All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Phoned the ticket office to clarify if the match tickets for official members are going to be going on sale next Thursday, when the fixtures are announced?

The guy that I spoke stated nothing has been confirmed and nobody knows when they will be on sale. Could be that Thursday, could even be someday the following week or fortnight.

You’d have hoped that they’d have at least a date confirmed by now, especially when next season’s fixtures get released next week. Just seem so unorganised like the 1st team itself.
I thought they'd emailed out giving the exact date recently!

Seems the usual shambles then.

RedDevilRoshi

I thought they'd emailed out giving the exact date recently!

Seems the usual shambles then.
Not sure as the communication from them has been a bare minimum. It’s completely unorganised. It’s to the part I get more info on here than I do on the official website.

OllyJ21

From memory last FA cup finals only went to season tickets holders who opted in. Didn't even get down to those who opted out. Can't remember last League cup final.

I envisage they aren't worried about saying how priority will be decided as they'll assume all will be allocated to opt in season tickets.
For arguments sake we get to Europa League final, we get an allocation of 30k. 25k is taken by season ticket holders who have opted in. Who then gets next priority, season ticket holders who have opted out or cup season ticket holders?

Ah1991

It’s not that bad honestly. Got tickets in the Stretford End to 7 games last season after queueing for about half an hour.
Was that in the top tier though? I'm hoping to get myself and three friends tickets in the lower tier of any stand next Thursday for the opening home game, will not get all 4 together IMO but hoping I can sneak a 2 and 2 in different stands and split us up.

Reactions: Sultan

Tavern in the town

Was that in the top tier though? I'm hoping to get myself and three friends tickets in the lower tier of any stand next Thursday for the opening home game, will not get all 4 together IMO but hoping I can sneak a 2 and 2 in different stands and split us up.
One game in the lower tier but the atmosphere’s better in the top tier anyway.

Merk78

I bought membership for me and my young daughter last season. £40 came out the account on the 2nd, is that both memberships renewed?

Can't remember what I paid last year
Did you find out? I had a lite membership for myself and pack for my son last season. £25 came out on the 2nd but when I log on it says mine is renewed and his has expired.

always_hoping

Haven't attended a match since February 2020 (pre covid) have plans to return to games next season what is the position on covid certs will they be required to attend?

Tavern in the town

You need to get in TRA and claim the upper tier is better.

It definitely isn’t, IMO
TRA has gone massively downhill imo. Getting a load of extra seats has done it harm, there are clearly plenty of people who’ve bought the tickets second hand in there.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Did you find out? I had a lite membership for myself and pack for my son last season. £25 came out on the 2nd but when I log on it says mine is renewed and his has expired.
Yes, after finally managing to get into my account they were both there. Looking at it now it seems you can click on the name and do either renew, or manage auto renew on the memberships tab.

Mufc8282

Had anyone tried getting a seat move?

I'm thinking about phoning today and asking for one but not sure if it's gonna be worth it

Merk78

Yes, after finally managing to get into my account they were both there. Looking at it now it seems you can click on the name and do either renew, or manage auto renew on the memberships tab.
They have renewed mine and not my sons, but charged me more than the price of a new membership ‍♂

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ah that's the one. I think i'd read it as being more instantly available upon the fixture reveal.
Re-reading that, and it could merely be taken as "after", as in days, weeks etc.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Only ever had a season ticket and bought memberships last season well after the 1st batch of sales.

How does it work for the non balloted games when they go on sale, you just log on, wait in a queue and then pick as many games as you wish if not sold out? Is it chaos? Will it literally be fixtures released on Thursday and then you are hitting refresh all day?

Tavern in the town

Only ever had a season ticket and bought memberships last season well after the 1st batch of sales.

How does it work for the non balloted games when they go on sale, you just log on, wait in a queue and then pick as many games as you wish if not sold out? Is it chaos? Will it literally be fixtures released on Thursday and then you are hitting refresh all day?
There’ll be a day months before the season starts (people have said 16th June but I can’t find a source) where all tickets will be released minus balloted games. You get on and queue, if you get on early enough you should be able to get plenty of tickets. If you get on late it’s absolute carnage.

Beyond that there are releases for tickets weeks before each game, but there’s no ticket alert system so you pretty much have to keep checking the website every day and hope you’re on when they release tickets.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Has it been confirmed that the first release will be 16th June? I’ve googled and I can’t find it anywhere.
The guy a few posts up attached what United said on their email.

