received another allocation and you can overpay over £500 for them

gfactor86

Long shot, but still in the market for a single or pair for anyone who can't go to the final. Have memberships so can be forwarded.

TheRedDevil2019

Long shot, but still in the market for a single or pair for anyone who can't go to the final. Have memberships so can be forwarded.
Final tix cannot be forwarded/used by members, I tried to buy a ticket for my sister(member) earlier and it was denied.

gfactor86

Final tix cannot be forwarded/used by members, I tried to buy a ticket for my sister(member) earlier and it was denied.
thats annoying. looking on Twitter to see if i can get one. It's a minefield, reckon 90% liklihood of getting scammed.

nutmegrush

If anyone has 2x Fulham and can’t make it please give me a shout. My sons birthday plans are cancelled so im trying to salvage the day.

SweDevil

Hi,

I have 1 or 2 tickets to the Chelsea game, I won't be able to attend unfortunatly. Contact me if your interested!

TheRedDevil2019

thats annoying. looking on Twitter to see if i can get one. It's a minefield, reckon 90% liklihood of getting scammed.
Thing which will also inflate the cost is how the final is historic for being the first manc derby and is vital in city winning a treble.

We win, we've denied them the treble and it's the first manchester derby final (which is historic in itself) lose and we'll never hear the end of it if they go to win the treble.

It really is a massive occasion.