All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Oystaboi

We parked at the Trafford Centre on Sunday and got on the first tram back that we went for, not leaving our seats till the FT whistle, and were out and on the motorway heading north with minimum fuss.
Did you park at the Trafford Centre or is there "matchday parking" nearby.

I used to park in front of the nursery opposite the police station, but they closed that over covid. Been parking in the official car parks since and its a pain to get away from

Merk78

Did you park at the Trafford Centre or is there "matchday parking" nearby.

I used to park in front of the nursery opposite the police station, but they closed that over covid. Been parking in the official car parks since and its a pain to get away from
Parked at the Trafford Centre 2 mins from the station platform

K Stand Knut

Are they still making it mandatory to collect away tickets at the ground with photo ID on the day of the match? I really don't see how that benefits any fan over simply posting it to their address a week or two beforehand. This club man.
Only if you pick up a late ticket.

Mine was posted out a few weeks ago.

European aways are still collection in the relevant city

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I have a spare ticket available in the safe standing section for the Real Sociedad game on Thursday. Face value.

On the other hand, if I knew how to “sell it back to the club” I would. Have I left it too late to do that?

hp88

I have a spare ticket available in the safe standing section for the Real Sociedad game on Thursday. Face value.

On the other hand, if I knew how to “sell it back to the club” I would. Have I left it too late to do that?
Had a look at donating mine, got an error code stating it wasn't possible right now.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

I think this only works for matches that are sold out and even then the club needs to resell your ticket before you get the money

Although I havent seen this explicitly explained anywhere so could be wrong

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Are they still making it mandatory to collect away tickets at the ground with photo ID on the day of the match? I really don't see how that benefits any fan over simply posting it to their address a week or two beforehand. This club man.
It's to stop touting and does actually make a difference

ell

2 available for tomorrow night. 1 x 65+ ticket (£15) and 1 x adult (£38). let me know if you want them! thanks

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Anyone know if you donate tickets to the MU Foundation if it counts against you for applying for aways/cup finals etc?

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
It's to stop touting and does actually make a difference
It's mad the same old people on twitter flogging tickets for 300 quid for a domestic away game and not a thing is done about it. Wouldn't take United long to find out who is supplying the touts with tickets every game

JB7

It's not looking good for me then, the Patreon guy has now set up away returns notifications. Although it's £7 a month
Charging to let people know tickets are available? What a twat.

hp88

It's not looking good for me then, the Patreon guy has now set up away returns notifications. Although it's £7 a month
How do you actually know when they’re available though? I know we used to get reminders to apply for games etc but I have been contacted about returns.

JB7

How do you actually know when they’re available though? I know we used to get reminders to apply for games etc but I have been contacted about returns.
The tickets just go up online. These guys presumably have software that alerts them to any change in the webpage and they then send the notification out that tickets are online, it's probably all automated.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Chubbed for City. Been chubbed now for my last eight away match applications and didn't get a home ticket for Fulham either at the end of the 2020/21 season. Nine chubbings on the trot.

Bosws87

The tickets just go up online. These guys presumably have software that alerts them to any change in the webpage and they then send the notification out that tickets are online, it's probably all automated.
Its all automated will be live updated via a slack/discord loads of experience with it from sneaker reselling days, if its any good. if its directly through patreon and theres no live moblie notifications its a waste of time.

By the looks of it there doing it a terrible way, maybe i can get in contact with some old people and get something better.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
It's mad the same old people on twitter flogging tickets for 300 quid for a domestic away game and not a thing is done about it. Wouldn't take United long to find out who is supplying the touts with tickets every game
The people paying these ridiculous prices are big part of the problem - why on earth anyone would pay £300 for the likes of Palace away I have no idea

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The people paying these ridiculous prices are big part of the problem - why on earth anyone would pay £300 for the likes of Palace away I have no idea
Recruitment consultant cockney reds who go three times a year. And the usual tourists in London for the weekend 'who just have to catch a Man Utd game'.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I think this only works for matches that are sold out and even then the club needs to resell your ticket before you get the money

Although I havent seen this explicitly explained anywhere so could be wrong
Ah I see, thanks for the info.

Maverick_19

Recruitment consultant cockney reds who go three times a year. And the usual tourists in London for the weekend 'who just have to catch a Man Utd game'.
I've just moved to the UK ( been here 2 months) I've been a United fan since I was 8 years old (1988) I have seen United live 8 times through the years. Each time involving long travel hotels and really expensive tickets. This is the only option available to the " tourists ". Since I've lived in the UK I have joined as a club member been to a pre season game and I was lucky enough to get a ticket for the Arsenal game through the official website. It was GBP175. I wish I could get a season ticket (I'm on the waiting list) and I would go to as many away games as I could get tickets to. So I would consider spending over the odds to watch us vs Palace away because it's really hard to get tickets to follow UTD. Short of moving to Manchester which I can't do because of work I would appreciate some constructive advice on how to follow Utd away without absolutely breaking the bank.

Many thanks to those who can assist.

Red00012

I've just moved to the UK ( been here 2 months) I've been a United fan since I was 8 years old (1988) I have seen United live 8 times through the years. Each time involving long travel hotels and really expensive tickets. This is the only option available to the " tourists ". Since I've lived in the UK I have joined as a club member been to a pre season game and I was lucky enough to get a ticket for the Arsenal game through the official website. It was GBP175. I wish I could get a season ticket (I'm on the waiting list) and I would go to as many away games as I could get tickets to. So I would consider spending over the odds to watch us vs Palace away because it's really hard to get tickets to follow UTD. Short of moving to Manchester which I can't do because of work I would appreciate some constructive advice on how to follow Utd away without absolutely breaking the bank.

Pick a game you can attend … I’m not sure where your from but get a train - stay a night maybe. It’s not actually that expensive if you buy your ticket at FV and not £175.
i live abroad and I choose my games and book flights as soon as games are confirmed by the PL

Maverick_19

Pick a game you can attend … I’m not sure where your from but get a train - stay a night maybe. It’s not actually that expensive if you buy your ticket at FV and not £175
That was face value from the club website. I stay in Surrey. It was GBP120 for the train ticket and comfortably another 60 for food drinks and a program.

JB7

Buy a season ticket, keep it 3 years, apply for aways from year 4, £30 a game. Don't pay touts. That is the most constructive advice I can give regarding getting away tickets for a reasonable price.

Btw, the £175+ tickets on the website aren't normal FV tickets, they are exec level seats and to be honest it's really poor of United to put them on as if they are normal seats. Normal seats inside OT are £35-50.

Maverick_19

Buy a season ticket, keep it 3 years, apply for aways from year 4, £30 a game. Don't pay touts. That is the most constructive advice I can give regarding getting away tickets for a reasonable price.

Btw, the £175+ tickets on the website aren't normal FV tickets, they are exec level seats and to be honest it's really poor of United to put them on as if they are normal seats. Normal seats inside OT are £35-50.
Thank you. I am on the waiting list for a season ticket (for which the club took a 100 quid deposit) They reckon it will be about 2 years till one is available. Until then I suppose I will just have to keep spending a small fortune. As a matter of interest the only tickets available now for Bournemouth at Old Trafford are GPB 270. Hospitality packages cost slightly more.