The problem is "tickets will go on sale once fixtures are announced on Thursday 16th June" could mean instantly, or weeks and weeks after.

Tavern in the town

The guy a few posts up attached what United said on their email.

The problem is "tickets will go on sale once fixtures are announced on Thursday 16th June" could mean instantly, or weeks and weeks after.
I seem to remember last season tickets didn’t come out on release day, and a week or so before tickets went on the the exact date was on tickets.manutd.com on the home tickets section. If you check the home tickets section right now it simply says “no events found” so it’d be a bit weird if it’s Thursday.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I seem to remember last season tickets didn’t come out on release day, and a week or so before tickets went on the the exact date was on tickets.manutd.com on the home tickets section. If you check the home tickets section right now it simply says “no events found” so it’d be a bit weird if it’s Thursday.
They've made more "promises" due to a fans forum apparently.
One is that ticket releases will be 8 weeks before a game.

That won't happen for the first game, as this weekend is already 8 weeks before the first fixture.

We will see though, whether anything has changed from the pure randomness of last year.

Even using an internet site that reports on changes to a display on a certain internet page gave me mixed success last year.

Tavern in the town

They've made more "promises" due to a fans forum apparently.
One is that ticket releases will be 8 weeks before a game.

That won't happen for the first game, as this weekend is already 8 weeks before the first fixture.

We will see though, whether anything has changed from the pure randomness of last year.

Even using an internet site that reports on changes to a display on a certain internet page gave me mixed success last year.
Worse bit for me is the fact that there’s literally no ticket alert system. Would be nice if they sent us a text saying tickets for x game are now on sale.

ZupZup

For arguments sake we get to Europa League final, we get an allocation of 30k. 25k is taken by season ticket holders who have opted in. Who then gets next priority, season ticket holders who have opted out or cup season ticket holders?
European aways including the final are all based on credits. You don’t even need to be a season ticket holder to apply for a Euro away, just a member.

If you really wanted to go to a Europa League final, your best bet is to try and attend at least one European away game this season so you can get some credits… and it would likely have to be an unpopular Euro away game if we get one, as otherwise you wouldn’t even get a ticket unless you have credits.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Worse bit for me is the fact that there’s literally no ticket alert system. Would be nice if they sent us a text saying tickets for x game are now on sale.
You'd be no better off though, as 373,000 people would all storm onto the site at the exact same time.

OllyJ21

European aways including the final are all based on credits. You don’t even need to be a season ticket holder to apply for a Euro away, just a member.

If you really wanted to go to a Europa League final, your best bet is to try and attend at least one European away game this season so you can get some credits… and it would likely have to be an unpopular Euro away game if we get one, as otherwise you wouldn’t even get a ticket unless you have credits.
Thank you. I am a season ticket holder with European credits so know I will be fine. My friend is only a member but has European credits. We were under the impression that a STH with no credits gets priority over members with European credits for a European final but you seem to say not? That is why we wondered where in the pecking order Cup STH would come into it for a European final

ZupZup

Thank you. I am a season ticket holder with European credits so know I will be fine. My friend is only a member but has European credits. We were under the impression that a STH with no credits gets priority over members with European credits for a European final but you seem to say not? That is why we wondered where in the pecking order Cup STH would come into it for a European final
Yeah, European away credits will be given priority.

Elliot

Tickets aren't going on sale tomorrow, are they?
They could go up at any point after the fixtures are released, its massively unlikely that that announce when they will go up. I recall last season it was the 9th August because of COVID, it was an absolute rat race, think you've secured yourself a ticket aaaaand its gone. Still managed to to get tickets to 15 games last season just as a member as I have the "luxury" of working in an office so I could just refresh the page very 15 minutes each day... Its not a healthy way to live. Thankfully managed to pick up an ST again for next season, first time since 2012/13.

UpWithRivers

So Im sorry for a newbie question. How do I get tickets? Do I have to do that membership lite thing and then buy online or ring the ticket office? Do you just ask for any seat or any mid tier seat and hope for the best? Whats the odds of getting one? Almost none?

Evans999

Apparently, its Brighton at home first followed by Brentford Away

Fulham away last game before world cup
Fulham home last day of the season.