All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

JB7

Thank you. I am on the waiting list for a season ticket (for which the club took a 100 quid deposit) They reckon it will be about 2 years till one is available. Until then I suppose I will just have to keep spending a small fortune. As a matter of interest the only tickets available now for Bournemouth at Old Trafford are GPB 270. Hospitality packages cost slightly more.
You'll get one the end of this year mate, the waiting list stuff may be more true at the moment than it has been in recent years but just make sure you're on the ball when they go on sale and you should get one.

And they release match tickets in dribs and drabs, unfortunately you just have to be quick when they are released. There will 100% be more tickets released for that game in the £35-50 price brackets. Failing that keep an eye on here, I'd imagine there will be a few spares popping up with it being over Christmas.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
That was face value from the club website. I stay in Surrey. It was GBP120 for the train ticket and comfortably another 60 for food drinks and a program.
I'm very confused as to why you've taken issue with me.

Good luck with your efforts in following Utd but if you're completely out of the loop, don't live anywhere near Manchester or have any link to tickets what do you expect?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I've just moved to the UK ( been here 2 months) I've been a United fan since I was 8 years old (1988) I have seen United live 8 times through the years. Each time involving long travel hotels and really expensive tickets. This is the only option available to the " tourists ". Since I've lived in the UK I have joined as a club member been to a pre season game and I was lucky enough to get a ticket for the Arsenal game through the official website. It was GBP175. I wish I could get a season ticket (I'm on the waiting list) and I would go to as many away games as I could get tickets to. So I would consider spending over the odds to watch us vs Palace away because it's really hard to get tickets to follow UTD. Short of moving to Manchester which I can't do because of work I would appreciate some constructive advice on how to follow Utd away without absolutely breaking the bank.

Many thanks to those who can assist.
For Old Trafford lots of tickets are sold to members at face value, you missed the main sales window but there will be others - cup matches are easier to get and tickets come up for sale in this thread all the time. There are also groups on Facebook where many tickets change hands even at FV

You also shouldn't be paying £120 for trains - get organised further in advance, take the coach or contact your local supporters club who might do transport

For away tickets basically forget about it - the demand is too high, even most ST holders can't get them. If we get an away draw in the cup with a big allocation then you might get lucky.

Merk78

Thank you. I am on the waiting list for a season ticket (for which the club took a 100 quid deposit) They reckon it will be about 2 years till one is available. Until then I suppose I will just have to keep spending a small fortune. As a matter of interest the only tickets available now for Bournemouth at Old Trafford are GPB 270. Hospitality packages cost slightly more.
If you are a member then the best advice I can give is just keep checking back daily for ticket drops. The ticket alert system is non-existent however tickets will pop up now and then for the upcoming games and if you are only looking for a single and are not too picky over where you sit, you've a great chance of picking up tickets.

Skills

Snitch
What's the best place to park for the midweek matches? Last time i went to one, the primary school's parking was closed which was a pain (Victoria Park Jr School?).

FiiiiveTenHaaags

Last minute but anyone want a single for tonight’s Real S game? Really decent seats in Stretford End.

Let me know, will take any reasonable offer as it’s last minute.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I’m feeling generous and have a free ticket in the standing section for tonight’s game, as I can’t make it.

If you are an existing member, let me know if you want it.

First come first served, so if I don’t respond it means the ticket has already gone.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I’m feeling generous and have a free ticket in the standing section for tonight’s game, as I can’t make it.

If you are an existing member, let me know if you want it.

First come first served, so if I don’t respond it means the ticket has already gone.
Don't forget they charge you to forward it.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Hi guys, I would like to go to Old Trafford for any league game (it's more about timing for me so won't be picky with opponents) - is there a guide how to get tickets, organization staff for travelling there etc?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Hi guys, I would like to go to Old Trafford for any league game (it's more about timing for me so won't be picky with opponents) - is there a guide how to get tickets, organization staff for travelling there etc?
Not that I know of. Buy a lite membership off Man Utd (about £20) and then request a lower profile home game on here - someone will transfer you one for face value (between £35-£55).

Getting to the ground is easy enough, it's a short tram or long walk from central Manchester.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Not that I know of. Buy a lite membership off Man Utd (about £20) and then request a lower profile home game on here - someone will transfer you one for face value (between £35-£55).

