All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I've seen people park for free in the road opposite the Premier Inn! I applaud their genius with that, but they must have to get there super early.

Can you just park at one of the metros?
Or even Old Trafford cricket ground if you don't want to battle the hordes on a tram?
Hadn’t thought about the metro. Cheers.

GioF

If anyone ever has 2,3 or 4 tickets together for any home game and can’t make it for whatever please reason give me a message. Thank you.

Ober tan

Where's the best place to find parking for a Thursday night game? Will need to get home after it as there won't be any trains, so that's not an option this time. The last time we ever drove into Manchester my dad and I sneakily parked near the swimming pool and somehow didn't get ticketed, and that was for Dennis Irwin's testimonial FFS.
I used to park at Ladywell on the metro line, good sized car park and easy to get to. Would get on&off the tram at Exchange Quay which is like a 10 min walk to the ground. Isn’t too busy after the game either as it’s the opposite side to those going into town.

Reactions: Mr Pigeon

paul198520

On the subject of membership, United are on FB and Insta today plugging the membership, with the main SP being that fact you can apply for United home tickets.

Breaking that down.

The releases for most games have taken place.
The other games are ballots.
The ballots are weighted on last seasons ticket purchases.
If you’re new in, you don’t really stand a chance of getting a ticket in the ballot.

Main value of a membership now, as far as I can see, is the fact you can have ST Transferred to you by holders not using them.

I won a ballot for the Arsenal game and I only went twice last season

Reactions: Rood

paul198520

did you apply for a single?

again, not your fault and thanks for sharing but this is a complete joke

Yes I applied for a single, but I've already got a ticket sorted as I didn't think I had a chance in the ballot. So I have 1 I need to sell or is it possible to return back to the club?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Yes I applied for a single, but I've already got a ticket sorted as I didn't think I had a chance in the ballot. So I have 1 I need to sell or is it possible to return back to the club?
You can sell it me! PMd...

cbmufc

About to say someone on here will have it. Incidentally, can members forward to other members?

Robin

About to say someone on here will have it. Incidentally, can members forward to other members?
I don’t think they can, you couldn’t last season anyway. United‘s thinking would be if you are a member and applying for a home ticket it would be your intention to go. However, you can always just send them the email with the QR code, but make sure it’s someone you trust because if they do something silly it’s you that will cop for it.

daveoliver91

Where's the best place to find parking for a Thursday night game? Will need to get home after it as there won't be any trains, so that's not an option this time. The last time we ever drove into Manchester my dad and I sneakily parked near the swimming pool and somehow didn't get ticketed, and that was for Dennis Irwin's testimonial FFS.
I am usually parking at the Parrs Wood Entertainent Center. There is a big cinema there and the parking is for free. Then you take a tram from East Didsbury to Trafford Bar. By doing this you avoid some queues when leaving with the car. The only downside is after the game, when you have to take the tram to go back to the cinema.

FiiiiveTenHaaags

Just a daily reminder I have a spare Stretford End ticket for the Rayo game, really good seats, my brother can’t make it.

Free to anyone who wants it - let’s just grab a cheeky pint before the match to break the ice a bit.

KeanosMagic

Anyone have any info on how to get tickets to the u23's first game of the season vs Arsenal for next Saturday? Can I just show up and pay at the gate?

beatmakers87

Hi everyone, I was just wondering - I have applied for years on end in all Ballots and never once had a successful application. The thing im not understanding is, for these most recent rejections such as the Arsenal game, it says they based it on the amount of games I went to last season? I dont get how that makes sense as I went to over 12 home games last season including all the CL ones? I am a normal member and have been for as long as I can remember but I dont get why they are saying this when it cant be right surely?

Anyone have any ideas on how to possibly get a succesful application in future as I really feel let down on never being accepted after going to so many of the smaller games..

TenOuttaTenHag

Hi everyone, I was just wondering - I have applied for years on end in all Ballots and never once had a successful application. The thing im not understanding is, for these most recent rejections such as the Arsenal game, it says they based it on the amount of games I went to last season? I dont get how that makes sense as I went to over 12 home games last season including all the CL ones? I am a normal member and have been for as long as I can remember but I dont get why they are saying this when it cant be right surely?

Anyone have any ideas on how to possibly get a succesful application in future as I really feel let down on never being accepted after going to so many of the smaller games..
It’s not very transparent.

If you are being honest. And Paul 198520 (post 3924 above) is being honest (I have no reason to doubt you, nor calling you liars)….

Then it shows the system is knackered.
The Clubs excuse for folk getting tickets based on last seasons attendance is false.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Do we suspect ballots have much higher chances if applying as a single ticket instead of 2?

DanielofLeyland

A few singles have been appearing for the Brighton game today. You may need to refresh a few times for them to appear. Prices ranging between 40 - 58 pounds.

I'm looking for two together and keeping getting excited when the bar drops from 175 to a lower price. Unfortunately I'm fighting a losing battle I think!

Andy_Cole

A few singles have been appearing for the Brighton game today. You may need to refresh a few times for them to appear. Prices ranging between 40 - 58 pounds.

I'm looking for two together and keeping getting excited when the bar drops from 175 to a lower price. Unfortunately I'm fighting a losing battle I think!
Are you a member? I have 2 going for FV if you’re interested. South Stand.

Gavinb33

Normally I park in and around Navigation Road tram stop in Altrincham and tram in and out of OT

Wedowhatwewant

Hi!
We are looking for spare tickets for the West Ham match on 30 october. 1 adult and 1 kid (8 years). We will be in Manchester for the weekend (from Holland). Is there any other way to buy tickets (site?)? Or only with united membership (1 ticket only)?

Haji1983

Hi guys,

Looking for any home tickets, 2 sat together for myself and my 10 year old. We've never been and desperate to experience it! Happy to pay face value

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
One short for Brighton at the weekend if anyone has a late spare. Family friend of mine who is Salford based so last minute will be ok (member).

HucknallRed

TRA ballot completed for Arsenal game so club should do ticket drop in the coming days.

Ober tan

Successful, good start. How are people getting down? Half 12 kick off is a piss take.

Ober tan

Got Southampton. Was a mission last year, not going to be easy this year
How you planning on getting down? There's a train from Piccadilly that gets you there for 11:42 but feel like that might be cutting it fine, especially with all the strikes now.

Cpt Negative

How you planning on getting down? There's a train from Piccadilly that gets you there for 11:42 but feel like that might be cutting it fine, especially with all the strikes now.
There’s one leaving at 0511 that gets in about 10am.

Buzzbee

A good parking option these days is Sale Water Park metrolink station, big carpark, right off the motorway, and the tram goes direct to trafford bar station.

First game I'm going to is Arsenal, won a ballot! I'm on the waiting list for a season ticket, so hopefully next year I can get one. I've got a few games this year, but if there's a ticket going spare for Brighton or Liverpool... (lol & LOL)