Getting to the ground is easy enough, it's a short tram or long walk from central Manchester.
Thank you. I will do the profile then.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Thank you. I will do the profile then.
It's not a 100% guarantee ofcourse. But any game outside of Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, or Leeds later in this season you should have a high chance of getting one.

Robin

Just for cup games apparently. Unsure if just Europe or not.
United tried to charge a ‘ members’ fee for season ticket holders to transfer tickets to members, there was a complaint put by MUST and some branch secretaries, and it has been reversed

Sounds of the Aquarium

i have a pair for tonight (E333)
i cant make it so free to whoever wants them.
i can either forward to a member or i can just screenshot and send via whatsapp as that should work as well.

Reactions: Rood

redcucumber

Where's the best place to park? Usually get the train but a friend has joined so we've driven. Any advice greatly appreciated

Indranil Roy

Hi All,

I was travelling to Manchester for work for a few days, I wasn't hoping to catch a united game so didn't plan to get a ticket. Was just happy to see the stadium after 15 years and go back. But as fate has it will be reaching Picadelly at 8.10, if i check in quickly at hotel, i can reach old Trafford by 9 to watch the second half. So here's come the longshot can I purchase any ticket for tonight's game even if i can just watch for one half is better than zero. No preference, sitting standing doesn't matter, just to get it on game night for one half cheers

Bosws87

More then likely will have a Palace away spare when it's no doubt rearranged for a midweek late night kick off, will be looking for a swap for another away game!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
More then likely will have a Palace away spare when it's no doubt rearranged for a midweek late night kick off, will be looking for a swap for another away game!
DM me your number mate and will hopefully be able to sort.

Dread Devil

I am looking for a bit of advice re attending Sheriff Tiraspol on 27th October….haven’t been to OT for a long time and considering bringing my two daughters 8 and 11 to their first match….there are tickets available on the site.

I am guessing it’s best to arrive early and leave a little early to avoid the big crowds….any advice would be appreciated….

OlsensHummelBoots

I am looking for a bit of advice re attending Sheriff Tiraspol on 27th October….haven’t been to OT for a long time and considering bringing my two daughters 8 and 11 to their first match….there are tickets available on the site.

I am guessing it’s best to arrive early and leave a little early to avoid the big crowds….any advice would be appreciated….
How you getting to the match?

Done Sociedad the other night and my kid laps up going in early.

Parked at Trafford Centre and caught the tram into Wharfside.

After the game there was no hassle getting the tram back. Usually do the same for weekend games although it's a lot busier on the tram.

Hope the kids enjoy the experience.

UTFR

Reactions: Rood

Dread Devil

How you getting to the match?

Done Sociedad the other night and my kid laps up going in early.

Parked at Trafford Centre and caught the tram into Wharfside.

After the game there was no hassle getting the tram back. Usually do the same for weekend games although it's a lot busier on the tram.

Hope the kids enjoy the experience.

UTFR
Thanks for that, I will be driving…..will take your advice and park at the Trafford Centre and get the tram from there….

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Isn’t it postponed too? I’m receiving conflicting information.
I can't think of any good reason why this would be off now. Only potential disruption is London games at the weekend, but again I'm not sure what the police are expecting to happen the weekend before the queen's funeral, will royalists smash the place up like hooligans maybe?

Red00012

I can't think of any good reason why this would be off now. Only potential disruption is London games at the weekend, but again I'm not sure what the police are expecting to happen the weekend before the queen's funeral, will royalists smash the place up like hooligans maybe?
It’s the PL that will cancel not the police

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
It’s the PL that will cancel not the police
I would think that is very slim chance then. I have 3 days with all the kids at home now after a long 6 week summer holiday so Sunday afternoon at the game is all I have to hold onto.

JB7

FFS. Wasn't even aware these were available yet never mind sold out !

United are a joke. People cant just sit and watch the website 24/7.
In fairness I think there were about 5 days notice on the website of the dates/times tickets were to go on sale and what times it would drop to certain credits etc.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
In fairness I think there were about 5 days notice on the website of the dates/times tickets were to go on sale and what times it would drop to certain credits etc.
Yep - they advertise away tickets sufficiently.

Rooney24

Yep - they advertise away tickets sufficiently.
For the Tiraposal game away Im pretty sure I got an email. Didn't get one for this one.

I think its the inconsistency that annoys me. They should just pick a method and stick with it.